[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think the US government did to him for this shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: LAUNCH THE MISSILE NOW.jpg (83 KB, 997x414) Image search: [Google]
LAUNCH THE MISSILE NOW.jpg
83 KB, 997x414
What do you think the US government did to him for this shit?
>>
File: 1454980416813.png (82 KB, 558x421) Image search: [Google]
1454980416813.png
82 KB, 558x421
>>83878533

Court-martialed.

Probably dishonorably discharged.

But considering he gave the order to launch a fucking nuke on a whole damn town.

That's a ridiculous amounts of attempted murder.

To put it short his ass is in jail for life.
>>
>>83879205
I think just court marshaled and and dishonorably discharged, it wouldn't be attempted murder because it was technically a combat situation and civilian causalities are a part of that sometimes
>>
>>83878533
gave him a promotion

Honestly if you read US history at all for some reason there's this trend of giving government officials who fuck up massively promotions afterwards
>>
File: gordon wink.jpg (59 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
gordon wink.jpg
59 KB, 500x375
>>83878533

They left him of the hook.

provided he rapes the Joker.
>>
I'm more curious to know if there was a cover up of any kind. Sure, the whole town was aware of what happened, and there was a memorial statue to the Giant, but that was just one small town in Maine.

I can't imagine this incident and the Giant's mere existence going over well in the beginnings of the Cold War.
>>
>>83879484

i guarantee everyone in the northern hemisphere witnessed that unplanned, military-yield nuclear launch AND detonation and the Soviets would have been shitting their pants and finger-fucking the big red button.
>>
>>83878533
court martial, dishonorable discharge, Rape, since he almost wipe out an entire town and anyone with in a good 10 mile radius of the map and would have irradiated the local areas for years he Probably was given a life sentence
>>
File: 1466125511196.gif (2 MB, 225x315) Image search: [Google]
1466125511196.gif
2 MB, 225x315
>>83879546
>manage to save your best friend
>entire world obliterated by nuclear holocaust anyway
>>
>>83879205
The other stuff will get him dishonorably discharged but the nukes? Yeah he fucked his life right there but like someone said I doubt they would consider it attempted murder and only care about the goddamn nukes because that would have screwed everyone
>>
>>83879268
I think there are severe penalties for disrespecting the chain of command, especially in a situation that endangers lives. He grabbed the phone from a general to order a nuclear launch without permission.

Also, as >>83879546 pointed out, what he did was more than just launching a nuke at one town in Maine - he possibly made the Soviets think the US was launching their arsenal. Since the epilogue wasn't just a giant mushroom cloud we can assume the USSR didn't automatically retaliate, but putting the entire world at risk definitely warrants a larger punishment.
>>
>>83878533
MKUltra prisoner.
>>
They probably fired his ass like immediately followed by years in prison for almost going above his chain of command and almost causing a nuclear detonation on a civilian populace after the threat had been neutralized
>>
>>83879284
If he has pull at the Agency, this.

Otherwise >>83879717 or kicked to some backward-ass third world company to start a revolution that'll bite America in the ass two decades later.
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 256x192
We're all going to die Mansley
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 321x157) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 321x157
>>83879818
>For
>Our
>>
Mansley probably got shipped out to Guantanamo Bay where he's sitting in solitary confinement for the rest of his life.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 720x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 720x352
>>83879844
>Country
>>
>>83879846
Gitmo wasn't even open back then.
>>
>>83878533
Forced retirement. The government would cover all of this up.
>>
>>83879876

Alaska it is.
>>
After all was said and done they probably made him disappear Castro style
>>
>>83879876

oops, I forgot.

What's another CIA black site that existed in that era?
>>
>>83879606
>Rape
whaaaaa
>>
The Giant was an alien invader, specifically a scout for a much larger invasion force, that scene from the script that didn't get into the movie makes it clear.

Does that mean the earth eventually will be fucked by the Giant's masters? Even if he tries to defend us, he can't win against an entire army of equally powerful mechs, and there is absolutely nothing earth's military forces can do.
>>
He was made the District Attorney of a crime-ridden city.
>>
>>83878533
Likely court marshaled, dishonourably discharged and a lifetime sentence to a CIA black site prison where he will get rapped by a gorilla, no not a big black man a literally animal-tested savage gorilla.
>>
>>83880106
Some people argue that because that scene wasn't animated, isn't canon.

Because, a nigh-indestructible robot carrying that much firepower and a "blow the fuck up of everything in sight" programming apparently can be explained by not being hostile in purpose, somehow.
>>
>>83880140
Gorillas have tiny dicks tho.
>>
>>83880058
Prison, anon.
>>
>>83878533
Same way the government deals with any rogue spook.

He gets a show trial for due-process purposes, but its fixed from the very start. They blacklist him, take almost all of his money, and ensure he's followed all the time.

So Mansley takes to drinking and becomes a bum. People in town start to whisper. Children wait for him to leave the DC boarding house the Bureau allows him to live in.

And then one day, he decides he wants redemption. He tries to take what he knows to the press, to the Soviets, to anyone who could help him.

Kent Mansley is found dead in the Potomac River three weeks later. Cause of death seems to be due to intoxication and falling off the Taft Bridge. There was no formal investigation.
>>
>>83880106
>>83880200
No, because if the Giant, a machine, can be taught the value of life, then so can his masters.
>>
>>83880139
Clever, anon.
>>
File: mines.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
mines.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>83878533
Made his giant robot anime illegal.
>>
>>83878533
Didn't even make it to trial the general probably brought him out to the woods and blew his brains out
>>
File: bruce.jpg (18 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bruce.jpg
18 KB, 640x480
>>83878533

>The Us Goverment
>Doing something to their whites

Wew, lad.
>>
>literally fucking dead

At the very least. If he didn't try to flee, he could've made it though it all.
But his actions more than damn him to a bullet in the back of the head or some cold war black site at the time, probably for info until he's clean of it.
>>
>>83882704
Heh that's a funny Manley crying like a bitch right before they put a bullet in his head
>>
>>83882839
I'm not sure where this is coming from or what it's supposed to mean.
>>
>>83878533
Considering he act like a spoiled teenager, I think he may have pull in the upper ranks so, at worst this >>83879886
>>
>>83882839
>implying the top brass gives a shit about some dumb Paddy who almost set off WW3
He's fucked, boyo.
>>
He was almost responsible for the nuclear annihilation of a town and everything in the area would have be irradiated for years and he did this by stealing a wallow talkie from the fucking general and attempting to escape in A stolen military vehicle best case scenario he spends a lifetime in a black site or wakes up with a bullet in his skull at the bottom of a lake
>>
>>83881091
The giant was an empty slate though, god knows how the creatures that built him function. What millenia of culturual violence and conquest lies behind them.
>>
>>83878533
>Launching a nuclear weapon in the middle of the cold war
I don't know the US laws about military matters, but in my country he would be dead
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.