[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does Ultimate X-Men ever get good? I'm a couple dozen issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: ultimate xmen.jpg (139 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ultimate xmen.jpg
139 KB, 1024x768
Does Ultimate X-Men ever get good? I'm a couple dozen issues in and not liking it at all.
>>
It's Mark Millar, so no.
>>
File: Ultimate_X-Men_Vol_1_28.jpg (26 KB, 420x624) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate_X-Men_Vol_1_28.jpg
26 KB, 420x624
Does anyone hate Jean's hair in this? She looks like some butch dyke.
>>
>>83887175
>Does Ultimate X-Men ever get good?
After Galactus destroys the Ultimate Universe
>>
>>83887175
No
>>
>>83887175
It has some fun bits after Ultimatum. Its a bit weird but pretty cool. All mutants are blamed for Ultimatum(cuz magneto goes super religious, don't ask me it was Loeb may her rot in hell) so they get put in camps. Then break loose just as Nimrod sentinels get out but go crazy and start killing everyone. But still villified, but somewhat more understood, just in time for a mutant cure to be created. Then in all the mutants in america.... about a dozen decide to keep their super powers. Shit was stupid as fuck. Talking some god teir powers and thousands of people pussed out. Really fucked up.

Anyway the last few include a girl that can manipulate the earth, a new mini-magneto, a plant telepath, and Ultimate Kenji, who can just manipulate matter in a bunch of weird ways. So between all of them they take an old chunk of land filled with radiation and turn it into fucking paradise. Including a railgun built into a mountain(terraformer girl raised up the mountain with magnetic railing built into it while mini-mags sends bits of metal shooting up it getting accelerated by the mountain. This then flings said chunks of metal half way around the world in a super sonic storm of death that can be aimed to land in several hundred foot wide area of doom.)

But then it got shitty again.
>>
>>83887175
The crossover with Spidey was fun.

And I actually kinda liked the Alpha Flight arc.
>>
>>83887175

Ult Cyke was great. It was really hard not to root for the guy. I feel like they tried to make him out to be a total loser, but he ended up being the only genuinely likable guy on the team.
>>
>>83887302
I hate everything body in the run. Just once I want to see somene die for being bad at making good content.
>>
Ultimate Kitty got my dick hard. She was hot
>>
>>83887175
I actually liked it? Maybe nostalgia clouds my vision.
>>
>>83891633
The one where he curses them the fuck out?
>>
I liked Bendis' tenure on UXM.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.