[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the shit co? You said this would be good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: sodonespidey.png (272 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
sodonespidey.png
272 KB, 300x450
Why the fuck does co think this is good again? There are a few gems littered around like Electro's story or Vultures but everything else is so shit.

Lets make Carmilla the new scorpion even if its contrived as fuck. Lets turn Sandman into an irredeemable ass. Lets completely destroy Rhino even tho he was fine being retired (the fight between the two rhinos was good tho) Lets fuckover the only good thing about the Lizard and kill his fucking son. Like what is this shit? It's being edgy for the sake of being edgy.

>"LETS JUST FUCKING HAVE LIZARD EAT HIS OWN SON HOW COOL IS THAT"

I might even forgive it because like I said some parts are decent but then we get to start the Grim Hunt. Fuck that. Kraven died with dignity, there was no reason to revive that bastard (some might argue it was worth it for the Tea Party trap in Avengers: Standoff!)

Imo, this has been a disappointment for me. I genuinely fail to see what was good about this. Care to fill me in?
>>
>>83871141
>Lets make Carmilla the new scorpion
Carmilla was already a completely unrelated scorpion.
>>
>>83871510
Yea I know that. But was it necessary to completely copy the old scorpions shtick exactly?
>>
Just because you put what happened in the comic in buzzwords, it doesn't make it bad. It was good.
>>
>>83871141
>Lets turn Sandman into an irredeemable ass. Lets completely destroy Rhino even tho he was fine being retired (the fight between the two rhinos was good tho) Lets fuckover the only good thing about the Lizard and kill his fucking son. Like what is this shit? It's being edgy for the sake of being edgy.

So, you're against anything even semi quasi dark and villains being villains? Fuck off m8, you're clearly part of the MCU generation where badguys r 2 scary 2 b had
>>
>>83871675
No I remember when Sandman was on his path to redemption and was considered Avengers material.

I want my characters to fucking grow up, not regress live every single person did in this entire story. Which I guess was the point of it all? idfk
>>
>>83871675
But the Sandman was way more interesting as a hero.
If you insist on having him not be a hero, at least make him an anti-hero that still helps out, not a murdering asshole.
>>
>>83871734
>I want my characters to fucking grow up
Then don't read capeshit. Trust me on this. I read capeshit too and I feel your pain.
>>
nothing in BND was good, NOTHING.
>>
>>83871734
>I want my characters to fucking grow up

Super hero comic books are about good vs. evil, you need both. And guess what....nobody wants to read about new villains or new heroes, so the status quo will always be maintained eventually
>>
>>83871141
Lizards eat their young. If I remember right alot of the story had to do with Connors losing all his humanity and becoming more Reptilian than he ever has been. The way his dialog was written put that across well.

That Rhino story is one of my personal favorites. Much better than the usual Rhino just bum rushing shit.
>>
Which comic is this?
>>
if you thought the lizard story was out of line, you're a child

not liking it is your own subjective opinion which is fine, but monster stories are supposed to be about monsters being monstrous

frankenstein monster originally murdered children and framed innocent women for murder and relentlessly tracked down his creator far after the man had repented, but you'd probably prefer a story about a bungling lovable oaf with a flat head

fuck outta here
>>
>>83872591
>far after the man had repented

I mean, the rest of it was true, but Victor stayed a complete dick in every single way right to the end.
>>
>>83871141

Worth it for the pay off in Grim Hunt but coincidentally I just framed that variant today since I like the cover.
>>
>>83872378
Yeah I am guilty of liking the Rhino story as well. I hate it that they ruined his happy ending but damn it was written well.

For every Rhino story in the Gauntlet there was a shitty edgy one of the Lizard eating his son alive.
>>
I can't wait for the "all violence is edgy" meme to die.
>>
>>83874098
Cover was nice! But was it worth it though? I mean it practically ruined Kraven's Last Hunt.
>>
>>83871782
It just happens far too soon. Sometimes to characters who aren't even worth being milked as bad guys anymore. All possible stories that could've been told were told.

Its time for them to do something fresh. Not resort to "muh status quo" nonsense.
>>
File: Bigger Bait.jpg (46 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
Bigger Bait.jpg
46 KB, 680x680
>>83871141
>DC fanboys said a Marvel book would be good
>>
>>83872420

Part of the Brand New Day banner. A series anthology issues like the Dark Reign called the Gauntlet, but more Spidey oriented. Most stories feature the return of his old foes in some twisted way or another.

This was kinda a big deal since at the time Spidey was facing new villains like menace and mr negative who were basically the poster child of BND era bad guys.
>>
>>83874210
I like both companies and tend to not choose sides.

That being said I personally didn't find it as great as it was hyped to be. Maybe I am still upset about the OMD crap they pulled like 7 years ago. That's just my personal opinion however, I apologize if it came across as super retarded.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.