[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did he tolerate them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: giphy[1].gif (999 KB, 493x291) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
999 KB, 493x291
Why did he tolerate them?
>>
>>83912038
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m3GGZCYaqA
>>
>>83912038
If by them you mean the Eds? He respected Eddy's ambition, which allowed him an outlet for his own, and before, during and after all the antics they accepted their odd sides. The rest of the kids are too rigid in their ways, though he seemed to tolerate them out of politeness or just keep to himself.
>>
>>83912038
Because they tolerated him in turn?
>>
>>83912118
Ed and Edd would probably fit in with the other kids. It's only Eddy who was bent on making everyone angry trough his scams. Probably even Eddy could be accepted if not that. I the end, they were only outcasts because the followed Eddy and Eddy was led by his brother's bad influence.
>>
>>83912038
Because they're friends
>>
>>83912038
He wanted jawbreakers.
>>
File: NOW PLEASE.png (628 KB, 710x606) Image search: [Google]
NOW PLEASE.png
628 KB, 710x606
Because the best he can stand up for himself is this.
>>
Edd was a fucking weirdo, he wasn't as well adjusted as the other kids in the neighborhood so he had to hang out with the smelly weirdo into comic books and horror movies, and the shifty manlet who was always trying to con people out of their money. The timid intelligent boy who's largely neglected at home had to hang with the other outcasts.

Also they're all fucking named Ed
>>
>>83915495
Listen here you little shit.
>>
>>83912038
I thought the movie show they all like each other also the other kids are pieces of shit. expect rolf
>>
He was still somewhat an outcast and thought the Eds would be the only other people willing to hang out with him. While it isn't as bad as his self-esteem thinks, his overall nice attitude allowed him to be able to make friends with even the likes of Kevin he was in too deep at that point and loyalty dictated him to stay.
>>
>>83915495
But he really wasn't that bad. All the other kids had quirks and many episodes showed that they were willing to accept him, assuming he used his intelligence for good rather then scams

Hell, Johnny was a bigger weirdo then him, but I guess Johnny was always the outcast of the outcast's.
>>
>>83916650

What about Rolf?
>>
Ed and Eddy never stopped wanting to hang out with him, no matter how much he complained. You could read that as him tolerating company he didn't enjoy, or him being himself around people who he felt comfortable sharing his feelings with.
>>
>>83916667
He was the funny foreigner kid with weird customs but he was also really athletic so he and Kevin were good buds and Kevin is basically the popular kid.

Johnny is just plain nuts.
>>
>>83912038
Because he wanted to redeem them.
>>
File: 1459479907936.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1459479907936.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>>83917066
Actually, now that I think about it, that's probably why I liked this character so much. That's how I was with my childhood friends.
>>
>>83912038
Because his tube sock went up whenever he saw Eddy
>>
>>83917233
I want Sucrose to leave
>>
>>83912038
because what are his other choices?
Rolf is far to eccentric and hands on for him to really be friends with
Sarah and Jimmy are far to younger than him, plus Sarah is a loud mouth who has a crush on him, and Jimmy gets jealous so it's weird
he has a crush on Nazz so he can't be friends with her
Johnny is like only friends with Plank
he and Kevin actually seem to have no problems though
>>
>>83917290
They are cool with each other but I don't see a lot of chemistry with Kevin like DD has with the other Eds.
>>
>>83917290
Didn't DD want to fuck Sarah as well?
>>
>>83917626
in one episode he has heart eyes for her, but i think that was before they decided Sarah having a thing for him funnier
>>
>>83917696
Sigh. I really should get back into the show. Cardboard city was the fucking best. And was Kevin friendzoned with Naz or what?
>>
>>83917732
Nah, Kev was just too preoccupied with his fucking bike to care.
>>
>>83917756
What a dumb bitch.
>>
>>83912038
The flash-back episode showed that the first two people in the cul-de-sac Double-D met were Ed & Eddy, so that largely explains it. Besides that earlier seasons depicted him as being far more socially awkward. Later it became apparent by seasons four and five that Double-D was putting up a polite-front, but deep down was really sick of everyone's shit. The kids were assholes to him, and his only two friends hardly respected him. Thankfully by the movie everything's good, but I think a small bit of social desire inside Double-D is what made him put up with everyone's bullshit.
>>
Because he's just as dumb as they are. He's a "smart kid" in that he likes science and technology, but he's fucking retarded in every other way, which helps him fit in with Ed and Eddy. Growing up I knew plenty of geek kids who were friends with dumb white trash because the geek kids and the dumb white trash were equally socially retarded.
>>
>>83917290

>he and Kevin actually seem to have no problems though

That's the thing about the other kids' relationships with the Eds. When it's just Ed and/or Double-D, yeah they're still kind of kept at arms length, but they're tolerated and sometimes even liked. It's when Eddy is involved that problems arise.
>>
I always thought it was becasue him the other edds built some pretty cool shit
>>
>>83918472
Because above average kids hang out with dumb white trash to feel smart.
>>
>>83912038
The alliteration gave his OCD a major POTTERY boner.

Or maybe he saw these little scams as an outlet for his rebellious thoughts and feelings after growing up in such a stifling home. Ed and Eddy's obnoxiousness would've been an exotic contrast to the distance of his parents.
>>
>>83912038
That is what friends do anon, you care for other people that are different from you
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.