[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Notepad song was about being silenced. >Clock song was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 779x583) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 779x583
>Notepad song was about being silenced.
>Clock song was about how easy is to get distracted from the bad events by anything new.
>Butterfly song was about religion.
>Computer song was about ignorance.
>Food song was about how media tell lies about the other trends so you buy theirs instead.

What was the lamp song going to be about /co/?
>>
>>83951869
Freudian interpretation of dreams (everything is about your mom and/or is a penis).
How the dead can communicate with us through dreams.
Predicting the future in dreams.
Free alternative escape from reality.
How people often desire to pass away in their sleep.

Plenty of options.
>>
>>83951869
Follow your dreams, anon, like red guy
>>
You don't always know what you really want.

Red managed to ewcape the lessons, but in the end was still miserable.
>>
It might be about how easy is to drop your dreams because how risky they can be, so instead people decide to go for something else.
>>
RED CARD
>>
>>83951869
What is this from?
>>
>>83953504
From his FB page, they usually posted teasers, merchandise and other stuff.
https://youtu.be/imrhKFwoNEk
>>
>>83951869
It was about how yellow guy can either comply with the song and go for a ride with a horse or he can continue to be combative and have a dream about drowning in oil.
>>
Based Red Guy. They didn't escape, but at least they're their favorite colors now.
>>
YOU COULD HAVE A DREAM ABOUT RIDING A HORSE

AND YOU COULD HAVE A DREAM ABOUT DROWNING IN OIL
>>
>>83953647
I am still kinda disappointed that thing wasn't really used.
>>
>>83955526
I think they escaped, and we're seeing a new show led by new characters based off the old ones.
>>
Happiness in slavery
>>
>>83955622
True, the log in the bin seemed promising
>>
What is with British people making meaningless weird-for-the-sake-of-weird web content that people desperately overanalyze and try to find some deep meaning when there clearly is none?

First Salad Fingers, now this.
>>
>>83958080
It's fun
>>
>>83958080
Don't Hug Me I'm Scared was better off as a standalone 1st episode.
>>
>>83951869
I'm more interested in how and about what would the File song would had been.
>>
>>83958178
Nah, the 2nd is better than the 1st and the 4th episode is the best one.
>>
C A N O E
A
N
O
E
>>
>>83955700
Red guy escaped, duck guy died, yellow guy did not escape and his fate is uncertain.
>>
>>83958080
Because all countries have people who make meaningless weird-for-the-sake-of-weird shit and people, for some reason, feel the desperate need to have order to what they're watching so they scramble to come up with these theories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcNMD6UixNU
>>
>>83958643
Only because they are gory and shocking.
Thats the only reason it became a hit. A gory puppetry short.
>>
>>83951869
There was definitely some shit about marketing in the computer one. They ask it a question and it starts surveying them and talking about an oatmeal brand.
>>
>>83955700
Some interpretations could be that since the Red Guy unplugged them, they became free and individuals instead of controlled by the media and society. So they became new colors, etc.

I like your idea though, that's it's another group of people.
>>
>>83955547
>YOU COULD HAVE A DREAM WHERE YOUR FRIENDS ARE ALL GONE
>>
I'M A MAGNET, I'M FRIENDS WITH METAL
I ATTRACT IT, AND IT'S MY BEST FRIEND
>>
File: Scared I'm Me Hug Don't.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Scared I'm Me Hug Don't.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>83959836
>implying that you can be free of media and society

Pretty patethic. People anti media and third society are still a small segment, like a brick that build the society. They can only wish to have their opinions to get mainstream, but them they become the guys that they hated.
>>
>>83955526
>they're their favorite colors now
Holy shit. Neat.
>>
>>83960568
[SOBBING INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>83962147
>OR YOU COULD HAVE A DREAM ABOUT BURNING YOUR FRIENDS
>>
LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE IS HAVING A BAD DREAM
>>
Who was that brown thing that fucking kidnapped them to start the kickstarter? We never see him in the series.
>>
>>83964374
It was called The Money Monster. The Kickstarter was successful so he went away and didn't murder our heroes. Yay!
>>
>>83951869
final song is about how the media can shape your hopes and dreams through lies.
>>
>>83964484
He could have saved them.
>>
>>83951869
I thought the computer one was more about how we're progressively misusing technology more and more.

Starts off with useful things, like pie charts, until it devolves into nothing but DIGITAL STYLE and DIGITAL DANCING.
>>
File: 1390525813411.png (159 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1390525813411.png
159 KB, 500x364
are there any solid analyses of the final episode/the series as a whole up anywhere yet? i loved it but i have no idea what it was about.
>>
>>83958766
Yellow Guy grew up to be Roy. If you watch the scene where Redguy's mucking around on the machine, it shows Yellow Guy deteriorating.
>>
>>83965434
The overall aesthetic I think was supposed to pay homage to unintentionally creepy/horrifying children's programs like H.R. Puffnstuff.
>>
>>83966327
Not everyone could have been Jim Henson.
>>
>>83965434
There's this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJGBlrZ0FWY
>>
>>83965465
He's Roy Jr.
>>
You're retarded. Obviously they were about creativity, time, love, computers, healthy eating, and dreams. What other subtext could there possibly be to a kids puppet show. This is all part of /co/'s dumb obsession with deepest lore shit
>>
>>83967356
It's about how the media turns the people into willing slaves through edutainment programs that contradict each other.
>>
>>83967413
This is fucking dumb. It's a kids song on YouTube. Stop forcing deeper meaning onto it.
>>
>>83967650
It's the truth;
Those songs are useless to bring enlightenment, but perfect to bring conformity.
>>
>>83958080
C'mon, David Firth's short animations were really clever. Time, The Man from Upstairs, and a bunch of others had some clever analisis that made a lot of sense.
Salad Fingers was pure madshit, tho.
>>
>>83951869
>Butterfly song was about religion.
felt more like a cult type deal
>inb4 le religion is a cult xdxdxd
>>
>>83970385
Well, they wanted Yellow Guy to save himself for someone special, wear a ring, and worship a giant head named Malcom. 2/3 of those things are lifted straight from traditional Christian values.
>>
>>83970573
They also wanted to 'scrub his brain' and give him a name change, which are very much cult activities. Plus the entire atmosphere of a welcoming group that drags him in with promises of love and then starts making demands is exactly how cults operate. Many cults are christian in origin so they can still go on about waiting for someone special and wearing a ring before they dip into insanity.
>>
>>83951869
it was going to be about drowning in oil you stupid fuck
>>
>>83971564
Marriage is a cult though accept my boyfriend honey XD!
>>
>>83951869
Nonsense and gibberish that wore out it's welcome five years ago.
>>
>>83966735
Why the fuck is the Duck named Reggie?
>>
>>83971798
No clue where that came from. The official name is just Duck or Duck Guy.
>>
I'm still upset that the bird was eaten
DIGITAL
STYLE
>>
>>83971920
isn't it implied that he was just a computer projection too
>>
>>83973542

How? Because the machine made him appear again? It also makes red guy appear again for a few seconds or so as well.
>>
>>83951869
>But look a-
>-computer, I'm a computer-y guy. Everything's made out of buttons and wires. I'd like to show you-
>-why we're here, What's it all about you've no idea, and everywhere you look all you see is Hatred, and Darkness Death and-
>-Ice Cream and Beef? Ice cream and beef makes your teeth go gray
>Doesn't matter! Just throw it away! Why not try something-
>-this on my tray? Where am I-
>We are in the Universe
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.