[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I watch Generator Rex?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: grrinar.png (194 KB, 498x287) Image search: [Google]
grrinar.png
194 KB, 498x287
>>
Yeah it's pretty good
>>
Yes.
>>
>>83835905
No. It's trite as fuck and the characters are all extremely flat.
>>
I'm getting mixed signals here.
>>
great waifu material
great story
great villains
>>
>>83835905
Ending was a little rushed for my liking and it suffers of a distinct Ben Tenness that keeps it from dealing with most of the lore they want to use, but the visuals are solid and it's entertaining.
>>
It has good character designs and is close to bring really good but misses the mark.

They also kill off red shirts at an alarming rate
>>
It's a great Saturday Morning Cartoon style show. Something you watch to relax after work when you don't want to have to think about anything. There's no foreshadowing or massive plots with gigantic payouts, just episodic smackdowns. Kind of like Ben Ten
>>
File: Headless_Bobo.png (140 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
Headless_Bobo.png
140 KB, 511x288
>>83838056
This. I watched the first season and it'd think it bland if not for the cool creature designs.
Bobo sucks.
>>
Everything felt empty, limited scenery and shit characters. Story was fucking dog shit.
>>
>>83835905
yes, first season was good, second season is more mixed between good and mediocre, then it picked up in the third season but things got rushed towards the ending
>>
File: Trash.jpg (33 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Trash.jpg
33 KB, 640x640
>>83838446
>It's great if you turn your brain off
>>
I didn't see all of it, but mostly liked what I saw.
I think the biggest problem is that the tone is a bit too lighthearted for the premise. I'm not saying it needs to go full grimdark, but you really shouldn't establish a borderline apocalyptic setting and then goof around with a talking chimp instead of addressing THE FUCKING APOCALYPSE.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.