[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beavis and Butt-head thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: op's thread.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
op's thread.png
2 MB, 1600x900
Beavis and Butt-head thread?
>>
>>83921386
This show really didn't age well for me. I haven't watched it in a couple of years but despite me loving it when I was younger, I really didn't find it really all that funny at all in my later years. Maybe I was just watching the wrong episodes.

On the other hand, the movie is still genuinely funny and enjoyable to watch.
>>
File: 1466041041758.png (822 KB, 525x809) Image search: [Google]
1466041041758.png
822 KB, 525x809
>>
This show aged excellently. Sad that there's a few people who never really "got" it though.
>>
The show has a poor reputation for just being scatological humor, but I really, really think it was much more than that. I think most episodes have aged very well and the show may be one of the best written and funniest shows I've ever seen.
>>
As far as Mike Judge shows go, Beavis & Butthead I find funnier, but King of the Hill is the GOAT.
>>
>>83923845
A lot of the shorts kind of fall flat, but Beavis and Butthead make some genuinely insightful and funny critiques of the music videos they watch sometimes.
>>
Did anyone else remember when the show was revived and then it lasted for only one season?
>>
>>83926843
It was a pretty solid revival, imo.
>>
File: womyn.jpg (245 KB, 469x671) Image search: [Google]
womyn.jpg
245 KB, 469x671
Too problematic and sexist for /co/mblr
>>
Beavis and Butthead was just an absolutely genius show.
>>
>>83927000
For a dumb person like you.
>>
>>83925555
Yeah, that's what I miss about the show was the riffing on music videos between segments. It was great seeing what their reactions were to certain videos, especially when a video is so awful they change the channel.

That's what kind of sucked about the revival, riffing on Mtv reality television as opposed to music vids; although the commentary they gave on Teen Mom was absolutely brutal, which was amazing.
>>
>>83927527
Yeah, I loved how even the people on Jersey Shore were too dumb for Beavis and Butthead to identify with. In one episode they watch a clip where one of the guys buys a little dog just to make it shit in the girls' rooms, and Beavis and Butthead, who normally would be fully behind anyone who wants to leave feces somewhere, just talk about how the guy is a dumbass.
>>
>>83929472
Love that too, I thought the revival was pretty good, but I dunno what the general consensus is on it though, so I might look like a retard.
>>
>>83929527
No, it was basically, it's just that MTV's demographic now is teen girls, so they didn't understand/appreciate a cartoon about two learning disabled guys either getting up to antics or making fun of the programming they'd be watching if these two weren't on.
>>
>>83929591
I was hoping a different channel would pick it up if it got shitcanned. I was genuinely surprised by how good the revival was.
>>
>>83926906
Are you really so stupid you couldn't figure out this was a joke?
>>
>>83921386
>Beavis and Butthead cameo in Jackass movie
>B&B Airs on MTV again
>Makes fun of Teen Mom, Jersey Shore, and modern music videos
>Good Vibes airs alongside it
>Both get cancelled
>MTV never airs animation ever again
>>
>>83921386
>not beavis and butt-thread
>>
File: 1430802229803.jpg (77 KB, 649x471) Image search: [Google]
1430802229803.jpg
77 KB, 649x471
>>83929961
That was probably the best mtv has been in years
>>
I actually never watched Beavis and Butthead when it was new and fresh but I did recently and I love it, I give it my own 8 anuses out of 10
>>
>>83921421
The movie is one of those things that inspired me to travel more. God I love that movie.
>>
>>83930017
Underrated post.
>>
Beavis and Butthead do not really work these days because the whole idiot slacker having dumb adventures is not really a popular thing anymore. Teens do not really try to be that dumb rocker guy, that's more of a pre 00's thing.
>>
File: rig force.jpg (204 KB, 797x629) Image search: [Google]
rig force.jpg
204 KB, 797x629
>>83932431
>idiot slacker having dumb adventures

That's exactly the premise of Regular Show
>>
>>83933038
>premise of Regular Show
Oh, I thought it was just a vehicle for forced and unfunny 80s references.
>>
>>83934661
What is Kung Fury, Drive, Far Cry Blood Dragon, etc.
>>
>>83929527
The consensus at the time it aired was that it was good. A little while later, i saw some people on /co/ claim they didn't like it really, but that always happens.

I thought the revival was great and Crying ranks among one of my favorite Beavis and Butthead episodes ever. So simple, yet so good.
>>
>>83929698
You're aware that episode rightfully portrayed feminists as irrational and violent lunatics right? Doesn't fit into your narrative too well does it /co/mblr?
>>
>>83936184
And yet Daria is viewed as a feminist hero.
>>
>>83937989
daria didn't really have any connection to b&b, she's pretty much an all new character in her own show.
>>
File: beavis & butt-head.png (260 KB, 352x315) Image search: [Google]
beavis & butt-head.png
260 KB, 352x315
Attention everyone.

Beavis was crying.
>>
>>83926884
Indeed it was. I loved when they made fun of Jersey Shore.
>>
Good news, guys! We saved the community center. Let's all dance!
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.