[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Western Animation Convention
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: GoofTrip.jpg (105 KB, 334x252) Image search: [Google]
GoofTrip.jpg
105 KB, 334x252
Could it ever happen? There's fuckloads of Anime cons but you never see anything devoted to western animation.
>>
>>84106036
Too much of a disconnect from classic western animation to today's degenerate animation.
>>
File: Frozen concept animation.gif (1021 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
Frozen concept animation.gif
1021 KB, 400x224
>>84106036
Unless we're back in the 40s when animation was top notch and not outsourced to third world shitholes then no. CGI is all people want to see nowadays, and that is some lazy shit that ages faster than milk.
>>
>>84106036
Yeah, there was one. DrawnCon. I went to the first one, and it was full of bronies. I tried starting a thread about it here, but no one gave a shit.
>>
>>84106036
You mean a comic con?
>>
File: 54.jpg (31 KB, 400x308) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
31 KB, 400x308
>>84106807
>No 2D Frozen
So god isn't real. Checkmate christfags.
>Ages faster than milk.
I've noticed this. I can watch Pinocchio or an old anime and its aged rather well. Cant say the same about CGI. I noticed that when watching the Incredibles, the skin looks too plastic-like and and the eyes look too glossy.
>>
>>84106036
It would end up being a furry convention.
>>
CTN Expo? D23?
>>
>>84106807
Post more please
>>
>>84106036
It's called a comic convention. You don't hear of manga convention in the US either, that's called an anime convention.
>>
File: that's some great coke dude.png (253 KB, 497x600) Image search: [Google]
that's some great coke dude.png
253 KB, 497x600
>>84106036
Bronycon
>>
>>84106036
They kind of just merge in with anime cons anyway. The last few anime cons I went to, I've seen lots of people cosplaying as Disney characters, cape comic characters, and whatever shitty flavor of the month Steven Universe or Avatar thing is currently going on.

Disney actually holds their own official convention every two years for members of their D23 club but you can attend them without needing to be a member. (If you want to go somewhere with people cosplaying as Disney characters, go to one of the theme parks during their Halloween parties)
>>
>>84106807
Who looked at this and thought it was acceptable to do it in CG?
>>
>>84107212

It hurts me that we haven't gotten a new episode of lizzie in forever

But your right pony conventions are western animation conventions
>>
>>84106036
anything western related worth it's weight in salt is already incorporated into anime conventions. if there was a western exclusive convention people would see it as "that anime convention without anime" and there wouldn't be enough draw to it
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.