[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's up.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: bnhnsp_logo.jpg (85 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
bnhnsp_logo.jpg
85 KB, 800x450
https://vine.co/v/5uwEllPL1zB
I'm feelin' it, but only lukewarm.
It's hit and miss but it doesn't hit hard.
>>
>>84106927
CLARIFICATION:
FOLLOW THE VINE LINK TO SEE THE FULL EPISODE
>>
>>84106927
why did they give it such a retarded name? no one is gonna watch a show they can't pronounce/remember
>>
>>84107001
Because it's "weird"
I was a far bigger fan of the working title "TV Sucks"
>>
only bit I liked was the swamp hag
>>
>>84106927 (OP)

This kind of turbosucked.

I'm a huge fan of Neely's, I've loved everything he's done. The oldschool superdelux shorts, the China Il tv adaptation, Wizard people, queeblo, but this fucking sucked. Which is weird because I've enjoyed a lot of the preview clips they put up on the adultswim facebook page. But there was like no thought in any of these shorts. It felt like robot chicken at it's ultra-worst. I like Neely because when he's being stupid he's usually somehow also being clever.

That being said I think it was just the skits that failed, I think the format is a good return to the oldschool short style. I'll watch future episodes to see if it was just a shit pilot.
>>
I enjoyed it. It's closer to what he's best at.
>>
>>84106927

Wow that was... not really funny at all.

I don't know why he can't make the magic happen for his tv stuff, his internet shorts are some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen. This was just... random shit happening. Even worse than China, IL which was at least funny at times.
>>
There were a few good sketches, notably the Swamp Hag and Doo Doo Man. But a lot of the other ones fell flat or went on too long, or both. It was good enough that I'll give it a few more chances though. It was only 10 minutes anyways.
>>
>>84106927
I love a lot of Neely's work but this was just plain mediocre. Non-sequiturs are obviously the crux of his jokes but in this particular format, they just fall kind of flat. Lets look at Baby Cakes as a comparison. Sure, like 9/10 what he says is nonsense in his videos but it all feels like a coherent ramble in the way it's presented. This however is just a bunch of one-off jokes with no connection whatsoever and the jokes themselves aren't really all that good.
>>
>>84107957
Yeah I'm hoping this is just a case of a rough pilot and it gets better because this sucked like fifty cocks
>>
>>84106927
A collection of shorts? Did they force him to do this for the robot chicken audience?
China was really fucking good because Neely had a whole setting and everything. Having little snippets like this is just obnoxious since there's nothing to really latch onto.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.