[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sorry if this gets asked alot, but my Google searches came inconclusive.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: crisis.jpg (418 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
crisis.jpg
418 KB, 1024x768
Sorry if this gets asked alot, but my Google searches came inconclusive.
I just finished reading Crisis on Infinite Earths, I loved it. I want to read every major Crisis event DC has. I know it's alot but I don't mind, I have time.
Jumping from Crisis to Crisis isn't probably a good idea, so what runs would you recommend between each Crisis? Don't worry about listing too many runs, as I said, I have time.
Thanks guys.
>>
Shameless self-bump. Anyone?
>>
>>84007667
why not just read everything op?
>>
What kind of in between stuff do you want? Things that lead up to or follow the crisis? Or just anything good?
>>
>>84007686
oh or just the crises and any preludes that go along. that way the preludes will recap everything you miss in between the crises eh?
>>
>>84007700
Lead ups and anything that's seen as good/ essential really.
>>84007686
>>84007704
Reading everything just seems like a waste of time as I'd imagine there being alot of bad runs. And on the other hand, just reading the Crisises even with preludes I think I'd be missing out on the good stuff, right?
>>
>>84007024
Since you already read COIE and want runs liked to next crisis I'd suggest:
New Teen Titans
Flash vol 2( Waid run is great, but don't ignore the previous)
Green Lantern( for Emerald Twilight)
Death in the Family
Death and Return of Superman
JLI
Zero Hour
From there the rest up to Infinite Crises is quite easy to figure out
>>
After CoIE there are really only two or three things you could call 'major crisis events', Zero Hour, Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis.

Zero Hour you really can take or leave, and Infinite Crisis has clearly demarcated lead-in stuff you should be able to find relatively easily with Google.

Final Crisis is a bit more, though. Some preliminary reading stuff can only help you out. I'd recommend:

Jack Kirby's Fourth World saga (New Gods, Mr. Miracle, Forever People, Jimmy Olsen)
Morrison's Animal Man
Morrison's JLA
Morrison's JLA: Earth 2
Infinite Crisis
Morrison's Seven Soldiers of Victory
Morrison's Batman Epic (this intersects with Final Crisis, and you can find it's reading order online fairly easily as well)

That should get you going, anon.
>>
>>84007838
>>84007803
Thanks a ton guys.
>>
>>84007024
https://kat.cr/all-dcu-major-events-before-the-new-52-t12686847.html
>>
>>84007803
Half those have NOTHING to do with Crisis shit and the rest are only barely related.
>>
No thanks for me and torrent?
>>
>>84007024
If you like big DC events read DC One Million and Blackest Night.
>>
>>84008350
>>84008310
Thanks to you too!
>>84008341
I asked for anything that's regarded good post Crisis. I'm still unfamiliar with older DC runs, you see?
>>84008361
I've heard reading the rest of the John's Green Lantern is pretty essential to fully appreciate Blackest Night, so it'll be a bit before I get there. But I definitely will get there.
Does One Million require some prior reading or does it stand alone well enough?
>>
>>84008456
>Does One Million require some prior reading or does it stand alone well enough?
Nope, but later, after reading you can look at convergence event.
>>
I'd recommend Legends, it's the first big post-crisis event and it sets up Captain Marvel, Justice League International, and Suicide Squad. It's actually pretty fun too.
>>
Salvation Run also, pretty fun. Villain crisis like
>>
All of you guys rock I have now well over enough to read for the rest of the year and probably for the next one too, and I love it. I can't thank you enough.
>>
>>84009457
Wish you great adventures :3
>>
>>84007803
Death and Return of Superman should be read before Emerald Twilight.

Then read Final Night to learn what happens to Hal Jordan after Zero Hour.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.