[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would this have been better if it were animated like The Boondocks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 23344.jpg (159 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
23344.jpg
159 KB, 1600x600
Would this have been better if it were animated like The Boondocks? I feel like a lot of Aaron McGruder's comedic timing is lost with real actors. They aren't able to do those exaggerated faces that Boondocks has and can't afford to do insane cartoonish scenarios (Huey and Riley basically samurai fighting down the stairs) as well. So instead, the characters end up just sitting around a lot and talking and being kind of boring.
>>
If anything it's better BECAUSE it's real actors.
>>
>>84084972
Are you implying Black Jesus was good?
>>
>>84084998
Isn't it?
>>
>>84084948
I forgot it actually came out.
was it worth boondocks s4 sucking?
>>
I don't see what it gains from being animated.
If you can do it in real life do it in real life. Boondocks like you said has scenes enhanced by being animated. Black Jesus only has tiny miracles, I think the fact he does them like magic tricks gives them some charm.
>>84085196
Was Black Dynamite? Yes. It was.
>>
>>84085268
>Was Black Dynamite? Yes. It was

wait wasn't it black Jesus the reason why Aaron didn't work on season 4? that and red tails.
>>
>>84085377
AFAIK, wasn't Gruder not even informed about S4? He found out via news website that Boondocks was renewed for a new season and Gruder stepped down. I remember him tweeting something along the lines of, "Well, that's news to me".
>>
>>84085443
holy fuck that's disgusting.
>>
>>84084998
it wasn't good, It was amazing !
>>
>>84084948
>I feel
Your feelings are always wrong. Try thinking thinking things instead.
>>
>>84084998
i find Black Jesus to be a hilarious look at religion
>>
>>84084948
Im waiting on a live action Huey and Riley to visit Lloyd (John Witherspoon) as there Grandfather.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.