[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glorious Bastards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5
File: Robot.png (1 MB, 900x1039) Image search: [Google]
Robot.png
1 MB, 900x1039
There any Bastards in comics/cartoons bigger or more glorious than this fuck? I'm asking honestly, i'm looking for new material and i love bastards like this.
>>
>>83926585
"Villains" who won, you mean? Only one I can think of is Ozy. Techncially there was Luthor aas president and that time Osborn was in charge, but they weren't exactly heroic.
>>
File: ENOUGH.jpg (46 KB, 624x364) Image search: [Google]
ENOUGH.jpg
46 KB, 624x364
>>83926585
If Robot doesn't get his ass killed by Best Tiger and Le Bruiser I fucking quit.
>>
>>83926616

It's not about winning really, its that feeling when you want to hate them but you can't. Those characters who are bastards, but damn it you love them anyway. I making sense here?
>>
>>83926686
Ah. Well that's pretty subjective, you know?
>>
>>83926642

You know i never really thought much of Best tiger until i went back and read Guarding the Globe, and then he became one of my favorite characters.

>Not blind
>then why...
>More challenge
>mfw

That being said i really don't think he has what it takes to put Robot down, you know that man has contingencies out the wazoo. I bet even money he has clones of himself on Ice, that he watched and memorized the maulers procedure and now he's immortal or some shit.
>>
>>83926728

That is absolutely true, i know that any answers i get will be subjective, but i'm hoping for anons with good taste, and that by providing Robot as a reference point i'll get at least a few things that are in the ballpark.
>>
>>83926741
I figure Best Tiger kills him by firing Le Bruiser out of a cannon at him while Thragg is attacking
>>
>>83926887

Eh, maybe. I admit that would be an awesome panel (i can just picture it, the look on robots face as the dog goes through his chest with this smug ass canine grin), but it seems a little contrived.

While we are on the subject of people dying, FUCKING OLIVER MUST DIE. I've hated that little cunt from day one, and now we finally have an excuse, Fuck i can't wait for him to die.

Gotta wonder how they beat Thragg, i mean him and his bug-kids seem like a pretty unstoppable force to me.
>>
>>83926741
>Best Tiger literally sneaks into a fucking satellite in orbit manned by hundreds of robot drones and cameras all linked to the mind of the person he's trying to assassinate and successfully fires several killing shots
>They fail because Monstergirl is, against all common sense, still loyal and blocks the shots
>After being discovered and having the entire satellite wise to his presence, he fucking GETS AWAY without a scratch
>He's still wearing the blindfold

How can anyone even compete?
>>
>>83927012

Eh, i mean i figured he was just a bastardization of Snake and Daredevil, still awesome but meh. He's still a bastardization of Snake at least, but having read some material that focuses more on him I came to see him for the bad ass he is.
>>
Is the new issue out yet? Last one I read ended with the Oliver betrayal reveal.
>>
>>83927092

you read 129? Last i checked that was latest. Oliver reveal was 128.

In other news, I guess this is a Invincible discussion thread now? Unless someone is up to the task originally posed.
>>
>>83927092
>>83927092
I'm pretty sure it is, last reveal was Marks got a baby with Anissa
>>
>>83927197
>>83927232

>No storytime in the archive

Well fuck me sideways
>>
>>83927232

Honestly that was a given in my mind from the rape (...why am i spoilering this?), don't know bout you but i figured it would happen. Shall we discuss our predictions for what will happen based on the bit where he ends up in the future?
>>
>>83926642

I don't know if Robot will ever get his due given how Cecil is gone and there's no one else that can really replace him. Robot's ability is doing a much better job at maintaining world problems.

The only way I see it happening is if Robot went full tyranny mode since he missed ruling the other dimension but he's smart enough to avoid that.
>>
>>83927325

Personally i think if Robot does die he gets to die gloriously "redeeming himself" against some external threat (like Thragg).
>>
>>83927358
I'm sure it'll be lampshaded by himself to all hell, like everything he does.
>>
>>83926958
oliver isnt that bad! come on, anon!
i bet oliver will be the one to bring the viltrubugs to peace.

actually, after i typed that i dont believe it.
fuck.

mark was just born to be broken
>>
>>83927012
>>83927058
this just makes me excited reading this because it means robert kirkman hasnt forgot that the character is a badass

i cant wait for his return
>>
>>83927430

Of course. His dying words/thoughts will involve dry humor as he wonders if this will honestly affect anyone's opinion of him, and concludes it likely won't in most cases.
>>
>>83927197

>>83927282
>>83927092

i posted the storytiem on 129 a few days back
sorry u missed it m98

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Invincible/Issue-129?id=63606
>>
>>83927316
yes please. i love predictions
>>
>>83927446

I hope Mark kills him. If kirkman takes the easy way out and has Oliver killed by someone else (i'm looking at you Allen you giant orange shit) i'll be disapointed. I want a bloody grudge match above the earth as mark is forced to fight his own blood for the survival of the human race . Nothing better than that, watching it tear mark apart even as he forces himself to do it will be wonderful. .
>>
>>83927506
Thanks familia, catching up now
>>
>>83926642
Why is everyone forgetting that Robot can clone himself? Have fun killing him all over the world. And probably in space. [/spoiler
>>
>>83927530

Alright, I'ma drop a few things here. First prediction, mark is stronger than we know. When we see him arm-wrestling his dad he loses on purpose. Least that's how i read that section, cause he didn't want to upset the established balance. Likewise i'm pretty sure he didn't give it all he had when Anissa raped him, one punch is far from the limit of fighting back. He seemed to just resign himself to it, at least to me, again i think he didn't want to rock the boat, and suffered to keep things quiet in the neighborhood so to speak. This becomes relevant when i get to future predictions. Prediction two,Thragg and his bug kids are going to be kicking ass, looks like the end for our heroes, and then Nolan will be killed by Thragg. Full stop, figure that doesn't require that much explanation. Prediction three, Mark will challenge Thragg to single combat. There will either be some sort of precedent in Viltrumite culture, or Thragg will go for it to prove his dominance. Mark will win. Be it Rage, hidden potential, or Training from Hell. With Thragg dead and Mark having the legitiamate claim to the throne, all the Viltrumites will fall in line. What about the bug kids you ask? Well Thragg will have no doubt indoctrinated them in the old Viltrumite way of thinking that "might makes right" and Mark just proved to be the mightiest. Regular Viltrumites still probably believe that on some level as well, so having Mark kick ass will help his standing with them too. In my opinion they can't beat Thraggs army of bug children, but they won't have to, cause it will become Marks army of bug children. Other, smaller predictions. The green bitch with the lighting staff will be back, that smile meant something. Thragg, and probably a few of his kids cause the writer fucking loves this guy and won't let anyone solo him at this point, kills Allen. so there are some of mine, what are your predictions?
>>
>>83927675
See>>83926741
>>
>>83927506
Holy fuck Kirkman did it the absolute mad man
>>
I am really not into this current art style. its even shittier than normal.
>>
>>83927873
I could believe it. What would make Mark that strong, though?
>>
>>83927675
robot actually has access to by far the strongest power in the universe and it's not the robots, not the reaniman-viltrumites, and not even some super science shit. it's the alternate universe's time dilation thing.
>>
>>83928255
See>>83928292

We're gonna DBZ this shit, borrow the Flaxan dimension and do some Training from Hell.

Ok, jokes aside, he works out some, they credit good genetics and him having held back and we havent seen him go all out for a while. RAGE = strength also seems to be a thing for mark. Furthermore he's been aging, while it probably is infantismal fact is that he hasnt hit peak development yet, as he gets older he will develop larger physique (assuming we use his father as a model) keep in mind he really hansnt aged and developed much physically since high school cause of the whole Vilturmite aging thing, but if we claim even a sliver of development that could be large gains. Honestly i'm just spitballing. I really don't know how he will explain Mark getting mad Stronk, but if i know my comics, it will happen.
>>
>>83927873

Mark is stronger than other vil because hes half human and has adrenal glands

regular vil have a static str stat and getting angry does nothing for them but cloud judgement

but for mark it actually gives him a str boost due to adrenaline and that's how he beat conquest and how conquest was confused when mark got a bit stronger.

Thats why Marky has potential to be the strongest pure str stat vil in history
>>
>>83928405
that's retarded
>>
>>83928405
Predicting a age up for the kids because as they are now they don't have any powers until puberty and will be dead weight in the fight against thragg

Both of Marks children have God tier end game potential

Terra
>1/4 vil but doesn't matter because adrenaline can make up some lacking str
>could have gotten reality warping powers of some sort from eve
>Royal vil blood

>Marky
>3/4 vil
>might have adrenal glands because of mark
>Royal vil blood
>>
>>83928454

Its canon
The only reason mark gets stronger when angry is because of adrenaline
>>
>>83928559
how long before someone figures out they can just give the other viltrumites adrenaline

i mean how have they not already
>>
>>83928559
When was that said? Legitimately curious.
>>
>>83928632

I can see it, those big ass needles they have for stabbing adrenaline into your heart, made special for Viltrumites. Thing is probably won't work, they'll cannon it doesnt react right with regular Viltrumite biology unless it's bred in via humanity.
>>
Why we're robots black robots indestructible again?
>>
Not indestructible, but as close as humanly possible. Some sort of super adamantine/titanium alloy or something, can't remember exact name.
>>
>>83928632

They probably aren't aware of it since mark is the only hybrid of fighting age and pure vil probably don't have ways of properly processing adrenaline
>>
>>83928676
They weren't indestructible, it's just that hitting them causes the same resonant frequency that fucks up Viltrumite equilibrium.
>>
Alright i got one for all ya'll out there, Who is Mark's future wife, or does he even have one? In the passage where he goes to the future, Immortal refers to his family, and it is near explicitly stated that Eve is not part of it in that time period (makes sense, she's long dead of age by then). Is it just Mark and his two kids, or do you think he eventually got over Eve and remarried? If so, who do you think it would be?
>>
>>83928830
anissa
>>
>>83928941

I hope not. I mean honestly there have been points when I thought that might happen earlier on, but by now I think that ship has sailed. Unless the bounci ng baby brat revives it.
>>
>>83928559
It's canon?
>>
>>83928527
She's not really 1/4th, isn't she? Aren't humans a great choice for Viltrumites to breed with because the resulting offspring are almost pure Viltrumite?
>>
>>83929361

I'm wondering this as well. Also, does this adrenaline talk make anybody else think of all that HFY where we dominate the universe because ADRENALINE BITCH!
>>
>>83928793
He shoulda just hit them with each other.
>>
>>83929406
Yeah pretty much, its stated a couple of times that the viltrumite genes will takeover to like a 98% purity
>>
>>83929068
Why not? Anissa's human husband will one day die, himself.

Should they both exist alone forever?

It's not like Anissa was any more evil than Omni-Man before his came to his senses.
>>
>>83929612

....Fuck, your right, it's going to happen. I'm still holding out hope for green bitch, or maybe Thraggs daughter. What can I say I like Crack ships.
>>
>>83929752
I'm a big fan of redemption stories, and this would be interesting because it's a female in need of forgiveness.
>>
>>83926642
Why does that Power Ranger have a gun?
>>
File: no idea.png (488 KB, 561x446) Image search: [Google]
no idea.png
488 KB, 561x446
>>83926585
It is an insult to the real Rex that this cheap imitation runs around
>>
>>83930183
He seriously chilled out after he lost his arm.
>>
>>83930329
yeah seriously became a favorite. Still miss him.
>>
Did Rex kill astounding wolfman?
>>
>>83929406

As in just the way she was bred

shes 96% vil still
>>
>>83926686
Vril Dox II is a bit like that. He's a despicable bastard but also a bit tragic and very, very right most of the time.
>>
>>83930907
No, he survived.
>>
File: 1988011-inv_82_001.jpg (139 KB, 833x1280) Image search: [Google]
1988011-inv_82_001.jpg
139 KB, 833x1280
>>83927873
>green chick

Yes please.
>>
>>83930907

Alright, Who read Wolfman? And who was sad it didn't continue? I was so crushed when i realized it was over.
>>
>>83931029

Thank you, i'll look into that.
>>
File: I feel you.jpg (16 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
I feel you.jpg
16 KB, 500x461
>>83930641
>>83930329
>>83930183
>>
>>83932218

Went out like a Boss though, no pussy death for Rexplode, died like a man. Like a Hero.
>>
Just caught up
>Anissa rape babby
wew lad, although it seems she did manage to fall in love with a normal human
>>
Man, I read all issues in 3 weeks (that as me pacing myself) and I'm anxious as fuck about getting new issues, this schedule sucks.
>>
>>83928527
yea that's not how genetics work, it's no exact percentages. Mark could be as strong as he is because Viltrumite genes overtook his genetic make up, using the human part only as a biological foundation.
>>
>>83926585
Robot literally did nothing wrong!
>>
>>83929887
Anissa is obviously going to be redeemed. She raped Mark because she was still in evil Vitrumite mode because she hadn't gotten with a human yet. Now she has marky and a kid from blacky mcblackguy. She's clearly mellowed out the same way the rest of the Vitrumite do. Also, Nolan probably knows about Marky, hence his Not Now comment.

Also Nolan clearly fucked up in his exile punishment. The punishment should have been to find and marry an Earth woman.
>>
>>83933515

True Viltrumite genes overtake but the base genes matter

In Olivers case Nolan even said that he might not live as long as Mark because of the way his species ages

with humans sure it might not matter but slight variations in str
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.