[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you do it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 26
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 630x945) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 630x945
Say Marvel wanted to kill off Frank Castle and replace him as the Punisher.
They leave it up to you to come up with his replacement.
Here's what I would do
Have Satan decide that since Frank sent so many souls to Hell, he breaks up his soul
Satan finds four people who would be willing to accept the Punisher soul after Satan fucks with them a bit.
Some less than others.
Breaking the four Punishers down into titles
The Father
The Soldier
The Rage
And The Vengeful

Honestly you can never replace Frank, but if you had to?
>>
>>84002879
Bisexual war veteran whose family was killed by the Gay mafia
>>
>>84003044
Accurate
>>
Pretty interesting concept, but would that mean the Original will be stuck in hell and the rest free to roam the earth?

I'd try to rip off Old Man Logan by having Frank be so stubborn to keep fighting that he somehow lives long enough to carry over into the timeline of 2099, where he either Trains or officially hands over the Mantle. But that be silly.
>>
Not sure if Metal Gear solid or Sentai, OP.
>>
>>84003061
A part of Frank is in each of the new Punishers.
>>
>>84002879
He gets killed by a son/daughter of his thousand victims after getting pointed how which kind of giant hypocrite he is.

Then the guy/girl proclaims him/herself a a better Punisher which will actually make a difference.

>inb4 he only kills single men and women with no relatives!
>>
It would have to be someone with a different approach to the whole thing.
Perhaps someone who didn't care that much about bystanders getting hit. Or someone who wanted a confession from the bad guys before judging them. Or someone who found Castle's shirt and became possessed by it and driven to punishing - that's what he thinks anyway, he might be possessed by something else or perhaps he's just insane.

Here's a follow-up question to OP - should the/a Punisher have some kind of supernatural ability? Nothing insane, he shouldn't be taking out super criminals, but something that gives him the edge, something that explains why heroes haven't captured him years ago.
Perhaps he can alter his look, so you never know who he is until you see the shirt, or disable electronic systems, or sense where other people are.
>>
>>84003108
Hasn't The Punisher always had Hell on his side?
They steer his luck so he can keep those souls coming
>>
>>84002879
Frank has another kid who eventually replaces him as the Punisher after he's killed in a Franking incident.
>>
>>84003143
It's implied, but it's never been fully confirmed as far as I know.
Born does seem to make it look like there's some other thing watching over him, but it's never made clear. It could be his own brutality.
>>
Replace him with a gay black muslim transwoman who only kills those evil evil straight white cismen.
>>
>>84003163
In some Punisher X Moon Knight, Moon Knight's god insults Marc by telling him that the Punisher is so much better at repping his god than Marc is.
>>
>>84003097
I can tell you've never read a Punisher comic.
>>
>>84003546
Of course th guy only kills cartoony bad people so there is no collateral damage, we know.
>>
>>84003172
Took my comment word for word.

Marvel doesn't care about stories anymore. They just want shock value for sales. And this would sell
>>
>>84003044
This could actually be good.

But honestly I'd just bring Jake Gallows to the present.
>>
File: Tomboy-01-1-83524.jpg (216 KB, 689x1045) Image search: [Google]
Tomboy-01-1-83524.jpg
216 KB, 689x1045
I was actually thinking of this a while back. After someone storytimed Tomboy a while back, I considered what the Punisher would be like is he were a teenage girl. She wouldn't have the training or resources Frank has, but I suppose this could be balanced out by her creativity. She would jury rig weapons out of household items all Dead Rising-style. And she would try to make an effort to keep a secret identity, unlike Frank. She still goes to school and has friends, it's just that none of them know she's a psycho murderer.
>>
>>84002879
>With superpowers being more common than ever and superpowered gangs replacing the kind of common criminals Frank usually fought, the Punisher ,now getting older, dies in a gang war which also claims the lives of many others
>Even superheroes have their hands full dealing with so many superpowered individuals
>The mantle of the Punisher is then picked up by the one person who can even the playing field
>Leech

Leech walking around dressed in Punisher's black,disabling powers, getting close and personal.
>>
I'd just bring back Lynn Micheals.
>>
File: Punisher #004 - 03.jpg (381 KB, 987x1486) Image search: [Google]
Punisher #004 - 03.jpg
381 KB, 987x1486
>>84003143

Unknowingly, yes.

He was manipulated into becoming the Punisher by one of the Hell-lords, a fallen Archangel named Olivier.

It's... not brought up very much, because it was an obviously unpopular revelation that even Ennis could barely salvage (though it probably wasn't his intention to) with Born.

>>84004329

I liked that she got somewhat of a happy ending... at least until Fraction and Remender's War Journal.
>>
File: moon son i am disappoint.jpg (613 KB, 1280x2001) Image search: [Google]
moon son i am disappoint.jpg
613 KB, 1280x2001
>>84003231
>>
>>84003231
Its Ares right?
I'm not really sure but it seems like its Ares.
>>
>>84004408
>even Ennis could barely salvage
Ennis gave it the middle finger in Welcome Back Frank, remember that narration about Angels? It may have been the reason he backtracked on Born and left the whole thing ambiguous. Personally I don't care much for the spiritual angle, why people find it more acceptable than the pure "He's a fucking action hero," angle is beyond me.
>>
>>84002879
Holy shit...so glad you will NEVER write anything in your life. Or have influence on something.

Supernatural shit is the worst that ever happened to the Punisher. It's Marvel Knights all over again.

Keep that away from the Punisher.
>>
Frank finds out he has a kid from one of the random chicks he's banged over the years

Kid's a teenager now and tracks him down, looking for answers or whatever (generic find your birth parents plot)

Frank is resistant at first, thinks he's too far into his crusade to be anyone's family, but the revelation rattles him a bit

Then the kid gets targeted by the mob to get to Frank, so Frank has to protect him/her, they go on the run and Frank has to teach kid some franking skills to survive. Kid is already kind of tough tho, orphan powers and shit

The experience starts to make Frank question whether there's ever an end to this for him, whether he can ever retire and be happy, but he has to keep franking and right now the kid needs a Frank so his moral struggle can wait

Throw in some of your classic kid rejects dad, dad goes after kid again tropes, leading up to them accepting each other and taking a final shot at the mob to get them off their back

In the fight, Frank takes a bullet/grenade/fuckin tank for the kid, they have a tearjerker last words moment, Frank dies having finally done what he couldn't do in the park all those years ago (saving his family)

Kid takes up Frank's legacy, less out of vengeance and more out of honoring Frank. We're left with a Punisher who's less experienced, less extreme, and less damaged, but with big shoes to fill and the frankness to do it

I'm picturing a daughter here but it could work for a son or transkin too
>>
>>84004607

He and Elektra had a daughter who was the new Punisher in an AU version of 2099.

The story was mostly terrible, but the character was kind of interesting, especially since we don't learn that much about her (the focus was primarily on her Cloud Strife-looking son).
>>
File: He is Having a Terrible Time.jpg (165 KB, 696x547) Image search: [Google]
He is Having a Terrible Time.jpg
165 KB, 696x547
>>84004329

There's also Rachel.

And who knows what'll happen to Nigel at the conclusion of Contest of Champions.
>>
>>84004607
Make it twins - the punishers!
But seriously, it might be interesting to see actual conversation between the vigilantes instead of internal monologues. You can do a bit more with two, have them support each other, have them argue over ways of doings stuff, etc.
>>
>>84003811
A sort of American Psycho/Hotline Miami type thing
>>
>>84004493
After reading Born, I thought it was just supposed to be Death (assuming you don't just read it as Frank's inner madness).

The fate of a certain character in Ennis' Hitman tends to support this.
>>
OK.

Hear me out.

This new guy think the Punisher is too lenient. He kills too quick.

New punisher is basically like jigsaw from Saw. Or like the Spectre from DC, but without powers. Makes more elaborate punishments that are designed to cause maximum anguish and are custom made for the person and their crime.

His aim is to really punish. Empty houses are found full of suffering criminals, all tortured beyond repair, physical or otherwise. He kills, but he makes sure the victim suffers for what they have done and according to what they have done, killing isn't necessarily the goal or end game.

He thinks criminals don't fear death, if they did, they wouldn't be gunmen. So he will do things to them they will dread, or have been dreading for a while.

He investigates them and tailors the punishment.

If he wants to kill a warehouse full of baddies, he doesn't just blow it up or shoot them. He will trap them inside until they start eating each other or locks something in with them that will do it.
>>
File: Marvel Death.png (122 KB, 517x227) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Death.png
122 KB, 517x227
>>84004726

>After reading Born, I thought it was just supposed to be Death

How many boy toys does this whore need?
>>
>>84004847
thank mrs skeltal
>>
File: whyboner.png (2 MB, 779x1922) Image search: [Google]
whyboner.png
2 MB, 779x1922
>>84004847
>>
Punisher is finally devolves completely into a monster, completely incapable of showing restraint in his choice of victims. Play it tragic, he knows what's going on but can't stop himself.

He winds up tracking down an assassin who's gone cold for the last few years. It's revealed he's trying to get out of the game, he's got an estranged son (roughly 20 years) who finally convinced him to give it up for his sake. They arrive at a park together where the father tells him he's out and wants to make amends, be a better father to him.

Frank arrives, finds the assassin during his discussion. Not realizing or not caring about his contrition, he tells the son to leave. The son knows exactly what is going to happen and pleads for his father's life. Frank doesn't relent, and threatens that he will kill him right in front of him if he doesn't leave. Which is what it comes down to, with a shocked son left sitting next to his dead father with a hole in his head.

The son breaks down that night, and starts following Frank's exploits via police radio, tracking his path of destruction. He encounters dying mobsters and other criminals, but unlike Frank, he offers them a chance for redemption instead of outright killing them. He eventually finds Frank, defeats him in combat, and despite the pain he caused him, offers him the same forgiveness. Which of course Frank doesn't take, or does by putting a bullet in his own head.

New guy dressed up similar to the Punisher except wearing a white X erratically painted on his shirt. He's got no qualms about killing people who put people in danger, but prefers to instead offer them a second chance instead. He's got a knack for bringing out long buried intense guilt in his enemies, and ones that leave their evil ways, he brands with an X on their chest, similar to the X on his shirt.
>>
File: xdarkhorse.jpg (122 KB, 906x637) Image search: [Google]
xdarkhorse.jpg
122 KB, 906x637
>>84005099
Contrived as hell. There's a consistency in some of these forcing Frank to act "out of character," to make room for their OC. I get it's "How YOU would do it", but so many want have this profoundness to them, they end up corny as hell.
>>
Punisher is killed, but his vengeful spirit lingers on haunting his colt .45 pistols. Through supernatual circumstance they fall into the hands of others, they are then trapped in a revenge play, compelled to seek vengeance against those who commit evil.

They are the Gun Rider.
>>
>>84002879

I have an idea. Forget the Satan thing, or whatever.

A Chris Kyle-esque war veteran, suffering from PTSD, is in deep trouble with the local mob after he stops a near-rape at gunpoint. This causes the gangsters to escalate, and the veteran isn't backing down. Eventually, the veteran shoots one of the punks...And when he tries to leave town with his family, the gang escalates.

They ram his car, and drag his little girl and his son away, kicking and screaming. The man is severely beaten, but Frank shows up and guns everyone else down before the guy is shot. (Iconic moment: Frank's skull looming out of the distance.) The two of them team up to get his family back.

In the terrible bloodshed that follows as they clear out the neighborhood, it ends with the gang leader holding the veteran's children at gunpoint. Frank deliberately steps out of cover and is shot multiple times, but is still tough enough to kill the leader with his bare hands.

As the veteran frantically tries to stabilize the Punisher, Frank tells him:

> "Remember them. They're all the good in your world."

and dies. The place is torched with thermite, giving Frank a viking funeral. The veteran is glad to get his family back, but he realizes that he was the lucky one: What if things turned out differently?

And so he parts ways with his wife. With his son. With his daughter.

Then he walks out into the night, shotgun in hand, with Frank's ragged skull icon as his totem. (This is sort of a legacy update of the Punisher, as the protagonist deeply respects - and is horrified by - the man and wonders how he kept up the war for so long. It's also a passing of the torch from the Vietnam era to the modern era.)
>>
>>84002879
People would complain if it was a villain who killed him in battle. I'd make him befriend somebody for several issues/an entire run and then they kill him at the end because he was indirectly responsible for harming them in some way.
>>
>>84005645
>A Chris Kyle-esque war veteran
So a liar and a bigot?
>>
>>84005645

The problem is that modern soldiers are basically giant pussies compared to Frank, who is a special forces badass.
>>
File: AI53xl2.jpg (307 KB, 974x1471) Image search: [Google]
AI53xl2.jpg
307 KB, 974x1471
>>84003061
>>
>>84005689

Dude, if you're in the military you're going to be right-wing and probably Republican. There's no getting away from that. Do you think Frank votes democrat?

I was honestly thinking someone Hurt Locker-ish. He came home, but part of him still misses the war. Yes, he enjoyed killing insurgents, more than he could possibly admit. It scares him, and it's not going to get better.

This way, you have the story of a guy trying to live up to Frank, and the exploration of how the modern era is different from the old war as he gets sucked into the madness too.
>>
>>84002879
>since Frank sent so many souls to Hell
No, their actions sent them to hell. Frank may have sped up the process, but everyone dies eventually and those people were evil.
>>
>>84005717
>Do you think Frank votes democrat?
What is Frank's political stance anyway? I highly doubt he's right wing or republican, even with the gun-slinging motif.
>>
>>84005858

Well, I know he's pro-gun and pro-war.
>>
>>84005882
>Pro-gun
Ehh, I guess.
>pro-war
He considers 'Nam a mistake. The only war he's for is the one he wages.
>>
>>84005995

Actually, he loved Vietnam. *Loved* it. The Garth Ennis stories all emphasize that while he might not have agreed with the war (He never expresses an opinion) he loved war itself. He loved the killing.
>>
>>84003044
>Gay mafia
Does it exist?
>>
Black pansexual quip-thrower girl with a Tumblr haircut

Like Squirrel Girl, but with a gun!
>>
>>84006016
Hence: "The only war he's for is the one he wages." I do explicitly recall him in the older stuff calling the whole thing a cluster fuck, there's a great page with him at the Wall.
>>
>>84006153

I think that's Fury MAX, is it? The story ends with Fury at the Wall.
>>
We need greater representation of powerful women in comics. So rather than spending all the effort of creating a new super-heroine, we should just replace The Punisher with a cute girl who educates people about women's rights under the threat of death. She doesn't kill anybody because that's wrong and she constantly disavows violence. And all the female villains respect what she's doing and let her arrest them.
>>
>>84006179
No, this one is from an older comic. The page was a tribute a soldier that went M.I.A., there was nice line about how tough guys aren't supposed to cry.
>>
>>84003172
Wouldn't that actually be offensive to have probably the only muslim black transwoman in Marvel be ostensibly a terrorist?
>>
File: punisher_armory_08_p33.jpg (353 KB, 918x1404) Image search: [Google]
punisher_armory_08_p33.jpg
353 KB, 918x1404
>>84006273

It's from The Punisher Armory.

Nearly every issue had gutwrencher final page (the toy gun belonging to Frank's son, Frank describing the safehouse where he used to keep his old guard dog, etc.)
>>
I'd make The Punisher a black female vet who loses her family in a drive by shooting. The problem here is that the imagery of a black woman shooting gangsters especially if their young black men is inherently controversial. Frank Castle can get away with it, because he's mostly shooting Italians(Did they ever take offense to this? I recall Mack Bolan being controversial because of this). I guess my option of a black female action hero could work if I explore the complexity of crime and how her actions are no help, or just go the blaxploitation route and kill whitey.
>>
File: 14.jpg (347 KB, 696x1070) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
347 KB, 696x1070
>>84003732
>>84005712

Maybe Contest of Champions will end with him being brought to Earth-616.
>>
>>84004702
And then kill one of them off to bring up sales, but it only works briefly and the book tanks a few issues later.
>>
>>84006456

And in a last ditch effort they reveal that they didn't die, just got disfigured and became the new Jigsaw, or something.
>>
>>84005800
>>
>Frank dies, the whole event is broadcasted worldwide.
>New Punisher series is anthologies of other people taking up the mantle around the world, chronicling their various successes and/or failures.
>Explore how people of different backgrounds would be pushed to becoming a "Punisher" and how they'd go about it.
>>
>>84006549
So he literally has the power to send people to hell who wouldn't have gone there otherwise?
Marvel Hell is filled with people who don't deserve it because of Frank?
Then why are we rooting for him?
>>
>>84005882
he's not really either of those.
He enjoys the killing, but he still thinks War is awful. It's just an environment he thrives in.
He's probably also a big fan of gun control. He'd be quite happy to be the only one with a gun, and doesn't seem to have any emphasis on self defense on principle. Hell, the whole "then only bad guys will have guns" thing works for him, since it changes his vetting process to now "if they have guns, shoot them, don't even wait to confirm anything else."
>>
>>84006695
Because he's a no nonsense killing machine, while most of Marvel's heroes make arbitrary boundaries they won't cross.
>>
I'd just dust off Cole-Alves.

She's shooting muggers in LA, right?
>>
>>84006514
Or they promise a resurrection, but the book.dies anyhow. Frank is back shortly and if the twins ever return its to be killed in an evenr book written by Hopeless.
>>
>>84006723
You are saying.
Frank.
Sends.
Good.
People.
To.
Hell.
>>
File: The Punisher (2014-) 011-015.jpg (630 KB, 696x1700) Image search: [Google]
The Punisher (2014-) 011-015.jpg
630 KB, 696x1700
>>84006732

Last time we saw her.
>>
>>84006549
>>84006695
Are you both retarded?
>>
>>84005645
You just watched the movie and never read the book, I take it.
>>
>>84006847

I just posted the pic for fun, I didn't think it would lead to whatever >>84006695 is, which I assumed was sarcastic until >>84006820
>>
>>84006888
ah
>>
Realize theres only so much you can do with the Punisher without retreading old ground and just cancel it.
>>
>>84006888
Are you claiming that Frank is personally responsible for his enemies going to Hell, meaning if Frank hadn't done anything then the judgment of God Almighty would've put those people in Heaven instead when they eventually died, or are you not?
>>
File: Punisher_WZ_cover.jpg (543 KB, 1430x1102) Image search: [Google]
Punisher_WZ_cover.jpg
543 KB, 1430x1102
Why do people get retarded about morality whenever the Punisher comes up?
>>
File: RCO006.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
RCO006.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>84004607
What about the kid he had with O Brien during this arc?
>>
>>84006918

No, sorry if I mislead you.
>>
If you wanted to do the death of Frank you have to make it mean something, it can't just be he's dead we need a replacement. As long as we're fan-fictioning here

>Avengers get sick of Castle's shit
>Bring him in
>On their way to Avengers HQ
>Frank and Cap moments
>supervillian attack on civilians
>real heavy hitters, avengers are overwhelmed
>"Hold the line goddammit!"
>Frank wades behind enemy lines alone
>Avengers find his body hours later, surrounded by dead villains
>zero civilian casualties
>Scales weighed, Frank Castle has found redemption

The following arc would deal with the Avengers coming to terms with Castle's death. Cap seeing to it that he's buried at Arlington, Iron Man making a Punisher armor, Spider-Man in a black suit. The last page would show civilians in Punisher shirts, marching on Washington or some shit.

The soul splitting thing from OP could be a follow up. Call it "The Punishers" and have the first arc be them unknowingly fighting each other.
>>
File: 1462850993119.png (4 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1462850993119.png
4 MB, 1600x1200
Is there an updated version of this. I feel like I've read nearly everything worth reading post year 2000 but I keep seeing panels I haven't seen yet that I want to read and it irritates me.
>>
>>84007010
In other I would add the elseworld story "A man called Frank" which is basically a what if? Where the Punisher is in the old west.
>>
>>84003044
Don't say that, before someone actually writes that as a plotline.
>>
File: Earth-616 Frank Foes.jpg (3 MB, 2165x2165) Image search: [Google]
Earth-616 Frank Foes.jpg
3 MB, 2165x2165
>>84007010

No, I'd update it myself, but I have no skills.

>>84006945

On the bright side, I suppose it's good that the character invokes discussion.
>>
>>84007010
I would add the 1990 premium format one-shot "The Prize." It's one of my favorite Punisher shorts and a fairly quick read. It also explores some of Frank's mindset in a way that you don't see very often. Highly recommended.
>>
>>84007084
>On the bright side, I suppose it's good that the character invokes discussion.
Fair, but their frothing rage tends to absolutely ignore conventions of the type of character Frank is, and the genre most of his stories fall into. Their arguments show no understanding of storytelling, and makes me wonder if they've ever watched an action/crime/thriller movie or consumed that type of fiction ever.
>>
>>84007107
For anyone wanting more info on this one Frank is on the trail of a secret weapon, and so are the KGB, Israelis, CIA, drug lords, and so on. Has a real John Ostrander Suicide Squad feel to it. Frank's partner on the mission is a beautiful reporter who he starts to develop feelings for. He eventually decides not to pursue the relationship because too many people would go un-punished if he retired.

Oh, and the secret weapon turns out to be an Iron Man armor. Good read.
>>
>>84007207
There was some great storytelling, especially the shift in POV; from Frank to the reporter. Another story I would recommend is Punisher:P.O.V.
>>
>>84007207

>Has a real John Ostrander Suicide Squad feel to it.

Remember when Ostrander wrote the Punisher?
>>
>>84007329
>mynigga.jpg

>>84007247
Yeah the storytelling was on point. The art and layouts were pretty good, too. That scene at the beginning where Frank is walking and starts ptsd-ing then his family's murder gets shown on the cracked windows behind him is god tier.
>>
Hard mode: Come up with a villain for the Punisher, and make her sympathetic.
>>
>>84007438
Why does it have to be a her? Why not Micro from that first MAX arc?
>>
>>84007431
plot wise, I enjoyed Frank actually doing some investigating and briefly going undercover. People now just seemed satisfied with him showing up with his guns and shooting shit to pieces.
>>
>>84007509
I meant create one since the whole theme here is coming up with an OC. I chose a female to increase the difficulty.
>>
>>84007543
>I chose a female to increase the difficulty.

fuck off Frank kills women all the fucking time
>>
File: Punisher (2009-2010) 005-008.jpg (1 MB, 696x2950) Image search: [Google]
Punisher (2009-2010) 005-008.jpg
1 MB, 696x2950
>>84007438

There was that one-off female serial killer who was murdering random Taxi drivers because she irrationally blamed them for her rape. Even Frank felt kind of bad about killing her.

>>84007509

There was Remender's run, but he ended being so crazy and smarmy in that that it was kind of hard to sympathize with him.
>>
>>84007675
>fuck off Frank kills women all the fucking time
No he doesn't.
>>
>>84007438
Suspiria from the Red X-Mas and Bloody Valentine one shots.
>>
>>84002879
Make it so Frank fought in Vietnam again.

He got old and he died as a result.

His replacement would be a fellow Marine who returned from the service, a Mexican American for diversity points and cartel fighting.

Family dies, Marine loses his shit and he goes after the people responsible.

He kills them feels nothing and goes after another syndicate and another for sixty so issues.

The name and the symbol come naturally as people see him taking Franks place even unintentionally.
>>
>The can only be a Vietnam veteran they said
>mfw
Did these guys admit they got btfo? Turns out Greg Rucka was right.
>>
>>84007870
I'd read the hell out of this.
>>
>>84005645

This one sounds great.
>>
>>84006139
>Does gay mafia exist?
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>84007870
Was thinking exactly that down to nationality. He's just a copycat that the public dubs the Punisher. Have him live west coast, cleans up his own town after his family gets killed, he starts enjoying what he does the same way frank does. Frank gets franked and he Franks the ones who did it. That can be their first and last meeting. Punisher doesn't want a legacy or anything like that. He just Franks because he's Frank. This dude isn't interested in assuming a mantle or anything either- this war just makes sense to him too. His whole descent and him accepting this role can be just like how Frank accepted it in Nam. Demon deal and everything. Frank got old and missed a step, now the demon recruited a replacement.

Name: Francisco Castillo
>>
A future cyborg uses a telepathic/ psionic version of the Penance Stare, confusion rays and other gadgets in order to have her targets kill one another and themselves, never getting her hands dirty herself. S/he believes that killing is beneath her, and that torment is more appropriate; when it frequently leads to death, that is deemed to be an appropriate punishment given that the targets are too weak to survive their guilt.
>>
>>84002879
I'd have him be a former illegal immigrant from Mexico.

Have the origin be mostly the same; a man who's family is murdered and decides to become the Punisher.

I like the idea that the next Punisher would be a lot like Frank. No reason to reinvent the wheel. Just make him a force of nature. I would stay away from any mystical or demonic aspects -- I wouldn't want Frank literally haunting him or possessing him or some shit like that.
>>
File: PunisherTheCell45.jpg (460 KB, 1280x1986) Image search: [Google]
PunisherTheCell45.jpg
460 KB, 1280x1986
>>84008338
> Demon deal
You just had to ruin it, didn't you? Can someone explain to me the love of this idea? I don't hate it, but it seems to be a unnecessary tool people enjoy employing to justify how Frank can survive so many gunfights. Ennis is God and all that, but that was one of the weaker implications from his time on The Punisher.
>>
>>84008338
>His whole descent and him accepting this role can be just like how Frank accepted it in Nam. Demon deal and everything. Frank got old and missed a step, now the demon recruited a replacement.
Or just have him be a broken man.

The deal with the demon was more supposed to be about Franks inner demons than anything else and as a concept a guy being empty inside is more interesting like in the post you replied to
>>
>>84002879

Giving the current state of Marvel now, he would be a transsexual Buddhist fighting for the poor oppressed minorities who are forced to sell drugs.

OFC feminazis and tumblerinas would love, but since they don't buy comics, the series would be cancelled after 3 or 4 issues.
>>
If I were to write the Punisher, I'd make him realize his white privilege and have him acknowledge the socio-economic factors that lead young men to crime. My Punisher would focus on rehabilitation over guns and wanton violence. The Punisher would also deal with how crime affects women a lot more than men, and violence against women; femicide and spousal abuse which is prevalent.
>>
>>84005858

Depends on the writers.

Seen his being pro-gun and pro-Nam. Seen him calling Nam a huge mistake, Seen him calling liberals as cowards or something

Depends on the writers. Lucky in all the comics i have only seen this like 3 or 4 times as I remember.
>>
>>84002879
This seems like a mix of Spawn and The Death of Superman. Altogether, probably a bad idea.
>>
File: ben_Sic.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2880) Image search: [Google]
ben_Sic.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2880
>Hispanic Marine Raider returns home after time in Iraq/Afghanistan.
>He's from Tucson or Phoenix
>Marines' brother gets released from jail to act as a plant against one of the Cartels
>Cartel comes after everyone as revenge
>Family murdered in brutal ways
>Left for dead
>Swears Vengeance

Kinda like pic related, honestly.
>>
A molested guy with rage issues who isn't very good at killing but has a rip off of Guts's armor in Berserk with the skull on it. The special kevlar makes him less vulnerable, sure, but also kills pain and augments his rage. You could say his dad was a mob member and, as a kid, the new punisher saw him fighting Frank. The kid shoots his dad before he can get the drop on Frank, and the seed gets planted that he would want to replace him.
His war on crime is less tactical, more crazy, and there's more collateral damage so he has less of a "pass" than Frank had

His suit works on nanomachines, fuck it
>>
>>84002879
Since we're talking about Hell, could Frank kill Hell like Doom Guy?
>>
>>84009192
Of course he can, he's the motherfuckin' Punisher.
>>
>>84008457
>>84008557
I included the deal for the sake of continuity I guess? I always saw the deal as something of a way for Frank to rationalize his actions and the things that happened. It could potentially be argued that he got his family killed on purpose too. Maybe subconsciously- he went out in public at the height of a very publicized mob war. Maybe after he got back he was doing progressively more dangerous things or putting himself and his family in progressively more dangerous situations. I enjoy the demon entity as a narrative device more than as an actual character or entity. I figured higher ups would probably want to keep it canon somehow- I doubt Ennis even wanted to use or reference it in his run.
>>
>>84009018
My immersion to the character kind of broke when he didnt shoot the maids on sight. Edgy, yes but thats pretty much the picture thats been painted thus far and him behaving less than ruthlessly seemed out of character.
>>
File: Pun What If_zps5kg8uip6.jpg (907 KB, 720x2250) Image search: [Google]
Pun What If_zps5kg8uip6.jpg
907 KB, 720x2250
>>84008870
>>
>>84007870

There was a character kind of like this in Ostrander's run, a Hispanic DEA agent who became a Punisher-esque vigilante after a corrupt politician tipped a cartel off to how to get to him and his family (at least, I think that's how it went).

Frank was forced to kill him for some contrived reason.
>>
>>84010794

Millar is sometimes alright.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.