[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spider-Man movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 230x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 230x144
I've been watching all Spider-Man [theatrical] movies recently (except for ASM2 since I don't own it) and I gotta say that I just can't get into the Raimi ones almost at all. The only one I even remotely enjoyed was 3 and even then it's a shitty movie. My favorite turned out to be Amazing Spider-Man despite the recent hate it's been getting. Is there something wrong with me?
>>
File: 1460061725163.png (413 KB, 885x720) Image search: [Google]
1460061725163.png
413 KB, 885x720
>>84082985
You like action movies with antsy brooding protagonists over light-hearted cheesy charming movies. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm guessing you like the Nolan films and think the Snyder DC films are decent.
>>
>>84082985

>likes ASM and Spider-Man 3
>doesn't like Spider-Man 1 or 2

Fucking bait.
>>
>>84082985
I agree that Amazing Spider-Man (1) is better than either of the first Raimi flicks, but what the hay compells you to like Spider-Man 3? Sandman was ok in it....Venom SHOULD be the main draw but he's fucking awful, Peter, Harry, and MJ are even worse in it than in the previous ones and that's saying a lot, what the fuck do you like about it?
>>
>>84084141
>antsy brooding protagonists

Please, Garfield's Peter was just brooding in the same places Maguire's Peter was broody. AKA Family and girlfriend stuff.
>>
>>84082985
The Raimi films havent aged well but youre nuts thinking ASM is better than Spider Man 2
>>
>>84085205
Have you watched Spider-Man 2 recently? I don't care if people prefer it, but this idea that it's one of the greatest comic adaptions of all time is simply a meme

Every problem or reason someone might not like the other two Raimi films is present in Spider-Man 2 as well, I see it and the first one as being pretty much on fuckin' par with one another, if you like one you'll like the other if you dislike one you'll dislike the other, 3 is the only one I don't get how anybody likes period
>>
>>84085282
Oh Im not saying its the best cape film nor has it held up, I just personally get more entertainment from it than ASM. Wasnt a fan of Andrews Peter or the ending.
>>
File: hey everyone.jpg (83 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
hey everyone.jpg
83 KB, 1200x675
>>84082985
>Is there something wrong with me?
No? Raimi's trilogy is enjoyable and it was good for its time but the movies have aged like milk. I still watch them from time to time but most of the enjoyment comes from nostalgia and Spider-Man being my all-time favorite hero. ASM is pretty good and I thought that a lot of /co/ agreed on that. Easily the superior Spidey origin film even though it isn't wholly true to the comics, plus a decent Lizard. Too bad the costume is an eyesore.

ASM2 on the other hand, gets a lot of hate. Because it sucks. It's all convoluted and bloated with way too much drama. It's only with watching for the action and the superb costume.

Side note: Civil War Spidey is best movie Spidey
>>
File: tumblr_o3wul3MYYS1txn1qro1_1280.png (354 KB, 1280x1075) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3wul3MYYS1txn1qro1_1280.png
354 KB, 1280x1075
>>84085397
Yeah, hope Homecoming will deliver
>>
>>84085397
>ASM is pretty good and I thought that a lot of /co/ agreed on that.

They did, but when ASM2 came out it became retroactively THE WORST THING EVER.

Particularly, I like all Spider-Man movies, even ASM2, even though it is the weakest entry in the franchise. There's some glimpses of brilliance there.

Sadly if they had just axed the parents storyline and added some of the deleted Harry scenes it would be a solid movie. That detour to Richard Parker's secret lab killed the pacing.
>>
>>84084332
It's not tho.
>>
>>84084141
Snyder's a mixed bag
>>
The correct Spidey movie ranking from best to worst
ASM>SM2>SM>TASM2>SM3
Raimi films were top-tier but fucking awful adaptations, Webb films were great adaptations but were okay to shit films
>>
>>84084494
I find it funny and the action is decent.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.