[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Putting religion aside is there a song in an animated cartoo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 38390839089508948.jpg (51 KB, 736x527) Image search: [Google]
38390839089508948.jpg
51 KB, 736x527
Putting religion aside
is there a song in an animated cartoon that was more intense than this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwswXjZBj84
>>
>>83864618
I really liked that movie, both as an adaptation of Exodus and as a movie.
>>
>>83864646

Same here. It's rare to find a religion-related work nowadays that doesn't come off as sappy or preaching to the choir. This was just a damn good story on top of being a pretty faithful take on Exodus.
>>
I SEND MY SCOURGE
>>
>>83864767

I SEND THE HORDE
>>
>>83864618

>Jews lied about this story too.
>>
>>83864752
My favorite part was Moses, and how well they did his characterization as a guy who had to be pushed along and feels and doubts.
>>
>>83864998

Moses even in Judeo-Christian tradition is portrayed as a guy with a lot of flaws who is trying to do his best. This movie captured a lot of that very well.
>>
>>83865126
The characters are why I like The Prince Of Egypt more than The Ten Commandments.That, and it's not four hours long.
>>
>>83865176

Funnily enough I think Ten Commandments takes more liberties with the source material than Prince of Egypt does. Only major textual change they do with the latter is playing up Moses and Ramses' relationship as brothers, there's a whole host of different character subplots in Ten Commandments that still fit in with the spirit of the story, but aren't really necessary for its actual impact.
>>
>>83864618
There are tons of intense moments in other.

But apparently only something with a Disney level of animation counts for some reason.
>>
>>83865807
*other animated works
>>
>>83865807
No-ones stopping you from posting examples.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.