[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup, /co/. We were talking about Lovecraftian/cosmic horror/weird
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 261x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 261x404
Sup, /co/.

We were talking about Lovecraftian/cosmic horror/weird shit comics over on /tg/ and I figured I'd see if you had any recommendations?

Suggestions thus far:

>Neonomicon
>The Marquis
>Hellboy/BPRD
>Locke & Key
>Alan Moore's The Courtyard
>Global frequency
>Fall of Cthulhu
>Shadow over Gotham
>Doom that came to Gotham
>Arkham Asylum: Living Hell
>Injection
>Rat God
>Ragemoore
>Providence
>Caliban

Otherwise, horror comics general, I guess?
>>
>>84032843
Was going to recommend Providence, but you've got that already. Nameless is pretty good. It isn't necessarily Yogg-Sothothery, but it's damn close.

Now to mention how much I hate August Derleth, especially for what he did to The King in Yellow. Seriously, just fuck him.
>>
>>84032843
>Neonomicon
This comic is fucking awful. Do not read it.

>>Shadow over Gotham
It's called The Doom That Came to Gotham
>>
>>84032843
>>84032843
Hell on Earth from Hellboy is a must.

Check here for their lovecraftian creatures:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/annotations/hell-notes-gods-and-monsters/

>>84033438
The sequels of Neonomicon are better.

Neonomicon himself is about fish rape OP.
>>
File: king-in-yellow.jpg (168 KB, 825x1252) Image search: [Google]
king-in-yellow.jpg
168 KB, 825x1252
SelfMadeHero has the more traditional stuff.
>>
File: 1432986517064.gif (15 KB, 300x600) Image search: [Google]
1432986517064.gif
15 KB, 300x600
>>84032843
>Neonomicon
Whoever suggested that is a bastard.
...Then again /tg/'s tastes are very... singular.
>>
>>84032843
I'm not sure Global Frequency really counts.
Try out Fatale, it's a noir story with cosmic shit going on.
Manifest Destiny, which is the Lewis and Clark expedition but with extra-dimensional horror
Maybe Black Science, dimension-hopping pulp sci-fi
There's others I'm forgetting, I'll post more when I remember them.
>>
File: 307.jpg (572 KB, 994x1528) Image search: [Google]
307.jpg
572 KB, 994x1528
>>84032843
I read a ~500 page omni in the past year that was pretty rad.
It had Nyarlathotep and a masked loli and some dream lady with syphilis.
Anybody got a name? This look at all familiar?
>>
You can add Weird Detective to that list. #1 just came out last week(it collects all the short stories published before in Dark Horse Presents).

Also, Providence makes Neonomicon now a little more relevant, but it's still not that good.
>>
>>84034212
Wait, just googled Fall of. It's that. nvm
So yeah that's a good one.
>>
>>84033392
I've heard August Derleth's name before, but have no idea what he did that was so bad.
>>
Lovecraft is a meme writer.
>>
How Providence compares to Neonomicon?
>>
>>84034285
Infinitely better.
It actually makes Neonomicon better retroactively.
>>
The ongoing Archie Horror Series actually fit the bill pretty well too, believe it or not.
>>
>>84034236
He's the cunt that ruined everything. That's what he did.
>>
>>84034307
No fish rape?
>>
>>84034236
He took over a lot of Lovecraft's stories after his death. One one hand, he did a lot of good by getting stuff published and in the public mind. On the other hand he kind of "took over" the Mythos and added and changed stuff that "purists" don't like.
>>
>>84034542
Nope. It also explains a lot of what happens in Neonomicon, like why the cultists are so rape happy, why the Fishman is mostly friendly and why all the cities are under domes
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.