[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Riddle me this co:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Riddle_Me_This_Co.jpg (130 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Riddle_Me_This_Co.jpg
130 KB, 960x960
Why is Scarecrow the most under-utilised villain in the batman/dc mythos? He has probably the highest threat potential out of all of the non-metahuman villains in the dc universe and could fuck shit up easily given the right chance.

I mean the dark knight trilogy had him in it for 1 movie but even then he was under utilised as fuck and the movies just defaulted back to Ra's / Joker and Bane as the main threats.

Arkham Knight seemed to show his true potential as a villain and he actually succeeded in bringing batman to his knee's and revealing his biggest secret, something which Joker could never ever fucking do.

So why is it co? Why is scarecrow left in the cornfield?
>>
>>84087549
I like the character, but I think part of why it is hard to write him is that his thing is "being scary," but if you think about it, most villains are already "scary." Joker is scary. Croc is scary. Two-Face is scary. The Parasite is scary. Cheetah is scary. Like, if you're a powerful bad person who hurts people, you would be scary. This is pretty much like having a villain whose gimmick is being "The Crime Committer," who dresses up in a striped bandit costume. Like, "what the fuck, you ALL commit crimes."
>>
Why not give him a Yellow Ring?
>>
>>84087897
Already did.
Unless you're using memery
>>
It's hard to take him seriously if Batman doesn't. He's up against the man who has conquered fear so he would always seem inferior to him. Kind of like how the Riddler seems like a joke only because he's squaring off against the World's Greatest Detective.

If Scarecrow was able to take on someone who is allowed to be afraid and then we watch the hero gain the courage needed to overcome fear, he would make for a greater villain, but since he's up against Batman, Scarecrow's defeat is a foregone conclusion.
>>
>>84087945
I really liked that one page that pretty much says that yellow rings have been trying to make their way to Scarecrow for who knows how long, but GL and Bats keep an eye out and intercept all of them.

Just as like, something that happens on a regular basis that we don't even need to know about. Because of course Batman is on top of that possibility already. He's friggin Batman.
>>
Go play Arkham Asylum OP. I'm not a big /co/ck fanatic but the Scarecrow in Arkham Asylum was extremely well done. He got plently of well directed screentime and never felt like he was overdone.
>>
>>84087549
>the lost underutilized
>is in a movie and multiple games

No. Magpie, Killer Moth, Ventriloquist, and any number of others can claim that before Scarecrow. Even Penguin for the lowest time has done little than be an informant.
>>
>>84087737
It's not so much that Scarecrow is scary, but that he weaponizes fear just like Batman does, but he does it for either curiosity or personal enjoyment, rather than justice.
>>
>>84088033
anybody got sauce?
>>
Because writing scary shit is hard.
>>
>>84087737
Don't be a fucking retard anon. Being dangerous isn't the same as being terrifying and that's where writers truly fail. Scarecrow should be a soul crushingly horrow show but comic book writers are hacks so they rely entirely on fear gas to illustrate that scarecrow is scary.
>>
>>84087549
Scarecrow's most iconic weapon can be defeated by a gas mask and it regularly is. When the things that supposedly makes him so dangerous can be so easily defeated, it robs him of all menace and terror and that's a problem.
>>
geoff johns pls go
>>
>>84088835
This isn't a Captain Cold thread anon
>>
Nigga had his own fukin game

And it wasnt shit

If not for the Joker random insert than his plan wouldve failed early on
Give it up
>>
>>84088890
geoff johns has noted that scarecrow is one of his favorite batman villains, going so far as to showcase him in parts of his GL run. his other favorite is catwoman

Made me realize how its funny that geoff johns being involved in arkham knight is probably what led them to having jason todd and scarecrow as the main villains as he is a huge fan of both
>>
>>84088920
I thought he said Riddler was his favorite Batman villain?
>>
>>84088909
Batman begins?
>>
>>84089543
never read anything about that, but i said one of his favorites, not THE favorite.

he even pitched a blackest night scarecrow mini that never made it
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.