[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw I read Morrison's bat epic before Dark Knight, Dark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1975x2730) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1975x2730
>tfw I read Morrison's bat epic before Dark Knight, Dark City.

Can we have a discussion on how they relate?

Was doctor hurt going through the six steps of the ritual? I know he said 'Dance Macabre' at one point in R.I.P.

If I remember right, in Morrison's run he called it 'Barbatos' while Milligan called it 'Barbathos'. They are the same though. I think.

Anyway, the two runs seem closely related.
>>
>>84010773
i have no idea what the fuck is this shit
now i'm gonna have to read this and then read the whole morrison run again
>>
>>84010773
They are related. Make sure to read the rest of Milligan's Batman. His run is great.
>>
>>84010773
I really hate to break it to you, but Morrison cribbed heavily from prior Batman runs.
>>
>>84011424
I know, and that's not a bad thing, I just wish I read it first.
>>
>>84011424
Everybody already knows that.
>>
>>84011467
You'd be amazed.
>>
Dark Knight, Dark City was one of the first Batman comics I ever got. I was like 6 at the time. All I remember from it is that Riddler tried to get possessed by a demon or some shit after Batman did some ritual that involved cutting a throat open from an newly born child after it almost choked on a ping pong ball. It was fucked up and I would never let a 6 year old read it.
>>
>>84010773

You are searching for connections where there are none.

Morrison writes random, surreal nonsense and then waits for readers to assign meaning to meaningless references.
>>
>>84012769
I remember reading an interview he did about Seaguy and he said something like "I didn't know what the story was about until I wrote the last page." It shows in his writing that he has no idea what he's doing.
>>
File: Batman_morrison.jpg (269 KB, 489x800) Image search: [Google]
Batman_morrison.jpg
269 KB, 489x800
>>84011388
Also, read this other Morrison story. It also explores Batman's relationship with Gotham and a proto-Dr. Hurt called Mr. Whisper.
>>
>>84012769
Did you even read both series or are you just memeing. Morrison fleshed Barbatos who originated in Milligan's run.
>>
>>84013142

I got the set of floppies last year. One of my favorite stories.
>>
>>84012769
>Morrison writes random, surreal nonsense
Let me guess: you think Multiversity sucks.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.