[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we Improve Angel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 12
How do we Improve Angel?
>>
File: WhatIfAngel8.jpg (157 KB, 640x797) Image search: [Google]
WhatIfAngel8.jpg
157 KB, 640x797
IronAngel
>>
Make him a chick.
>>
>>83870812
get rid of those gay cosmic wings because nobody read Black Vortex.

Also Uncanny X-Men has Archangel who is only slightly worse but redeemable because of his lack of appearances.

Also wtf are you talking about? Angel is easily the best of the O5 X-men?
>>
Get him the fuck away from X-23/Laura, and replace him with Jubilee in All-New X-Men.

That was Wolverine and Jubilee can have awesome adventures with lesbian subtext, and Angel can be boring somewhere I don't have his angsting over my favorite character constantly.
>>
>>83870812
Teen Angel or adult Angel?

Because the O5 don't need fixing, they need to be deported from this reality
>>
>>83870812
Make him a gay.
>>
>>83870812
Make him Akroma
>>
>>83870812
Give him the hero never die with a cost ability
>>
>>83870891
>LESBIANSLESBIANSLESBIANSLESBIANS
>Putting my fetish on a comic will make it good.

That is why /co/ always have the worst sugestions to improve anything.
>>
File: x23jubilee16.jpg (209 KB, 773x1089) Image search: [Google]
x23jubilee16.jpg
209 KB, 773x1089
>>83871150

I didn't put anything on anything. they started it, and made it more compelling that fucking Wolverine x Angel.

Thankfully they are already killing this shit. Even if the Apocalypse stuff is getting in the way.
>>
Keep Warren blue and give him his shot at running the school.

Warren's problem is that he's never gotten anything that was exclusively his. His powers are substandard, he's not the leader, he's not the smart guy, he's not the funny guy. All he's got is being really good looking and super rich, and it's not like the X-Men are hurting for handsome men or money. The best he's got going for him is the Apocalypse stuff. So you take that stuff, you add the money and charisma, you put him center stage, and you ride it hard until he until people start caring about him.

And settle on a powerset once and for all.
>>
File: x23jubilee33.jpg (308 KB, 757x1199) Image search: [Google]
x23jubilee33.jpg
308 KB, 757x1199
>>83871150

Oh, and...
>>
File: x23jubilee34.jpg (284 KB, 757x1199) Image search: [Google]
x23jubilee34.jpg
284 KB, 757x1199
>>83871226

...followed by...

(Laura follows her, and that landing must have fucking hurt.)
>>
File: x23jubilee23.jpg (130 KB, 758x565) Image search: [Google]
x23jubilee23.jpg
130 KB, 758x565
>>83871242
>>
I love Angel but i'm still legitimately confused why they didn't make him gay instead of Iceman. Oh well, it would've been garbage writing regardless.

I think Angel should splinter from the X-Men, like, fund a new team and just be a superhero. I think Angel would work great going back to the Defenders or Avenging Angel roots and stop the mutant stuff in favor of being a nice super hero. I like to think of that cover for the Marvels series, where he's saving some freaky girl and the crowd below is rioting, I think it'd be great if he just stopped saving his mutant people and started just saving the world.

With, of course, the threat of Arcangel, something in the style of Remender's X-force run, treat Angel like Black manta where he kinda just snaps into a new personality where Apocalypse is concerned, he just holds a petty amount of hatred. It'd be interesting to see a superhero hate like that
>>
File: x23jubilee26.jpg (294 KB, 761x1199) Image search: [Google]
x23jubilee26.jpg
294 KB, 761x1199
>>83871266
>>
File: x23jubilee28.jpg (230 KB, 759x1199) Image search: [Google]
x23jubilee28.jpg
230 KB, 759x1199
>>83871287
>>
File: x23jubilee29.jpg (241 KB, 765x1199) Image search: [Google]
x23jubilee29.jpg
241 KB, 765x1199
>>83871299

...I mean shit. These two have more chemistry as 'friends' than Laura and Angel have in all their issues as lovers.
>>
>>83871322
This is how """"fandons""" killed the concept of friendship.
>>
>>83870812
Even Japan has the decency to make a new cast (I.E. palette swap) when they want to reuse the same story over and over again.
>>
It would be fun if the current three versions went on a trip of self discovery together.
>>
>>83871368

This -> >>83871202
Is not something you put into print without considering the implications. Art and what is drawn is not accidental.

This -> >>83871226 & >>83871242
is more than friendship. Best friends perhaps, but this is the sort of intimate friendship that rarely gets shown in comics, and can become more. For example, Laura is friends with the other X-Men, and she has NEVER had a moment like this with any of them. The intimacy of the scene is such that she doesn't even have as much chemistry with Angel, who she is supposed to be fucking and dating.

That said, I'm perfectly fine with them as just friends.My initial point was that Angel is a bad match for Laura. I just got a little carried away. They don't blend well; thankfully they seem to be moving forwards fixing this, but it should have been done a while back. I didn't care about their fling, fuck, Laura was a prostitute, it is good for her to have some genuine sex, but I never predicted they would stay dating.

I totally want them to get Jubilee of the shelf, though, and into one of the books with Laura. If only because I'm pissed they did something interesting with her, and have fucking shelved her yet again.
>>
>>83870812
Bullet to the head.
>>
>>83870812
Regeneration power like wolverine
Limited healing powers
Enhanced like cap so hes strong enough to carry multiple people

Thats all you need
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 254x199) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 254x199
>>83870846
Heroes never die
>>
Given a chance would you dug your shota self?
>>
>>83872123
Fuck*
>>
>>83871204
How was his apocalypse stuff undone?
Because if it could reactivate, that would be pretty neat

It could have been one of Apocalypse's more long-term projects: altering angel into something more akin to a seraph: two wings covering his feet, two his face, and two to fly, and terrible should those 4 other wings ever open up (flying around Apocalypse singing 'holy holy holy' is optional)
>>
>>83872123

You know what? Fuck it. I take all >>83871484 this back. Both Jubilee and Laura are practically immortal now, they can get together in the future.

I do like Angel, as a person if not a character. He's a genuinely nice dude, and that's good for Laura. I hope they work it out.
>>
>>83870812
second mutation, light base power or something to do with angels. Like how Kurts a devil now or was or maybe
>>
>>83872396
No Austen shit please.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.