[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck there isn't a Batman live action TV series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: 4943071-bmdd.jpg (81 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
4943071-bmdd.jpg
81 KB, 600x600
Why the fuck there isn't a Batman live action TV series?

Let's say they started with Year One up until Damian is introduced.That's material for 6 seasons at least

Just look at the success of Bat-devil on Netflix and Bat-Arrow on CW.

Normies love batman,an actual well done series would be a goldmine for whatever network picked it up
>>
>>83941779
yeah but if they fuck up it's a tragedy.
not like DC cares, just look at BvS.
Sure, why not? Nowhere to go but up.
>>
No OP just shut up and be happy with Gotham
>>
File: batman shark.png (1014 KB, 1600x868) Image search: [Google]
batman shark.png
1014 KB, 1600x868
>>83941779
>Why the fuck there isn't a Batman live action TV series?
Because you don't fuck with perfection.
>>
>>83941842
>yeah but if they fuck up it's a tragedy.
They fucked up superman for 10 years on TV, and nobody cares
>>
>>83941779
>Why the fuck isn't there a Batman live action TV series?

Because the movies have the potential to make them billions of dollars.
>>
>>83942001

A good Batman series could potentially be more popular than even Meme of Thrones itself.
>>
>>83941842

>yeah but if they fuck up it's a tragedy.

the same can be said for everything
>>
>>83942099
You didn't just shit on GoT did you?

But, I kinda agree. a GoT budget Batman series could be pretty good. Specially if you consider you just need a city and keep the cgi intesive characters to 3-4 episodes a season.

However, I would much rather see a Spider-man one, but that would be even more cgi intense.
>>
As much as I'd like a good Batman live series, if we were going to get another DC hero series, I'd want something different. I mean, how many times has Batman been on TV in various forms?

I wanna see like, Doctor Fate or something. Something fresh, you know? Maybe in an ideal world where the vast hunger for sci-fi doesn't go unfulfilled, we'd get a Green Lantern series.
>>
>>83943469

>I mean, how many times has Batman been on TV in various forms?

Decently,very few.
>>
>>83941779
They call it "Arrow".
>>
>>83941779
How would you afford the Batmobile on a TV budget?
>>
>>83944285
>Make really good looking prop front of Batmobile
>never do external driving scenes, or cgi it.
>just have the prop "parked" at corners, never revealing the full body

Done.
>>
Because the only way a full Batman show could work is if there was toys and merchandise to help fund it.

And making a toy-centric show for adults sounds...problematic.
>>
Maybe Gotham will transition into one. How popular is it?
>>
I agree
>>
>>83944285
Cross-promotional deal with a major automobile manufacturer.
>>
>>83944691
it started 8 million viewers and now its below 4
>>
File: vegeta sucks.jpg (80 KB, 535x449) Image search: [Google]
vegeta sucks.jpg
80 KB, 535x449
>>83941779
>post yfw Gotham season 4 has a timeskip and Bruce becomes Batman
>I have no good face
>>
>>83943349
>You didn't just shit on GoT did you?
Are you trying to imply that the show isn't complete fucking garbage?
>>
>>83941842
BvS was a 10/10 masterpiece though.
>>
>>83945317
>>>/tv/
>>
>>83943469
The Spectre. Jim Corrigan does detective work while Spectre comes up with clever ways of passing judgments.
>>
>>83943349
Only time GoT was actually managing to live up to the hype was season 4. Absolute downhill from there.
>>
>>83945372
>not liking BvS
If you don't read comic books, don't watch movies based on them.
>>
File: 1R7XXkJ.png (57 KB, 625x656) Image search: [Google]
1R7XXkJ.png
57 KB, 625x656
>>83945585
>>
File: no.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>83945585
>>
>>83941779
Greed is probably the answer. DC would want a large royalty check from whichever network it would air on (tho if they're owned by the same parent company I'm not sure how that would work). So a network would have to risk A LOT of money for a not-so-sure of a thing. One day however, it will happen, some network exec will just say "ah what the hell" and greenlight it.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.