[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 416x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 416x200
What went wrong?
>>
Nothing.

This movie was fucking great.
>>
>>83902255
Nothing. That movie was a hit and quoted by kids and adults nonstop for fucking months afterwards and aired on CN for a good while during their movie night. It was also the start of kids going, "Hey I know that voice! Isn't that Kronk?".
>>
>>83902293
/thread
>>
>>83902293
This.
>>
>>83902255
Should have been cell shaded
>>
The outdated CGI.
>>
>>83902255
Terrible cgi but the story makes up for it big time. Voices helped too.
>>
Let me worry about those playa haters senpai baka
>>
>>83902255
They made a sequel
>>
>>83902293
This.

This is actually one of my favorite animated movies of all time.
>>
The scrapped squirrel girl with the large hips needed screen time.
>>
>>83902293
One of the best animated movies ever. It's hilarious. It's sequel on the other hand though... ugh.
>>
That cgi was Elf Bowling tier, but the soundtrack was alright
>>
>>83902746
>>83902809
There was a sequel?
>>
>>83902906
Yes.
>>
Dy-na-mi-te? Must be Italian.
>>
>>83902775
SAUCE
I never knew of this
>>
>>83902255
They cast Patrick Warburton as the wolf instead of the lumberjack, and the wolf should've been voiced by Norm MacDonald
>>
>>83902991
She was that squirrel girl in a skirt waaay too small for her hip. She was in that tree critter music video in the extras.
>>
>>83902255
The budget?
>>
Other people know this movie? For a while I thought it was just a fever dream. I vaguely remember it being really good. But also maybe terrible?

Is it worth a rewatch?
>>
>Keith
>>
>>83902255
Animation quality and that was it. Other than that it had a nice pulp fiction type story with funny moments
>>
File: 1464231565277.png (177 KB, 434x458) Image search: [Google]
1464231565277.png
177 KB, 434x458
The guy that directed this helped make this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J05o90Su38
>>
>>83907618
Jesus, what was that?
>>
The sequel.
The first movie was a solid 8.5/10. Never before have I seen the "manic hyper" character and actually liked one except for this.
>>
>>83907902
>The sequel
That was an extremely fucked up production in general. Like, the Burger King kids meal toys for Hoodwinked Too came out in January 2010. But the film itself wasn't released until April 2011.
>>
>>83906769

I remmeber being surprised that it's actually legitimately hilarious, even if the animation is shit.
>>
I kind of enjoyed the bad animation, I guess an ironic charm. It's like how Nintendo doesn't do realistic graphics, just stylized.
>>
>>83902401
That, and no hypercompetent female wolf to balance out the idiot.
>>
>>83908080
>the Burger King kids meal toys for Hoodwinked Too came out in January 2010. But the film itself wasn't released until April 2011.
good Lord
>>
>youtube "paul's bunion cream"
>no actual clips of the movie
damn, this really isn't popular
>>
File: 1459742514915.png (12 KB, 351x390) Image search: [Google]
1459742514915.png
12 KB, 351x390
>>83907664
This is a 30+ minute VHS tape from the mid-to-late nineties about two kids growing bored of school, and they end up skipping it. The movie throws the worst shit you can think of at them for wanting to skip, like an alarm system in the school that triggers a fucking boulder to roll down and attempt to crush them to death.
The entire moral is "If you skip school, then you're a demon from the depths of Hell". There's a lot of religious undertones (not to say they can't be subtle and actually good for kids; take a look at Veggie Tales, but they were oddly unnerving in here).
Five things are happening at once, including a literal african american orb telling a caucasian strongman oval how to be more fashionable, a hick orange orb running around and yelling about a food I forgot about, and a circle that kinda sounds like Coach from Left 4 Dead 2 talking about how old he and the town is. All the people that helped pitch in to make this are either doing christian-related stuff or have faded off the face of the earth. One guy that helped with this film ended up being charged with stabbing someone to death.
If I had to say anything positive, the music is surprisingly good. It's all up on youtube.
>>
>>83902255
It was capitalizing on the success of Shrek but it's not as bad as Happily N'ever After.
>>
>>83907618
That song was surprisingly catchy.
>>
The goat's song pops into my head sometimes and that annoys me. Otherwise it was breddy gud.
>I was prepaaaaared!
>>
>>83908439
So it's that kind of creepy shady type of thing. Shit's fucking scary either way though.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.