[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It had its chance. I really had my hopes up, but after the embargo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 27
It had its chance.
I really had my hopes up, but after the embargo dropped I knew it was over.
It looks like Marvel wins. I hope Ben Affleck can at least scrape something together with the garbage given to him for the next Batman movie.
>>
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 360x360
Stay mad.
>>
>>83978818
DC's whole problem is literally just Snyder with his infatuation to drown an IP with a Frank Miller chaser. Come time when Ben Affleck directs & stars King Capeshit, it'll make more than any ensemble movie to come.
>>
>>83978818
Marvel had its chance!
>>
>all this bait
guess I know what thread I'll see getting bumped all day
>>
File: Affleck.jpg (206 KB, 2048x1358) Image search: [Google]
Affleck.jpg
206 KB, 2048x1358
>>83978859
The Ben Affleck directs and stars in great movies where people sit around and worry a lot.

Unless there's this great action film he's directed that I am totally forgetting. And yes, I've seen Argo Fuck Yourself, it's not an action film tho.
>>
>>83978904
Can't be that hard. Russos directed RomComs & look where they are now!
>>
DON'T WANNA CLOSE MY EYES

DON'T WANNA FALL ASLEEP
>>
>>83978904
Ben's not fucking around, though, I think this is his dream role or something. Honestly, a lack of lazyness is all it takes to make a top tier capeshit, shit's easy. I'm fairly confident in his Batman movie unless the exec producers shake things up at the last minute.
>>
File: Affleck Dogma.jpg (32 KB, 415x260) Image search: [Google]
Affleck Dogma.jpg
32 KB, 415x260
>>83978941
M Knight Shamalingdong has shown that you can hit one or two out of the park and never make another decent film in your life. Snyder is working very, very hard to confirm that theory.

Argo may have been Ben's one-hit.
>>
File: JokerJumping.jpg (45 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
JokerJumping.jpg
45 KB, 240x320
>>83978973
It's no-one's dream role, to stand around grimacing while other popular actors cavort around, chew scenery and have FUN.

It's a very nice paycheck, and that's about it.
>>
>>83978904
>mfw we end up with something more similar to Batman Ego than an action movie
>>
>>83978818
F
>>
File: 1418830614721.gif (973 KB, 250x380) Image search: [Google]
1418830614721.gif
973 KB, 250x380
>>83978981
>The Town
>Gone Baby Gone
>both are certified fresh according on RT as well as Argo
>"one hit"
>>
>>83978981
>Snyder is working very, very hard to confirm that theory.
What was his hit?
>>
>>83979073
300, easily.
>>
>>83978981
Shit argument
>one guy made one or two good movies and then he didn't, that's completely the same
>>
>>83978818
But... I thought you faggots WANTED crowd-pleasing quip-trash...
>>
>>83978981
>Argo
>The Town
>Gone Baby Gone
I love how you twist the narrative to make both directors comparable, when they are nothing alike. It reeks of desesperation
>>
>>83979113
I feel if Ben Affleck directs a Batman movie set in Boston we might get something special.
>>
>>83979049
LOOK IT MY EEEEEEYES
>>
>>83979127
I think it might JUST be possible that you've actually seen ONE of those movies.
Maybe.
>>
>>83978904
>>83978981
>>83978998
I knew you would twist all this good news into bad

fuccan swine, go swive your dam
>>
>>83979129
Hey, but Ben Affleck is a one hit wonder. Well, two hit wonder. Well, three hit wonder.
>>
>>83979154
>I knew you would twist all this good news

Ben Affleck plans to make a Batman movie is news?
>>
>>83979143
Actually, yeah. Nice projection tho.

>>83979154
I believe he's on a payroll. It's not the first time he uses this autistic rant.
>>
>>83978904
>Argo

I don't know why people bring that up whenever his directing is mentioned. He wasn't even nominated for best director, his Oscar was shared with two other producers (which is how Best Picture normally works out, because the maximum number that can share an Oscar is 3, and Best Picture is technically awarded to the entire production, just collected on their behalf by the producer/s.) Are people suggesting George Clooney shared that award for his directing?

It's not like it was in an obscure category or didn't have the media push to get academy members to notice and watch his shitty movie, it's just that they didn't think it was worth nominating. Now in any year the strength of a movie's directing (or any other category) is less important than the other contenders, but all that means is he was, at best, 6th best director that year. Guess what, he wasn't.

Yes, he's won other awards for his directing, but he's never won the highest possible award - voted on by 5000 professional filmmakers - or even been nominated in the category of director. He won one other for his writing, shared with MATT DAMON, 25 years earlier, and never really lived up to that early promise. He's only written three other scripts that got made, which is unusual for so high profile a writer with an Oscar behind him. He made Gigli. Daredevil (these in particular being movies where he was said to have "directed" and rewritten extensively behind the scenes). Bounce. Pearl Harbor. All those Kevin Smith movies that have aged like fine milk. Fuckin' nothing from 2006-2008, like he'd quit, but didn't have the brains to figure out anything else to do and had to come back to it.

I'm telling you right now, his new girl? She'll be the love interest in Batman Rebooted. It'll be just as fucking awful as everything else he's ever meddled with because he thinks he knows better, and then she'll leave him before the sequel is due and they'll recast, possibly even for his next girl.
>>
File: Daredevil2.jpg (126 KB, 618x934) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil2.jpg
126 KB, 618x934
>>83979157
Gone Baby Gone made about as much as Dredd.
The Town made slightly more than Judge Dredd.

What is your criteria for a hit?

Sixth Sense was a hit, it made nearly 700 million dollars.
300 was a hit, it cleared 450 million with an R rating.

The Town and Gone Baby Gone were well-recieved indy films.
>>
>>83978879
Don't sit here all day, loser.
>>
>>83979212
Daredevil wasn't a hit
>>
>>83979212
yeah but remember when he rocked that Spin Doctors beard back in the 90s?
>>
>>83979241
Still performed better than The Town.
>>
What, other than Snyder's public suicide, can satisfy /co/?
>>
>Dredd 3D & The Raid duology are shit because it didn't make a billion dollars!

Fuck off.
>>
>>83979271
If WB abandoned DC movies for pure television, I'd be satisfied.
>>
File: Apes-Old-Caesar.jpg (214 KB, 1263x850) Image search: [Google]
Apes-Old-Caesar.jpg
214 KB, 1263x850
>>83979277
No one called them "shit".
You cannot classify Dredd as a hit, it made 15 million dollars LESS than it's fucking budget.
>>
>>83979294
And more people went to see Dredd, than Gone Baby Gone.
>>
>>83979320
Karl Urabe as Batman when
>>
>>83979212
>he's now talking about how dramas don't make box office hits
Holy fucking shit, you're on a roll
>>
>>83979126
Only when Marvel does it, buddy. Nothing DC does will satisfy people now.
>>
>>83979294
No it didn't. It made $3.5m less than budget, and had an ad spend (total) of $26m on top of that, for a whole sum of $71m. In US domestic DVD and BluRay sales it made another $19m, which was matched (almost exactly) in UK domestic DVD and BluRay sales. Home video money goes almost untouched back to the studio; so that's a profit of $6m - and that's before it had its quiet resurgence six months later and again hit the top of the charts, and also doesn't include the other territories in which it was released on home video, or the other back end.

It didn't make a huge gross on theatrical release, but it's not a flop - it's in profit and has been since 3 months after initial release.

http://the-numbers.com/movie/Dredd
>>
>>83979294
You are attaching the quality of the movie to the box office reception. That's the whole narrative you're trying to push. But then, you contradict yourself with this post. It's hard to argue your points if you change them any time.
>>
>>83979367
uhh what Joy just made like a hundred million dollarydoos last year

it's a drama about a mop that happened to do well because it has a genuine A-list star
>>
File: 1458746826745.jpg (55 KB, 626x438) Image search: [Google]
1458746826745.jpg
55 KB, 626x438
>>83979271
I don't need him to suicide, I just want him to not be involved with these movies anymore. I would have so much more faith in these movies if they admitted that Snyder was the cancer and booted him from the DCEU altogether but I know they won't do that
>>
>>83978818
>It looks like Marvel wins.

Why is it about companies winning/losing
I like both Marvel and DC
It is about FANS losing not a company winning
>>
>>83979393
No, bro. Dredd was a bad movie that didn't make money, the measure for quality.
>>
File: Dredd.jpg (90 KB, 989x520) Image search: [Google]
Dredd.jpg
90 KB, 989x520
>>83979393
>No it didn't. It made $3.5m less than budget, and had an ad spend (total) of $26m on top of that, for a whole sum of $71m.

About 50% of modern theatrical releases' box office goes back to the studio.

I'm sorry, even if the studio got 100% of the box office, they lost money with the marketing.
>>
>>83979440
I'm pretty sure the measure of a "hit" is to actually not lose money.
>>
>>83978859
No, thats your problem.

There are people that enjoyed MoS and BvS.

>BvS is released
>Why cant it be more fun like Marvel?
>Why cant it be more simple like Marvel?
>Why cant it be more colorful like Marvel?
>Why cant it be more like Marvel?

Justice league is released
>hurrdurr this is too much like Marvel
>It tries to ape the MCU and fails
>If I wanted a quipfest I would watch Marvel

Journos and faggots will never ever be pleased. Zack Snyder should have go with his plan for JL. You will complain regardless. But I could have enjoyed the original JL.
>>
>>83979485
Its well known a movie has to made 2x the budget in order to start making profits.

He knows it. He probably even used this argument against movies he dislikes. But he completely ignores it now because it can be used against a movie he is currently trying to defend.
>>
File: 1380236685049.jpg (66 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1380236685049.jpg
66 KB, 300x300
>>83978859

both Miller and the Russos already complained about superman and why the character doesn't work in a movie, so maybe the problem is not the director but the character everyone knows but noone wants to see a movie about.
>>
>>83978818
even Zack "the CapeKino God" Snyder is a slave to corporate meddling.
People voted with their wallets. quippy popcorn flicks are the way to go.
I just hope that it will still be deep even if it has a lighthearted tone.
>>
Why is everyone assuming quips? I read it as trying to turn the series to something brighter and more hopeful like All Star Superman which wasn't full to the brim with quips.
>>
>>83981866
Because we have already descriptions from scenes and they are not just quippy, but cringeworthy quippy. It went full quips.
>>
>>83982025

you mean the scenes with the Flash? that one character that is supposed to quip?
>>
>>83982054
Really? Flash is supposed to Quip? This is a new development for me. And for the character. I guess your only interaction with the franchise are cartoons.
>>
File: tumblr_n3paz2N56W1txezlvo3_500.gif (732 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3paz2N56W1txezlvo3_500.gif
732 KB, 499x281
>>83982083
He wasn't even particulary quippy in the cartoon, just more upbeat and cheerful than the others
>>
>>83982602
Him an Green Arrow are supposed to be the quippy ones imo, but I guess the TV show threw all that into the trash.
>>
>>83980513
I never said it should be anything like Marvel. In fact, I wanted something different out of DC.
The reasom BvS sucked is because of the poor dialogue and logical fallacies.
>>
>>83982054
>that one character that is supposed to quip?
Flash is the lighthearted member of the team but he's not Tony Stark
>>
>>83980513
I don't want it to be more like Marvel, I just want to like it. I want something to rival the DCAU on the big screen. I didn't like it and I honestly am not 100% sure they even know what they're doing

For fucks sake, you say JL is in response to BvS but then BvS was in response to MoS too
>>
>>83982602
And that was Wally, who always was more funny than Barry
>>
>>83979209

because the director has nothing to do with a movie being regarded as best of the year, let alone a director/producer/writter
>>
>>83979415

argo made 136 and people are still talking about it.
>>
>>83982025

The Flash is meant to be funny and yet none of his writting felt like ''meme material'' like most avengers lines
>>
I just want you guys to know that your tears are delicious and your pain is more entertaining than either of the movies I've had to suffer through to get to this point.
>>
>>83983359

here is one (you) for (you) my friend.
>>
>>83982988
Oh no, a cape movie has plot holes! Stop the fucking presses! Civil war is riddled by a shit ton of poor dialogue and logicla fallacies yet no one complains.

Nice dubs...for a faggot.
>>
>>83979338
When we enter the Azrael-as-Batman phase.
>>
File: moore.png (128 KB, 250x255) Image search: [Google]
moore.png
128 KB, 250x255
We know that these threads are made by /tvirgins/ that hate DC because they don't like smart movies that they can't understand.

Is the same board that keeps hating Better Call Saul for not having explosions and they also fucking loved Age of Ultron, so do the math
>>
>>83983488
>yet no one complains
Now you know that's just not true, anon.
>>83983528
I love BCS, think AoU is meh and didn't go see BvS because I didn't like MoS. What does that make me?
>>
>>83983528
>/tvirgins/
Shouldn't it be /tv/irgins? And isn't virgins /v/'s insulting nickname?
>>
>>83983488
>I hate the genre conventions and tone and want a movie without them!
>Why are people complaining about narrative issues that the genre conventions and tone excuse?!?!!?! I want to have my cake and eat it too! Everyone else is stupid babies!!1
>>
>>83979271
Removing Snyder I think is a big one. Maybe consulting more classic DC writers like Miller, Adams, Morrison, Waid, etc would be a good idea
>>
>>83979277
All three of those movies are overrated. I'd rather watch Shaw Brothers films.
>>
>>83983748

they are the same kind of console wars autist, so is all the same
>>
>>83979277
Dredd is an awful Dredd film but a bretty good action movie. It didnt capture the city or the ideology behind it.

The Raid 1 is good.

The Raid 2 is shit. Pure shit. 15 minutes long fights in which regular humans are gutted for shock effect but they can still fight like nothing happened. Awful movie.
>>
>>83982988
The logical fallacies were ideas promoted by antagonists which were proven wrong. The dialogue is fancy because the characters are big. It works perfectly.
>>
>>83984796
You mean like Batman calling Superman "dangerous" despite the fact that he's on a fucking killing spree?
>>
>>83983528
>/tvirgins/ that hate DC because they don't like smart movies that they can't understand.
That sounds like /tv/ talking about /co/
>>
>>83984565
I don't get the hate for The Raid 2. It's a little long and maybe could've used more action sequences but it's a good movie still.

I still need to watch Dredd.
>>
>>83980513
>Why can't it be less retarded and nonsensical like Marvel?
>>
>>83987025
>Batman can kill the entire human race on a whim

Wow, and I thought I was a fan of Batman.
>>
>>83978941
They directed Civil War though and that was terrible
>>
>>83989703
It was alright. People nitpick on BvS about having "inconsistencies" which can be easily explained, but Civil War has inconsistencies that cannot be explained under any circumstances.
>>
>>83989822

Such as?
>>
>>83989880
>Black Panther can dodge Hawkeye's arrows
>Black Panther can't dodge Black Widow's electricity attacks
They were at similar ranges too.
>>
>>83989967
>if people do one thing one time they can do it in near similar cirucmstances 100% of the time
That is not even close to the plot holes in BvS. Holy fuck, you're reaching.
>>
>>83989967
He wasn't expecting his teammate to attack him and by that point she kept on electrocuting him to keep him down.
>>
>>83990014
>Captain America throws his shield at War Machine
>War Machine disappears for 5 minutes

"I can do this all day."

Not only that, but your "explanation" is retarded. Why would Black Panther be able to dodge Hawkeye's arrows and not Black Widow's electric attack? It's not like he was straining, using some sort of once in a lifetime technique to do it. Plus Hawkeye's arrows SHOULD BE faster than Black Widow's electricity. Having inconsistent abilities is a big issue, saying "he did it but that doesn't mean he can do it again!" is just plain retarded. BvS has literally 0 plot holes.
>>
>>83990157
>BvS has literally 0 plot holes.
So why does Lois think to go back and get the kryptonite spear, again?
>>
>>83990157

>frame Superman successfully
>by shooting a bunch of people
>>
>>83990343
>with special lexcorp brand bullets even though normal bullets have been killing people just fine for ages and he specifically doesn't want to get caught
>leading to a plot that lois uncovers that has absolutely nothing to do with how superman discovers that luthor is evil and is totally pointless
>>
>>83990157
Superman kills that terrorist at the beginning but says he didn't. Why was he at a Russian rocket launch? Why did Superman say Martha instead of Mom? Why didn't Aquaman swim away as fast as he could from the camera that filmed if he wanted to preserve the secrecy of his race? Why did Batman say "I thought she was with you" when he clearly knew where Wonder Woman sided with? How does Luthor manage to time Martha's kidnapping at the exact moment when Batman is signalling to fight Superman? Why didn't Wonder Woman throw the kryptonite spear? What would've happened if Doomsday won, how would Luthor stop him?
>>
>>83981385
no zack is just a hack and that's all there is to it.
>>
File: 1450162509086.jpg (41 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
1450162509086.jpg
41 KB, 500x294
>>83980513
>There are people that enjoyed MoS and BvS.
>>
>>83978818
>not seeing anything irregular with set visit reports happening this early
>not seeing anything irregular with faggots like Devin Faraci being invited (his first WB set visit in numerous years)

Its a fucking ruse you idiot

They'll throw in some quips. Some goofs, some laughs. They'll pander to these "journalists" that ran all the hitpieces about the movie as well as their normie cronies that parrot them. They'll satisfy the Cult of Rotten Tomatoes thats existence is honestly an affront to the art of filmmaking

But at the end of the day nothing's changed. They're simply less upfront about the nature of their deconstruction and the thematic weight of what they are doing. Snyder is still creating kino, he just stopped bragging about it
>>
>>83990776
>Its a fucking ruse you idiot
Snyder's not smart enough to ruse anybody.
>>
>>83990536
Not defendinf BvS, but if Supes said "mom", Batman would probably think "oh, it's his alien mom." and be indifferent
>>
>>83981385
I honestly think Superman is box office poison. I mean, I loved both MoS and BvS, but all the bitching has been centered around Superman not matching people's headcanon or not being like muh comix.
>>
>>83990233
One of Lois's abilities is "investigative journalism" which means she can put two and two together. The only experience she's had with extremely powerful and durable beings have been Kryptonians, so it's not that much of a stretch to think "'maybe that thing is Kryptonian"

>>83990343
>>83990378
Superman was framed for escalating the conflict. The special bullets weren't bullets that say Lexcorp on them, like idiots such as you tend to believe. They were military-grade bullets which would have implicated the military. Lois only got lucky that the Swanwick had th information. Not only that, Lex is powerful enough that the military is afraid of him, so they can't out him. How about watching the movie first?

>>83990536
>Superman kills that terrorist at the beginning but says he didn't.
Superman didn't kill anyone.
>Why was he at a Russian rocket launch?
Superman saves everyone who is in need.
>Why did Superman say Martha instead of Mom?
To keep his promise to Pa Kent about his secret identity, even until the very end.
>Aquaman
What? Where did you get this meme from? He just doesn't want to get filmed.
>Why did Batman say "I thought she was with you"
Friendly banter.
>How does Luthor
He has cameras everywhere. Read the tie-in comic. Plus there's a giant bat signal in the sky.
>Why didn't Wonder Woman
Doomsday would have dodged it. Wonder Woman is too weak to impale him too; a slightly depowered Superman is still more powerful.
>What would've happened if Doomsday won
Lex laughs maniacally, says "see! I was right!" and dies. Just like if he would succeed in many of his comics plans.

I can do this all day. You can't win against truth and justice.
>>
>>83991398
The original outcome of the Nairomi scene having burned people, assumed to have been done by Superman, is better than the theatrical cut. Blame has to be split from Snyder making a long blockbuster and WB wanting to cut down on Superman's scenes.
>>
>>83991398
>Superman didn't kill anyone.
Putting a man through two walls at the speed of a moving train is definitely a kill.

>Superman saves everyone who is in need
How did he know it would fail? Why was he in Russia at the time? Could he sense distress that far away?

>To keep his promise to Pa Kent about his secret identity, even until the very end.
But he knew that Batman knew who he was, doing that would've been pointless.

>What? Where did you get this meme from? He just doesn't want to get filmed.
Then why did he spend so long looking awkwardly at the camera?

>Friendly banter.
Elaborate on that.

>He has cameras everywhere. Read the tie-in comic. Plus there's a giant bat signal in the sky.
That still doesn't explain how he was able to kidnap her in that time.

>Doomsday would have dodged it. Wonder Woman is too weak to impale him too; a slightly depowered Superman is still more powerful.
He was dying though, and she hasn't got a weakness towards kryptonite.

>Lex laughs maniacally, says "see! I was right!" and dies. Just like if he would succeed in many of his comics plans.
But didn't he want to stop destruction? He wouldn't be right if he caused more if that was the case.
>>
Are autists still complaining about Superman not giving Wonder Woman the spear?

Knowing full well that if he did, they then would complain Superman is a coward?
>>
>>83991605
>Putting a man through two walls at the speed of a moving train is definitely a kill.
Pushing a man through a mud wall at an undefined speed won't kill him, especially if the person doing it is SUPERMAN. If he wanted it, that guy would be dead already.

>How did he know it would fail? Why was he in Russia at the time? Could he sense distress that far away?
Superman, Superman, Clark Kent.

>Then why did he spend so long looking awkwardly at the camera?
Puzzled by primitive human technology.

>Elaborate on that.
Superman and Batman are friends now. They're having fun.

>That still doesn't explain how he was able to kidnap her in that time.
Call the Russian on his famous phone. Batman even said that he has been receiving calls from Luthor.

>He was dying though, and she hasn't got a weakness towards kryptonite.
Weak Superman > full strength Wonder Woman, even with feminism boost. You're downplaying Superman. Wonder Woman was unable to pierce Doomsday's body with her magic sword. Superman was only able to pierce Doomsday through super speed flying, which Wonder Woman can't do. No time to "castle" because no one knows how long the kryptonite gas would last on Doomsday.

>But didn't he want to stop destruction? He wouldn't be right if he caused more if that was the case.
No. Lex just wants to be right because he's triggered by his father's abuse. He wants to genocide anyone stronger than him. Why would you think Lex was a good guy?
>>
I hope this is all a smokescreen and Justice League is 110% Snydervision. Snyder is the most interesting thing to happen to capeshit movies in ages.
>>
>>83979126
Snyder can't do comedy. He only had two shots: wide and dark, with characters growling dialogue at each other, and slow/fast motion

That's it. That's all he can do
>>
>>83992332
>They're having fun.
>>
>>83978818
Wait the movie came out?
>>
>mfw Zack Snyder has litrally made the best 3 superhero moveis ever
>>
>The movie isnt too smart for me!
>What, how is it a deconstruction? Zacks dumb!
>What do you mean that character literally says he didnt kill that guy, I saw him do it and my thoughts trump facts presented in the movie!
>>
>>83992444
>Snyder can't do fun meme

Welcome to the Planet :^)
>>
Even if the MCU cancer has already shitted up Justice League, at least we'll always have the Ultimate Edition. Praise Snyder, we don't deserve him.
>>
>>83991398
>One of Lois's abilities is "investigative journalism" which means she can put two and two together. The only experience she's had with extremely powerful and durable beings have been Kryptonians, so it's not that much of a stretch to think "'maybe that thing is Kryptonian"
But she wasn't there. She couldn't have possibly known. Just admit that the plot needed her to know and Snyder couldn't think of a reasonable way for her to figure it out other than absolute bullshit.
>>
>>83992595
She also knew shit was going down at the Kryptonian ship. Not much of a stretch.
>>
>>83992595
>But she wasn't there. She couldn't have possibly known.
A being that gets nuked and survives. What else but a Kryptonian? She only starts looking for it after they got nuked and Doomsday was still going.
>>
>>83992700
She didn't know about that, though. The audience knew it but she didn't.

The order of events is
>Lois throws the spear
>Doomsday appears far away from Gotham
>??
>Lois goes back and gets the spear
>>
>>83991654
Frankly he already is a coward; so afraid of the consequences of the actions that he doesn't act until it's too late and the only outcomes guaranteed are the worst possible ones.
>>
File: 1449092744668.jpg (323 KB, 1532x366) Image search: [Google]
1449092744668.jpg
323 KB, 1532x366
>>83992480
Praise the lord brother
>>
>>83992766
You're seriously saying that she wouldn't be able to see two objects going up into space, a huge explosion happening, one object coming back down, and another huge explosion happening because she's a mile away with some water in between?
>>
>>83993294
No, of course not, and she'd have no way of knowing what that explosion involved.
>>
>>83993387
>investigative journalism power activate
>That must be Superman pushing something into space
>one of them came back, hurray it's Superman!
>Wait, Superman doesn't cause huge energy explosions
>ruh roh
>>
>>83993495
More like
>I'm in this building where my boyfriend was nearly beaten to death
>Just heading out now
>Oh whoops bullshit plot powers activate
>Better head back inside
>>
>>83993614
More like
>I'm watching a movie but it's too hard to understand since I'm retarded
>Better damage control so that people won't make fun of me!
>meme powers activate
>Now I win at 4chan! Gibe upboat!
>>
>>83993859
Thanks for playing.
>>
>>83993996
You already gave up when you decided to meme instead of giving a rebuttal. You can't win against truth.
>>
>>83979212
The Town and Gone Baby Gone were well received by people who actually care about film making and don't only watch capeshit like you.
>>
>>83978904

The action in The Town isn't bad f a m.
>>
>>83990722

Fuck off with this bullshit.

There are people who enjoyed Batman v Superman.

But everyone who dislikes it screams MARTHA so fucking loudly that it drowns out any actual discussion of it for good or ill.
>>
>>83990776
>Its a fucking ruse you idiot

Honestly anon I hope this is true. While I do believe that Justice League should be more hopeful than Batman v Superman I hope Snyder sticks to his guns and his DCU saga is allowed to be told.
>>
File: 160523.jpg (429 KB, 692x1652) Image search: [Google]
160523.jpg
429 KB, 692x1652
>>83995033
It had its chance.
>>
>>83991130
>I honestly think Superman is box office poison.

I think there's way too much truth to this.

If Superman is too serious people will complain that he isn't hopeful and smiling

>muh truth, justice, and the 'Murrican Way

If Superman is too hopeful people will complain about him being too campy.

It's part of the reason Batman works well because everyone wants Batman to be dark. No one wants a lighthearted Batman film.
>>
>>83992480

Bullshit. He didn't make The Dark Knight.

And I'm not even a Snyder hater. Also, fuck off /tv/ Watchmen is garbage if you've actually read the comics.
>>
File: 9786451315445.png (425 KB, 838x476) Image search: [Google]
9786451315445.png
425 KB, 838x476
>>83995138
I'm pretty sure no one wants murderous batman.
>>
>>83993012

Holy shit, I never noticed the contrast of those two shots.

Bravo capekino shitposter. While I really fucking loved Batman v Superman I'm not exactly down with the capekino crap.
>>
>>83995207

>I'm pretty sure no one wants murderous batman.

Batman '89 - Murders Joker

Batman Returns - Murders lots of random goons

Batman Forever - Murders Two Face

Batman Begins - Murders Ra's

The Dark Knight - Murders Two Face

The Dark Knight Rises - Gives zero fucks about Catwoman murdering Bane

Are you serious f a m?
>>
File: 12th level salute.png (139 KB, 250x287) Image search: [Google]
12th level salute.png
139 KB, 250x287
>>83995138
>If Superman is too hopeful people will complain about him being too campy.
Well fuck them, then.
>>
So is Injustice the only DC related thing SNyder has seen?

Because sometimes it feels like it.

At least Injustice had the occasional moment of levity.
>>
>>83995322
I know about those. He was about to kill Superman if he didn't mention the word "Martha".

If it was different name like Sally, he's pretty dead.
>>
>>83995138
>>83991130
Despite the many, many flaws of both MoS and BvS, they sold well.

BvS had something like 800 Million or some bullshit. The problem is not Superman here. People, demonstratively want to see him.
>>
>>83995479
It was beaten by Jungle book remake both domestic and foreign for third place. That should have not happened.
>>
>>83995322
Man, what the fuck are you on even on about faggot?

He didn't murder Joker, just tied him to the gargoyle so he wouldn't escape. It wasn't Batman's fault that Joker, like a dumbass, insisted on holding onto the ladder to try to escape. He could have easily let go of the ladder and jump back onto the gargoyle. Hell, he even said it himself, "Sometimes I just kill myself"

He killed ONE goon and that was the fat guy with dynamite

He threw a bunch of coins in the air. Come the fuck on.

Not saving Ra isn't the same as killing him.

Alright, I'll give you that. It was a bitch death, but I'll give you that.

And? That doesn't mean he killed him bitch.
>>
>>83995479

I'm not arguing about selling well.

I'm saying that Superman is a controversial figure among mainstream audiences because people either love or hate a campy Superman. It why while both movies sold they both had mixed-negative reviews.

>>83995452

No one complains about Batman killing in other Batman movies, and they don't explain Batman's mental state or how he's unhinged when he commits murder in other movies.

Whereas in Batman v Superman we're clearly seeing a Batman going through his dark-night-of-the-soul yet people whinge about him killing people when the film is blatantly about the redemption of Batman through Superman's self-sacrifice and Batman's achievement of ubermensch status.
>>
File: Creepman.gif (377 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
Creepman.gif
377 KB, 500x274
>>83995932
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3wM7_Bch1Ymistaken.
>>
>>83995932
>Not saving Ra isn't the same as killing him.
Telling your buddy to take your missile-car and blow out the train supports while you pummel a guy half senseless is pretty much murdering them.
>>
>>83995110
>meme campaign against BvS means it's bad

It's so easy to manipulate normies.
>>
>>83979177
>confirms suspicion
>"nice projection"
>>
File: Sack Znyder.jpg (76 KB, 871x468) Image search: [Google]
Sack Znyder.jpg
76 KB, 871x468
>>83979073
>>
>>83979073
>>83998111
Normies loved 300 right? But I thought a lot of normies also liked Watchmen.
>>
>>83978981
Argo was worse than The Town in every way, which is saying something because Argo was amazing.
>>
>>83995560
Because it crashed and burned after the first weekend. The momentum it had during the opening weekend was huge. People WANT Superman, anon. They want him more than ever, they need his light in a dark, cynical era. But DC refuses to give it to them and instead gives them a dark, cynical Superman.
>>
>>83978818
batfleck movie with matt damon as hush would be the shit
>>
>>83999475
What about an adaptation of Knightfall where Batman doesn't get wrecked and breaks Bane's back instead?
>>
We still haven't gotten an explanation for why Pa Kent is literally a sociopath in Snyder's movies. Not only does this crop up in MoS, Snyder fucking doubles down on it in BvS with the flashback.
>>
>>84000751
Because hes not a sociopath and your autism prevents you from seeing this.
>>
>>84000854
>Pa, should I drown horses?
>I'm not saying don't.
>>
>>84000915
Yep it's autism alright
>>
>>83990157
>Why would Black Panther be able to dodge Hawkeye's arrows and not Black Widow's electric attack
>Hawkeye's arrows SHOULD BE faster than Black Widow's electricity

...electricity moves at more or less the speed of light, anon. In fact it basically moves at the speed of light for whatever medium it's travelling through.

Arrows don't move anything like that fast, because they're arrows. If they moved even a fraction that fast they'd explode into gamma ray bursts and kill everything on earth.
>>
>>83983258
Not if they're not even nominated for their directing, no.

That's not accidental.
>>
>>83996287

Bruce's character arc in BvS is literally too deep for most people.
>>
>>83998642
Those who have seen it. It's not Batman and it was before Marvel made superhero genre all-consuming. It's a long movie featuring characters the average person has never heard of.
>>
File: Superman National.jpg (11 KB, 300x306) Image search: [Google]
Superman National.jpg
11 KB, 300x306
>>83981385
Donner Superman made a great deal of money and prestige in its time.

The character was at one time more popular than Batman and had more books then he did. DC used to be marketed as Superman National Comics. They had national Superman fan clubs.

The character has been beloved by Grant Morrison, Alan Moore, Osamu Tezuka, and even Garth Ennis who hates all other cape characters.

The problem is not the character. The problem is empirically not the character.

So tell me Anon, what IS the problem?
>>
>>84000751
>Pa Kent loves his son so much that he seriously considers letting a schoolbus full of children die

Just because your parents didn't love you doesn't mean having love for your kid makes you a sociopath.
>>
>>84001496
You forgot the short-lived Action Comics Weekly in the late 80's.
>>
>>83995322
There are lines and limits anon.

Murdering a Joker and his goons is one thing.

Trying to fucking murder SUPERMAN because he can't into detective work and can't talk to him like a rational sane human being is a different matter entirely.

Imagine if Civil War was about Captain American trying to kill Tony because some guy in an Iron Man suit started killing people.
>>
>>83983488
>Civil war is riddled by a shit ton of logical fallacies
like?
>>
>>84000978
Wow! What an amazing explanation! Too bad it's wrong. It would work if she was literally shooting lightning out of her hands, but that's not what's happening. She's using a device which projects electricity on contact with the person. The projectile doesn't move as fast as lightning just because it uses electricity. How about thinking first?
>>
>Justice League movie without Superman or Green Lantern

What's the fucking point? This is all they could muster up?
>>
>>83995033
why didnt Superman just fly around the city at light speed using his super hearing and xray vision to find his mother?

why did Superman fly directly into the kryptonite grenade he saw Batman reload?

Why didn't Batman just keep the kryptonite knife on him during the fight, instead of drawing Superman to the spear?

Why did they halt the movie to have the pointless trailers to the 3 other characters?

Why did Lex or worker under Lex create logos for the meta humans?

What was Lex's plan if Doomsday did kill Superman?
>>
>>84001710
YOU CAN'T SACK THE ZACK
>>
>>83995322
AND NO ONE WANTED BATMAN TO DO THOSE THINGS YOU FUCKING IDIOT!

ALL THOSE WERE MADE BY DIRECTORS WHO WANTED TO MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT THEIR VERSION OF BATMAN, NONE OF THOSE ARE COMIC BOOK BATMAN.
>>
>all these people saying DC are making their movies like Marvel by adding in colour and jokes
Have any of you actually ever read DC comics? There's fucking tonnes of colour and humor, the characters have fun with one another and they love being heroes. Hyped as fuck that finally someone seems to have put their foot down and stopped Snyder giving everything the tone of Watchmen.
>>
>>84001721
also

Why shoehorn in the Death of Superman story?
This was a waste of that story arc and it kills any sense of danger in all future movies, we obviously know he will be back because of his "healing coma" nonsense. So now any time there is a threat that kills him, everyone knows he will just come back.
>>
>>84001657
A smaller projectile will travel faster than a larger projectile fired with the same force. Even a lesser force for the smaller projectile relative to the force used on the larger projectile will cause it to move faster.

How about you think? Then maybe you won't get trolled.
>>
>>84001721
>Why didn't Superman just
Because Snyder's heroes are hard men that make hard, pained expressions. They aren't exactly smart people. You'll notice Batman was far from the world's greatest detective in this.

>Why did Superman fly directly into the kypotnite grenade

Because casuals like seeing Superman broken and defeated.

>Why didn't Batman

Remember how traditionally it was always a K ring Batman had? Because it was a subtle weapon to be used by a subtle, sneaky character and because as a ring it was something of a honor given to him by his best friend Superman?

Now we have a spear. What does that communicate? Overwrought Excalibur references an violence.

>Why did half the movie
Because we have to beat Marvel god damn it!

>Why did Lex create logos

Because they want the audience to go OOOHHHH ITS AQUAMAN

>What was Lex's plan if Doomsday won

No plan because the script said he would lose.

>>84001797
>implying casuals actually read comics

>>84001810
Because it was one of the best selling graphic novels of all time even if it was far from one of the best Superman comics of all time. Investors and business savvy people like Snyder look at that and see dollar signs.

Based Harlan gives the rundown:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgAXCT99m0M

>>84001822
Wasn't BP blindsided? I don't see what the big deal is. Just because he can dodge some attacks doesn't mean he can dodge all attacks. A guy gets tired after awhile.
>>
>>84001822
could have just said at that moment he was more focused on getting Bucky and Steve to care about dodging.

also like>>84001866
said, he most likely didnt expect the first shot, then was still effected by the stun to dodge the other shots.
>>
>>83984343
WORLD'S FINEST SCRIPT written in EIGHT hands, by legendary Batman creators Neil Adams and Frank Miller (both old and just fresh out of DKSA and Odyssey) handling the Caped Crusader and Morrison and Waid writing the Superparts with infinite golden age fan wanking
>>
>>84001721

Autism

>>84001742

Why do you need a fucking 100% accurate comic version of that character when, you know, there are the fucking comic books?!
>>
>>84001915
Shut up Zack Snyder
>>
>>84001915
You're free to do whatever you want with an IP. Sometimes what you do isn't the best thing for an IP though critically and commercially. Like Snyder-verse and SJW Ghost busters.
>>
>>84001915
>Why do you need a fucking 100% accurate comic version of that character when, you know, there are the fucking comic books?!

Because you don't fix what isn't broken, maybe?

Why do you want something to be different when the way it already is, is perfect?
>>
>>84001496
>Donner Superman made a great deal of money and prestige in its time.

yeah, the first movie and the second movie at best because it was a new concept with effects hardly ever seen in cinema, the same could be said about the first avengers movie, it was there first, so it won. Nowadays mister indestructible isn't appealing to anyone anymore, he works in comics because he is not unique, not the strongest and has a established fanbase since decades, that doesn't mean normies want to see a movie about him, specially not the movie comic-fags want to see and Miller and the Russos explained why.
>>
>>84002129
Care to link to exactly what they said?

>Normies don't want to see a movie about him
Why. Normies love Captain America and he basically has the heart of Superman.
>>
>>83978949
CUZ ID MISS YOU BABY

AND I DONT WANT TO MISS A THANNNGGG
>>
>>84001496
>and even Garth Ennis who hates all other cape characters.

Wow, what a tryhard
>>
>>84002245
Only in the movies.
>>
>>84002461
>What a tryhard
But its true. Superman and Wonder Woman are the only two capes he respects. He's said so in interviews.

What's so tryhard about listing comic book and manga people that like Superman?
>>
>>84002461

It's pretty clear to see he also likes Daredevil too. You know if you actually read any of his stuff.
>>
>>84002580
>>84004407
It's what I would expect from contrarians on /co/, I guess that's why you people worship him
>>
>>83990157
I also don't get how black panther's suit can take bullets from a fucking machine gun and not flinch but punches can stagger him? isn't vibranium supposed to absorb that shit?
>>
>>83988819

But Marvel is retarded and nonsensical.
>>
>>84004407
>Has Punisher kick hiss ass in Welcome Back Frank, force him to choose between shooting him and having Frank snipe a thug. Unlike on the Netflix show he whines like a loser with no good argument and tries to shoot Frank with a blank. Frank clearly "wins" the moral argument.

>Is a total joke in League of Dunces on the level of a keystone cop. "Gosh guys, he's going into a burger joint, why aren't you chasing him?"

Yeah I have read his stuff. Are you high? He hates Daredevil. The only time he had even an once of respect was in Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe, and that was written well before his run on the Punisher proper.
>>
>>84004499
Did he take a direct shot in Civil War?

It's Vibranium mesh. It blunts the kinetic force. Punches still make him flinch if the guy punching him is strong enough (or if the writer forgets).

His suit wasn't always Vibranium mesh. The early Kirby/Lee stuff just had in him a cat suit.
>>
File: doom face.jpg (46 KB, 230x250) Image search: [Google]
doom face.jpg
46 KB, 230x250
DC movies should stop being so serious and dark, because superheroes and dumb and silly. They should be like Marvel movies that poke fun at its own silliness and have a lot of self-aware jokes that anybody can understand.
>>
>>83981385
DING DING DING, the one person who actually gets it.
>>
>>84001915
>Why do you need a fucking 100% accurate comic version of that character when, you know, there are the fucking comic books?!
If you don't want to make an accurate version of the character why even adapt a comic?
>>
>>84004674
>Marvel superheroes are dumb and silly
Fixed.
>Marvel movies that poke fun at its own silliness
No, it's not silly on purpose.

>>83981385
>the best superheroes ever suck becuase they're not Marvel
You funny.
>>
>>84004786
>why even adapt a comic?
So Disney doesn't close you down for being a money pit, duh.
>>
File: 1466039437577.jpg (13 KB, 379x374) Image search: [Google]
1466039437577.jpg
13 KB, 379x374
>>83992595

>Kal-El is a Kryptonian
>One of his many abilities is the power to emit highly concentrated x-ray beams from his eyes, literally has the ability to cook things with his eyes
>Doomsday has the same power, it must be Kryptonian in nature
>???
>PROFIT!

Not that hard.
>>
>>84002580
how can you like those two characters and dislike all the others? really seems arbitrary as a thing
>>
>>84004770
What did they say? Do you have a link?

I fail to see how someone can think one of the most developed and long lasting fictional characters in history can't work in a movie, especially sense the Donnor films are regarded as classics.

Fucking Ant-Man and Iron Man worked in a movie. Why not Superman?

>>84005068
It's Ennis. I I had to guess It might have something to do with Superman being the first and classic super hero. He also really likes Superman as an American immigrant metaphor, and he likes that Superman has always been humble. What he criticizes Superheroes for a lot is that they're stories are giant never ending soap operas where the lives of a small cast of people have more significance than average people. See Hickman Avengers where the multiverse life boat contains no normals and compare and contrast that to the bunker of one percenters he had Punisher kill in Punisher: The End.

Superman has always been humble. Even in the golden age he fought for the little guy against big business and exploitation. His tagline was something like "savior of the oppressed and downtrodden". In the Silver Age he always found himself humiliated by 5D imps or kids from the future but he kept doing what he could to help people even at his lowest.

That's why Ennis likes Superman. He champions the little guy. He lives as Clark Kent, as a little guy. In the Hitman issue he wrote with Superman in it Superman beats himself up for not saving an astronaut and Tommy tells him that he doesn't know how great he really is.

Superman is the people's Super Hero. That's why Ennis likes him.
>>
>>84005241
>>84005068
You have to get into Ennis' cyncial "boys in the trenches" mind set. Think how he sees and reads the characters.

Batman: Rich wanker who works out his personal issues by beating up people.

Spider-Man: MUH AUNT MAY, actually altered reality with the help of Satan because he was so selfish and self-centered. Is constantly self-sabotaging his own happiness and maturation as an individual due to a giant guilt complex. Slott writes him as a man-child.

Fantastic Four: A rich one percenter and his flunkies who build god engines but can't cure diseases.

Dr. Strange: The same as above with magic.

X-Men: SJW powerwank fantasy. If Ennis fond Captain America offensive because he took attention away from the real people that fought in WW2 you bet he doesn't like MLK and Malcom X being played by Brain Man and Magnet Man. They're also rich beautiful people that fund their own paramilitary force and cry rape every chance they get at the silly normies that would kill themselves like animals without them protecting them. Ennis hates that kind of stuff.

Superman: Guy works a 9 to 5 job writing journalism to expose the evils of Lex Luthor and other bad guys then moonlights as the world's most powerful first responder. He likes being Clark Kent and saving the world.

Ennis has a hard time hating Superman because its hard to be cynical about him. The guy is just so damn selfless and loving. His arch enemy is a big bald baby man that he could crush like a bug but he doesn't.
>>
>>84005241
>one of the most developed and long lasting fictional characters in history

I mean, even without getting into fedoramode here, there's a few things wrong with this statement.

Long lasting... that depends. How do you define that? Does Othello count? Iago? Sure, nobody's really writing any new material with them, but they're still around, still influential. How about Jane Eyre? No? Sherlock Holmes is still going though, isn't he? Interesting thing about him: he has no character. He's literally just a set of skills with clunky dialogue fitted around them. It's part of what makes him popular generation after generation - he doesn't date too badly because the skillset is universal, so updating the setting is simple.

Most developed, now, does that really apply to Superman? Because here's the thing: comic books don't really count any more. Sherlock Holmes gets movies and tv shows because people really, really want to watch him; maybe he gets new novels, but who the fuck even cares? Nobody reads any more unless it's online. So with Superman, basically anything that happened in comic books in the past 30 years - nobody's going to know about. Nobody's itching to see whatever goombas turned up in the interim period given the celluloid treatment, they want Zod because Zod was what they knew from when they were kids. Billions of people - literally - saw those movies. Hundreds of millions saw Dean Cain, tens of millions saw Tom Welling. They're Superman to the public, but they're all quite different, they all developed in different ways.

That's the problem. You've got something which is iconic, but it isn't much else. Everybody knows that symbol - but Donner's advantage was that he was given a blank slate to work with. Nobody much remembered the old serials by the time he was filming; and they couldn't just download them and binge-watch them all. That's not to say he didn't have an uphill battle to make a convincing Superman, but it's a hard act to follow.
>>
>>84005399
>Sherlock Holmes has no character
Stopped reading right there. What have you ever read to give you that idea? From A Study in Scarlet onward he was always this arrogant, aloof min-maxer that knew more about poisonous molds then talking to people. He was like the Egon of Murder with a lot more arrogance.
>>
>>84005399
>Something is iconic, but isn't much else

Iron Man wasn't even an icon. Neither was Ant Man or Thor. No one knew they existed and now people like them more than Batman and Superman.

Just adapt the Geoff Johns origin or Birthright. Man of Steel and BvS had elements from Birthright but it was far from an actual adaptation. Go back and use Birthright as a storyboard. Maybe splice in elements and scenes from other sources. Next movie is Last Son. Then the Geoff Johns Bizarro Story which will help redeem Pa Kent in the minds of casuals. Then All-Star. Four movies each getting more and more strange and wonderful building up to a climax in All-Star.
>>
>>84005389
>Ennis fond Captain America offensive because he took attention away from the real people that fought in WW2
I've always found him disliking Cap to be a little odd considering his creators both served in WWII.
>>
>>84001721
>why didnt Superman just fly
It would still take time to find her. Lex says the word, KGBeast kills Ma Kent.

>why did Superman fly directly into the kryptonite grenade he saw Batman reload?
He was already flying towards him in a weakened state, and had no way of changing course.

>Why didn't Batman just keep the kryptonite knife on him during the fight, instead of drawing Superman to the spear?
Pride.

>Why did they halt the movie to have the pointless trailers to the 3 other characters?
It was important to the movie. It it wasn't there, people would ask "why does Lex have a pic of Wonder Woman in the first place?" It shows that Lex not only studied Superman and Wonder Woman, but also other metahumans.

>Why did Lex or worker under Lex create logos for the meta humans?
To make them easily identifiable. Lex is efficient.

"Haha I win. I was right!" Then he dies. Gee, what would Lex do if Bizarro ended up not being controllable? You know Lex doesn't think things through because of his blind hatred for Superman, right?
>>
File: 1363067227653.jpg (98 KB, 318x355) Image search: [Google]
1363067227653.jpg
98 KB, 318x355
>like the dark tone of the movies
>like the more serious and "realistic" versions of heroes
>love the visuals and presentations
>hate how the plot is a pathetic mess and makes no sense

I really loved everything about BvS except the stupid story. Why is it so hard for them to get some solid writers? For a movie that probably has an infinite budget, I still can't believe they had such a shitty script.
>>
>>84007647
But the plot made sense. You just had to pay attention. Ask your girlfriend to hold your hand, not the writer and director.
>>
>>84001582
>Imagine if Civil War was about Captain American trying to kill Tony because some guy in an Iron Man suit started killing people.

This analogy is too amazing. When you put it into what the MCU has done as far as effort goes, you can see that even Civil War's quality of writing is 10x that of BvS.

>Muh Terrio
>>
>>84000638
What about an adaptation of Knightfall where Superman breaks Batman's back?
>>
>>84007784
That already happened during the Knightmare. Except Superman broke Batman's heart. Literally.
>>
>>84004786
because you're incapable of creating something worthwhile on your own, so you pervert something else that's already popular by turning it into something different that you want and hijack the original's popularity, because you know damn well that your original creation SUCKS BALLS and would never get noticed on its own.
>>
>>84007915
>bullying every Elseworlds and Imaginary Story author

You're not very nice.
>>
>>84005518
You must have stopped reading words well before that, or you'd know it's true.

He's just given attributes and abilities as necessary. There's no real attempt at canon or continuity. Many of the stories directly contradict one another, but I guess an astute fellow like yourself wouldn't have spotted that.

>he was always this arrogant

He's very rarely arrogant towards the end. The final collection is just a tired old man.
>>
>>84007739
Dawn of Justice has writing that was 6 million times better than Civil War. Nearly every line was memorable.
>>
>>84005557
>Iron Man wasn't even an icon. Neither was Ant Man or Thor. No one knew they existed and now people like them more than Batman and Superman.

Exactly. That's why they were easier to adapt from a director's point of view.

Nobody wants to be the guy who comes after Donner because you've got an uphill battle just to explain your vision of Superman, let alone get people to like it. Even fewer would want to be the guy who comes after Snyder, especially after the way he's handled things.

You can't go back on that by adapting a new origin story. Billions of people aren't going to forget the Superman they're already familiar with just because Geoff Johns wrote a faintly different version of the same origin. The problem isn't some storytelling deficiency, it's that people don't want what you're selling.
>>
File: Brilliant Hack Snyder.png (1 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Brilliant Hack Snyder.png
1 MB, 1920x800
>>84008226
Anon, I love DC too.

But I can admit Snyder is a hack and his movies are horrible.

Please stop, I'm worried about you.
>>
>>84007969
Elseworlds are fine, as they're just side stories. They're not the primary way stories are being told in the comic medium. They're accepted as non-canon and/or alternate universe tales.

You don't have that with comic book movies. You just have the one universe, and it is THE film universe. It'd be fine if these were alternate universe stories and there were also accurate, at least in feel if not actual plot, DC movies being produced. But this is all there is.
>>
The worst mistake was letting know the identities of all the justice league, it should had been batman that was carrying out the investigations.
>>
>>84008284
>You don't have that with comic book movies
What? All comic book movies are Elseworlds. Nobody complains about how Marvel changes characters, so why is it bad when DC changes not the characters but the SITUATION THEY'RE IN. It's still the same characters, but with different corcumstances.
>>
>>84004674
I honestly can't tell the bait, here, from the serious posts anymore. Is this a normie caricature?
>>
>>84008599
You missed my point. I'm saying that the movie universe is the only universe in the live action film medium. Yeah, it's an Elseworld from the comics, but since they're the only live action movies we're getting they should still be true to the characters and setting even if plots are original. That's not what DC's movies have been. When people go to a comic book movie they want the heroes they're familiar with. Not Snyder's bastardizations.
>>
>>84008599
>Nobody complains about how Marvel changes characters

Oh there are.
>>
>>84007969
There's a time and a place for elseworlds and the first multi-milion franchise showing the JL in cinemas with modern technology in a series of movies is not it.
Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.