[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marvel, house of bullshit lies. >http://www.bleedingcoo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 6
File: Capture.png (71 KB, 693x661) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
71 KB, 693x661
Marvel, house of bullshit lies.

>http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/30/marvel-would-have-done-avengers-vs-watchmen-even-sooner-than-dc-comics/
>>
>>83986538
Is Rich biggest Marvelshill?
>>
>>83986583
I think some of the people on here would give him a run for his money.
>>
>>83986583
I mean here it seems like he is saying cute DC some slack and props for not using the characters til now.
>>
>>83986627
This is the same guy who said Nazi Cap would be better than anything from Rebirth
>>
File: Oh my seids.jpg (31 KB, 328x398) Image search: [Google]
Oh my seids.jpg
31 KB, 328x398
>>83986678
Wait, really?!? Link please.
>>
>claiming you would have done it first and better after something happens
are they run by literal kids?
>>
>>83986678
>>83986720
He said it would garner more attention.
>>
>>83986806
>Oh yeah? W-Well, w-we would have done it better than you! And cooler!

Meanwhile MIB remains untouched.
>>
>>83986538
>It's good that DC let Watchmen stand alone until recently, Marvel would have fucked that up much sooner
Sure, he's talking shit on DC, but he's hardly shilling for Marvel.
>>
>>83986720
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/24/everything-you-knew-about-captain-america-was-wrong-semi-spoilers/
>If you want to avoid this spoiler then consider yourself warned. DC Universe: Rebirth? That was the trial run. Marvel wins
>>
>>83986538
I'm still surprised they haven't done any Miracleman/Marvel or Star Wars/Marvel crossovers yet
>>
>>83986926
Give them a few more months to run out of ideas after combining Ultimate and 616
>>
>>83986926
But they tooooootally would have done Watchmen anon.
>>
>>83986831
And he was right. DC wishes they could've gotten onto news and had non comic readers talking about them
>>
>>83986964
Marvel probably wishes they had DC's sales as of late.
>>
>>83986964

Too bad that didn't translate to sales. Story of Marvel's life.
>>
>>83986964
Unfortunately it didn't entirely translate into sales compared to Rebirth. People talked about it for a day, inserted whatever agenda they had in their conversations and moved onto the next topic. It was just a minor talking point blip in the radar of pop culture.
>>
>>83987002
You can't really determine that yet. Reprint numbers won't show up in the May sales charts and it did get at least a second printing (not sure after that). Rebirth will still do better overall of course and Rich is still wrong, but that doesn't mean the shitstorm didn't translate to sales.
>>
>>83987048
>"Up next! Did Kanye /really/ just say that?!?"

Everyone in the world has ADD.
>>
>>83987061
It didn't. Most of the people who were bitching about NaziCap weren't even comic book fans to begin with, hence why they called him "NaziCap" since Hydra wasn't even an analogue for the Nazis when they were first created.
>>
>>83986926
>Luke Skywalker arrives and says Kitty Pryde is Chosenest One
>>
Yeah no shit, look at the comics right now.

Marvel's shameless and it's great. DC pretended to care about Moore and screwed him OR Moore placed too much faith in DC whatever.
>>
>>83987135
I'm still waiting for when Bendis makes Kitty Pryde reach TOAA status.
>>
>>83987109
Why do you think it didn't without any actual evidence though? At least wait to see how large the drop is from 1-3 before you come to that conclusion.
>>
>>83987162
I don't think you understand how the big two works. They don't pay you to make money off your creation. They pay you to make something for them. Moore knew this going in that the Watchmen wouldn't be his property, he was making it for his employers.
>>
>>83987135
faggot assblasted by Bendis detected
>>
Isn't this a 3 week old CBR interview
/co/ talked about it all day, I guess Rich didn't browse that day

In fact, cbr made an article about that interview later that day, I'm stunned he missed it

Rich, if you're reading this, become a NEET like me so you can check /co/ every two hour and a half
>>
>>83986538
>Marvel, house of bullshit lies.
>lies
Are you saying Marvel wouldn't cash in on movies?
>>
>>83986538

It's a pretty shitty idea, and he acknowledges that it's a shitty idea, but that he would have lacked the willpower not to do it. I actually find this candor on his part pretty refreshing. An admission of weakness which fortunately in this case is harmless.
>>
>>83986926
Miracleman/Marvel/Star Wars/Disney
>>
>>83987302
Never cashed in on the MIB movies whenever those came out. In fact, they refuse to touch anything Malibu related. They also refuse to do a Star Wars/Marvel crossover, as well as one for Miracleman.
>>
>>83986538
He's telling the truth though, when the Watchmen film came out and became crazy popular amongst Normies, Marvel would have made a Marvel Universe vs Watchmen event or mini. Wasn't that also around the time that Marvel was producing the "Someone Kills The Marvel Universe" comics? And they could have easily added in Watchmen in place of Doom in Secret Wars.

This is a hypothetical topic, but the dude is totally right, if the Watchmen comics were produced by Marvel, they would have had a crossover a long time ago.
>>
>>83986832
I completely forgot they have the rights, we will probably see it go into public domain
>>
>>83986538
"We'd have made a garbage crossover event much sooner"

Seems about right.
>>
>>83987366
So they are bragging they could have made a shit event to cash in.

I'm glad to be a DCfag because DC isn't looking for gimmicks to boost temporary sales every 3 weeks.
>>
>>83987002
I can appeciate Marvel trying to get people who don't read comics to read comics but ...unfortunately they don't read comics

Cap Hydra only fooled people who don't know Comics pull this "everything you know is wrong" stunt at least 10 times a year
>>
>>83987430
Maybe Valiant, DC's Valiant, or Dark Horse will use it when that happens. If any publishers know how to treat it, I'd say it's those three.

>MIB vs Aliens vs Predators

>MIB vs Judge Dredd

>MIB vs Batman

>MIB vs Army of Darkness.

I'm cumming already.
>>
>>83987430
Doubt it; the creator's still alive and Sony still plans on using it.
>>
>>83987538
>DC's Vertigo****
>>
>>83987218

No, Moore (& i'm assuming Gibbons) had(has?) a deal to get the Watchmen rights back after it went out of print as was common because the reprint market wasn't big then. Only DC kept it in print forever.

i somehow wanna tie in marvel's epic line in the 80s
>>
>>83987476
>We'd have made a garbage crossover event much sooner
You forgot the best part

> I personally I think it would be wrong and believe the comic should be left alone
> but yeah we would do it
>>
>>83987548
Didn't Will Smith say he refused to do a fourth movie? Also, didn't Sony plan on crossing it over with 21 Jump Street at one point?
>>
>>83987594
mib 23 is indeed happening.
>>
>>83986538
What would Young Watchmen be like?
>>
>>83987511
I don't really think it's bragging really, it sounded more like he's giving DC credit from holding off from using the Watchmen as a gimmick to boost sales.
>>
>>83986926
Did Strikeforce Moritauri ever cross over with 616?
>>
>>83986915
I hate this fucking dude.
>>
>>83987795
Fuck, Sony has less ideas than Marvel.
>>
>>83987831
Yes, in Spurrier's X-Force, but there are legal problems with it, because Marvel forgot to give Gills a contract.
>>
>>83987831
Spurrier's X-Force had references, I think. That's how Marrow got her powers back.
>>
>>83986538
Considering that they are already doing Civil War: Part Deux...i believe that...also thats nothing to be proud of...
>>
>>83987808
All the YA kids+Roschard
>>
>>83987930
>...
Greetings, Reddit.
>>
The Ruinous Powers - Perlmutter, Quesadilla, Bendis, and Brevoort - need to be fucking destroyed already.
>>
>>83987963
Kid Rorschach is a gay latino atheist
>>
>>83988039
Can we get Slott while we're at it?
>>
>>83988039
You forgot Alonso.
>>
>Marvel inserting political correctness into fucking Watchmen.

What kind of monstrosity would that even look like?
>>
I'm not surprised and yet here I am.
>>
>>83988100
It would stay pretty much the same.
>>
>>83986678
>>83986720
>comparing Nazi Cap to The Anatomy Lesson
>>
>>83986926
>I'm still surprised they haven't done any Miracleman/Marvel
these are the same people who can't even finish publishing the run
>>
File: paul-rudd-conan.jpg (146 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
paul-rudd-conan.jpg
146 KB, 1200x675
>>83988164
>It would stay pretty much the same.
So you mean to tell me the characters would stay the same? The Watchmen characters. At Marvel.
>>
>>83987560
They wouldn't print it if it didn't keep selling.

Are you the type that thinks Fox should just hand their fantastic four rights back over, too? They're in the business of printing stories and making money. Why would they do the opposite of that and stop printing a consistent top-seller?
>>
>>83988252
Lol pretty sure if they were at Marvel we would have had Watchmex in the 90's
>>
>>83988324
Anything with the letter x would sell like hot cakes in the 90s.
>>
>>83987511
>bragging
No? Someone asked him what his opinion on DC adding Watchmen to the main universe was and his responce was "The comics fan in me doesn't like it, but the editor in me realises that if I were in their shoes, I'd have done it years ago so I don't blame them."
>>
>>83987538
>MIB and B.P.R.D.
I would suck Mignola's dick for this.
>>
>>83988252
>>83988164
It wouldn't be exactly the same. The premise would be there: A superhero is killed, then the mystery is investigated. Remember that before he took the project to DC he considered using the Archie/Red Circle superheroes.

The superheroes he chooses would be different though because most likely he'd be using obscure Marvel characters or analogues. Like say the Golden Age Destroyer or whoever.
>>
>>83987366
I swear he brought this up on his formspring recently. Said that while he disagreed with DC's decision to do it (he's always been the guy at Marvel who's a heavy traditionalist, arguing against stuff like Spidey and Wolverine joining the Avengers), he knows that if Marvel owned Watchmen, they would have crossed over by now in some way.
>>
>>83987538
>>83988427
I'd only be happy if it was the comic version though. I don't want them to cop out and stick with the light hearted movie version. Maybe transfer a few elements from it, as well as the cartoon, but it should stay the comic version at it's core.
>>
>>83988371
It's not so much that he would do it, it's just that his bosses would demand he do it. Sort of like how they demanded Fantastic Four not continue and the characters be killed off.
>>
>>83988427
>MIB vs Spawn

>X-files conspiracy: MIB

Why the hell is Marvel so against crossovers. You know that if it was with literally any other company half these stories would have already happened.
>>
>>83988576
>all the F4 characters killed off
Not even remotely correct.
>>
>>83988590
Marvel had that one shot crossover with Invincible that one time.
>>
>>83989085
>Not even remotely correct.

Hickman didn't kill them off. But he outright said in an interview they asked him to kill them off and he argued against it so his compromise was having Reed, Sue, and the others taken off the table to chart the new multiverse.
>>
>>83986538
I actually believe him. We'd already be drowning in Watchmen variant covers if Marvel owned the rights.
>>
>>83988590

They don't want to share the revenue.
>>
>>83988062
Slott is just an idiot who shouldn't be writing Spider-Man. His She-Hulk and Mighty Avengers runs were decent.
>>
DCfags will never stop being butthurt for their spectacular cinematic flop, will they?.
>>
>>83986964
yeah too bad Rebirth did not transcend as meme
>>
>>83986678
>having such poor reading comprehension
And Rich is meant to be the dyslexic one
>>
>>83991811
Who cares about cinema?
Movies are for kids who don't know how to read.
>>
File: Black_September_Vol_1_1.jpg (23 KB, 400x601) Image search: [Google]
Black_September_Vol_1_1.jpg
23 KB, 400x601
And they would've ruined it the same way they ruined Malibu Comics Ultraverse when they crossed those over.
>>
>>83988371
>>83987816
So DC is the bigger person in this situation. Because Marvel doesn't tell stories, they tell events that really don't fucking mean much.
>>
> Marvel admits they are more experimental, throw more spaghetti on the wall, and hold less sacred cows than DC

Have people not paid attention to how these companies contrast? This statement means nothing. It just shows Marvel's publishing style vs DC.
>>
>>83992303
Marvel wants to sell books. Blame comic readers for only buying events
>>
Consider that DC basically already did this with New Gods, which was meant to be its own thing.
>>
>>83986538
I still don't think Vs Watchmen is a good idea. Why would anyone think Watchmen are prime crossover characters?
>>
>>83986627
It would be more flattering if Brevoort had said this before DC did it themselves
>>
>>83992923
Because Watchmen has been poison to all comics for decades, so it needs to be torn down.
>>
>>83986831
He said no such thing.
>DC Universe Rebirth? That was the trial run. Marvel wins.
Where is the part where he mentioned
>*and by win I of course mean garner more attention
Stop trying to fucking backtrack Rich, at least be man enough to own your mistake.
>>
>>83986583
He's saying negative things about his own company so no.

I guess he is still saying bad things about dc but worse about marvel
>>
Marvel are a bunch of delusional cucks, holy shit.

No worries, I'm sure they'll have another re-branding in 6 months with a dozen more minority heroes to attract headlines, along with a few more titles featuring tumblr tier art, meanwhile those titles sell like shit despite the normie press struggling to paint a different picture implying they are a success.
>>
So what they're saying is that they give less of a fuck about respecting author rights than DC?
>>
File: 1457418392933.jpg (85 KB, 650x664) Image search: [Google]
1457418392933.jpg
85 KB, 650x664
>>83986964
Disney owns the news, anon.
>>
>>83988292
Yeah, that argument is just laughable Moore apologia- of which there is no shortage.
>>
>>83986538
Well yeah, is there any doubt.
Look how fast the turned around and made Nextwave cannon.
>>
>>83997888
Not to mention how the Ultimate universe was totally its own thing and would remain so forever and would not affect the mainline 616 comics and AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>83997246
I'd like to know how 'media' is measured.
I mean, isn't pretty much anything that communicates information a type of media?
>>
>>83986538
They own the rights to fucking Star Wars
They literally have infinite crossover potential, they do absolute dick with it
>>
>>83998120
just everything that comes on television or movies
you should start worrying when those companies start buying up phone companies and internet services
>>
>>83998162
just wait for if their sales ever go down
>>
>>83992923

I don't even think what DC is doing is VS. That's a shit idea, so naturally Marvel would do it if they could.

Maybe they should do VS Squadron Supreme and it might sell over 20,000
>>
>>83998237

Sales are going down. When they cancel Vader (Retarded move) they will keep crashing . Star Wars doesn't do over 100,000 anymore
>>
>>83986538
I'm sure they would have if they had something that was close to the equivalent of something like Watchman
>>
lmao mad DCucks tbqh
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.