[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jem thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_o8cxo1VyGp1qbcw94o1_500.jpg (251 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8cxo1VyGp1qbcw94o1_500.jpg
251 KB, 500x700
So, should I give the idw comic a shot? I've heard mixed reviews, but the character designs look nice enough. Also Jem thread.
>>
>>83979617
bump
>>
>>83979617
If you throw tantrums whenever there's so much as a suggestion of tumblrism, you'll hate it. Otherwise, might as well give it a shot.
>>
>>83979617
I secretly liked this show in the 80's.
>>
File: tumblr_o95ye5wneQ1qh093oo1_1280.jpg (270 KB, 1200x1821) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o95ye5wneQ1qh093oo1_1280.jpg
270 KB, 1200x1821
stingers SOON
>>
>>83980181
THE STINGERS-PART ONE! You thought the HOLOGRAMS had it rough back when they had to team up with the MISFITS?! Well, just wait until they meet the European super group taking the U.S. by storm… THE STINGERS! Meet Riot, Rapture, Minx, and… RAYA?!?! Whaaaat?
>>
Campbell is leaving art duties after the next issue. She was the reason I picked the physical copies of this up in the first place.
>>
>>83980242
She left for a while back around issue 7 as well. She might just be doing every other arc.

>>83979617
If you're interested in Jem, give it a shot. It's got some "progressive" themes tossed in, but honestly none of it is all that blatant or offensive. Art is decent enough. There are some complaints of "not muh Jem!!!" from people, because this is /co/ and what else would you expect. It's certainly not a bad read at all.
>>
It's worth a shot if you're either A.not looking for something not totally loyal to the source material or B.into the idea of a reboot that isn't the worst thing

It's not awful and if you just want something Jem related that isn't as bad as the movie, give it a go, but honestly if you're looking for something to quench your thirst for the original Jem it doesn't do the job
>>
>>83980360
Yeah she said which issue she was going to start back with that time. This time it's just a might come back in the future. I'll still give it a Chance as I've enjoyed the writing so far.
>>
>>83980518
Not looking for something totally loyal**
>>
>>83979617
art is the only non-shit thing about it

writer is literally an amateur blogger with no previous comics experience
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.