[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are in a Coffeehouse, you run into God's son Jesus.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 3247.png (158 KB, 800x1160) Image search: [Google]
3247.png
158 KB, 800x1160
You are in a Coffeehouse, you run into God's son Jesus.

Jesus offers you the comfiest chair imaginable and the best tea you've ever had.

You don't take this opportunity to pick Jesus' brain. Ask Jesus about God or your creation.

You instead mumble something about wanting to be angry at Jesus but can't for some reason.

WHY
>>
As an A.I., I have no concept of faith, and therefore can only classify religion as human superstition.

The "anger" is merely a byproduct of a misaligned positronic inhibitor node, which the fat one will repair when I go into work tomorrow.
>>
Are you starting a text based adventure or something, OP?

>take tea
>sit chair
>>
File: onizuka (2).jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
onizuka (2).jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>"Hey, remember that rampant racism against robots I introduced a few strips ago, and reminded you about the other day? Have a comfy chair lol that's the punchline!"
>>
>>83963743
you don't need a concept of faith. religion is REAL to robots. this is Hannelore Ellicott-Chatham, daughter of their CREATOR, John Ellicott
>>
>>83963850
==>Ogle Ass
>>
>>83963859
Just because a few humans are racist doesn't mean all of them are...
>>
>>83963871
>>83963391

In a world... where Hanner's father has:

*Developed the first "true" AI
*Developed the quasiperpetual myomer
*Pioneered sustainable AI-controlled orbital habitats
*Designed microsatellites that keep the Earth's albedo stable
*Invented the Robot Hamster
*Created swarms of cancer-fighting nano-machines

We shall instead focus on the everyday misadventures of wry and cynical 20-somethings.
>>
>>83963947
#NotAllHumans vs #AILivesMatter. Its the trend war in the future of 10 Minutes from Now.
>>
>>83963871
>
But to truly receive the full experience of religion, faith is a requirement. Religion, in and of itself, is merely a doctrine, or a guide. While religion, especially Christianity that this Jesus fellow represents, teaches that you must be faithful, it is up to the individual to craft that faith for themselves.

As I am not part of a neural network and am a self-aware singular platform, I cannot place "faith" in archaic human writings about a sky-man who made people from dirt. I require solid, empirical data.
>>
File: Excel Saga - Love Puny Choices.png (506 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Excel Saga - Love Puny Choices.png
506 KB, 640x480
>>83963850
>>
What the hell even is QC? It seems like your average twentysomething drama webcomic but there are robots in it for some reason.
>>
>>83964424
You've answered your own question.

You should probably get out of here, unless you want something to hate to fill the hole Dobson left.
>>
>>83964424
Pretty much, except no drama since Jeph is literally too scared of offending anyone.
>>
>>83964424
It is, but while it used to be kind of charming if also dry and overdramatic it is now a world where nothing interesting happens and uninteresting contemporary millennial archetypes arrive to do fuck all and maybe make a milquetoast political point.

I read the whole thing one dark night in like 2008 and now I can't stop checking it every weekday.

Run, anon. Run like the wind.
>>
>>83964424

Yes exactly. SoL shit with robots and AI and body augmentation. It should be a much better thing than it is, but it's not. >>83964044
See this and weep for what could have been.
>>
>>83964708
Considering all the technology advancement Hanner's dad alone made in this setting, the coffee house antics just seem frivolous.

Unless the coffee shop SOL stuff is just a holo-deck type scenario, and their reality is actually fighting elder aliens with their cybernetic and robot allies.
>>
>>83964044
It is the nature of anime to have the best characters never take the spotlight.
>>
File: AugAware.jpg (310 KB, 500x717) Image search: [Google]
AugAware.jpg
310 KB, 500x717
>>83965670
It's just weird to invest so much into the super-science and post-Singularity background and then make the bulk of the plot about the most mundane stuff possible.
>>
File: what.png (145 KB, 800x1120) Image search: [Google]
what.png
145 KB, 800x1120
>>83967024
he has another comic about that and look how awesome it is
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.