[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite Comics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 15
File: 36 Comics.jpg (1 MB, 1835x1835) Image search: [Google]
36 Comics.jpg
1 MB, 1835x1835
What are your favorite comics? Or the comics you find the best. (I don't really place a distinction between the two)

I like making lists of things and I like seeing other peoples and building lists of things I should read based on them.

I was originally going to make this 3x3 but I couldn't stop at 9 things so 36 it became.
>>
My absolute favorite has to be Jimmy Corrigan, below that it's hard for me to sort, because I love so many things. Top 10 is definitely up there though, so great taste there OP. Hell, it's easier for me to sort into favorites: Deadly Class is probably my favorite current ongoing (though I trade-wait it so no spoilers pls), Secret Warriors is my favorite Marvel series ever, Ostrander's Suicide Squad my favorite of DC, and my favorite single issue is Green Lantern #134.
>>
>>83953420
What is so special about GL #134 to you?
>>
I really enjoy Ostrander's run on the Spectre and wish that all of it was collected so I could finish buying it. Johns' run on JSA was also really good

I have enjoyed all of the Grant Morrison stuff I've ever read, 3rd party and Big 2 stuff. Probably the only single comic author I follow, rather than a character.
>>
File: 3x3.jpg (375 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
3x3.jpg
375 KB, 920x920
>>83952780
These are my top nine, but if I had to pick a definitive favourite it would be Swamp Thing.
>>
>>83952780
Marvel era G.I. Joe
Badger
Punisher when it doesn't suck
Gunsmith Cats
Hitman
Fist of the North Star and all related sequels and spin-offs
Black Lagoon
Bad Police
Appleseed
Ghost in the Shell
Dominion
High Score Girl
Hydra
CYBER Blue
Misappropriation Investigator Nakabo Rintaro
Aterui II-sei
Hana no Keiji
Ikusa no Ko
Kagemusha - Tokugawa Ieyasu
classic Fantastic Four especially the Lee/Kirby and Byrne runs
Scout
Twisted Toyfare Theater
pre-New 52 Superman
US 1
Dark Horse's first volume of Conan
Ginger Fox
Mister X and related titles
Fearless Dawn and related titles
Amanda Conner's Power Girl
Geoff Johns' JSA
The Iron Manual (the original one)
I Was A Teenage Tax Consultant
Nexus
Transformers vs. G.I. Joe
Dirty Pair
Cherry Poptart
Little Annie Fanny
Slut Girl
Farm Lessons
Nurd
Dee Dee
Moonshine McJuggs
Danger Rangerette
>>
File: gunsmithcats-slip-05.jpg (887 KB, 1650x1236) Image search: [Google]
gunsmithcats-slip-05.jpg
887 KB, 1650x1236
>>83954020
I like the Pair and the Cats but they can't compete with Gally

That is a very interesting list

>>83954006
Is that Namor in the bottom right?
>>
>nu-Valiant Rai, Bloodshot, Ninjak
>Silver and Bronze age Captain America
>IDW TMNT
>Shadow Man
>Namor
>Gerber Howard The Duck
>Transmetropolitan
>Tom Strong
>Ultraverse Sludge and Rune
>Sandman Mystery Theatre
>Master Comics/Captain Marvel Junior
>Ace Lightning Comics
>Airboy
>Cyber Rad
>Gun Fury
There's probably more that I'm forgetting, but that's all that I can think of off of the top of my head
>>
>>83954085
Yeah, it's Namor in Sub-Mariner: The Depths

Think Alien set in the ocean, with Namor as the alien.
>>
>>83952780
Justice League International.
>>
>>83954020
I forgot a few.

Frank Miller's Daredevil
The Dark Knight Returns
Bambi and Her Pink Gun
Planetary
Torchy
Sally Forth
PS Monthly
The Bluecoats
Cheeta Pop
Nth Man - The Ultimate Ninja
Dr. Deth with Kip and Muffy
Sensational She-Hulk
Misty
California Girls
>>
>>83953854
I've always loved Hal Jordan, it's one of those things where you grow up with a character and never really let them go. The issue itself is about Hal making his way, ringless, across 100 miles of arctic wasteland. It really embodies the whole "incredible willpower" aspect of the character to me, which is why he resonates with m so much, since that's something I struggle with. It's a really personal thing.

This monologue is just great: http://imgur.com/a/jbfNC
>>
Moore's Swamp Thing
>>
File: IMG_1570.jpg (591 KB, 1225x1225) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1570.jpg
591 KB, 1225x1225
>>
File: 3x3 Mosaic.jpg (431 KB, 950x950) Image search: [Google]
3x3 Mosaic.jpg
431 KB, 950x950
Please accept this humble 3x3.
>>
>>83957479
BASED
A
S
E
D

I'm especially glad to learn there are more fans of Gonick's cartoon history on here. I learned a lot from those.
>>
File: blah.jpg (408 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
blah.jpg
408 KB, 920x920
I still don't feel like I've read enough and I always feel like the ones I got to for a 3x3 are just the ones I think of for a 3x3. and this jumps between big arcs or artists or characters, I don't like Waiddevil but I like Miller/Nocenti/JrJr/Mazz/Bendis/Maleev/Bru/Lark/etc and coundn't resist Rivera's art
X-Men includes like all of Claremont I just love that last 1/2 of JrJr's run (him again) but I also gave Sienkiewicz his own square when there's stuff after him I love
Legion represents all of it.
No Flash even though Wally's my favorite DC hero, Booster is #2 and he's not on there.

i may expand on this 3x3 and post later. like there's manga missing, a bunch of indies i don't remember or slipped under the radar (not even mention the ones I haven't got to reading lots of like Cerebus), stuff that i remembered after i made it.
>>
Bump for later
>>
These are the ones that come to mind.

I put Drake's patrol because I haven't read anything from Morrison's run.
>>
File: 669937.jpg (151 KB, 528x801) Image search: [Google]
669937.jpg
151 KB, 528x801
My favorite comic is Man Eating Cow besides the last two issues. It had a lot of charm to it.
>>
>>83959276
The early Tick comics were surprisingly enjoyable. Chainsaw Vigilante and Paul the Samurai were also cool.
>>
My top 5 is like
>The Sandman (specifically The World's End and The Wake)
>El Eternauta
>Divinity
>Vinland Saga
>Animal Man

>>83954184
>nu-Valiant Rai, Bloodshot, Ninjak
My nigger.
nu-Shadowman is shite, but the new evil ragga-shadowman is quite awesome.
>>
File: 9c271ccfcb9f8d.jpg (507 KB, 1225x920) Image search: [Google]
9c271ccfcb9f8d.jpg
507 KB, 1225x920
>>83954020
>>83954418
That's a lot of good stuff. Mostly.
>>
>>83959406
Yeah, as a concept, Shadowman is fucking amazing. That's why I was so incensed when Milligan fucking butchered it. I also grew up in New Orleans and it's always nice to see that particular area of the U.S. get better representation other than just Gambit
>>
>>83961541
Jordan's Shadowman was getting better, but they fucking changed to Milligan and then he raped the whole concept (End Times must be the worst nuValiant title ever).
The problem was that he and the deadside were away from the rest of the Valiant titles for too long, meanwhile the other books explained a lot of shit between each other.
Glad that Valiant is fixing that character (first with Ninjak and now with the upcoming 4001 tie-in.
>>
File: five by finve.jpg (990 KB, 1530x1530) Image search: [Google]
five by finve.jpg
990 KB, 1530x1530
>>83957927

i did it

though always a caveat of something or other i forgot
>>
>>83961787
I was a pretty big fan of the Bob Hall run from the 90's, it just got so much right that I loved about the original Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider. Still need to read the Ennis Acclaim ru . But yeah, the nu-Valiant itteration wasn't half bad either up to issue ten
>>
File: image.jpg (311 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
311 KB, 1600x1200
Planetes
Monster
Usagi Yojimbo
Multiversity
Batman year one
watchmen
RASL
BONE
Punisher Max(Ennis run)
Godzilla the half a century war
Godzilla in hell
Vision
Superman Braniac
Birthright
>>
>>83961896
I haven't read old Valiant, 2metal4me.

They have been hinting about a new run, with the new design. It sounds really great desu.
>>
>>83962263
The only problem I have with the original valiant books is that they're a very slow grind that leads to an eventual build-up of mind-numbing greatness on how much you want to get out of it. My favorite thing about the original run that they re-introduced in Bloodshot Reborn is "The Cult Of The Shadow Man", this future group of apocolyptic punkers that worships Jack and his Shadow Loa
>>
>>83962360
Yeah, I've heard that the old Unity event was fucking massive.
I haven't catched up with Bloodshot Reborn yet, but that sounds really awesome.
>>
Watchmen
Blankets
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Planetary
Y The Last Man
Transmetropolitan
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Black Hole
Understanding Comics
Morrison Batman
Johns Green Lantern
Alias
Batman: Prey(from Legends of the Dark Knight)
Criminal
Incognito(3rd volume when?)
Invincible
Birthright
Pluto
Brubaker's Cap
King's Vison
Dark Knight Returns
Fables
The Unwritten
Secret
Action Comics #775
>>
File: 3x3 Comics.png (1 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
3x3 Comics.png
1 MB, 900x900
>>
File: Sans titre.png (1 MB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.png
1 MB, 920x920
-Gaston Lagaffe
-Justice League International
-Cardcaptor Sakura
-X-Factor Investigation
-The Maxx
-Scud The Disposable Assassin
-All-Star Superman
-Judge Dredd
-Silver Age Captain America
(not pictured)
-Silver Age Spider-Man
-Silver-Age Fantastic Four
-Asterix
-The Life And Time of Scrooge McDuck
-Batman Year One
>>
>finished
Bone
Calvin & Hobbes
I Kill Giants
X'ed Out trilogy
The Far Side
Asterix
Tintin
Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck
>ongoing
Blacksad
Alan Ford
Usagi Yojimbo

Recommend me something, friends
>>
>>83952780
>akira
>vagabond
>LW&C

fantastic manga taste m8
>Nausicaa
>Phoenix
>>
Why do people make these without showing the titles of the books (same goes when people do movie too)
>>
>>83967078
Often at least in /tv/ threads it is a test if you are cool enough to know what all the things are from a single screenshot.
>>
>>83967078
If something looks cool, but you can't recognize it, then ask about it. Any fans in the thread will be delighted to tell you all about it.
>>
File: mosaic 3x3 6-21-16.jpg (356 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
mosaic 3x3 6-21-16.jpg
356 KB, 920x920
>>83967078
some of might be laziness, trying to find a good image that also features the title. i tried to crop my images to have a featured title that is not cut off.
>>
>>83967078

not worth effort to find and center the art to display a title
asking about what looks cool starts conversation
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.