[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spider-Man Dead No More
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (483 KB, 1570x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
483 KB, 1570x1200
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/16/marvel-spider-man-clone-conspiracy
>>“I think more than any character in the Marvel Universe, Spider-Man is about heart,” Slott says. “And ever since Amazing Fantasy #15, for him it’s also been about loss. ‘With great power comes great responsibility.’ He learns that lesson at the life of Uncle Ben. And then, years later, Captain Stacy dies in front of him, and it’s almost the exact opposite. He did everything he possibly could! He did try to live up to his responsibility and use his power, and still he lost someone very dear to him. So loss surrounds Spider-Man. We live in a day and age of comics where you’re always seeing another important death. ‘Here’s someone who dies!’ We’re subverting all of that. Here’s people coming back.”
>We live in a day and age of comics where you’re always seeing another important death. ‘Here’s someone who dies!’ We’re subverting all of that. Here’s people coming back.”
Wow....is /co/ ready for the most original comic book story?!!!
>>
>>83958970
>People coming back to life
>In comic books
WOW, TRULY DAN SLOTT IS A MASTERFUL WRITER WITH FRESH AND ORIGINAL IDEAS
>>
>>83958970

the only person who should be coming back to life is Otto.
>>
File: opm okay.gif (2 MB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
opm okay.gif
2 MB, 500x300
>>83958970
>when the mini event is over
>all the characters that have stayed dead for a long time will be dead again
>some of the characters that recently died will stay alive
>status quo reigns supreme
>>
>>83959013
Not only is he acting like revivals is a big deal, he's doing it in a story that's a Clone Saga follow up.
>>
File: hell hal.png (129 KB, 341x279) Image search: [Google]
hell hal.png
129 KB, 341x279
>Slott is completely out of ideas
>he won't leave until he dies because spider man's sales will never dip too low
>>
File: What the Fuck Am I Reading.jpg (219 KB, 768x829) Image search: [Google]
What the Fuck Am I Reading.jpg
219 KB, 768x829
>>83958970
Why won't Slott just die /co/? What did we do to deserve this?
>>
>>83959050
And that's pretty much expected.
>>
>>83959293
People bought. They bought and with the ink of the dollar, they have penned our doom.
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 1540x494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 1540x494
>>
>random-ass people whose deaths were untouchable cornerstones of character development will be brought back as gimmicks
>loving marriage between Spider-Man and Mary Jane remains tossed in garbage because angry fans read books and teens can't relate to happy couples

we're in the wrong world
>>
>>83959941
Angry people and teens? that's what's wrong in the world
>>
>>83958970
>More Clone Saga
Really?
>>
File: cardiac.jpg (22 KB, 336x350) Image search: [Google]
cardiac.jpg
22 KB, 336x350
>>83958970
>more than any character in the Marvel Universe, Spider-Man is about heart

Agree to disagree
>>
>>83959913
Since Aunt May is dying (again), who will Peter make a deal with to save her life?
>>
>>83959913
It says Jackal.

Also
>that some friends and family are clones

Fucking really? Although I guess that would fit in with that other thread with one anon's belief that the Iron Spider MJ is actually an MJ clone.
>>
>>83960947

Good character desu. Ninties Spider was based.
>>
>>83962073
>MJ clone
getting flashbacks to the MJ water clone from SPM:TAS
>>
>>83962073
I could see Slott making Mary Jane a clone. Who else would secretly be a clone? Harry?
>>
File: Saitama ok.png (92 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Saitama ok.png
92 KB, 500x375
>>83958970
>NOTHING WILL BE THE SAME AGAIN!
>>
>>83962992
This time is for realz, anon!
>>
File: sadface_finn.png (162 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
sadface_finn.png
162 KB, 500x282
>>83958970
>We live in a day and age of comics where you’re always seeing another important death.
And none of them is Slott
>>
File: Yeah right Raiden.png (191 KB, 669x345) Image search: [Google]
Yeah right Raiden.png
191 KB, 669x345
>>83958970
>We live in a day and age of comics where you’re always seeing another important death.
>>
>>83962979
Aunt may bf who dies.
>>
As long as Kaine comes back alive an stays alive the event will be worth it.
>>
>>83959913
>Spock
>A clone
hahahahahaha, he hates clones so much. That would be the perfect way for Spock to come back.
>>
the teens are the new nineties.
>>
>>83959050
I mean, he's right there in the promo image

he's literally attacking Spider-Man

>>83958970
>implying this is the first time Unca Ben has ever come back for a limited time only
>>
I'll never get the hate for Slott on this board you guys are such a fickle bunch.. This shit didnt start until Superior Spider-Man. I remember back in like 2008-9 when Slott was part of the Spider-Man writing collective his storied were praised. New Ways to Die His Mr Negative stories his Anti Venom stories the Paper Doll issues. Even some of his Big Time stuff in 2010 was loved like his amazing Vulture story. Also I remember his Mighty Avenger She Hulk and Imitative stuff being treated like gold here...

Idk where I'm going with this to be honest.. I guess I'm just pissed with how fickle and wavering this "fan base can be. I agree that Regent is a shitty character and that Clones/Rebirth is over done but come on it's like if its cool to hate that's the was everyone is going to go.
>>
>>83963917
I was enjoying Slott's Spidey stuff all the way upto the end of Superior. The AMS volume following that was weak and te Spider-Verse story just bad. I found the current volume to be pretty mediocre before dropping it. I also wasn't a fan of his Silver Surfer.

But I don't retroactively hate his older stuff, and I won't avoid new things he writes. I just think Spider-Man needs fresh blood and that his writing on it is not as good as it once was.
>>
>>83963917
>This shit didnt start until Superior Spider-Man.

No, it started a little before that. I know there was a lot of complaining about Alpha. It just really fucking escalated with Superior.
>>
>>83960947
What happened to him? Slott was using him a lot as recently as Goblin Nation
>>
>>83964031
>I just think Spider-Man needs fresh blood and that his writing on it is not as good as it once was.

I don't disagree with this 8 years on a single character can be a bit much.
>>
>>83963374
He's the only reason I'm picking Slott's Spidey back up.
>>
>>83964052
Slott bailed on Alpha when he was received so poorly though, now he laughs maniacally and ramps up whatever people complain about
>>
>>83963917
It's possible for a previous decent creator to become shit. Did you watch that Francis Ford Coppola movie about vampires from a few years ago, Twixt or something like that? It fucking sucked as has almost every movie he's made since Dracula. Am I fickle for acknowledging that he ain't as good as he used to be?
>>
>>83963917
LE CRAZY TOWN BANANA PANTS
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.