[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>preacher series announced >full of hope >go watch the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 776874.jpg (72 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
776874.jpg
72 KB, 460x276
>preacher series announced
>full of hope
>go watch the first 4 episodes
>they make jesse's father a child whipping asshole

why seth? why?
>>
>>83980093
Because comic books are for NERDS and it doesn't matter if the adaptation is faithful or not.
>>
File: Preacher09_020.jpg (929 KB, 1179x1113) Image search: [Google]
Preacher09_020.jpg
929 KB, 1179x1113
>>83980093
I stopped watching the fourth episode right there.
>>
>>83980093
Still not as bad as what they did with tulip
>>
>>83980415
>muh blonde aryan
pls
>>
Because with Seth Rogen you lose
He just plain sucks
>>
>>83980747
that faggot is involved in it? I haven't seen it.
>>
>>83980832
And he is going to ruin The Boys
>>
>>83980888
how? did he fucking buy the entire ennis portfolio?
>>
>>83980476
Not the guy but being white trash is part of her background. Just like Sterling on Silent of the lambs
>>
>>83980093
There is a lot of key points on the story they fucked. The show is beyond un-fucked right now.
>>
>>83981435
This, is funny how people overlook this. The whole White Trash was a very 90´s post-grunge thing

Here is when you spot people who didnt read preacher at the release.
>>
>>83981507
>a very 90´s post-grunge thing

Then it should be done away with and forgotten.
>>
>>83980093
I had high hopes and in less than 2 episodes they murder it
I got the impression in episode 1 they were taking liberties but keeping the core story and cast the same.
looks like that went out the door.
>>
At least Cassidy is a fun watch.
>>
>>83986154
Dis is my "very on it" outfit.
>>
>>83980888
You can't ruin shit.
>>
>>83981507
The 1490's maybe.
WT has been with us as long as we've been us and is still around. Poor, dirty and uneducated isn't a fad.
>>
>>83980093
>>83980259

So, a Father disciplining his boy is a bad thing?

He did nothing wrong and this changes nothing
>>
>>83980093
I was more pissed at what they did with Odin Quincannon. Of all the sick and horrible shit he gets to in the comic, the thing the show makes Jesse take umbrage with is that he doesn't seem to believe in or give a shit about the afterlife. Jesse then uses his power to brainwash him into being a Christian.

I can only hope this causes Odin to go full hellfire and brimstone on the town, rigging it up with fire charges like in the comic to cleanse it of sin. Because at this point Jesse is the show's biggest villain.
>>
>>83990364
His scenes are entertaining as fuck though. Can't wait to see based Rorschach redeem the show when he becomes a regular.
>>
>>83980093
His father is old school, beating some sense into your son used to be a normal thing. Look how we dont do it anymore, and now we have the faggot generation, filled with betas and numales.
>>
>>83989804
Indeed, but the 90´s bring it back to a more visible cultural spot: Grunge, Beavies & Butthead, Silence of The Lambs, The Simpsons, Rossane, Jerry Springer, etc. In comics Preacher was one of the first in explore that background on a mainstream comic book editorial and not just indie shit.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.