[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Who Framed Roger Rabbit so good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 630x1200
Why is Who Framed Roger Rabbit so good?
>>
>>83817847
>One of the most solid scripts ever written
>Fantastic animation
>Bob Hoskins blows the fuck out of anyone else who's ever interacted with absent characters in front of a green/blue screen
>Bob Hoskins in general
>Roger is the perfect combination of obtrusive and endearing
>Christopher Lloyd is a great villain
>Classic P.I. mystery story
>>
>>83817847
It's a family friendly Chinatown directed by Zemeckis.
>>
Acting, script, immersion, and nightmare fuel.
>>
>>83817847
The theme and the medium fit perfectly. It's a silly movie that makes people laugh and it's ABOUT how cool it is to be silly and laugh at things.
>>
Original unedited version is best.
I'd play Patty Cake w/Jessica any day of the week.
>>
>>83817847
It has something for everyone and none of it gets in the way.
>>
It gets all the noir cliches perfectly and manages to successfully make them kid-friendly.

And Judge Doom is one of the best kids movie villains ever. It's great seeing Christopher Lloyd paying someone so unlike his other characters.
>>
>>83817847
Judge Doom really didn't have a believeable motivation.
Seriously, who would use one of those free-way things?
>>
>>83818952
> kid-friendly
That's the best part: It's not, and it doesn't matter
>>
File: original-the-reference.png (876 KB, 842x473) Image search: [Google]
original-the-reference.png
876 KB, 842x473
>>83818908
Based Laser Disc
>>
>>83819114
Yeah it's not like evil corporations have ever bought up and then shut down public transport to force people into cars. That's just crazy
>>
>>83817847
P-p-p-p-please, this question shouldn't even be asked.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.