[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dan Abnett is on board >Earth 2 hasn't been this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
>Dan Abnett is on board
>Earth 2 hasn't been this good in a long time
>nobody is reading it

Feels bad.
>>
>>84119541
>no more wonders
what the fuck is he expecting them to do
>>
Dickbats and SuperZod still live?
>>
>>84119541
I would if I didnt fucking hate Dick's costume
>>
>>84119541
>DC noticed how nobody was digging Earth 2 anymore so they told Abnett to fix it
Still funny to me.
>>
>>84119541
Anyone managing to stick around after Futures End and Convergence has ungodly persistence
>>
>>84119541
He's really been spending much of his run fixing the shit state E2 was in and not getting into his own storyline it seems.
>>
File: indifference.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
indifference.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>nobody is reading it

Can you blame anybody after World's End?
>>
>>84119554
SuperZod retired and DickBats is as good as dead after the reset.
The real question is if the reset will just be JSA on E1 or if E2 can get rebooted to Robinson era.
>>
>>84119570
Its soooo terrible. I hate it and the fact that he was a nobody and magically he's as resourceful as batman was. Unless something happened in convergence that I'm forgetting to account for that... but his costume is still shit.
>>
File: SAVE US.jpg (546 KB, 1000x1537) Image search: [Google]
SAVE US.jpg
546 KB, 1000x1537
>Nrama: You're continuing to do Earth 2 along with all this, right?

>Abnett: Yes. It's not strictly speaking part of Rebirth, but I'm continuing to write it. Obviously, it's on a slightly separate stream, although we're doing some very big stories there.

>Nrama: You've done it for a little while. Does it continue?

>Abnett: I took it over on issue #9, where there was a sense that the readers didn't quite like what was going on, and could I do something to sort of revamp it? And the response to that has been tremendous, so I'm buoyed up by the enthusiasm for what I'm doing.

>So although Earth 2, strictly speaking, isn't part of Rebirth, but you know what? I'm trying to inject into it that sense of rejuvenation.

>I was working on it a bit today, and my editor and I have come up with a storyline that I think is not only going to blow people's socks off, but also will put right — I hope — put right some of the things that people thought was not right about Earth 2 as a book.

>I think I've found internal, in-universe story reasons to fix them. So if nothing else, it's going to be exciting.

>Nrama: You found story reasons to bring back the Titans, and now you're finding story reasons to fix Earth 2. You're getting good at that fixing stuff.

>Abnett: It should be on my business card!
>>
File: ABNETT.jpg (434 KB, 1000x1537) Image search: [Google]
ABNETT.jpg
434 KB, 1000x1537
>>84119665
In a dream world Abnett will bring us back then Robinson will return. Then in a couple of months Orlando will be doing his JSA on-going which will eventually cross-over
>>
>>84119685
Didn't Barda kidnap Dick's son on those colonyships?
>>
>>84119616
Thanks for heads-up. I didn't read much of Earth 2 since Society started.
And yes, I'm curious about future as well. Will Earth 2 people be merged with Prime Earth and given new memories? Will we simply get HAPPY END and Earth 2 will be forgotten when Prime JSA starts? Future is bleak for Earth 2, I'm afraid.
>>
>>84119541
Abnett is doing the best he can but after Taylor and World's End and Wilson my level of giving a shit about Earth 2 has dropped to pretty much zero and now that Rebirth is dangling actual JSA in front of me I can't find the love for Earth 2 that I used to have again even if it's gotten better now

Also I fucking hate Earth 2 Dick
>>
File: 76_17.jpg (441 KB, 1000x1537) Image search: [Google]
76_17.jpg
441 KB, 1000x1537
>>84119700
Maybe? I don't remember WE that well. I know Ultra-Humanite has him now and he's part of his army of forgotten children

>I think
kek, even Abnett knows that WE was confusing shitty schlock
>>
>>84119578
Worlds End*
>>
>>84119541
I just fee like having Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman on the book defeats the entire purpose of the book.
>>
I want Jay to be with Hawkgirl, they work well together
>>
File: Earth 2 WIREG.jpg (160 KB, 1008x388) Image search: [Google]
Earth 2 WIREG.jpg
160 KB, 1008x388
>>84119541
I'm reading it. I just don't trust it is all. I'm not letting myself get as invested as I did in the beginning.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.