[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ANOTHER Spidey game >Still no good (or even half decent)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 17
>ANOTHER Spidey game
>Still no good (or even half decent) non film tie-in Iron Man game
>>
>>83880277
Fuck you, Superman has never had a good game. Ever.
>>
>>83880398
Why are you baiting N64fags, anon?
What did the 90s do to you?
>>
>>83880398
This so hard. Give me a good Superman game first.
>>
>>83880398
I remember Superman Returns being alright.
>>
>>83880277
If that Spidey game is succesful they'll try to launch a game MCU from that.
Of course they are going to start with the most popular hero.
I have a little faith because it's made by a non-garbage literally what studio.
>>
>>83880277
Oh Christ, go play any mecha game - it's basically the same thing.
>>
>>83880462
Pretty sure I read somewhere that Rocksteady has one in the pipe.
>>
File: 4573457.jpg (316 KB, 818x445) Image search: [Google]
4573457.jpg
316 KB, 818x445
>still no ant-man game
>>
File: 1465854894292.png (451 KB, 752x569) Image search: [Google]
1465854894292.png
451 KB, 752x569
>>83881767
>ANTS game gets made.
>Has spiders in it
>>
>>83881735
I said I wanted a GOOD game. You know, with boss fights and everything.

Because a Superman game should REALLY have some badass boss fights.
>>
>>83881767
>he's never played The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Real talk though, I feel like an action-adventure game with a shrinking/growing mechanic would be pretty damn cool.
>>
>>83881767

Total War: Antman

Command legions of different kinds of ants. Divisions of ants. Ant cavalry. Conquer the garden.
>>
>>83882287
So Pikmin?
>>
>>83881997
How Would you lose? Villain causes too much collateral?
>>
>>83882852
You know, it's not like Superman couldn't just be given a lifebar and have his life depleted like any other video game character.

>b-b-but it's Superman

Shut the fuck up. There are characters out there who can fuck him up, you know. Like Doomsday, Zod, and so on.
>>
>>83882899
Fuck up? Of course
Kill? Nah homey

What is superman's stamina even like? How long can he last?
>>
video games are coming anon

the marvel liaison at E3 said they picked spidey first because of his history and he's marvel's most successful merch/VG character

so they'll get revenue off spidey and do other stuff too.

they already talked to other studios. so we'll see more in the near future.

However, if Insomniac doesn't get the swinging mechanics down then they can suck a dick
>>
>>83882954
>What is superman's stamina even like? How long can he last?
Just give him an arbitrary stamina meter that determines how much stamina he has, like any other game. Let the player upgrade it as it goes on.
>>
>>83882852
>How Would you lose? Villain causes too much collateral?
I'm having a life bar or equivalent, but this could be an interesting feature.

Two games come to mind, the first is Prototype (though I never played the second one.) You're this mutant abomination creature that's like Carnage on steroids, and the game continually tracked your total casualties inflicted (and listed civilian/military/mutant) as well as total cost of property damage. I don't think those stats amounted to anything, gameplay-wise, but the player was still made very aware of just how much carnage and chaos they were causing.

I could see a Superman game doing the reverse of that, with like a "Hero Meter" or something. You need to stop the bad guy(s) but you also have to prevent people from getting hurt and the city from being wrecked. The more damage Metropolis and its citizens take, the more your meter goes down until game over, and it can be replenished by saving civilians (stepping out of the fight to save people from falling rubble) or other heroic acts (posing for selfies with fans, catching lost balloons SM2 style, getting cats out of trees.)

Because let's face it, for a Superman game to be worth its salt, it has to prioritize heroism over being just another action game.
>>
>>83883814
>Two games come to mind, the first is Prototype
Derp. The second was Assassin's Creed, where if you cause too many civilian deaths you desynchronize and start over from a checkpoint. Prevent, or cause, too much damage to Metropolis and Superman is no longer their hero, so game over.
>>
>>83880277
Well you can go old school.
>TFW this isn't a hard bad action game.
>TFW we will never get another old school action game like this ever
HELLO DARK MY OLD FRIEND
At least Iron Man was OP as fuck in this game next to Vision.
>>
>tfw no Stilt-Man game
>>
>>83883814
Superman Returns had that very mechanic where the lifebar was for the city instead of Superman
>>
>>83883814
Perhaps it could be like Red Dead Redemption or Fallout in which you have a reputation that determines how people react to you/treat you
>>
http://brazilmugenteam.com/avengers/
Well there is a fan made off shoot of the game>>83883926 It's called Avergers United Battle Force.
>>
>>83881997
Rocksteady makes good games you dumbass. Any other dev would produce a worse product.
>>
>>83888023
I hate how people say the Batman games were good. Combat system is garbage and the detective work outside of arkham city was on the rails. Arkham city was the only Good game and that was only because of the atmosphere and Easter eggs
>>
>>83881997
Rocksteady is good, how are you this ignorant?
>>
>>83882852
Just set it up like SR where the city had a health meter instead of Superman.
>>
>>83884078
Just give Superman a healthbar. You can make protecting people and the city a part of the game but there's NO reason why they couldn't just give Superman health.

That 'protect whatever' shit isn't really all that fun.

>>83888023
>>83888106
Rocksteady's combat systems are fucking terrible. And while they might have done Batman some justice, I wouldn't trust them with a Superman game to save my life.
>>
>>83888881
How were their combat systems "fucking terrible"?
It is objectively if not subjectively better than most games. Please play their games before shitting on them.
>>
File: this shit is delicious.gif (685 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
this shit is delicious.gif
685 KB, 500x281
>>83888911
>It is objectively if not subjectively better than most games
Don't be one of those Arkhamfags who actually believe that shit, son.
>>
>>83880398
It's sad that the best Superman we got was a Lego Batman game
>>
>>83883814
Wow this sounds cool
Especially the stepping out of the fight thing
Makes it sound like a platinum game with crazy combos and speed
>>
>>83889077
No, it sounds awful.

Give Superman a lifebar, make it an action game primarily, but fit the gameplay around Superman.
>>
>>83882852
Have Superman fight enemies like Metallo and Lex Robots with kryptonite, that way you can actually take damage
>>
>>83889116
Or just make a Green Lantern game so you don't have to think about all those retarded reasons to make Superman vulnerable.

Even better a God of War/DMC kinda game with Wonder Woman

You know what? Fuck Superman.
>>
File: irondick6.jpg (174 KB, 655x1023) Image search: [Google]
irondick6.jpg
174 KB, 655x1023
>>83880277
Who the fuck likes boring ass Iron Man?
Fuck Iron Man, what a fucking joke, he's nothing without the Avengers.
>>
>>83889013
Prove me wrong. What was shit about it? You sound like you're upset that Amazing Spider-Man couldn't be saved by Disney shills.
>>
>>83889223
Babby's first bait
>>
>>83880277
Give it time. if this Spidey game is the start of a Marvel Video Game Universe, we can all expect an Iron Man game in the future
>>
>>83889544
I wish i was baiting. I really hate Tony Stark, he's an irresponsible drunk cunt who gets people killed because of "muh beliefs".

If it weren't for the movies.
>>
>>83889596
Really? You sound like you hate him because he's useless (he isn't), which is no reason to hate a character anyway.

His drunkness and beliefs have both been major conflicts, he would be a boring mary sue without them.
>>
>>83889158
Fuck you
>>
File: oops.png (372 KB, 1224x1092) Image search: [Google]
oops.png
372 KB, 1224x1092
>>83889699
I hate Tony Stark, but i like you anon. You're a nice guy.
>>
>>83888088
eh I dunno, the Combat System was pretty fun, it wasn't complex or hard but it didn't need to be. It made me feel like Batman, I mean sure I can use some gadgets for score multipliers but using my fists are all I need. Plus it genuinely gets hard if you remove the combat prompts that most enemies have.
>>
>>83889077
Stepping out of the fight means you have to have the enemies stop attacking while you do so, otherwise there will be no incentive. If the city has a lifebar and the only way to replenish it is saving civilians but the enemies will continue to deplete it you'll always be at a loss. Even worse, you could incentivize intentionally avoiding saving people until you've eliminated all but a single enemy, then rescue everyone to bump your score up.

>>83889158
Or you could just make the game a series of boss battles centered around supervillains, the people with the means and capacity to harm Superman.
>>
>>83889593
Who in their right mind would start a "video game universe" based on Marvel properties with an exclusive?

They would literally be pissing money down the drain. Sony themselves paid for the game, which is the only reason it's exclusive, Marvel would never have given the OK if Sony hadn't footed the bill themselves.
>>
>>83890664
I think a Superman Game based around War World could work but no one wants to see that shit. They want Metropolis.

A Superman game can't work since majority of Superman's characteristics just makes for an un-fun game making it hard to design an enjoyable game experience around him
>He won't allow collateral damage
>He's too powerful so you either have all his powers at the start of the game or have some bullshit reason for him to not have all of his powers
>He has a pretty inconsistent way of fighting (Heck he has no way of fighting) other than throwing punches and kicks and heat visioning people (Which he obviously won't do) you're just stuck with freezebreath and heat visioning guns off people's hands

For it to work, you gotta make flying fun, lower his strength to around Superman TAS levels, you gotta make combat fun, you gotta make combat while flying fun, you got to have an excuse for there for Superman to go all out while still being true to the character.

I think a game placed around the time where Superman is still a new guy in Metropolis along with an excuse of him still not mastering all his powers (So he'll have stuff like Super Strength, Super Breath, Super Leaping, and Super Speed but nothing else yet) so he'll discover his "new" powers for when the situation calls for it like the deus ex machina he is.
>>
>>83889223
Fuck you, the man made Ultron, who was a scary and pretty good villain.
>>
>>83880277
Normies only care about Robert Downey Jr. not Iron Man. He is half the man and hero Spider-Man is.
>>
>>83889734
I love how Superman fans always act as they are the good guys with moral superiority for liking Superman and then they are always the most hateful and aggressive people around
>>
>>83891391
The easiest solution would be give him a solar energy reserve that depletes when you use things like heat vision and slowly refills when you're outside during the day.
>>
>>83890601
Tapping one button to do combos is never fun but i actually okay video games a lot so some thing like the Arkham games outside of City are trash
>>
>>83888881
>Just give Superman a healthbar.
Because if they go by the cartoons or comics most shit for lesser events like bank robbery or other such things. It would be totally pointless. It literally takes nuclear bombs to the face to start hurting Clark in canon. So guns and even tanks are zero damage sources.
>>
>>83891515
You're oversensitive about things which don't matter.
>>
>>83880277
there was that one on the gba that was kinda passable. it was playable, but nothing really to write home about. he had a funny walking animation too.
>>
>>83894528
Nigga, it's a video game. Things don't have to make sense in a video game.

As long as bank criminals and shit don't hurt Superman, it's fine. It should obviously not be completely nosensical as to what can hurt Supes and not but nigga, get past this mental block. It's a fucking video game.

In the Batman: Arkham games, you can get hurt in a fight, lose some health, beat everyone, and suddenly 5 minutes later, you're all fine again. It's a fucking video game.
>>
File: 1453178110081.jpg (19 KB, 328x277) Image search: [Google]
1453178110081.jpg
19 KB, 328x277
>>83888023
>Rocksteady makes good games
the arkham games have good fanservice but they are some of the worst games that I've ever played
>>
>>83880462
>>83880398

I think that in the wake of VRs Superman/Flash first person perspective game would be amazing (though VR games are pretty shit atm and they may not ever enter AAA area in next few years).
>>
>>83895598
>I only started playing games 3 years ago by the way
>>
>>83882899
so you're idea of the game is a game where the only enemy is Zod, Doomsday etc, because noone else could touch his life bar?
>>
>>83892821
I didn't admire the mechanics of Batman games, but I rather treated it like a display of cool animations.
>>
>>83895598
>some of the worst games that I've ever played
Are you retarded apparently you've never actually played a bad game if the Arkham series is legitimately some of the absolute worst you've ever played
>>
>>83890818
Marvel, clearly. Considering PS4 is the biggest platform out there currently, I don't think they're too concerned about the exclusivity.

Besides that, there's rumors of this being part of the deal between Marvel and Sony...for Spiderman, at least. If there's an Iron Man game, you can be damn sure it'll be multiplat.I say this as a hardcore PCfat.
>>
File: stark as director.jpg (452 KB, 1277x1091) Image search: [Google]
stark as director.jpg
452 KB, 1277x1091
>>83889223
>he's nothing without the Avengers.
Actually, without the Avengers, he was an obscenely competent director of S.H.I.E.L.D. and even then, by himself, has saved the world numerous times without the aid of the Avengers. Only reason he got uprooted from that position is because of a Skrull Invasion literally NOBODY could have prepared for.

In comparison, the Avengers are nothing without him and his resources. Why do you think they put up with his shit so much? He's quite literally the biggest asset they have. Bigger than Thor, as ironic as that might seem with that scene you posted, since Thor's got otherworldly shit to deal with all the time and isn't about to provide the funding and logistics to keep everyone up and running.

Fuck, we should get a game adapting Iron Man: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

>MGSV motherbase-esque management system and a roamable Triskelion/Helicarrier/Avengers Tower.
>customizable armors.
>as another anon suggested, the ability to switch armors mid-mission by climbing to a certain altitude and ejecting from one suit and skydiving into another, like in Iron Man 3.
>Lead various Avengers on missions handling international incidents and terrorist uprisings/supervillain scenarios.
>Deal with Cap's Secret Avengers, deciding whether to apprehend or secretly aid them on their efforts to protect people and cover their tracks, affecting troop morale and international approval ratings (and thus the willingness to cooperate with S.H.I.E.L.D. on missions and provide intel) or securing their direct or indirect assistance in future S.H.I.E.L.D. operations.

Mite be great.
>>
>>83895670
Not even remotely what I said. Those would make for excellent boss battles though.

Common enemies could be evil Kryptonians, Brainiac bots, Luthor bots, Parademons, and so on. The possibilities are endless.
>>
>>83880277
There's no Wonder Woman game either, yet you don's see me crying about it.

Look, dude, consider how much of a raging asshole Tony has been for last several years. You're better off without a video game to ruin him further. Do not tempt the monkey's paw.
>>
File: I was wrong about you.png (1 MB, 1919x809) Image search: [Google]
I was wrong about you.png
1 MB, 1919x809
>>83896127
>Look, dude, consider how much of a raging asshole Tony has been for last several years.

I actually thought he and his team was one of the few humanly reasonable characters in the Civil War film adaptation.

They were the only heroes willing to acknowledge how internationally controversial up the situation had gotten with their operations, even omitting Ultron from the equation. Steve brought up some good points (unlike his comrades) with the whole "agendas" bit (especially given Ross's interference,) but Tony, Rhodey, Romanov, and Vision were the only ones that wanted to at least try to understand that the world might not be feeling so secure with the unsanctioned actions of a handful of extra powerful weirdos with a Hulk at their disposal (WHO HAD LOST SAID HULK! Not to mention they were harboring the woman that deliberately unleashed said Hulk on a civilian population, who, by the way, wanted to wander freely in a nation where she is not yet a legal citizen after said debacle to go retrieve some fucking paprika.)

Tony WAS an asshole pre-Civil War. He's gotten enough humble pie in the last few years where I've actually kind of taken to the idea that he genuinely wants to not be an asshole anymore.

>BUT MUH BUCKY
All of which could have been prevented if Cap had just confided in him about the truth of his parent's deaths instead of Tony discovering it himself via seeing the brutal footage with the perpetrator standing right next to him. I'm surprised Tony held back with Cap at all.
>>
>>83891403
U retard Hank Pym made Ultron. MCU Tony made Ultron because Hank Pym didn't exist before Ant Man.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-19+at+12.31.51).png (27 KB, 766x200) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-19+at+12.31.51).png
27 KB, 766x200
>>83897316
That took a lot longer than I thought
>>
>>83896020
great fucking idea. would be hard as shit to pull this off tho
>>
>>83896868
>BUT MUH BUCKY
>reducing a crucial point to a mockable soundbite
Bucky didn't do it voluntarily, and Tony knew that. He basically decided to murder an innocent person instead of the one actually responsible.
>>
>>83882852
>>83883814

I'm not too thrilled at the idea after how annoying it got in SR, where the meter could barely recover because you'd have another event five seconds after you completed one, sometimes two at once.

Maybe it it got seriously retooled and tested. Otherwise I would simply put superman in a planet hulk situation where he is more vulnerable but still powerful.
>>
>>83899579
If someone important to you, say, a wife and/or child, were killed in an accident, only for you to discover that it was far from an accident and the murderer was standing right there, not to mention the only person left you thought you could trust anymore (who the deceased even talked up to be such an amazing person) knew about it for years and hid the truth from you, you wouldn't give a shit in that moment whether or not they did it voluntarily; your blood had been spilt and you'd want blood in kind. (This isn't taking into account the dozens of other factors weighing on Stark's psyche at that moment.)

If you had time to process that beforehand, you wouldn't act like that at seeing the footage. Stark reacted like a normal person would in that situation. For all Stark's errors and personality defects, Cap's the one that fucked up in that scenario (and he understands that, hence his letter.)
>>
File: 1463845403724.jpg (439 KB, 1024x940) Image search: [Google]
1463845403724.jpg
439 KB, 1024x940
>>83900377
As someone that's hardcore Team Cap, I can concur with this. That wasn't Stark acting like an asshole; that was decades of bottled up grief and anguish and the sting of betrayal all unleashes at the exact worst place for it to happen, and it was 100% preventable.

I went into Civil War hoping I'd finally get to see Stark become an amoral asshole, but he was surprisingly agreeable throughout the whole film, even if Cap was slightly more right than he was. the Russos did a spectacular job making the final clash between them something deeply personal to them both instead of "rabble rabble guvmint control."

Plus, I can't deny that Mark 46 is pure sex.
>>
>>83895716
All I'm hearing is you like cinematic games and QTEs. you're the problem anon
>>
>>83902101
Not him, but you're confusing prompts and QTEs.
>>
>>83895598
You haven't played many games if Arkham titles are the worst you've been exposed to.
>>
After movies, video games will be a thing here. Just nuke this fucking board
>>
>>83905350
Why the sage :)
>>
File: AVENGE ME.jpg (85 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
AVENGE ME.jpg
85 KB, 1920x1080
>>83880277
I would love an Avengers game that isn't just a Diablo-esque RPG.

I mean I loved MUA1 and somethings about MUA2, but the idea of the third person action game where you can do group missions online just sounds so appealing and unrestrictive to me.
>>
>>83880277
Bruh a bunch of Marvel games are in the works right now. Spider-Man is just the first
>>
>>83906321
cool sauce bro
>>
>>83894528

They could just invent some reason like, Lex has distibuted Kryptonite to all/most criminals so all/most criminals can do some damage to Supes and you're trying to collect it all and stop whatever Lex has planned.

Hell that could lead to some decent storytelling where at the end you're completely de-powered but you are still fighting on against Lex even though you will probably die, because Superman has gotta Superman.
>>
>>83906580
>Google "Spider-Man PS4 Marvel games"
Not hard at all you fuck.

http://wccftech.com/marvel-spider-man-ps4-just-beginning-going-truly-epic-games/
>>
>>83888088
>Arkham city was the only Good game and that was only because of the atmosphere and Easter eggs

City's story-line was fucking trash though, the "twist" at the end was a joke. The entire third act was a huge let down. Also the whole set up "let's just cordon off a part of the city and it can be a prison" was just fucking retarded.
>>
>>83906722
it doesn't say that any other games are in the works. they say they have the opportunity to do so.

so if this game tanks? not so much, and with that fucking white in the suit i'll bet there won't be a second marvel game
>>
>>83906805
> Also the whole set up "let's just cordon off a part of the city and it can be a prison" was just fucking retarded.

uh no? and pretty sure this happened in the comics too
>>
>>83906854
>uh no? and pretty sure this happened in the comics too

How is it not retarded? As soon as the game started I was like "ugh"

And it happening in the comics wouldn't make it not retarded.

I had way more fun in Asylum and Origins (haven't played Knight). Almost all the criticism of Origins I have seen has centred around them copying movesets of characters and not really adding a whole lot. Which I don't care about because I don't do the extra battle things and mostly played these as to just enjoy the story.
>>
>>83906834
>with that fucking white in the suit i'll bet there won't be a second marvel game
Jesus Christ. Mr. Negative is in the game, and the suit will make sense when you play the game. Try to put two and two together. Plus Insomniac is behind it. Just because you don't like the way a suit looks doesn't mean that the game is dead on arrival
>>
>>83906961
>can't afford current gen
>likes origins

bye loser
>>
>>83906999

Lmao, I have both a PS4 and a gaming PC. I just have little interest in paying more than $30 on games. Especially considering the retarded amount games cost in Australia. I also don't give a damn about playing games years late.
>>
>>83880277
http://www.slashfilm.com/dont-expect-any-marvel-video-games-to-take-place-in-the-marvel-cinematic-universe/
Probably won't get any ever, either since it's mostly the movie version of him that people even care about and they're not going to be making games with him in it.
>>
>>83891537
that's stupid as fuck.

>>83892821
You can use Batman's different gadgets you know.And I'm pretty sure that the one-button hitting is only really applied in the early thugs who don't have any weapons yet.
>>
File: CatJ4RBUUAELGXe.png (706 KB, 700x547) Image search: [Google]
CatJ4RBUUAELGXe.png
706 KB, 700x547
>>83907450
>there will never be an Atsushi Inaba-directed Winter Soldier prequel character action game with hype music in the vein of MGR or Nier Automata
feels bad man
>>
>>83889072

Its even more sad that Saints Row 4 is a better Superman game.
>>
>>83895670
what if you had no lifebar as superman because nothing can touch you. then you get to a major boss fight with darkseid and suddenly you do have one.
>>
>>83895598
Arkham was fucking great are you retarded?
>>
>>83906708
So superman & Batman game
>>
>>83906805
Well I did say atmosphere and Easter eggs
>>
>>83907720
Where's my Spider-Gwen game Kamiya?
>>
>>83899579
>Barnes
>Innocent
pick one and only one, brainwashed or no he's responsible for hundreds of deaths over multiple decades.

killing one person even under duress, can get you executed, a few hundred people tends to imply a harsh punishment
>>
>>83910295
in the alternate universe where spider-gwen won't get killed off for cheap shock value once marvel needs a mid period sales boost
>>
File: 18.jpg (3 MB, 3900x2998) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
3 MB, 3900x2998
Fuck it, I REALLY want a good Aquaman game.

Done right, an Aquaman game could be absolutely BASED.
>>
File: raw.gif (2 MB, 497x280) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
2 MB, 497x280
>>83906805
>>83906961
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.