[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone please tell me he meant fifth amendment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: The_Flash_135.jpg (77 KB, 507x603) Image search: [Google]
The_Flash_135.jpg
77 KB, 507x603
Someone please tell me he meant fifth amendment
>>
I don't think the fifth amendment covers secret identitys
>>
>>83851423
If any amendment applied, it would be the 4th.

The 12th is hilariously wrong. The twelfth is about presidential and vice presidential election process and the electoral college.
>>
>>83853573

4th is against unlawful search and seizure
5th is Miranda rights (right to remain silent and to representation in a court of law)

Either could work, but I'm not a constitutional scholar by any means.
>>
>>83851423
It's a fictional ammendment exclusive to the DC universe, also known as the "Ingersoll ammendment" (named after a lawyer and comic book writer called Bob Ingersoll) which gives superheroes the right to have secret identities, and to testify in court without revealing them.
>>
fifth. doesn't have to answer without a grand jury on grounds of self incrimination
>>
>>83851423
Should have probably invoked a fictional 28th amendment or something instead of stretching.
>>
>>83854101
>Ingersoll ammendment
>It was more fully explored in Secret Origins (vol. 3) #14 (May 1987), again written by Ostrander, where it is revealed that the Act was passed in 1961 and it reaffirmed the right (that had been cast into doubt by HUAC in 1951) of superheroes to operate with secret identities. That story also reveals that the later "Ingersoll Amendment" (a reference to lawyer and comics writer Bob Ingersoll) to the Keene Act, which delineates governmental authority over superhuman activity in times of crisis, was passed into law in 1972.

Well I'll be damned, it's a real thing. Are you sure it's the twelfth though?
>>
>>83854365
I don't know if it was ever refered to as the 12th outside of this story.
>>
>>83854365
Maybe it's not an amendment to the US Constitution?
>>
>>83854423
>>83854365
It wasn't the 12th. I know this only because I remembered Ingersoll reviewing Flash 135 and wondering why the hell they were using the 12th amendment.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.