[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's official, Carol is going full-on Minority Report now,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: MSMARV2015008-int2-3-05d96.jpg (1 MB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
MSMARV2015008-int2-3-05d96.jpg
1 MB, 900x1366
It's official, Carol is going full-on Minority Report now, and she's trying to turn Kamala into one of fascist enforcers to boot.
That sure didn't take long.
>>
>>83844397
the solicits already spoil that Kamala is gonna turn against her
>>
File: MSMARV2015008-int2-2-82f39.jpg (1 MB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
MSMARV2015008-int2-2-82f39.jpg
1 MB, 900x1366
>>83844397
Might as well post the rest of the preview.
Here's Page 1.
>>
>>83844397
>Takeshi Miyazawa being joined by Adrian Alphona for the first time in several months because of some delays
>>
File: MSMARV2015008-int2-4-718c3.jpg (1 MB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
MSMARV2015008-int2-4-718c3.jpg
1 MB, 900x1366
>>83844427
Page 2 is the OP >>83844397
And hers's the last page
>>
If they have suspicions that someone is gonna do something bad, cant they just tail the guy, collect evidence, and stop right before he does it? Isnt that what drug investigators do?

Why do we always have to go to the extreme and just apprehend people based on a suspicion
>>
Has Tony brought up the whole "registration was due to future math" thing yet or are they going to pretend like that didn't happen.
>>
>>83844421
She really is the new Spidey, ain't she
>>
File: photo.jpg (68 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
68 KB, 900x900
>>83844397
>violating civil liberties is okay as long as it's just one guy at a time
>>
>>83844448
Hopefully Ewing will. He seems to be the only writer trying to make this event more self aware
>>
>>83844442
Fucking this.
In fact, it's exactly what Spider-Man did when Ulysses told him that a civilian would kill 2 people. Spidey followed him until he saw him break into his ex-girlfriend's house with a gun, THEN arrested him.
They're creating a false dichotomy between Tony and Carol of "don't use precognition at all" and "go fascism", when you should just act on Ulysses' intel and keep track of potential threats.
>>
>>83844448
That wasn't Tony, Reed is the one who used future math to justify registration.
>>
>>83844480
and Tony was working closely with Reed.

Plus according to Bendis's current Invincible Iron Man, Tony also uses supermath to predict the future in his day to day life
>>
>>83844397
>fraction of a percent
>probability
Didn't this guy simply had two accurate visions so far, without anyone doing any kind of study on him? Where did this probability bullshit come from?
>>
>Carol; Hey, Kamala, want to help me profile and target people for arrest while creating a facist police state of fear and uncertainty where a single man's word is the be all, end all law of existence?

>Kamala: It's just like one of my Islamic Storybooks!
>>
>>83844503
>two accurate visions
He's had way more than that, especially in the tie-ins.
My guess is that the probabilities thing is supposed to be a twist and Tony Stark will reveal it in a few issues, but other writers didn't realize it was supposed to be a twist and are acting like it's common knowledge.
>>
>>83844503
> probability
> Powers are completely based on this

Oh fucking great beard of Odin, if only there was someone who Bendis didn't constantly shit on, and could manipulate probability and reality...OH RIGHT, WANDA
>>
>>83844397
So is Kamala going full Sharia on everyone's asses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7qZg3zOkpw
>>
>>83844555
But it's foo bad that he does, is what I meant
>>
File: June_6.jpg (3 MB, 2300x3000) Image search: [Google]
June_6.jpg
3 MB, 2300x3000
>>
>>83844397
won't this just end with them asking the dude if he even wants to be their crystal ball?
>>
>>83844654
They asked him and he's willing to help
>>
>>83844397
>>83844427
>>83844439
They shouldn't have brought Kamala in this mess. She is gonna be ruined after this shitty event
>>
>>83844439
Oh look at that excitement and optimism, can't weight to see it all crushed...also aren't these two stuck in red fluid right now as part of Cosby-Regents harem
>>
>>83844906
no one cares about Slott's donut steel villain
>>
>>83844916
But he has the ultimate power of everyone's powers. It's like every nine year olds first comic fanfic
>>
>>83844397
But in the previous comics it was described as him literally experiencing the future, how is that probabilities?
>>
>>83844397
So are we meant to root against Carol, because there's nothing wrong with what shes saying
>>
>>83845042
I dont know, it seems Bendis dislike inhumans and Carol but this is an event to promote Inhumans and Carol
>>
>>83844465
>executing people in the streets is okay as long as they're black

Founding priciples of this great United Nations, Anon.
>>
>>83845042
I'm against arresting people before they do anything.
They should just follow and keep track of potential threats that have no criminal record (99% of super-villains already have one) and arrest them the moment they do something illegal, like real cops do. The punishment doesn't have to come before the crime, you just wait for the crime to begin. And of course, if there's an earthquake or an alien invasion, act on it and prepare for it.
Tony Stark's position is complete and utter bullshit though, he doesn't want to use the precog for anything at all.
>>
I wasn't expecting Wilson to be the one to JMS Carol's side.
>>
>It's not magic
>it's a probability assessment

>without any prior data.

Yeah, no, that's magic. The guy isn't fed info, he literally has visions about shit he doesn't know about.
>>
>>83845077
He was the hero in the last civil war and the movie, it's his turn to be completely wrong
>>
>>83845077
So you're saying we should let people die?
>>
What bothers me is that Civil War II starting because of a future seer is a flimsy premise.

I could think of five or six better conflicts that could develop into CW2, and probably even write them better than Bendis.
>>
>>83845186
When did I say that? I believe they should do what they did in Civil War II Spider-Man >>83844473
They don't need to wait for people to die, they just need to wait for the potential perp to do something illegal, like break into somewhere or pull out a weapon.
It's what real cops do when they get a lead that someone is going to commit a crime but don't have any evidence yet. They set up a sting operation.
>>
>>83845207
There are thousands of murders a day. there isn't enough superheros to cover that.
>>
I hate that they turned Miss Marvel into a Fascist Dike.

My dream was to Carol Danvers to be like this:

https://nhentai.net/g/166551/

A Japanese take into American blonde super heroines.
>>
>>83844966
What! he's totally original, he's nothing like an adaptoid, or rouge, or Amazo, or hope summers. And the entire plot isn't just a rehash of the secret wars mini
>>
>>83844397
see this actually sounds like a compelling argument instead of the BS Bendis has been writing.
>>
>>83844465
Feeling guilty, Ditkovitch?
>>
>>83845199
Well let's see some of those ideas, anon.
>>
File: Civil War II.png (974 KB, 944x654) Image search: [Google]
Civil War II.png
974 KB, 944x654
>>83844421
>>
>>83845119
Yeah, how the hell could Ulysses predict the Celestial Destroyer when NOBODY knew what it was? How could he predict that Thanos would come if he didn't know about Project Pegasus working on a Cosmic Cube and had no way of knowing where Thanos was or that he would find out about the Cube?

Future math requires you to have all the information to work. The Mad Thinker's weakness has always been the "X-Factor", variables he had no way of knowing about.
>>
>>83844465
MY FASCISTFU IS BACK
>>
>>83845349
>Civil War II: The Kamala Custody Case
>>
>>83845119
Magic is just science we don't understand yet.
>>
>>83844801
She's going to be adorably despondent after her Idol turns out to have feet of clay.
>>
>>83845253
>Fascist

fuck off liberal
>>
File: CW II issue 2.png (1 MB, 1308x954) Image search: [Google]
CW II issue 2.png
1 MB, 1308x954
>>83844397
You know what? The anons in the main thread were against it, but I'm gonna check the "comically good and comically evil" slot because all the tie-in paint Carol's side as the correct one
>>
If Kamala died at the end of all of this, I would be happy.
>>
Nor sure why you guys are wasting time on this event.
>>
>>83845186
I'm saying people shouldn't be imprisoned because of one asshole's math equation.
>>
>>83844442
That would be too logical and fair and not cause a massive divide that would change the Marvel universe FOREBBER

This is the laziest event ever conceived, and that's saying something.
>>
>>83845343
Off the top of my head:
>Refugees plot. Some alien race is stuck in its own civil war, and a bunch of its people want to immigrate to Earth. Problem is that their race has a history of violence, akin to the Muslims. Tony is pro-refugee, Carol is anti.
>After the events of Pleasant Hill, it's revealed that SHIELD not only used cosmic cube fragments to lock up villains in a super prison, but subtly changed reality so that their heroes would better appeal to the Marvel populace (which has had a history of sour relations with their heroes). This included making Mjolnir unworthy of Thor so Jane could take over, pushing out mutants for the less-hated Inhumans, and pushing Captain Marvel as their top female hero, along with all other NOW and ANAD changes. Tony is against these changes, Carol is for them.
>Red Skull legitimately runs for president, using the same tactics Trump has used. You can probably guess who would be for and against him.
>A group of Celestial-tier beings abduct all of Marvel's greatest heroes and force them to fight each other. Same heroes vs. heroes battle, but no need to write idealologies.
>The real Civil War is Marvel vs. Bendis. Just legitimately put him in and make him a power-hungry reality warper. Iron Man loves him, Cap not so much.
>>
>>83845406
Imprisoning people is better than letting people die
>>
>>83845396
>X-Men are absent
now is that from the main line or the tie-ins?
>>
>>83845393
FUCK you.
>>
>>83845468
Ideas 2 and 3 are stuff I legit want to see.
>>
>>83845468
>Red Skull legitimately runs for president

How? He wasn't born in the US, was he?
>>
>>83845484
go back to tumblr
>>
>>83845366
No, it's exchanges that break the laws of nature.
>>
>>83845496
He could just use a fake identity.
Dude once became Secretary of Defense by pretending to be a guy called DELL RUSK, he wasn't even trying.
>>
>>83845540
>DELL RUSK
No, not my sides!
>>
>>83845249
Then there aren't enough heroes to go arrest everybody.
>>
>>83845357
>first miles
>now kamala
tony keeps stealing other peoples wards.

fucking straighten up tony, nova is mentorless. throw him a bone
>>
>>83844397

...That's twice now I have seen this claim made - that he doesn't actually have visions, but only super-accurate mathematics calculation of possible futures.

And it is horseshit. No mathematics could have allowed him to predict the arrival of the Celestial Annihilator (or whatever the giant McGuffin was called).

He sees the future. Literally.
>>
>>83845472
Main series. When we made it, we meant that the X-Men should not be present in tha main conflict(they can a have a cameo), like in first civil war
>>
>>83845249
Ulysses doesn't have thousands of visions a day though. He mostly sees big stuff.
>>
>>83844397
So now both sides are basically unhinged assholes?

Oh Marvel...
>>
>>83845552
Yeah, but then all you have to do is reveal he's the red skull. I don't see the potential for civil war
>>
>>83845468
I like the idea of the refugee plot.

Make it a bunch of kree or skrull civilian refugees. Have tony be the "these people need our help and can easily assimilate into our society" type, Have carol be the semi-bigoted "we have a history of war with these people" type. Terror cell makes an attack on earth. heroes are split on security Vs. Aid.
>>
>>83845582
>skrull civilian refugees
Not on Carol's Earth.
>>
>>83845552
There are because you have much longer to get them.
>>
>>83844480

Tony did it too, just not consciously. At least that't what Reed said.

>>83845299

Well.. it's not strange that someone would do what he's doing at some point. The strange thing is that he is succeeding. How can Tony not have developed defenses against an Adaptoid attack yet?

>>83845366

Reed Richards found out the hard way that that's not so in the Marvel Universe.

>>83845402

Why?
>>
>>83845560
it's not mathematics.

it is mathemagic!
>>
>>83845496

He's a clone of the original. So... maybe?
>>
>>83845605
>maybe

Well, that fixes it for me. Enough ambiguity imo, and more cause for the civil warring
>>
Told you Kamala.

Never believe in your heroes.
>>
>>83844421
Carol already got her only fan to hate her. I'm surprised it took Kamala so long to realize that Carol is a terrible person.
>>
>>83845590
see it also ties into secret invasion pretty well and allows a lot of the heroes on carols side to escape without too much damage to their character.

Do you really blame spiderwoman or hank pym for holding anti-skrull views after what they did to them.

It would make sense for a new mother, who spent years as a prisoner to fear the resurgence of a skrull threat. Or for war machine, a nationalist to believe the sovereignty and security of the planet needs to maintain integrity. Nova, being a young kid who constantly faces cosmic threats, worrying about the possibility of dragging earth into cosmic battles.

But of course the other side comes out looking golden as well, you get tony (the futurist who believes that earth needs to become a player in the greater galaxy and that xeno-communities on earth is inevitable), Peter parker(who thinks that the interference of earth heroes in cosmic conflicts has contributed to this mess and thus we should take responsibility). Kamala relating her families own immigrant tale to the conflict, and realising her hero and her are radically different when it comes to ideology.
>>
>>83845666
>666
>terrible person
Whoa there Satan, calm down.
>>
>>83845253
Oh hey, it's the Vampire Bund guy.
>>
>>83844442

I don't know anything about this guy and how many crimes he can predict at a time, but if he could predict crimes for the whole world (or even just the States), then I suppose it would take too much time to follow each and every one of those potential criminals for an unknown amount of time.
>>
>>83844465

I think the argument in that panel isn't that profiling is inherently bad, just too indistinct.
>>
>>83845716
Seems like it's better suited for predicting natural disasters or major terrorist acts.
>>
>>83845119
I think what she's saying is that there's magical means of seeing the future, and he's not doing that.
>>
>>83845558
Nova is cursed to be forever alone...forever.
>>
>>83845558
He's just being a pissant because nobody wants to be the new Iron Man. There was ONE person who ever took the name besides him, and now he's dead.
>>
>>83845789
now I'm just picturing Tony enthusiastically pitching the code-name "Ironlad" to Nova, and then shunning him after he rejects the idea.
>>
>>83845696
Yeah, and its pure gold.
>>
>>83845605
Wasn't the clone in suspended animation from WW2? He's German twice over, most likely.
>>
>>83845468
>>Red Skull legitimately runs for president, using the same tactics Trump has used. You can probably guess who would be for and against him.

I forget, how did his time as a member of the Cabinet go. before turning evil?
>>
>>83845808
How about this for a picture, Anon.
There WAS an Iron Lad. Imagine how happy Tony must've been, only to find out he was just Kang being Kang.
>>
>>83844397
>we'd be detaining people before they commit crimes
>that sounds a lot like profiling!
couldnt be any more racist
>>
>>83845852
Oh I know, this is Tony's attempt at reviving the name.
>>
freedom ain't free
>>
File: Heroes of Math and Magic.jpg (137 KB, 464x640) Image search: [Google]
Heroes of Math and Magic.jpg
137 KB, 464x640
>>83845594
>>
>>83846002
Sure it is, it just costs a lot of money to oppress the freedom of others to kill people they don't like.
>>
>>83844397
>>83844439
This is not the Carol I know, this is not the Carol I loved...I miss Carol.

Sure there was that shit with Marcus and Jack Daniels, but atleast she was a human being...
>>
>>83845253
>I hate that they turned Miss Marvel into a Fascist
turned?
She's always been such!
>>
>>83846080
remember when she ripped a screaming mother who just wanted to leave the country away from her daughter during the first civil war.

or the first time she met spiderman.
>>
>>83846172
To be fair, most people want to beat the shit out of Spider-Man when they first meet him. Shit, some of the people he knows STILL don't like him (Captain Falcon).
>>
>>83845852

But he wasn't being Kang. That is exactly what he was NOT being.
>>
>>83846080
I'm afraid your superhero caught a bad case of eventism. I'm sorry but the symptoms are clear. All you can do is hope she receives no permanent legions during this event, but there is not guarantee...
>>
>>83845827
He paid for bio-weapon researches to kill all not-whites.
Also, Gyrich thought him too hard on the Avengers.
>>
>>83846164
LoL no.

Carol Danvers had problems and was drunk but making her a genocidal dike only happened in the last 8 years.
>>
>>83844459
Does this mean spidy is allowed to stay married now
>>
>>83846267
She's not a genocidal.

And she was a Air Force Security Head for a base involved in Top Secret researches, you don't really become that by being anything remotely liberal.

She's always be proto-fascist, and the Pyschomagnetron only gave her a dick to impregnate Jess.
>>
>>83845676
HOW DOES IT END THEN
inb4 ship the Kree into the Negative Zone, or WE BUILD A WALL
>>
>>83844397

>He's an opportunity. An opportunity for us to fight crime without violence.

But their response to literally every vision he's had has been to go beat the shit out of someone.
>>
>>83846322
so I'm thinking the conflict comes from a skrull ship in orbit, with about 100,000 refugees on it. they want to go to earth but the majority are peaceful and content to wait it out on their city in the sky "the arc" until earth accepts them.

However the anti skull sentiment drives a minor impatient and frankly prejudiced and resentful radical religious faction within the skrull ship to go rogue insisting "the humans shouldn't have a say", "this planet is still promised to us" and that "1 skrull life is worth a thousand humans" and a bunch of bullshit like that.

one of them goes full lone gunman at an event killing a handful of people. Carols side take it as proof that all the skulls should be detained or turned away (suggesting perhaps to send them all to the negative zone). Tony's side believes they should give them a second chance.

So far the conflict is all debate, people amassing support and such, but after the attack there is a lot of political pressure for the heroes to "remove the skrull problem".

Tony has already selected one family to be integrated into a middle american rural town, without shifting shape and in spite of some local prejudice they have adjusted, this renews his hope this will all work out. Everyone looks to this family as proof of concept, tony is confident they will integrate fine.

meanwhile carols side is focused on combating the skrull threat, tracking down the remaining members of the cell on board the ship as a type of detective noir thing, struggling with getting information out of a community that fears and distrusts them because carols side is showing a lot of open hate and disdain towards them.
>>
>>83846581
#notallmuslims the comic, so writers can put their own political ideas in it and everyone who disagree with them in an evil white guy ?
>>
>>83844421
Isn't Tony stealing Miles away from Peter too?
>>
>>83846581
So the story progresses through the eyes of tony and Peter trying to help this family adjust and make plans to distribute the remaining skrulls among the nations of earth. They develop some nifty tech to prevent shape shifting as a way for the skrulls to win human trust. Some factions of the skrull leadership take major offence to this claiming that "their abilities are part of their culture" and that "this level of assimilation might as well be removing everything that makes them Skrull" and tony and peter realise this isn't just about getting humanity to accept skull but a bilateral engagement for peace.

Meanwhile carols squad is following a lead on a major attack planned that would literally wipe out a city. They run out of leads and are forced to resort to literal waterboarding(or an analog who gives a shit) in order to get information out of a suspect. unfortunately the suspect didn't know anything of substance and just fed them lies to get them to stop.

the attack succeeds and a city is destroyed.... lets say detroit.

Carol receives an order from the president/the UN to prepare measures to remove the skrulls from our solar system by any means necessary.

Opting for a non-lethal option(because her time among the skulls while not endearing her to them has made her at least sympathetic to them) carol prepares a negative zone teleport bomb.

following the attack a member of the rural town with the skrull family comes to blows with the father skrull guy(lets call him phil). Phil fights the guy in the parking lot of a walmart and wins but the dude ends up burning down phil house, killing his wife and daughter or something(I don't know that feels cheap and generic) phil removes his shape shifting limiter and reeks unholy revenge. like full on martian manhunter type goo in your lungs bursting out of your chest thing. it gets caught on camera, goes viral.
>>
>>83844397
>>83844439
I'm guessing Kamala will turn on Carol once she finds out that Ulysses predicted that Bruno is gonna fuck up big time and gets pre-arrested
>>
File: poi_101772_wb_0164b.jpg (50 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
poi_101772_wb_0164b.jpg
50 KB, 425x425
Why don't they just have Reed build a crime predicting computer with a lot of restrictions so it doesn't go crazy?
>>
>>83846864
>You can't arrest him for something he hasn't done yet!
>Kamala, he cloned you and then the clones cloned themselves, caused mass destruction and fucked over Jersey. Then he made a dinosaur and shit got really weird. You knew this was coming
>>
>>83844532
Kek. Writers with some sense of nuance might actually go into that and make an interesting commentary on Islam and current events, but this is Mahvel baby. We ain't got time fo' depth.
>>
>>83846661
well yeah, come on. its a civil war comic. of course it is biased as fuck
>>83846793
conflict in the sky as carols side try to remove the skulls for their own safety and everyone else, because carol makes the very good point that "lets face it, this whole thing is fucked, there is no coming back from this. they'll be safer finding literally anywhere else in the galaxy"

Tony and peter refuse to turn their backs on the Skulls even after what happened with phil.

Carols team has managed to sneak the negative zone bomb onto the ship and its only a matter of holding tony off until the clock hits zero.

Then BOOM! out of nowhere, Peter and doctor strange manage to reprogram the bomb to send the arc to the mojoverse instead.

Why, because lets face the negative zone would be cheap and I kind of wrote myself into a box(was originally gonna do k'unlun until I realised how dumb that was).

Mojo accepts the refugees as they are and most of them just get acting jobs as extras. Mojo doesn't give a shit about radical extremists because they make for good tv.

Everyone is left scratching their heads over whether they did the right thing. Phil is still on earth and is now a superskrull trying to repent and make up for what he did and earn back humanities trust.

Carol grows a wicked toothbrush moustache. like charlie chaplain. Decides she doesn't like the mohawk look and starts combing over.

Kamala quits being ms marvel and takes up the name "nomad" or "spider girl" or some shit....

Peter and tony decide to run for president together.

also some random inhuman was replaced with one of the radical skrulls and no-one noticed, setting us up for secret invasion 2.
>>
I think Carols position makes sense if you consider her military background.

If you frame it as a police action, you are punishing people for crimes they didn't commit. That's sketchy as hell unless you catch them red handed.

But lets say you have information that a bunch of radicals have stolen a missile and are planning on launching it at a major city.
Does it matter whether you got that information from an intercepted radio conversation or a verfiably accurate pre-cog?
Not really. Not when lives are on the line. You don't wait for them to fire the missile so you can stop it and THEN go in and mop them up. You don't wait for them to be 5 seconds from pressing the button so that you can catch them red handed. You stop them from firing the missile before they even have it set up.

Carol isn't a steet-level hero who has to make sure that the people she catches robbing a gas station have enough evidence against them to make it through the criminal justice system. She is dealing on the scope of alien invasions and major disasters.
>>
>>83845676

I really like this.
>>
>>83845352
Maybe his power is actually omniscience and he just doesn't realize it/can only use it for this one thing due to his own incompetence.
Kind of like how Magneto is occasionally stated to be capable of manipulating all matter/energy, but just works on metal/magnetism because he's so convinced that that's his limit.
>>
>>83844397
>she's trying to turn Kamala into one of fascist enforcers

She's a Muslim she is already a fascist
>>
>>83846993

Ironically wouldn't this plot-line work a lot better with the older Carol? The one with a very chequered past and some mistakes to make up for? The one that Marvel have tried their best to pretend doesn't exist?
>>
>>83846993
>But lets say you have information that a bunch of radicals have stolen a missile and are planning on launching it at a major city.
That's a bad example, because since they stole a missile, they've already committed a crime.
A better example would be Ulysses predicting that these radicals WILL steal a missile, but haven't done anything illegal yet.
>>
>>83846195
FALCOOOOOON PAWNCH
>>
>>83846982
Some of your ideas are bullshit anon, but you've clearly put more thought into this than Marvel's doing with CW2, so props. I'd read this.
>>
>>83844397
I'm just waiting for Kamala to turn on Carol
>>
File: hitler.png (447 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
hitler.png
447 KB, 640x480
>>83844503

>Ms. Marvel is George W. Bush Hitler now like Ironman used to be

HERE WE GO
>>
File: fixdoor.jpg (22 KB, 388x392) Image search: [Google]
fixdoor.jpg
22 KB, 388x392
>>83844465
>demanding rent is okay even if you haven't fixed this DAMN DOOR
>>
>>83846877

Reed Richard is out of the universe right now. He never made it back into the new Mahhvel.
>>
>>83847129
I kind of gave up after negative zone bomb fight iff I'm being honest.

I kind of backed myself into a corner. If all the skrulls dies then that means the civil war would never end, the personalities involved are too stubborn to let that go. If they go to the negative zone tony and peter would just bring them back. They need to go somewhere they get a bitter sweet ending and at first I though k'unlun would work.

Like mystical inter dimensional kung fu city, sounds peaceful as all heck right?

sounds perfect, they can totally work it out there. but it just didn't sit right. but mojo verse kind of works but its just too comedic in tone.

eh. the follow up stuff is half serious and half just poking fun at marvel.

I think Tony or Peter would probably look at the impact politics had on these events and look at their positions of power and realise its time to work within the system and try for a run at elected office. maybe peter tries for the senate would be a fun storyline. (he's actually a pretty good candidate, former teacher, billionaire industrialist)

Kampala would probably changer her name after coming to blows with carol. really disassociate and Nomad is kind of just the staple name in that type of situation.

and yeah, secret invasion 2... because why the fuck not?
>>
>>83847220

Shut up, Parker. Take some more pictures of Spiderman.
>>
>>83847040
Fascism require the State being the priority even over religion.
>>
>>83847242
>If all the skrulls dies then that means the civil war would never end
Not if nether side is responsible, if it's supervilains or skrulls fault, or the result of the Civil war and both sides are responsible you could get away with it.
It totally a cop out, but of the kind that is common in comics.

Or you could have their ship being upgrade and became an half decent space colony for a time.
Or you could have some balls and have the foundation of a special city on earth where aliens are allowed, the first step for Earth toward becoming part of the galactic civilisations. It would be some sort of spaceport open to aliens, a gateway to space adventures! But it would still be strictly quarantined and feared.
>>
>>83844397

Stark is right
>>
>>83846925
Now that i realize, other villains have been jailed for a fraction of what Bruno has done. Looks like being an Avenger's old flame has its perks
>>
>We can detain them before they commit crimes

Why not, like...

Give them mental treatment, or help improve their communities, or whatever it is that reduces crime rate?
>>
>>83847542
>have some balls
Please, this is writing for marvel not DC.

they don't let you have balls unless its serving synergy with the MCU and last I heard the MCU didn't have skrulls.
>>
>>83847565
Stark thinks that precognition shouldn't be used at all, he would have let Thanos attack Project Pegasus and kill everyone.
Surely there is a middle ground between not using precognition at all and Minority Report.
>>
>>83845249
>There are thousands of murders a day. there isn't enough superheros to cover that.
Because POLICE don't exist in the MU??
>>
>>83846949
>It's only interesting if it's anti-Islam
C'mon man.
>>
>>83844397
isn't Ulysses power the pretty much same thing as the crazy math that tony used to justify some fascist shit a while back
>>
>>83847570
And Bruce Banner has countless charges against him and the only reason he isn't in prison is thanks to his connection to the Avengers. So really, Carol would have every right to detain him even if the impetus is Ulysses predicting he'll kill everyone.
>>
>>83847542
also I kind of wouldn't want the skulls to found an alien city on earth.

between the inhuman and the x-men there are already a ton of factions who's only purpose is to be feared and hated by normies while fighting to protect them.

Just having them be a sovereign city in the savage lands feels generic, and played out.

maybe making the shit earths first colony, and having the city be on mars would work.

Like the skulls use the ship as a city on mars and start the terraforming process. and a ton of humans join the city so it has a diverse make up.

but then i feel like tony wins. which is stagnant. everyone should feel like they lost.
>>
>>83847583
You do that while they're detained.
>>
>>83848047
I wonder how long they are even going to detain Bruce? They probably just need to protect him from anything that would make him go super berserk for a while.
>>
>>83847600
This is like Hillary Vs. Trump. Both sides are horrific in their own way.
>>
>>83844503
Any power that lets you look into the future without that future being absolute is probability based.
>>
One thing no one is looking into is that thes is not like minority reports in the sence that so far he's only pointed at potentially devastating events, either a Celestial invation, or Thanos, etc, not every day crimes don by people.
>>
>>83847583
Ulysses predicts mostly super-crime.
The stuff that is not due to poverty and social neglect, but political or commercial.
You can't appease Thanos.
>>
>>83847299
Islamic doctrine calls for a theocracy so it could work
>>
>>83848254
he's a prophetic seer
>>
>>83848318
How is that even a relevant answer?
>>
>>83848337
sorry linked to the wrong post
>>
>>83848254
Unless Ulysses causes stupid dangerous shit to happen, like a random huge Celestial-like thing attacking or Thanos with a huge gun showing up.
>>
>>83848478
Well, that is another possibility.
What if he causes these things to happen?
Or what if he lies? He could tell a story wrong, see only half and blame the wrong person.
He could frame people or point at the wrong guy.
>>
Hi guys I'm new into capes, can someone please help me understand something? what is tony angry about?only thing Ulyses did was give the heads up about thanos, Carol brought him for the fight, and even if they didn't, he could have died fendingoff Tahnos one they knew he was already on eart, or any other time they fight thanos, I mean, THANOS killed warmachine,is thony just throwing a fit out of anger and looking for a responsable? I tought he was going to go kill thanos in cell, not kidnapqhat seems to be a living long range radar. sory for the gramar english is not my born language.
>>
>>83846877
Oh man, Civil War 2 is literally what Finch wanted to avoid when he put the restrictions on The Machine.
>>
>>83848570
Hello new friend, the answer you are looking for is Bendis.
>>
>>83848570
tony thinks using future seeing abilities to stop bad things before they happen will affect the future and make things worse.

then when carol found out thanos was up to no good she went to stop him and brought Rhodey along who got killed tony is probably letting the death of his friend get to him.

but he does still have a point about not knowing what could happen when using these power to stop future events
>>
>>83848563
We probably need a greater range of predictions. So far, out of 3 predictions, 2 of the disasters have been aliens no one could affect before they came to earth. The Hulk situation is the real precedent setting event since this is a guy (albeit nominally a hero) whom they can lay hands on before he does any harm.
>>
>>83847611
When have police, or any emergency service, ever been useful in capeshit? Except for 9/11 for some fucking reason
>>
>>83847599
>implying DC is any better
>>
>>83844503
That's how his powers actually work. Because Bendis is slow as fuck, it's not going to get revealed in the main book for another 2 issues.

Since all the people doing tie-ins have to get along with their own comics, they can't sit around waiting for that, so they're just jumping ahead to post "reveal of how his powers work."

The X-men tie-in for Civil War II also explained that this is how his powers work.
>>
>>83844397
Honestly, I don't have a problem with this. Considering Earth faces annihilation every other Friday, knowing when and where before it happens would be very good.

Also I'm sure cape comics would love to do away with all the action. Yep, nothing is going to go wrong.
>>
File: The Ultimates 005-014.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
The Ultimates 005-014.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>83848245
Yeah, that's why a regular clairvoyant is pointless in the Marvel Universe because there's an infinite amount ways the future could go. Galactus even explained this to Carol, so she knows that's how time works for a fact.

So someone that just sees the future would just be seeing one of many POSSIBLE futures, which is why you can't really trust their predictions since the future they saw might not be the future that ends up happening.

But someone that instead of seeing a random future instead can go "based on where we're at on the timeline, 98% of the possible futures has this specific event happen" is far more useful and reliable.
>>
>>83844439

>can I ask you to do something big?
>kill Tony, Kamala
>>
>>83846982
>Kamala quits being ms marvel and takes up the name "nomad" or "spider girl" or some shit...
I'd prefer it if kamala decided to try and "redeem" the ms. marvel name, maybe start looking up to mar-vell after learning about him from some of the skull refugees (they respect him right, even if they hate him at the same time?)
>>
>>83849562
I wonder how old Kamala was when Mar-vell died?
>>
>>83849621
I don't think she was even born then, I don't know sliding timescale and all that.
>>
>>83848570
You're absolutely right. We've been saying this for weeks (months counting the leaks). It's pathetic that even a new reader like you can notice this blatant piece of bad writing, and none of Bendis' editors or fellow writers did.
>>
>>83848563
>What if he causes these things to happen?
If he caused these things to happen, then why would his predictions not always come true? The whole point of his visions is that by telling people about them, most of the time they don't come true.

>>83848705
We've seen far more predictions in tie-ins, he predicted at least 2 earthquakes for instance. I already brought up the Civil War II Spider-Man tie-in where they explain how to deal with pre-crime situations properly: >>83844473
>>
>>83844397
Okay so does anyone have any theories on how exactly his Ulysses power works? The only thing I can honestly think about is that it depends on proximity or severity of the crime. Like he knew about cosmic level threats like thanos who would endanger the entire world but why the hell would he know about that guy turning back evil in spider mans book? Or the man who was gonna murder his ex for that matter?

Tony may be doing some stupid shit in this book but he does have the right idea on finding out what exactly triggers the visions
>>
>>83847570

I imagine they blamed it all on Loki. I mean, he was right there in the middle of it, and that kind of chaos seems like something you'd blame on the literal God of Mischief.
>>
>>83849871
I'm thinking its magical but the inuman thing is genetic so I'm not sure how that makes sense
>>
File: 1466023734403.jpg (37 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1466023734403.jpg
37 KB, 480x270
>>83844397
The time has come for Carol's side to start looking bad
>>
>>83850112
I don't want to see the future anymore
>>
>>83849959

It's Bendis so as much as he hates Wanda and Wiccan, he'll crib their powers so Ulysses mutant power is actually tapping into the magic essence of the power cosmic or something and it manifests in the form of probability visions. Granted with him saying that not all visions come true, I'd rather see him get a false vision of Bruno or Kamala's shitstain of a brother Aamir causing some form of catastrophe and because of her meddling then it became true. At worst Carol acts upon it and it leads to the grievous harm/death of the above and Kamala goes full Punished Marvel against her. Hell I know Bendis loves making inside jokes referencing music and memes, he could call this arc "Kill Your Heroes" with Punished Kam and Miles versus Carol and Peter as they got back together for some contrived reason.
>>
>>83844801

The only thing Carol will ruin is her pussy.
>>
>>83850216
I get the feeling Bruno being accused of trigger a major disaster is likely to happen
>>83850263
maybe that's why hulk is nuts she tried to bang him to sate his lust but unleashed a monster
>>
>>83844397

>blah blah math to predict the future

you mean like Richards is always going on about
>>
>>83850320
that would explain him not any pants.
>HULK HORNY!
>>
>>83850552
does hulk get bigger then Angier he gets he seems a lot bigger then usual in that picture
>>
>>83844397
Give it time, Kamala. You won't be liking where this goes.
>>
>>83849112
Actually, the whole "probabilities" thing is mentioned in books that have to take place before the reval. The Vision mentions it in Deadpool in a scene right after the battle with the Celstial Destroyer.
>>
File: Doom'd.png (676 KB, 722x1022) Image search: [Google]
Doom'd.png
676 KB, 722x1022
>>83850345
And only Doom mastered!
>>
>>83844503
If there's even a .000001% chance that this man ISN'T our enemy, we have to take it as an ABSOLUTE certainty!
>>
File: carol, no!.jpg (1 MB, 1952x1604) Image search: [Google]
carol, no!.jpg
1 MB, 1952x1604
>>83844397
>>83844439
Remember what happened last time you trusted Carol, Kamala?
>>
>>83855058
that whole last panel is just great
>>
File: 1384288495952.gif (680 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
1384288495952.gif
680 KB, 499x281
>>83855058
Carol, yes!
>>
>>83855058
Well. I laughed a lot more than I should've

Are there more edits like this?
>>
>>83844427
Hey, look! Mar-vell is back! oh, wait. That's Carol with manface.

>>83844532
>Kamala: are you gonna profile muslims?
>Carol: um...nope
>Kamala: yay!
>>
What if the continuing interventions start a feedback loop that throws Ulysses offing escalating measure?
If he defeats the timeline a lot, maybe the model changes and events just change or don't happen at all.
>>
>>83857448
his vision lead to people causing an apocalypse
>>
>>83844465
Ideally they would't be arresting them for the crime, they'd be arresting them for intent.

I mean, if they were serious about making this realistic (they're not, Bendis isn't putting in that much effort) they'd be trying to push through legislation through to iron out the details and make it more palatable.
>>
>>83844397

>We'll detain people without evidence or trial based on one man's say-so using a process none of us understand.

Yeah, I don't see any way that could go wrong.
>>
>>83857654
oh please that's just a fallacy
>>
>>83845396
What got the reference last Civil War box?
>>
>>83845468
Loki is running for president at the moment. I would love to see a Loki vs Red Skull political book.
>>
>>83844397
Isn't this basically Person of Interest?

Is Tony going to have a different Inhuman that only spits out a social security number?
>>
>>83844427
So now they've stuck Alpha Flight in costumes just as shitty as Carol's.

And why is Puck so tall?
>>
>>83859468
got a height boost from messing around with those biotech peoples stuff
>>
>>83844555
> btw Tony and Wanda used probability to predict disasters and dangers in Force Works.
>>
>>83855058
> Kamala defies Carol
> Gets put across Carol's knee and spanked
> Then gets pegged violently by Carol
> "What has my ass ever done to you, Carol?" Kamala protests.
> "Tempted me with its cuteness! Prepare for the Carol special."
>>
File: 1462043358750.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1462043358750.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>83855486
>>
>>83849562
that would be a good follow up arc.

like you have 10 issues as Ms Nomad or Irongirl, and then kamala learns a bit about the original captain marvel and after some soul searching returns back to the name and tries to redeem it.
>>
>>83861186
And then Carol sues her for trademark infringement.
>>
>>83844397
why does kamala have a problem with profiling? its what muslims do, they discriminate and kill , but call it compassion?

I thought she would be jumping for joy.
>>
>>83844397
>mathematics
This is "probability-altering missiles".
>>
>>83844397
Those are terrible conclusions; that's not how probability works. If there's less than, say, 20%, they'll ignore it, and preparing for anything less than 100% can still lead to wasted time and resources. Also, butterfly effect.
>>
>>83845396
What were the continuity issues? The author filibuster?
>>
>>83845469
Not worth forcing everyone to live in fear of being treated like a criminal despite never committing a crime.
>>
>>83844442
>Why do we always have to go to the extreme and just apprehend people based on a suspicion
Because if they behaved like they had any brains we wouldn't have a story to read.
>>
>>83844465

If trampling someones civil rights will prevent him from killing innocents, then so be it
>>
What if Ulysses tells Carol that Carol is going to fuck Kamala in the ass like a little bitch?

Will Carol take action to prevent that?
>>
>>83845393
>>83845501
>>>>>>>/pol/
>>
>>83862184

As long as one keeps their nose clean, they shouldn't have anything to fear then
>>
>>83844427
Question for people actually reading: Is Aurora 0% crazy in this run?
>>
File: Spider-Man_Vol_2_7_Textless.jpg (18 KB, 200x308) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_Vol_2_7_Textless.jpg
18 KB, 200x308
>>83845765
>Hello darkness my old friend...
>>
Welp so it just regressed into something easy, comfortable and well-trodden, don't know why I was expecting them to experiment and push the envelope with this idea.
>>
>>83862779
That's not what Ulysses said...

Take him away boys.

You have the right to remain silent, if you can't afford a soothsayer to counter Ulysses' claims then another precog will be appointed for you.
>>
>>83862845
>Parker on carols side
This would never happen. Why do they constantly fuck up Spider-Man's character just to push Spider-Black.
>>
>>83864771
power and responsibility works.

Ulyses has a power, peter believes it needs to be used responsibly doing nothing doesn't suit his personality.
>>
>>83844397
I don't see the problem. Assuming things after the intervention and detainment are legal, there is a legal precedence for being able to try someone on the conspiracy to commit certain types of crimes, and depending on when they nab the bad guy, there SHOULD be enough evidence to actually try the suspect for conspiracy.

The legal grey area is spur of the moment things.
>>
>>83844397
Carol "thoughtcrime" Danvers.
>>
>>83844397
So I'm assuming that the Hulk they see rampaging is actually Amadeus?
And they're going to end up unHulking him and that's how he'll get sent back to obscure purgatory and Banner will become Hulk again?
>>
>>83844397
"Subjective data"?
What in the absolute fuck
Who the hell puts those words together?
God damn. Of all the shit I've read, this pisses me off the most
God fucking damn
How the fuck
I'm at a fucking loss for words here
>>
>>83864771
Peter's character gets fucked up when Miles isn't even around though.
>>
>>83844397
Miyazawa is improving. Kamala has her big schnoz back.
>>
File: 2hrzfo6.jpg (269 KB, 943x693) Image search: [Google]
2hrzfo6.jpg
269 KB, 943x693
So who else is INCREDIBLY amused that Carol is going Full Fascist?

I mean, isn't this supposed to be the big event that puts her on the stage for the mainstream world to see? Wasn't that one of the reasons for Civil War II in the first place? So Carol could be launched as a big deal by Marvel?

And here she is being a fucking totalitarian nutter, just like she was in the first Civil War! This feels like a huge prank. It's like Marvel decided to play a joke on everyone and bring back the massive fuckup Carol Danvers from days of yore just in time for her big event. I wonder if she won't start drinking again; didn't Bendis say he would address it?

This is gonna be a shitshow. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>83866450
It reaslly does feel weird there throwing her under the bus. Seeing how Bendis ruined Cyclops character, I wonder how what he's going to do to carol by the end of it.
>>
>>83866406
Hm. That seems true. Didn't even notice.

>>83866450
I think they want to make her a flawed character to mitigate the impression of females not being allowed to fail or be wrong.
But as everything about this event, it's retarded and could be fixed with just a bit of common sense.
You know, like most of the problems the US faces.
>>
>>83844397
>>83844427
>>83844439
So, when it's Marvel going to make Carol's sex change official?
>>
>>83869432
You mean Carl?
>>
File: Carl Dadvers.jpg (74 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
Carl Dadvers.jpg
74 KB, 500x350
>>83869469
>>
>>83869472
the stress of being a father is getting to carol
>>
>>83844801
I hate these big events in general because there's always at least a couple of characters who become irreparable for years after it.

I didn't care about Carol in the first place, but how can she possibly leave this event and still be good.
>>
>>83844801
I don't think Kamala will get ruined as long as she stays true to her character. She's going to lose faith in her idol, which creates drama.
>>
>>83869866
so whos getting custody of her captain marvel or ironman
>>
>>83869954
Loki
>>
>lets detain criminals before the crimes are commited
Bullshit, they'd need to change the whole legislation system in order to do that. And if they illegally detain people, they're criminals themselves.
>>
>>83870007
but he's to busy teaching Bruno to be a mad scientist
>>
File: tdkr old bruce.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tdkr old bruce.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>83870018
They were always criminals
>>
>>83862779
people like you enable fascists. Good job.
>>
>>83870018
Well, to be fair, 99% of crimes in the MU are committed by established super-villains that already have a criminal record and escaped from prison.
>>
Post your face when Carol brings in Teen Jean Grey to mind rape all potential suspects that Carol arrests
>>
File: 1457971188465.jpg (206 KB, 908x908) Image search: [Google]
1457971188465.jpg
206 KB, 908x908
>>83871063
>>
>>83845007
Like Dinah Alcott from Worm. He lives the future and knows the outcome.
>>
>>83866352
Just wait until Jean "Mindrape Without Lube" Grey begins interrogating every suspect and starts outing more fags, revealing dirty sex secrets, exposing fears and anxieties, and becomes more mind-rapey and evil than Yuri from Red Alert 2
>>
>>83871063
>>83871485
Jean Grey and Carol Danvers: the "we don't give a fuck" team-up we didn't know we needed
>>
>>83866450
Literally the same thing happened for Iron Man. They ruin the comic so that the Movie can be the new hotness and take over.
>>
>>83864771
I know. Seriously, Peter went batshit insane in the Ultimate line when Nick Fury attacked him with Spider-Slayers because he thought Peter was going to go evil.

Why the fuck does Peter always end up on the wrong fucking side?
>>
>>83864771
This is developed in Civil War II Spider-Man mini.
He gets to know Ulysses, and he uses his predictions to follow potential criminals and arrest them the moment they actually try and commit a crime. He's not a fascist like Carol, but he's definetly in favor of using Ulysses, he doesn't want any Uncle Bens to get killed by criminals he could have stopped.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.