[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The state of Marvel comics right now. >Secret Wars 2 >Civil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: image to start a thread.jpg (66 KB, 633x537) Image search: [Google]
image to start a thread.jpg
66 KB, 633x537
The state of Marvel comics right now.

>Secret Wars 2
>Civil War 2
>Giving the finger to the X-men with Death of X
>Tumblr pandering as hard as they can
>Marvel Now part 4 is coming and people are already rolling their eyes.
>Captain Hydra
>She-Hulk is dead( They may or may not puss out and kill Bruce Banner instead
>Bendis keeps molding the universe

Can Marvel be saved at this point, /co/? What made one of the big two turn into shit that fast and in such a bad way?
>>
>>84085341
You already have a thread, Megafag. Just because people stopped taking your bait in that one is no excuse to make a new one.
>>
File: MarvelNow-header.jpg (102 KB, 654x200) Image search: [Google]
MarvelNow-header.jpg
102 KB, 654x200
You can tell how amazing it's going to be because the "Now" is busting apart from the awesome contained within.
>>
>>84085341
Isn't this like the fourth thread with this exact same topic and a picture of Gwenpool? Who keeps making these?
>>
Moon Knight and Vision are great.
Nova is pretty depressing so that's ok i guess.
>>
>>84085341
I haven't read marvel in a loooong time, who is gwenpool? Don't tell me she's gwen Stacy who has become Deadpool?

This can't be real.
>>
>>84085454

there's some crazy anti-Gwenpool/marvel dude constantly shitposting
>>
>>84085341
I honestly can't fathom how grown comic fans who've been reading for over 15 years defend fucking garbage like Gwenpool. What the fuck even is she? Is spider Gwen pretending to be lady deadpool or something? How is this even a thing?
>>
>>84085520
>>84085555
A girl named Gwen Poole from the real world. She got trapped in 616 and became a hero to avoid being killed off as a faceless civilian. The costume maker thought her name was Gwenpool because it sounds alike.
>>
>>84085341
Secret Wars 3, Secret Wars 2 was about the Beyonder learning to be human
>>
>>84085555
>>84085520
She's a completely unrelated girl named Gwen Poole who ended up in the Marvel universe. She's aware she's in a comic book which is her schtick. Her name is basically just her name, "Gwenpoole" without the "e".
People defend it endlessly because she's "cute" because they have one of Marvel's best artists on her comic.
>>
>>84085341
I thought DC was fucked up during the NuMetal52 but goddamn, get it together Marvel.
>>
>>84085520
nobody knows. they just hate her is all.
>>
>>84085555
>>84085520
It's pretty fun. Her only "power" is her meta-knowledge of the marvel universe.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 320x736) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 320x736
>>
>>84085739
And pluck.
>>
>>84085739
I'm sorry that sounds tacky as fuck. Is that what passes for superhero stories now?
>>
>Killing of X-men
so becaue fox owns x-men movie rights is Marvel just killing of x-men so no one can have them?
>>
>>84085766
It's comedic. So yes. I was skeptical at first too, but someone story-timed an issue.
>>
>>84085810
Is that what this genre is for now? To make you laugh?
>>
>>84085766
It's written by Chris Hastings from Dr. McNinja and Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe, with art by Gurihiru.
>>84085860
Yes, the genre of comedy is meant to make you laugh.
>>
File: Misty & Danny 2.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Misty & Danny 2.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>84085662
I'll forever be salty that Hastings and Gurihiru weren't put on a Power Man and Iron Fist Family comic where Danny and Misty's relationship and daughter are imported from Secret Wars.
>>
Op, you forgot
>Desperately trying to make people care about the Inhumans, no matter how forced it may seem

They got a movie coming out OP.
>>
>>84087121
Want that movie cancelled or pushed back to an undetermined date?
>>
>>84085810

It's """comedic"""
>>
>>84087150
I want them to stop building their comics around the movies.
>>
File: 1405758951406.jpg (44 KB, 246x374) Image search: [Google]
1405758951406.jpg
44 KB, 246x374
>>84085555
To be clear, you're saying you "can't fathom" how people defend a comic that you've apparently never read and have no real understanding of, because it's "garbage?"

I'm not a fan of the comic, but I'm also not a fan of fucking retards like you.
>>
>>84085860
>>84085766
>>84085739
You're actually OP, aren't you?
>>
>>84085860
Ever since the MCU, yes. Most Marvel comics are pretty much Deadpool, focusing on "comedy" and meta comments to/about the fans.
>>
>>84085801
Blame that greedy jew Perlmutter and his "if i can't make money out of something, no one else will!" mindset.
>>
>>84087187
Sorry I meant to say wasn't not want.
>>
>>84085520
sounds to me like if its a Marvel Rule 63, it will be Gwen-Something- or -something- Gwen

will there be a
Captain Gwen
Iron Gwen
Black Gwenther
>>
>>84085418

It looks like a cereal logo to be honest
>>
>>84085739

That sound like a lame webcomic
>>
>>84085555
I've only been reading for 13 years so I guess it's okay
>>
>>84085930
>It's written by Chris Hastings from Dr. McNinja and Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe

You just gave more reasons to NOT read this...
>>
>>84085341
I've never really bothered with anything but X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Ultimate universe comics from Marvel and boy does it suck to be a fan of any of that right now.

UU is dead, been dead since 2008 or so.
Fantastic Four was pretty crap for the last couple years before it ended.
X-Men has been pure shit since 2012 and hit and miss since before that.
>>
File: rogi.jpg (47 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
rogi.jpg
47 KB, 600x450
>>84087574

I think what pisses me off about characters like Gwenpool is that they feel like a watered down version of Deadpool.

Dark humor vs meme humor.
Eternal cancer guy vs blond cute girl.
Gorey over the top action vs tame, watered down almost kid friendly action
>>
Marvel went from being a virtual nobody to outselling DC even though they were incredibly limited to how many titles they could put out a month. For a long time, they were a breath of fresh air in a market that was often "too safe" for it's own good, and actively became the "carrot on a stick" for the horse to follow for DC. It's safe to say that DC was made better through their competition with Marvel, as is often the case

Even though I'm not a Marvel zealot, I do respect them as a company and brand. It's just kind of sad to see them this stage in their lifespan like a dying relative with not much time left
>>
>>84087412

What is this kind of autism? OP is shitting on Marvel but somehow is also the same person that is shilling Gwenpool?

Waifu fags should can't handle people having different opinions
>>
>>84085555

I think that the problem is that they feel that reading a story about a cute girl is the closest thing that they would get from actually hanging out with a cute girl.

I went to a zootopia thread, which are cancer threads now, and they say that they were so obsessed with the movie because they like to play pretend that they are in the movie, that the characters are their friends, etc.
To fill a void
>>
>>84088617
I guess you aren't the target demographic.
>>
>Secret Wars 2
A good event

>Civil War 2
Beyond saving

>Tumblr pandering as hard as they can
Every comic book company does that.

>Captain Hydra
Are you implying that it will last? Are you new to comics?
>>
>>84085860
Comics are a medium, not a genre, fuckwit. Or are you the kind of casual who thinks all comics are capeshit?
>>
>>84085641
You mean Secret Wars 4. Secret Wars 3 was about the Beyonder and Molecule Man finding out that they got their powers from the Beyonders and ended with them fusing into a cosmic cube.
>>
>>84089090
>>Secret Wars 2
>A good event

I don't know, I liked it when it was about planets crashing into each other, when it became a Game of Thrones rip off that's when it started to suck

Tie were decent and some of them good I guess
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.