[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
From the Civil War 2 X-Men Tie-in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11
File: whydoIdothistomyself.jpg (238 KB, 703x617) Image search: [Google]
whydoIdothistomyself.jpg
238 KB, 703x617
I just-
Really? This, coming from "Bobby, you're gay" Jean?
I don't understand. How do I get a job as a Marvel editor? You apparently get paid to do absolutely nothing to maintain a consistent tone among books.
>>
>>83839593
Can you really blame Bunn for not wanting to read Bendis' X-men or Lemire's Extraordinary?
>>
>>83839593
Jean does nothing but peek in other peoples heads, especially under Bendis, so if they aren't building her up as a villain or something then fuck this
>>
Actually isn't that really Jean (and most mind reader's) as usual? No problems rooting through other peoples minds, even on accident but if someone pokes around in yours they're like 20 Hitlerwatts too far
>>
>no, the character's not a hypocritical, petty, manipulative bitch as has been established through multiple titles the editors are retards
>>
Jesus Christ look at all those terrible costumes
>>
>>83839667
The people that actually trained under Xavier have that ideaology, people like Betsy and Emma do not.
Plus, when Jean did it she'd confront people about their thoughts and mind control others.
>>
This was exactly the reason that I hate anyone who could read/change your mind at a moments notice. The power is fucking ridiculous and most people have no real fucking defense against it. I hate the very idea of it and Jean Mother Fucking Grey is the embodiment of why I hate the power. I didnt like Jean (not hate yet, just not a fan) before bendis got his grubby wannabe black hands on her but now I hate her. I'd pay anything just for someone to call her out on her bullshit. How the fuck could she justify telling someone that there Gay? It came out of fucking no where. Not to mention that it was so fucking pointless, he was happy for like 2 seconds about finally "coming out the closet" and after from what I saw Bobby is struggling just to try and talk to guys without fucking it up. Not to mention where does she get off with going into peoples minds period on a daily basis? She can go take her hypocritical ass back to the grave and take all telepaths with her. Psylocke doesn't seem that bad but i honestly dont know much about her character.

>Fuck Telepaths
>Fuck Jean Grey
>Fuck Bendis
>>
>>83839652
>Building her up as a villain.

Yeah, sorry but nope. This is just Bendis being Bendis.

Bendis doesn't even really seem to realize how big of a deal it is that Jean is intruding into other people's heads completely uninvited. The complete invasion of privacy is just really reprehensible and is not a sign of a good moral character. Even if she's younger, she should still know better.

People have secrets that they don't ever want anyone to find out, and digging in their mind and looking through it is just as bad as someone going through somebody's entire laptop, room, email messages, and text messages trying to dig for some dirt on them. If she wanted to, she could be able to blackmail someone since she digs through people's minds so often. That's actually fucking scary, especially since she's supposed to be a hero.

Bendis, I know you sometimes drudge through places like this, so if you're reading this post, fucking stop with your awful writing of Jean. She's horrible and no good mind reading hero would do the shit that she does.
>>
>>83839593
I fucking hate Jean
>>
>>83840057
>Even if she's younger, she should still know better.
She wouldn't, Xavier kept that shit on lock for years for a reason. Still, Jean and her kids are extremely powerful when it comes to psionics, you don't want someone with that much raw power and little to no training in it to mess around with your head.
>>
>>83840057

The best part is when Jean blatantly uses her telepathy to make Warren agree to stay in the present after making a big deal about wanting to go back, in front of other people no less, and the only thing that happens is Kitty going "No! Bad Jean! No mind reading without permission!" for like five second and then they just hug it out and the entire thing is forgotten and nobody is for a second shown to be concerned about Warren's own wishes being fucked over. He isn't even told about it. I mean, Jesus. Teen Jean is the worst.
>>
>>83839593
Hypocrisy is O5 Jean's secondary mutation.
>>
>>83840558
I wish she stayed dead
>>
>>83841129
>The best part is when Jean blatantly uses her telepathy to make Warren agree to stay in the present
That was horrifying and I can't believe Jean got away with that.
>>
>>83841443
This. worst decision ever
>>
>>83839593

What do you mean? Teen Jean is a hypocritical bitch, that's exactly how Bendis wrote her. If you want to complain about her terrible characterization then I'm down for that but this isn't terribly far off from how she's been written in the past.
>>
>>83839593

Whats the problem? A self-centered little brat of a character is ok with poking around other people's minds but hypocritically gets bent out of shape if someone does the same to her.

This is exactly the characterization I expect from Jean Grey. Because she is an asshole.
>>
File: say what jean.jpg (302 KB, 698x599) Image search: [Google]
say what jean.jpg
302 KB, 698x599
>>83839593
>>
>>83842657
Kek
>>
>>83842657

Fukkin nice.
>>
File: Jean is in TOTAL control.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
Jean is in TOTAL control.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2951
>>83841759

>Her scary face and her extremely ominous and villainous presence and dialogue during this scene.

Holy fucking shit, you weren't kidding about it being horrifying. Reading this makes her seem like she's a fucking disaster waiting to happen. I seriously got vibes from Plutonian from Irredeemable from this shit.
>>
>>83840558
>>83841443
>>83842115
Emma, pls continue being irrelevant and keep Hitlerclops with you. Books finally can breathe now Scemma bullshit is gone.
>>
>>83842861
I really hope the next writer on X-Men takes this all the way

if only we could get Claremont back on
>>
>>83839593
>ruins the comic
>ruins the movies
>ruins MvC3
That I can deal with
>stepping to my rubber spined ninja waifu
Just fucking die again Jean
>>
>>83842861
It worries me more how present Warren just looks mildly annoyed. I know he's gone through worse, but he should be at least a bit angry.
>>
>>83842861
This was YEEEEEARS ago and they never followed up on it.

Such a waste.
>>
>>83842944
He was mindfucked completely, he thought O5 in present is best thing since sliced bread.
>>
>>83842944
>>83842993
Did he ever get better from being turned into a retard by that Apocalypsing?
>>
I wish we could somehow convey to bendis at how everything he's gotten his fingers on is so colossally fucked up
>>
>>83843025
Nope. In Uncanny he's kept comatose, waking up only to kill. Psylocke is controlling him.
>>
>>83839593

If Bobby is going to be gay would it kill them to put him in an outfit that doesn't look like some half dead starving child in some ungodly Taiwanese sweatshop designed it? It's fucking hideous.

Also where is the midriff in OP?

Also is Storm not wearing any pants? For what purpose? She has paints in my picture. Did the colorist decide she didn't need any today?
>>
>>83843034
Convey it to him? You mean tell him. Just tell Bendis.

Tell him what we want him to know.

Oy!

>>83843053
I'm fairly annoyed how they were in love and got a sad ending and then she immediately moved on to more romance plots because everyone wants to see the swimsuit ninja fuck.
>>
>>83839593
yuch what's on her mouth?
>>
>>83840057
I remember a magic the gathering novel recently stating that mindmages gone rogue/mad are possibly one of the most terrifying foe ever, because no matter how you'll curbstomp them they'll still leave unrepairable damage to you and sometimes you're not even aware of it
>>
>>83843464
Psychic drool.
>>83843893
Speaking of it, I never read novels. Is it explained why are creatures fighting for planeswalkers? From what I get, creatures are just plucked from their plane and forced to fight.
>>
>>83842864

I like Emma X Scott. They bounce of each other well and mesh.

The worse thing about it was Emma being relegated to the role of Scott's girlfriend. She stopped being her own character and just became an extension of him.
>>
The more and more I come hear the happier I am that I dropped marvel
>>
>>83840057

I think Spiderman said it best that one time.

"People don't hate you because you're mutants, people hate you because you're assholes"
>>
File: nqj18nWIby1un3zp1o6.png (1 MB, 1024x728) Image search: [Google]
nqj18nWIby1un3zp1o6.png
1 MB, 1024x728
>>83844127
if I remember right they're not the actual creatures, but mostly-mindless mana constructs crafted in the image of stuff the planeswalker has seen
>>
>>83844265
That's legit interesting, senpai. It always was weird to me, probably because I didn't explore further, like, Chandra comes, summon goblin and goes "Oi! Protect me with your body!". I always thought there's some amount of mind control involved.
>>
>>83839593
Her and Bobby are day 1 though before these rules were established while she was still learning her powers.
>>
>>83844205
I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that's not a word-for-word quote.
>>
>>83844306

rules apply to where you are not where you're from
>>
File: xmen.jpg (288 KB, 1114x627) Image search: [Google]
xmen.jpg
288 KB, 1114x627
>>83844336

Uh they used censor punctuation and it was in Ultimate

the weird part is I think Bendis actually wrote that bit
>>
>>83844366
I guess that's part when Logan was in Peter's body and he banged MJ?
>>
Can I just add that young Jean is able to use her powers on people who have been training to fight against people with powers including telepaths for a long time without meaning to. Scot could keep his thoughts safe from Emma yet did nothing to stop Jean peeking in.
>>
>>83844512
Because it's JEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAN. She dindu nuffin.
>>
File: CYKEvsEMMA.jpg (162 KB, 658x885) Image search: [Google]
CYKEvsEMMA.jpg
162 KB, 658x885
>>83844131
HorseHockey! They had a great dynamic going for them, the crazy shit Emma kept saying and doing was constantly keeping Cyke on his toes.
Meanwhile he's so "only-as-fucking-Summers-could-be" understanding and patient that characters thought she was using mind-control.
They were teammates together, teachers together, leaders together, went mad together, became gods together, and even (funny story) tried cannibalism together...
And then came those betrayals ... and the eventual resignation to the reality...
That was way better drama than waiting for Jean to die again and ruin their happy marriage, sorta again.

So what if The White Queen ended up a bit too tame for your tastes? You don't know what kind of dirty little adventurous relationship secrets they kept with each other...
>>
I think what annoys me most of all is that if we saw a guy using telepathy in this way not only would it be framed as villainous, you'd probably get a few people (justifiably) calling it rape.
>>
>>83844590

when was the last time we saw a male psychic? Besides cable
>>
File: Kilgrave-ConfessionOfLove.png (3 MB, 2482x1386) Image search: [Google]
Kilgrave-ConfessionOfLove.png
3 MB, 2482x1386
>>83844636
>>
>>83844659
he wasn't psychic, more like a hypnotist
>>
>>83844636
Exodus. Got whacked.
>>
>>83844371
He tried to steal a couple of bases.
And Peter doesn't even know about that shit yet.
>>
>>83844636
Honestly I kind of wonder if that's one of the reasons why you don't see many.
>>
>>83841129
>>83842861

Do you know what. I can make a fucking Crisis event from this shit with Teen Jean and it takes minimal fucking effort. Hell, I could even make it work into Death of X and Apocalypse Wars. Do you want to see how easy it is Marvel? Do you?

Apocalypse Wars
>An all new Apocalypse is being hyped up for the X-Men to fight.
>Has all the signs of being Evans, because obviously.
>Gets the Horsemen, Wither (Famine), Wallflower (Conquest) Brainwashed Kid Gladiator/Omega (War) and Death (Either Warren or Nova (Rider))
> The horsemen wreck the Inhumans.
> X-Men then fight against these horsemen and are winning.
> One of them get a shot at Apocalypse and remove 'his' mask.
> It's Jean. Revealed that Jean became more and more unstable in the future, eventually resulting in her becoming Apocalypse.
> Fallout from that leads up to Death of X as the Inhumans decide to wipe out the X-Men due to the danger that they represent.
>>
>>83844921

Death of X (Unconnected to previous one)
> A new threat wearing the mask of Xorn appears.
> Has technology and abilities which are far beyond the X-Men.
> The X-Men are defeated, the Inhumans are decimated, mankind is made nearly extinct and the world falls under the new villains thumb.
> Turns out that Beast was working with this threat all the time, sabotaging the Inhumans.
> Truly, Xavier's dream has died with Magneto being proven right.
> Cyclops returns with a brand new team and reveals that he had always thought that something was wrong after the O5 returned.
> It turns out that Schism and the summoning of the O5 was actually the result of this Xorn coming back from a different reality.
> Blasts Xorn and reveals them or rather her identity, obviously Teen Jean.
> Teen Jean reveals that she came for a future where she was a villain and that this was all an attempt to make herself a hero.
> Reveals that when he was being tortured by Osborn, she went into Hank's cell and began to implant thoughts and memories into him. Eventually did this to all the X-Men apart from Cyclops as he would have recognized Jean's specific touch (Lazy I know, but give me a break).
>Teen Jean then implanted the idea of bringing the All-New X-Men to the future into Hank in order to ensure as they would divert the attention away from the people who had previously stopped her in the Future, the original New X-Men.
> All the inconsistencies, Hank being unable to send them back, Bobby's sexuality and Cyclops vanishing when Tyke died are due to Jean's tampering
> The New X-Men get together, despite all her interference and under Scott's guidance, kick her ass.
> In the battle, the All New X-Men are killed. They are replaced by the New X-Men.
>Beast either does a heroic sacrifice or runs away, resulting in him getting killed by what remains of this universe's O5 in a way similar to Ian Reed's death in Luther.
> Crisis ends with the birth of Scott Summer's dream.
>>
>>83839593
Jean, Logan, Storm and Beast are the X-Men with absolutely no self-awareness whatsoever.
>>
>>83845078
Self-Awareness requires actual competence in writing. Something that these guys don't have.
>>
>>83844636
Ahura used to have telepathy like his uncle Maximus

Now he's just got Astral projections that can possess other people
>>
>>83839631
Agreed
>>
>>83839593
Who is wirtting this?
>>
>>83844988
Didn't they did that with Battle for Atom Future Jean and with the demon horned Beast?

Also wheres the Avengers?
>>
Inhumans ARE mutants god damn it!
>>
>>83846987
No, it turned out that 'Future Jean' didn't exist and that Future Beast was brainwashed.

Also, if I had to put the Avenger's in that event, they would be some of the POV characters who could only watch in horror as they lost to this great and powerful force. The majority of focus of the crisis though would be on the New X-Men.
>>
>>83847345
See that's what I don't understand about the Inhumans push. They do have their own identity. It may not be as instantly understandable as the X-Men, but it is there.

The inhumans thing was that they were a different culture. An entirely different world then ours. The entire conflict from the Inhumans could have been how their integrated into society.

Hell, if Marvel wanted to be Modern, they could have used the Inhumans as their parallel for Immigrates or Muslims.
>>
>>83847689
Isn't that what they are doing now with them going from being Isolationist to integrating into human society?
>>
>>83847689
Hard to push Inhumans when their identity is eugenics and slavery.
>>
File: 1046802-phoenix_xorn1.jpg (236 KB, 670x1024) Image search: [Google]
1046802-phoenix_xorn1.jpg
236 KB, 670x1024
Magneto was right
>>
>>83847732
Not really... The entire thing that the Inhumans is that they are suddenly replacing the X-Men as the 'minority group' allegory and are gaining a massive 'push'. Also the entire terrigan mists and their connection to the X-Men is just idiotic. Currently, the X-Men have no plots that do not revolve around the Inhumans.

>>83847741
Actually, it can be an interesting story because it can look at the ideas of extremity in a way X-Men can't. See with the X-Men, the extremists like Magneto have been pre-emptive or reactionary. They are responding to perceived threats.

However, with the Inhumans, you can truly look at the idea of a culture and extremities born from it. You can see the culture changing as it comes into contact with the rest of the world. You can see how the world reacts to that new culture, both positively and negatively.

From that friction, you could see how fanatics, believing the Royal Family was poisoning their culture with Genetic Hersey, making them equal to these savages were born.

In fact, if Marvel still wanted to make Maximus an antagonist, he would be perfect for an Isis stand in. He'd be the one convincing humans that it was their right, that they were the ones chosen by genetics that the humans were theirs to rule, shit like that.

But we've got none of that. Instead, what we've got is a franchise which has no idea what it wants to be and has not got the decades of lore (Or at least lore it wants to use) that the X-Men have.
>>
>>83839593
PSYLOCKE YOU ARE A JERK
>>
>>83848049
>So what if The White Queen ended up a bit too tame for your tastes? You don't know what kind of dirty little adventurous relationship secrets they kept with each other...
>>>

Fair points and although Marvel is too-ham fisted to do this right I see Inhumans like the new Transgender Wave in LGBT+ or the BLM groups taking over other minority rallies. This isn't to get completely political but we have always known that X-men where the allegory to various minority groups being marginalized by society. However as they were the "blacks, gay men, etc." of yesteryear, Inhumans are the new flavor of the month minority that has it "harder" than the older generation and it's their time to take that pedestal. It is the push as you said but it mirrors the problem with having one type of character who's whole identity is centered around marginalizion or oppression. Only one can truly hold that crown in comic book settings. This is why I will laugh when the Death of X has the Terrigen Mist do a full genocide of mutants so Inhumans can do a fake teary eyed speech then say they are now the new oppressed minority and therefore respect us when they just proved how short-sighted and hypocritical they are. Magneto is right, Jean might finally die, Kamala probably goes to cry in a corner realizing the Radical Islam allegory but being powerless to do anything, and everyone comes out looking like a bigger asshole than ever before.

Also the only thing that still befuddles me is why did the Inhumans go with the cloud idea instead of creating a genetic test to find out who could be Inhumans. Then they contact those who have the gene and ask them if they would like to become one of them and take them to one of their Terrigen chambers. Sure it sounds cultish and "gas-chamber allegory around" but it's better than setting a cloud of insta-kill for anyone who isn't the Inhuman master race out on the populace and getting away with it because "Inhumans need breeders".
>>
>>83840057

everything bendis has written for the last ten years has been one long shitpost

it's not even entirely his fault since (decreasing numbers of) people keep buying it
>>
>>83850926
If mutants are blacks/gays/jews, Inhumans are definitely muslims.
>>
>>83839652
>building her up as a villain

they already had the evil adult future version of her, so it's not like it's 0% in the cards
>>
>>83839593
>Bobby, you're gay

bendis just gets off on symbolically castrating an unabashedly sexual white man
>>
>>83839875
underrated post
>>
File: X-Men (3).jpg (290 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
X-Men (3).jpg
290 KB, 970x545
>reading modern X-Men
Well there is your problem.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1400x1086) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1400x1086
>Bobby, you're gay.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.