[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Justice League
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
Justice League recap

>Zack Snyder said Jack Kirby’s New Gods influenced the Justice League movie.
>Steppenwolf is the villain, but they haven’t closed on the actor’s contract yet so they couldn’t reveal who will be playing him.
>The movie’s MacGuffin are the three Mother Boxes and who controls them. There are three and they belong to mankind, the Amazonians and in Atlantis with Aquaman and his people. Each looks similar but they are distinctive by color (red, silver and brownish) and the symbols and shapes of the designs on the boxes themselves.
>Justice League is about the purpose of being a hero. Batman was hit hard by the death of Superman and he feels like he didn’t honor him while alive. He wants to make it up to him and also protect the planet from an incoming threat.
>The producers wouldn’t comment on the way Superman is in the film. But based on what I saw and learned I’d say Superman isn’t in the first half of the film and might not be returning until close to the third act.
>When comparing the version of Wonder Woman we’ll see in Justice League to Batman v Superman and her solo film, Gadot said, “The Wonder Woman we see in the Justice League is similar to the Wonder Woman we saw on BvS. The Wonder Woman that you’ll see in the solo movie she’s different…it’s the coming of age story. It’s about her becoming an adult really. From a child to adult and understanding the complexities of life and human beings.”
>Cyborg’s suit can enlarge when provoked or when he goes into battle mode
>When we first meet up with Flash the suit he’s wearing is a prototype. From what I gathered, it seems that Barry Allen may have broken into NASA and is using 3D printers to help make the outfit protect him when running at super speed.
>Producer Debbie Snyder confirmed Amber Heard is still playing Mera in Justice League.
>Alfred and Bruce Wayne develop a lot of tech for the members of the Justice League.
>>
File: batman-v-superman-steppenwolf.png (561 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
batman-v-superman-steppenwolf.png
561 KB, 800x450
>>83956041
Concept art seen in office:

>A massive silhouette of Steppenwolf. The poster was at least four feet tall and showed his horns and a claw of some kind on his left hand.
>Wonder Woman standing near the Batmobile fighting creatures with wings (Parademons).
>The Nightcrawler (a variation on the Batmobile which has the typical control area with four massive legs that resemble a spiders legs and can get to areas a normal car or plane can’t) inside a tunnel between Metropolis and Gotham.
>A new vehicle (on the artwork called a troopcarrier but I believe it will be called the Flying Fox) that Batman has brought in with three levels and in the artwork you can see the top level is where the controls are, the middle level had Flash walking around and the lower level featured Aquaman and Cyborg. Imagine a much bigger Quinjet from the Marvel universe.
>A very cool looking water scene that had a huge looking vehicle sitting in the middle of a large body of water with the back open and Flash, Aquaman, Batman and Cyborg climbing aboard.
>Barry Allen’s apartment which features multiple TVs and looks like it’s off the beaten path.
>A cool picture inside the Batjet showing Batman, Aquaman and Wonder Woman flying together.
>A number of pictures of concept art from inside S.T.A.R. Labs.
>Alfred manning the gunner station inside the Flying Fox.
>>
>>83956065
Overall Impressions from reporters.

While still a Zack Snyder movie, the team has listened to some of the criticisms and Justice League aims to provide a more traditional super hero story rather than a deconstructionist one, with a lighter tone and more camaraderie.

While JL being lighter than BvS was always the plan, it seems the reception to BvS more than likely drove home the focus that it should be more fun, while not necessarily going full retard, or rather full marvel.
>>
They still fucked up the Flash costume didnt they? No lighting ears=legit mad
>>
>>83956191
They confirmed there's ears

>The Flash logo on his chest is gold, as well as his belt and pieces at the elbows, shoes, and ears
http://www.slashfilm.com/justice-league-set-visit/2/
>>
It seems like most of the humor is coming from all the different characters bouncing off of each other. For as much as people bitch about MCU quipping, that sort of thing is really what I loved about the two Avengers movies, so I hope it works out here too.
>>
>>
>>83956223
Yeah but it doesnt say if theyre the actual ears or just decals like what we've seen before from set pics and art. When they say a design thats very Marvel I think of Caps cowl and thats bullshit.
>>
Nothing can save emo superman.

Nothing can save skinny Wonder Woman.

Nothing can save homeless flash.

Nothing can save non blonde aqua man.

Nothing can save us from Zach Snyder and his cunt wife.
>>
>>83956325
>homeless flash
but he lives in an apartment
>>
>>83956370

Never mind, he's on a roll.
>>
>>83956325

>marvelcucks on suicide watch

baka
>>
>>83956470
Go back to /tv/ you know nothing of comics.
>>
File: 6547.jpg (33 KB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
6547.jpg
33 KB, 427x240
>>83956280

There's something familiar about this I can't quite put my finger on...
>>
>>83956498
>impying anyone on /co/ knows shit about comics, really it's all tumblr tier cartoons.
>>
>>83956537
I come here strictly for the comics. Cartoons are for faggots and little kids.
>>
Sounds like the rumors from a while back were true. So if you wanted this movie to have4 basically the same story as Avengers (evil alien leads invasion on behalf of bigger evil alien to secure cube-shaped MacGuffin) you get your wish.
>>
>>83956568
Honestly I hated Johns new52 JL origin, it was even worse when animated in JL War. I would have rather seen Brainiac, or Mongul, or hell Starro
>>
So...are they going to fix Superman?
>>
>>83956065
>yfw Steppenwolf will literally be the size of the poster

Steppenmanlet incoming
>>
File: 3347433-steppenwolf.jpg (2 MB, 1366x2099) Image search: [Google]
3347433-steppenwolf.jpg
2 MB, 1366x2099
>>83956065
Fucking hell, I don't want the New Gods to be monsters. Steppenwolf looks like a guy, damn it.
>>
>>83956649
Theres a small chance they'll say the hologram was a log about Yuga Khan, Darkseids father
>>
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 500x375
Steppenwolf in BVS looks like the aliens from Independence Day.

Mfw
>>
So where's the source on this? All the other stuff I find is just the super low-detailed report about the plot.
>>
>>83956759
Collider
>>
>>83956649
It could be like that could just be an image that Steppenwolf chose to project, to instill fear into whoever contacted him and when he comes out he's just in his normal outfit
>>
So superman has been reduced to a plot device?

Why is the man of steel always getting the shaft?
>>
>>83956813
>Man of KEKED
>>
So according to CBR, Dafoe is playing Vulko. Pretty big fucking waste.
>>
>>83956041
>Batman was hit hard by the death of Superman and he feels like he didn’t honor him while alive

I keep saying this guy should get a lot of flack for being one of the reasons why Supes is "dead".
>>
>>83956124
>or rather full marvel.
I understand that reference.
http://www.slashfilm.com/justice-league-set-visit/
>>
>>83956124
>not necessarily going full retard, or rather full marvel
Too late. The transcripts I've read from press that were on set sounded fucking cringe-worthy. I hope they were just remembering it wrong, or viewing it through some sort of feverish quip-lens.
>>
>Snyder is totally going to start acting Presidential now that he has the nomination
>>
File: feels dc.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
feels dc.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>83956124
>while not necessarily going full retard, or rather full marvel.
>>
>Alfred and Bruce Wayne develop a lot of tech for the members of the Justice League.

Batman I'm glad you're such good friends with industrialist millionaire Bruce Wayne. He helps us out with so much
>>
>>83956470
>BvS did so well only Marvelcucks would want to see any changes
>>
Anyone have the leak from a while ago that got the plot right? I remember the mentioning the three motherboxes and everything else.
>>
>>83956280
This is the third transcript I've read of the scene, and they all suck in different ways. I hope the actual scene is a bit more subtle than these sperglords mis-remember it.
>>
I can't wait to see Snyder fuck up the New Gods, too. Based Snyder fuck my bitches
>>
>>83956649
>>83956700
>>83956801
I think its more likely that he's wearing a heavy suit of armor, that will actually have colors and tones when he shows up in person.
>>
>>83956041
>Zack Snyder said Jack Kirby’s New Gods influenced the Justice League movie.

I'm sure he will fill the movie with panel homages to prove he understands Kirby's New Gods
>>
>>83956615
But the original Silver Age origin of the JL was them stopping Starro the Conqueror from conquering Earth.
>>
>>83957006
IIRC
>Darkseid tried to invade earth thousands of years ago
>Was repelled by the combined efforts of humans, atlanteans, and amazons
>Left 3 motherboxes on earth
>Plot is basically hunt for boxes
>>
>>83957045
Yeah thats why I listed him. But fat chance in hell of that ever happening
>>
>>83956992
Secret identities haven't been a big deal in the DCEU so far. Lex casually name drops Supes and Bats out of nowhere.
>>
>>83957080
It would happen if Johns was in charge earlier
>>
>>83956325
>I am a superficial man-child
Gotcha.
>>
It's looking more and more like Suicide Squad is the DCEU's last, desperate hope to stave off complete collapse.

We might seriously need to set up a suicide watch sticky for DC fans.
>>
>>83957006
>>83957052
Plus Black Canary leading the humans
>>
>>83957090
>I refuse to acknowledge the criticisms that tanked BvS

Gotcha. The Snyder formula has worked so well so far, just stay the course.
>>
So is cyborg going to be one of the mother boxes? And if so does it all come down to him in the end? And if so does that mean the whole world is going to be saved by cyborg?

Top kek
>>
>>83956280

> doesn't know what Barry Allen's powers are
> throws a goddamn knife at his face

What the shit, Bruce. If he had any other power you would have grievously harmed him for shits and giggles.

This is not how you recruit people.
>>
New Frontier is the GOAT Justice League origin, and honestly one of the GOAT cape books.
>>
File: starro-full-02.jpg (91 KB, 643x900) Image search: [Google]
starro-full-02.jpg
91 KB, 643x900
I do love this Silver Age plot and calling a twist now. Starro on Steppenwolf.
>>
>>83957080
This is one thing Marvel does much better: embracing the goofier aspects of their characters.

DC always seems ashamed of their properties and so tries desperately to make them "adult". I wish they'd embrace the comic books and throw in awesome ridiculous stuff like Starro.

The DCU is bursting at the seams with awesome ideas, characters, creatures, etc. WB is pointlessly closing off so much great material in trying to be "serious".
>>
>>83957134
>>doesn't know what Barry Allen's powers are

You are a retard
>>
File: 1466370869287.png (270 KB, 807x1000) Image search: [Google]
1466370869287.png
270 KB, 807x1000
>>83956563
You guys just bitch in company wars.
>>
>>83957090
>I green text when I'm angry and people don't write what make the squirrels in my head stop hurting.
>>
>>83957156
Jesus Christ, just watch Batman: Brave and the Bold, and shut the fuck up, you casual.
>>
>>83956801

I wonder if they're going to go the Final Crisis route and have the New Gods also have human avatars on Earth.
>>
>>83956649

But anon, people wearing costumes look stupid doing anything but fighting. If we want Steppenwolf to be the primary villain, he needs some characterization. And for that he needs to talk.

People in costumes can't talk, thats stupid looking. Costumes are just for fighting.

Zack said so himself.
>>
>>83957163
I like both company's. It's just a shame that dc makes such bad comic book movie decisions.
>>
>>83956844

Yeah I remember we were expecting him to be one of the New Gods. I'm disappointed too.

>>83957086

Not to mention he reveals himself as Batman the first time he talks to Barry.
>>
>>83957117
>thinking those criticisms are valid
I bet you listen to what all the critics tell you. After all, they get paid to be the best!
>>
File: 1451323132968.jpg (655 KB, 1024x1554) Image search: [Google]
1451323132968.jpg
655 KB, 1024x1554
>>83956041
This all sounds great to me. Straight forward plot and the League coming together.

Sign me up for some Aquaman action.
>>
File: sticker,375x360.png (48 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
sticker,375x360.png
48 KB, 375x360
>>83956124
>the Marvel is inmature, DC 2deep4u meme

Why are snydercucks so assblasted?

Can't wait for them going full "JL is shit" contrarian mode while everyone else and the critics praise the change of direction.
>>
File: 1454235571450.jpg (113 KB, 919x1077) Image search: [Google]
1454235571450.jpg
113 KB, 919x1077
>>83956325
DCEU Aquaman bothers me more than I thought it would, I'm all for pushing "Aquaman isn't really lame, guys" but DCEU Aquaman seems too try hard, looks more like a villain than anything else.

Wouldn't be a terrible Ocean Master in all honesty.
>>
>>83957192
>watch
>cartoons

We're talking about the movies here, Junior.

The DC animated stuff is always universally praised. They obviously don't have a problem embracing their full universe in animation, but they clearly don't in the live-action movies.

I can tell thinking and reading aren't your strong suits, but please try to keep up.
>>
>>83957220

I'm excited to see how they do Atlantis too.

Only thing that worries me from what we've heard is the idea that they're shrinking it down into a single self-contained movie.
>>
>You know, when Batman v Superman first came out, I was like, “Wow, okay, woof.” It did catch me off-guard. I kind of felt like — and I have had to, in my mind, make an adjustment, and maybe it is my hardcore take on characters as far as I love ’em, and I love the material. I do, I take it really deep. So I think the nice thing about working on Justice League is that it is an opportunity to really blow the doors off of the scale and the bad guys and team-building and all the stuff that I think I could justify as a big, modern comic book movie, if that makes any sense.

Meanwhile, just off screen you can hear a gun cock.
>>
>>83957097

Wonder Woman is actually their last chance. They have already started shooting that.

Unless WB are goddamn idiots and didn't set aside enough budget to complete the film before starting it, the WW movie is already paid for.

They would have to be in some seriously dire straits for it to be worth canceling the movie mid production just to rescue whatever cash they invested into it.
>>
>>83957224
>inmature
Back to school, Junior.
>>
>>83957213
You are still deflecting and not accepting that the movie was shit. Who is the basement dweller now?
>>
>>83957233
Im worried theyre going for the JLU animated Arthur where hes a dick towards surface dwellers instead of the middle ground king pulled by two worlds
>>
>>83957163
No. The company wars thing is entirely one-sided, coming from DC fans.

They take any criticism of DC movies as "company wars", but that's ridiculous. I bet everyone commenting in these threads loves DC characters too. It's not a Marvel vs. DC thing.

People criticize the movies becuase THEY FUCKING SUCK. We WANT good DC movies. We love Batman and Superman and want good films with them. What we're getting is worthless garbage.

Any actual fan wants the same thing.
>>
>>83957157

Bruce literally says, moments prior, that he knows Barry has powers but doesn't know what they are.
>>
>>83956041
>Yet another DC movie where Superman is a minor character despite getting topen billing
10/10 PRAISE SNYDER
>>
I'm laughing really hard at this because how much would it have helped BVS to have taken all the anti-hero junk and shove it into G. Gordon Godfrey? And you lay groundwork for New Gods
>>
>>83957193
Tbh that sounds a lot more plausible than what I posted m8, but who knows
>>
>>83957272
That is probably what we're getting. Arthur will be a bit of a xenophobe for the first movie but come around in the second.
>>
>>83957238
why do the movies have to encompass the goofy stuff, though? People always seem to look at the movies as the be-all-end-all, when really I think the movies should play to their strength. Having a darker universe is more suited to cinema, while we already have cartoons and comics that are just rolling in the goofy shit. Why retread it?
>>
>>83957213
>After all, they get paid to be the best!

Are there actually people who realy believe that the negative critical reception was all due to Disney bribes? I thought that was just jokes and trolling.

Are people really this delusional?
>>
>>83957285
>being this literal

sorry anon you are too dumb for a movie by the director of 300
>>
>>83957238
>We're talking about the movies here, Junior.
Ah, right. We are on /tv/ after all.
>>
>>83957265
XDD upvoted
>>
>>83956124
>I only enjoy mature superhero films for mature adults like myself
Zack Snyder is a hack and no amount of brand loyalty-fuelled denial will ever change that
>>
>>83957321

I don't know. I actually enjoyed BvS a lot, but I can't tell if the people who pretend like it's a flawless masterpiece, or that everything wrong with it will magically fix itself and be erased with the releases of Ultimate Cut and Justice League are actually serious or false-flag trolling.
>>
>>83957282
>company wars is just one sided
>coming from the Marvelfags who post laughingevans.jpg in every DCEU thread and other shit

Not taking any sides, but seriously this company war bullshit has to stop before this board gets to /v/ or /tv/ levels of retarded
>>
>>83957321
>Are there actually people who realy believe that the negative critical reception was all due to Disney bribes?

No, the main source of criticism is that the movie is a tragedy and that doesnt fit well with blockbuster action movies
>>
Is this it? Is this the thing fans would lose their minds over?
>>
>>83957249
> So I think the nice thing about working on Justice League is that it is an opportunity to really blow the doors off of the scale and the bad guys and team-building and all the stuff that I think I could justify as a big, modern comic book movie

So Snyder thinks that the problems people had with BvS will be solves if he just goes BIGGER this time? That no one will care about the shitty editing that left massive plot holes, no characterization, and abysmal dialog as long as he makes the movie Epic enough?
>>
>>83957364
>before

We're already there as far as I'm concerned. Only thing saving this board are Storytime threads as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>83957364
>Not taking any sides, but seriously this company war bullshit has to stop before this board gets to /v/ or /tv/ levels of retarded
Way too fucking late, anon.
>>
>>83957315
>why do the movies have to encompass the goofy stuff, though?

Because it's awesome? Because DC has 80 years of goofy and weird shit to play with and trying to avoid that just hurts and limits the creative process? Because a desperate desire to appear adult and consicuously reject "childish" things is the hallmark of the insecure adolescent?

>Why retread it?

Because it's what audiences want to see. They demonstrably don't want to see Snyder's shit.

Darker only works with Bats ala Nolan. Audiences don't want that for Supes or GL or the rest. From them they want awesome, fun adventures.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 320x320
>>83956124
>Justice League aims to provide a more traditional super hero story rather than a deconstructionist one

>implying BvS deconstructed anything
>>
>>83956470
>This much denial
>>
>>83957251
WW and JL are a lock obviously, they are filming. And they will make a solo Batfleck movie, that is a no brainer. It's Batman.

Anything beyond that I think could get cancelled.
>>
File: NEsccUxpJl7Jvz_1_5.jpg (173 KB, 600x366) Image search: [Google]
NEsccUxpJl7Jvz_1_5.jpg
173 KB, 600x366
>>83957373
I'm a fan and I am okay with this synopsis.
>>
So.......how we going to hamfist Clark back into this plot without it being retarded? Because I swear to god if he just swoops in at the end to fix everything Im going to be pissed
>>
>The team talks among themselves for a moment, which in and of itself is a miracle in a Zack Snyder superhero movie. They’re all in costume and they’re talking to each other. For reference, here’s Zack in an Empire Magazine interview explaining why he doesn’t like characters in costume conversing:

>"I kinda came to the conclusion also that they couldn't really talk in their suits, um, with any credibility..."

>"... more than 4 or 5 lines and you start to notice, like wait, these are two guys ... one guys dressed up like a bat and the other has a big red 'S' on his chest, and they're being super serious about how mad they are at each other..."

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/21/a-hater-tours-the-justice-league-set
>>
>>83957044

I have zero doubts he will understand kirby better than Johns
>>
>>83956530
You didn't see that coming?
>>
>>83957364
/co/ has never been much better than /v/.
It's been like two steps away from being /v/ at most.
>>
>>83957416
Snyder is dead inside
>>
>>83957380
>>83957384
I mean I would consider us to be pretty close to retarded levels but just not there yet. Yea a lot of the story times and actual comic book discussions are what's keeping this board sorta good so far, unlike /tv/ and /v/ which are just shitposting central
>>
>>83957368

The only thing tragic about BvS how bad its dialog is. Brings me to tears every time I think about it.
>>
>>83957373

>people making movie say movie will be good

yeah weak. at least there's some good salty fanboys

>>83957416

maybe someone should show snyder good costumes
>>
>>83956615
>We'll never have George Miller's perfecthe JLA movie that was light-hearted but also massive in scale, stayed true to the source material, and ended with the newlyrics official Justice Leage going to fight Starro
>>
File: 1465618241000.jpg (45 KB, 376x395) Image search: [Google]
1465618241000.jpg
45 KB, 376x395
No Superman, no care.

And if they go the Injustice route then holy fuck, this is gonna be a massive shitstorm
>>
>>83957414

Mother Box shenanigans? I dunno.
>>
>>83957438
Mostly its /tv/ invading the board, but with injustice 2 announced /v/ suddenly is becoming an issue again
>>
>>83957338
>Ah, right. We are on /tv/ after all.

I see you haven't mastered this whole reading thing yet.

If you scroll up to the top you'll find what's called the original post, which provides the topic of this discussion.

You'll notice that the OP is about the upcoming Justice League movie, and that the ensuing discussion has been about the DC movies.

Take a second to think carefully about what this means.
>>
>>83956649
That's dumb though.
Comics are dumb and for nerds and children.
This is serious cinema here, so Steppenwolf needs to be like a big alien monster, so as to be a believable threat.
Also no one can call him Steppenwolf, because that's a dumb name.
>>
>>83957458

i like the theory that was the plan but when everyone hated bvs they swerved
>>
>>83957441
You have no idea what a Tragedy is
>>
>>83957368
>No, the main source of criticism is that the movie is a tragedy

Except that's literally not what most of the criticism is about or what the critics have said.
>>
>>83956813
Because that's what happens when you here a director who doesn't understand the source material to the point that he holds practical contempt towards it.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>Zack Snyder promoting Justice League.jpg
>>
I am looking forward to Justice League. I am also looking forward to a great deal of handwringing about how Zack Snyder is the superhero anti-Christ and ruining All The Movies.
>>
>>83957282
>We love Batman and Superman and want good films with them. What we're getting is worthless garbage.

Pretty much this
>>
>>83957492
>Snyder makes a movie about superman as a sun god
>Dumbass on /co/ thinks Steppenwolf will be just an alien
>>
>>83957410

Naw, see, they can't admit to be holding off production on anything without announcing weakness. They need to keep putting new movies into production in order to keep the franchise going, because if they wait to see how the next movie turns out before making that decision, its basically suicide.

So unless they fake putting a movie into production but just movie money around and keep quiet to see how Justice League does, they either have to start production on even more movies by the time it comes out, or admit that the DCEU failed and they are giving up before JL part 1 hits screens.

This is the same problem that got them into this mess where they realized the hole BvS has dug for them too late to actually stop and change anything in time for Justice League. They went full steam ahead right out the gate, so their only choice to any problem or criticism is to charge directly ahead and hope they can simply outrun it or power through it on sheer momentum.
>>
>>83957097
>Suicide Squad is the only chance DC has of getting off suicide watch
Heh
>>
>>83957378
He really is just a stupid dudebro...
>>
>>83957294
Of Fuck Zack Snyder. I need a good Superman movie.
>>
>>83957441
nigger, BvS literally has the best dialogue of any cape movie
>>
>>83957410
>And they will make a solo Batfleck movie, that is a no brainer. It's Batman.

A movie featuring two of the most popular and recognizable characters in the world, Batman and Superman, was regarded as a no brainer guaranteed money maker too, anon.
>>
>>83957577

>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!?
>>
The problem with the DCEU is that it feels rushed and nonsensical. Rather than tying everything nicely like the MCU and having some semblance of continuity, they have decided to separate both television and movie canons, when they could have had unified it and use it as a platform for world building. Moreover, Mohammed BatAfflecki should have gotten his own movie prior to BvS so as to familiarize audiences to the character, specially after Bale had become a household name portraying Batman.
>>
>>83957414
>So.......how we going to hamfist Clark back

That's a good question. How will they bring CLARK back?

Supes you can handwave something, but Clark Kent is as far as everyone knows a normal human who died. There was a funeral.

How is he supposed to come back?
>>
>>83957294
Maybe you'd be better off just watching Superman on the CW through Supergirl, m8. That seems more up your speed.
>>
File: HAHAHA NO.gif (498 KB, 300x222) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHA NO.gif
498 KB, 300x222
>>83957577
Yeah you keep thinking that
>>
>>83957213
>Actually thinking BvS was so good that the only possible explanation for its shifty reception was that every critic was paid off
You've either got shit taste in movies or you're an idiot.
Maybe both.
>>
>>83956967
it's alright to like the disney movies, anon, but its also alright to dislike them. don't be so defensive :3
>>
>>83957600
>i want the terrible shitty TV shows as part of the movies
>>
>>83957285
Bruce is detective man, he put two and two together for fast response.
>>
>>83957233
I'm excited, he looks pretty rad.
Seems like he'll be the Wolverine or the Raphael of the group, which works fine.
>>
>>83956530
Xmen does a good speedster
>>
>>83957600
You had me up until the tv connection. Fuck that CW shlock
>>
>>83957608
>How will they bring CLARK back?

Witness protection, had to fake his own death. blah blah blah
>>
>>83957438
I'm starting to think "/v/ is shitposting central but /co/ isn't" is just a meme. I don't see how someone could browse /co/ and /v/ and be convinced that this is true.
>>
>>83956280
>nobody even talking about the Grodd tease here
>>
>>83957436
Snyder is, literally, Darkseid.

Darkseid saw what Grant Morrison was doing, crossing the fiction/reality barrier, and learned a lesson. He's come to our world to strip our icons and symbols of hope and joy, inculcating the despair and hopelessness he desires to spread.

SNYDER IS
>>
File: aaron-randall-theflash-color.jpg (155 KB, 1260x1575) Image search: [Google]
aaron-randall-theflash-color.jpg
155 KB, 1260x1575
Im serious, if they havent fixed the Flash costume I will riot
>>
>>83957577
Shitty bait
>>
>>83957615
I mean it'd be hard for it to be worse than BvS.
>>
>>83957650
>Seems like he'll be the Wolverine or the Raphael of the group, which works fine.
But that's already Batman, so it doesn't work fine. And the only be mocked for trying to make the guy who's known as "the one who talks to fish" edgy and cool.
>>
>>83957667
>Gorilla sign language
Oh shit I missed that, thats pretty funny. Doubt he exists yet
>>
WTF NO MAN OF STEEL 2 BEING RISE OF THE SUPERMAN IMPOSTERS LIKE AFTER DEATH OF SUPERMAN SNYDERS A HACK
>>
>>83957449
Fuck. George Miller just knocked it out of the park with the last Mad Max movie. Why didn't he get the DCEU helm?
>>
>>83957514

BvS can't be a Tragedy, because a Tragedy is about the downfall of the main character to some combination of internal and external forces.

Superman isn't the main character of BvS. Batman is. The entire title-fight dynamic is seen from, and driven by, Batman's point of view.

Superman is just a force of nature wearing a skin suit that the rest of the cast reacts to the presence of. He is a premise, not a character. He drives the plot simply by existing, not by having any kind of motivation or characterization.

Superman in BvS only has character in that the movie has effectively outsourced all of it to Man of Steel. Superman has a character in MoS, so that means we don't have to give him one in BvS. The audience just needs to remember that Superman used to have a character and let that credit carry them forward into caring about Superman this time too.
>>
>>83957608
Why are you still assuming they're going to?
>>
Im going to be honest here, Im more excited about Injustice 2 than Justice League at this point
>>
>>83956041
Let's hope this movie isn't as up itself as much as BvS was.
>>
>>83957600
Yea can't wait to have the Suicide Squad with no Amanda Waller, a Ra's who obbessed with Oliver Queen and Felecity nuking everyone with no conquence while Supes gets flack for saving a little girl.
>>
>>83957531
No, Snyder clearly believes his own bullshit.

He'd be the Communist True Believer who is railing against capitalism while waiting in the blocks-long breadline wearing filthy rags in a crumbling city.

He legitimately seems to think his approach is the best way.
>>
>>83956041
>>Zack Snyder said Jack Kirby’s New Gods influenced the Justice League movie.
>Yet there's no Jimmy Olsen
I'm not happy, Snyder.
>>
>>83956649
I kinda want that too, HOWEVER the main reason why I imagine they wouldn't is if they put Ares in his traditional armor then its likely they would look too similar.
>>
>>83957707
But imagine how he would look on a real budget
>>
>>83957764

Good point.

Jimmy Olsen is already dead after all.
>>
>>83957608
>How will they bring CLARK back?
....You still haven't gotten it that snyder doesn't give a fuck about superman or his cast.
>>
>>83957634
>projecting this hard
>>
>>83957657
They literally showed his body in a coffin...HOW ARE THEY GOING TO EXPLAIN THAT?
>>
>>83957639
Bruce is such a great detective he was fooled by a few shitty scrawls on the uncashed checks returned by his ex-employee.
>>
>>83957315
I get your point, but movies are less versatile than cartoons, since they cost more to make.

We had like 4 different cartoon Batmen over the course of the Nolan saga; because movies come out less frequently, they're more of an event. You kinda have to maximize the bang for your buck.

Man of Steel was the first "new" Superman since the Christopher Reeve series. Once a movie is made, we have to accept that this is what we've got for the foreseeable future.

As such, it makes sense that people want it to embrace the source material as much as possible; we get these adaptations infrequently, so why shouldn't each one strive to be a definitive interpretation of the character?

Stuff like the Nolanverse is interesting in an experimental sense, but I still want to see a big screen Batman or Superman that's as faithful as the DCAU type stuff.

There's something about seeing these characters in live action on the big screen that's just cool, but something is lost if it's a less than faithful adaptation or something that seems embarrassed by the source material.
>>
>>83957233
>but DCEU Aquaman seems too try hard, looks more like a villain than anything else.
Bullshit he looks like Poseidon.
>>
>>83957857
And also a villain.
>>
>>83957837

In the movie, it seems like Batman's "investigative skills" consist entirely of shaking down low level punks in order to get the names of higher level punks to shake down, and occasionally using google.

Everything else he needed to know was either handed to him or he stole from someone else.
>>
>>83956065
>vehicles out the ass

at least they're smart enough to push the toys through the movie
>>
>>83956041
It's funny, I just saw the new Independence Day, and that left me more hype for a sequel to that than BvS did for Justice League.

It's not a good thing that Roland Emmerich is leaving me more hyped for a movie than Zack Snyder is.
>>
>>83957882
And also khal drogo
>>
>>83957857
More like 90s Aquaman, without the hook hand
>>
>>83957902
Just like nearly every Batman comic in the past 30 years.
>>
>>83957837
>Abloobloobloo why isn't muh Batman perfect
>>
>>83957857
>Poseidon
>Not a villain
>>
>>83957914
That's because he IS Khal Drogo.

>inb4 that's the joke
>>
>>83957354
>Zack Snyder is a hack and no amount of brand loyalty-fuelled denial will ever change that
But I don't have brand loyalty, Green Lantern was blah and B&R is the single worst movie I have ever seen.
I love MOS becuase it was 90% everything I was begging for in a Superman reboot.
And BVS was... 75% everything I wanted.
>>
>>83957544
>Zack Snyder makes Superman into a dour alien weirdo who never smiles or inspires hope
>Implying it's that much of a stretch that he'd fuck up a villain that no casual has ever heard of that badly too
>>
>>83957359
1.) MOS is my 2nd favorite movie and even I don't think its flawless.
2.) No the Ultimate cut won't fix all of BVS but it will fix the primary complaint of it being edited badly.
>>
>>83957577
DING DING DING>>83957608
>>
>>83957972
MOS your second favorite movie?

>opinion invalid
>>
File: Cle0h1OUkAAJxwY.jpg (68 KB, 640x541) Image search: [Google]
Cle0h1OUkAAJxwY.jpg
68 KB, 640x541
http://www.vulture.com/2016/06/zack-snyder-set-justice-league.html

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHOLY FUCK
>>
>>83957378
But nether mos nor bvs has plot holes.
>>
>>83957675
BvS is a movie about hope you pleb
>>
>>83957233
90's Momoa Aquaman is probably the best thing about the whole situation. The tattoos and the scale armor just look so cool
>>
>>83957909
There's suppose to be a third Independence Day movie??
>>
>>83958000
Top kek blood turns black when it ages it doesn't stay red are they trolling?
>>
>>83957389
>If you simply want believable sci-fi and not camp you must be a child.
Burn the fuck in hell you worthless shit stain are fans of 2001 immature for liking the tone it had?
>>
>>83958020
None of the characters seem very hopeful.
>>
>>83958020
BVS is a movie about hopelessness.
>>
>>83958022
The tattoos and the black and white hair ruin it.
>>
>>83958032
Yeah, Emmerich said there'd be a third movie depending on how well the second movie does.
>>
>>83957608
He's not coming back, anon.
Secret identities are stupid concepts for children's stories.

Clark Kent can't smash stuff or blow up buildings.
Superman is an all-powerful sun god, not a good natured farm boy, get that Saturday morning cartoons shit out of our serious mature cinema experience.
>>
>>83958000

Ah, so it's a period piece.
>>
>>83957882
>And also a villain.
Looking epic and badass does not equal looking evil.
>>
>>83958079
Independence Day is not a movie that should have had a sequel. It looks bad so I'm guessing it's going to bomb.
>>
>>83958108
Okay, but DCEU Aquaman looks evil.
>>
>>83957704
I get where you're coming from, but I feel like there's two kinds of asshole.
Batman is the "smarter than everyone else" kind of asshole when Aquaman is the "prideful king" kind of asshole.

There's room for both, they can make it work.
>>
>>83957726
To be fair, as good as the script was, he's also supported the whole "Superman is burning because nothing can beat him" mindset, so as good as he is, he doesn't get the character.

Still woulda been better than Snyder though, since he actually makes good movies.
>>
>>83957999
>MOS your second favorite movie?
>>opinion invalid
No it just appealed directly to me and did almost everything I ever wanted from a Superman film.

KEY THING, favoritism is not the same thing as greatest in quality, I have seen plenty of better films but I don't have the love or attachment to them that I have with MOS.
>>
>>83957156
If by embracing the goofier aspects of characters you mean literally joking about them. The people making marvels movies are just as ashamed of the source material. None of the Avengers act anything like their comic counterparts.
>>
>>83957793
Well he was murdered in the beginning of BvS because "wouldn't it be funny to kill off this lame goofy old comic character no one likes", so...
>>
>>83958199
Please do mother fucking explain what is required to "get" the mother fucking character and also explain why intentionally doing a alternative vision of the character in a alternate fucking universe equals not getting him. Shit stain.
>>
>>83957823
we never saw above his face or head. all we saw were his hands. all im sayin'
>>
>>83958239
That's my point, I should have really addressed that first though, apologies.
>>
>>83957156
There is nothing about them that needs to be fucking goofy, go back to watching barney and BURN THE FUCK IN HELL!
>>
>>83958020
But there was literally no hope in it.
It was a dreary slog where nothing good or happy happens throughout the entirety of the movie.
The end came off more as sequel bait than "OH BUT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO LEAVE THE THEATER SMILING AND HOPEFUL NOW".
>>
>>83957156
Not being a campy silly dreckass joke in the films does not mean they are ashamed of it in the comics they are just intelligent enough to understand it won't translate without cringe inducing ness.
>>
Affleck and Johns must have guns to Snyder's head by now. Lord willing they'll save this franchise.
>>
>>83958093
Underrated post
>>
>>83958020
despite the fact that i agree with that and genuinely enjoyed bvs, anti-life is about the perversion of hope. its a mathematical proof that hope is worthless because no matter what things will always be the same, shitty, and bad, because that is the will of darkseid
>>
>>83958318
Clark breaking down and stating that "nothing stays good in this world" and then proves it wrong by making 2 incredible sacrifices & redeems Batman sure as fuck is hopeful.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>83958020
>BvS is a movie about hope
>>
>>83958348

Shut up Boco.

Wait...
>>
File: image.gif (386 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
386 KB, 500x281
>>83956124
>or rather full marvel

You were smiling to yourself when you wrote this console wars trash
>>83956124
>>83956124
>>
>>83956124
>deconstruct
Idon'tEvenHaveAnImageAsRetardedAsThisComment.png
>>
>>83958362
Yes ending on a funeral is really inspiring
>>
>>83958362
>redeems Batman
The only thing we've seen about Batman change was that he didn't brand Lex and says "men are still good". Talk is cheap, we have to wait to see how he is in Justice League to see if he was redeemed in any meaningful way.
>>
>>83958333
>>83958407
>>83957531
Heh.
>>
>>83958261
>Being this mad
I'll spell it out simply.
Superman isn't boring because he's got all the powers and no one can beat him
He's INTERESTING because behind these godlike abilities, he's a humble dude raised in Kansas. He's anot everyman who can leap tall buildings in a single bound. He's the physical personification of what the human spirit is capable of; a symbol of hope and what we can strive to be.

The problem with Snyder's take is that he focuses on how Superman's biology is alien, rather than how his heart is wholly human.

Alternate takes are fine, but I don't want a movie about an alternate universe Superman; I want a movie about Superman.

Anyone who says "Superman is boring, he's too powerful" clearly knows nothing about the character beyond that he's "faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, etc".
>>
>>83958444
Yes it is if the person who died, died for the greater good saving possibly billions of lives.
>>
File: 1465846694842.jpg (54 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1465846694842.jpg
54 KB, 479x720
>>83957608
it will be some vague jesus imagery that's nonsensical and stupid as hell and despite that no character in the movie will question it

only you, the viewer, will question it

retards on the internet will proceed to use that fact as a point of debate, arguing that it makes the movie "deep"

please enjoy 10 more years of snyder

t e n
m o r e
y e a r s
>>
>>83958362
They still botched the execution of it, since Superman had all the personality of a hunk of plywood.
I felt nothing when he died, the same way I felt nothing when a building collapsed.

I can see what they were trying get to do, but to pull it off would require subtlety and finesse, and those are skills not found in Zack Snyder's wheelhouse.
>>
>>83958487
Kaptain Kristian? Is that you?

Also, I agree with you.
>>
>>83957391
It was a reference to Debrah Snyder being passive-aggressive about BvS criticism, by saying "Well I guess people just don't like their heroes being deconstructed."
>>
>>83958487
>Superman isn't boring because he's got all the powers and no one can beat him
Agreed.
>The problem with Snyder's take is that he focuses on how Superman's biology is alien, rather than how his heart is wholly human.
But that is a valid fucking path to take.
This is like saying Ultimate Thor is invalid because they made us question if he is actually mythological or not.
>Alternate takes are fine, but I don't want a movie about an alternate universe Superman; I want a movie about Superman.
That makes it not for you, that does not make it bad. Some of us were begging for what we got.
>>
>>83957224
Snyder guys are the worst.

I mostly read DC (not that I hate Marvel or am into company wars), and don't even like the Marvel films that much.

But as soon as I point out Snyder is shit, I get "HAHAHA MARVELDRONE DETECTED"

Like, being that sensitive over superheroes films, to the point where you have an automatic defense mechanism against anybody who shares different opinions from you that sorts them into some sort of homogeneous "outgroup," seems indicative of disordered thinking to me.
>>
>>83958549
Except his entire characterization of Clark is subtle and restrained instead of the smiling retard from the Reeves movies.
>>
>>83958500
>billions of lives

where have i seen this phrase before

is that you, DOUBLE 7.5 BILLION PEOPLE guy? don't lie to me, i can smell your crusty ass from here
>>
>>83958587
Snyder Hugbox?
>>
>>83958569
>Some of us were begging for what we got.
Like fucking who?
>>
>>83958567
I fucking hate it when filmmakers act smug after making a bad movie that people shit on.

I'd honestly have more respect for them and their product if they said something like "we know the reaction wasn't 100% positive, but we're striving to go above and beyond on our next project."

This attitude of "pssh, you sheep just didn't GET our movie, we made some real ART" makes me think "oh, so the next one is gonna be just as shitty if you get your way, cheers."
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 500x375
>>83958093
>>
>>83958569
Begging for what exactly?
>>
>>83958587
No its indicative of people that have been beaten down and bullied by sadist screaming that what they love "ruined" or isn't a valid take on character just because its new and unique. Along with torment shaming people as not being Superman fans if they love MOS.
>>
File: 1419478349213.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1419478349213.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>>83956041
>>83956065
And this is what was going to change everything and make everyone excited?
>>
>>83958627
So now your denying that stopping the world engine, Zod and Doomsday saving the entire human race.
Your desperation is the single most pathetic thing I have ever encountered.
>>
File: 1464085424384.jpg (19 KB, 297x247) Image search: [Google]
1464085424384.jpg
19 KB, 297x247
>>83958569
>some of us were begging for mos's pa kent
>some of us were begging for neck snap
>some of us were begging for man of pointless destruction
>some of us were begging for "i let my father die because..."
>some of us were begging for penis pods
>some of us were begging for "YOU'RE LETTING HIM KILL MARTHA"
>some of us were begging for "DING DING DING DING DING"
>some of us were begging for jars of piss
>>
>>83958612

> Smiling is something only stupid people do. Optimism is for fucking idiots. I am so much happier knowing that my absolute misery is the secret to my superior intelligence and impeccable taste. Except obviously not happy, because joy is the opiate of the subhuman filth with which I refuse to be associated.

Cool.
>>
>>83958640
Me, I prefer Superman to be the light in the darkness, I want him to contextually have something to improve, I prefer the world around him to be dark. The world of the Reeves films does not appear that it would be any better or worse off by Clark's existence. Its a bright happy fairy tale land.
>>
>>83958569
>Some of us were begging for what we got.
Fuck all of you then.
>>
>>83958500
But......even then it didnt feel inspiring. Thats kind of sad. Doesnt really matter what number you put on it
>>
>>83958712
i fucking knew it was you man holy shit you just will not leave these goddamn threads

you have to come in and get your teeth kicked in every single time snyder's name is mentioned, at every hour of the day

i'm just glad i could figure out it's the same fucking guy every time
>>
>>83956124
>While still a Zack Snyder movie, the team has listened to some of the criticisms and Justice League aims to provide a more traditional super hero story rather than a deconstructionist one, with a lighter tone and more camaraderie
This is exactly what they said for BvS too.
It's weird tho, BvS wasn't strictly 'heavy' or 'dark'. It had jokes in it, they just fell completely flat. The movie wasn't fun in the sense that it wasn't enjoyable, not in the sense that it required humor.
>>
>>83958672
>Begging for what exactly?
Earth One/Supreme Power in tone and world building but with a less emo Clark.
>>
We need an outspoken superman. Not some neckbeard introvert that appeals to basement dwelling manchildren.
>>
>>83958750
>Me, I prefer Superman to be the light in the darkness, I want him to contextually have something to improve
Then why is he such a boring, brooding idiot in these films? A personality is something he should have to improve.
>>
>>83958569
An alternate take is fine in a comic or a cartoon.
Those can go through a dozen incarnationations in the span of a few years.

Movie franchises like this have survivability, though.
When they make something that's built to be a franchise, we're basically stuck with whatever they make for the foreseeable future (unless it fails miserably, like ASM2).

Alternate takes are fine, but you can't be surprised when someone is disappointed that the version of a character in the movie series we're stuck with for, let's guess the next decade, is nothing like the source material.

Alternate takes aren't invalid, but unless they surpass the original in popularity (like the more feral, bestial Hulk compared to the more articulate Jekyll/Hyde original), people aren't gon a be super pleased about an alternative ate take being featured in what bills itself as an adaptation, rather than an Elseworlds reimagining.
>>
>>83957615
>implying Wolfclark will be not be far better than Synderkino
>>
>I think Superman was on his way toward something that I – I wanted to get to a Superman that had a reason to be Superman, like a reason to feel the way he felt about humanity, that we all understand from the comic books as far as he’s pretty, as far as a moral compass goes, he’s pretty much the thing. But I feel like he had to go through something to be that. And I’m not saying he shows up in this movie…
Return of classic Superman?
Not this time Snyder you're not reigning me in about Superman until I read reviews
>>
>>83958850
shut the fuck up zack
>>
>>83958734
>>some of us were begging for mos's pa kent
Not exactly but I was hoping for a non niave Pa Kent that actually taught Clark like it is that the world is mostly horrible garage, to actually prepare Clark instead of giving him happy fantasy crap.
>>some of us were begging for neck snap
I am 100% fine with it.
>>some of us were begging for man of pointless destruction
He didn't cause barely any of the destruction and I am absolutely happy that he is not a mary sue that can wave away all consequence and avoid any degree of failure.
>>some of us were begging for "i let my father die because..."
No I was not hoping for that.
>>some of us were begging for penis pods
Yes this 3 second shot has ANY barring on the full films quality, your fucking delusional.
>>some of us were begging for "YOU'RE LETTING HIM KILL MARTHA"
Nope.
>>some of us were begging for "DING DING DING DING DING"
No problem with it.
>>some of us were begging for jars of piss
It sounded horrible when described prior to seeing it but it actually ended up being pretty tense.
>>
>>83957667
I noticed that instantly but I thought more people would have mentioned it by now. That'll be cool.
>>
>>83956041
>Cyborg’s suit can enlarge when provoked or when he goes into battle mode

NIIIIIICE, official first look when??
>>
>>83958750
I actually agree with young except Superman wasn't a beacon of anything in these movies.
He hardly ever smiles and doesn't give a genuine shit about saving anyone who isn't his mom or Lois.
He's quick to anger and acts impulsively.

He feels more like King Kong, with Lois being his Anne Darrow.
>>
>>83958737
>I want Superman to hop with joy while those people in Africa are being shot dead
>I want Superman to enter a Senate hearing about those dead people with a smile on his face
>I want Superman to cheer while his mother is near death
>I want Superman to laugh his ass off as Doomsday causes large scale property damage
Superman isn't "emo" in the Snyderverse. He's just constantly being placed in terrible situations (which are everywhere in the Snyderverse) .
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.