[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.comicbookresources.com/a rticle/civil-war-ii-live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: marvel-social-02c89.jpg (250 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
marvel-social-02c89.jpg
250 KB, 900x470
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/civil-war-ii-live-stream-event-set-for-thursday-on-abc-news

>Marvel and ABC News are partnering for a live-stream event to discuss "Civil War II" #2 and the issue's ramifications, with Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso, writer David Walker ("Power Man & Iron Fist") and FiveThirtyEight's Walter Hickey.

>As revealed on Marvel's official Twitter, the event is set for Thursday, June 16th at 3pm ET, and will stream stream live on ABC News from the network's headquarters in New York City.

>The event marks the second episode in the series, after last week's first installment with "Civil War II" scribe Brian Michael Bendis, Marvel CCO Joe Quesada and Tech Insider's Kirsten Acuna.

I'm more surprised that they had a first episode. Did anyone on /co/ care enough to watch?
>>
>>83805659
>Did anyone on /co/ care enough to watch?
no
>>
I've never been more disgusted at Marvel than I am now
>>
>>83805659
>"Civil War II" #2 and the issue's ramifications
Alright, what the fuck happened?
>>
>>83805882
tony kidnapped ulysses, tortured him a bit, made a copy of his brain to study or something, ulysses saw a vision of hulk killing the avengers and projected it to everybody in the room, and carol went to confront banner

probably some other stuff but who cares
>>
>>83805659
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/video/superheroes-collide-real-world-issues-marvels-civil-war-39568082
Here's the first video, if anybody is assed enough to watch. I think there's a transcript available if you don't want to actually watch.

>>83805882
Iron Man kidnapped Ulysses and locked him in his basement for studying. This is seen as an act of war by the Inhumans, but Captain Marvel and the Ultimates calm them down. The Ultimates confront Iron Man, who admits he is having a nervous breakdown, as Ulysses has a vision that the Hulk kills everybody. The issue ends with Captain Marvel confronting Banner in his lab.

>>83805965
Nah, that's pretty much it. It was a really light issue in terms of content. Twenty pages, and yet it costs five bucks.
>>
>>83805965
And why do they need to go on the news to talk about this?
>>
>>83806003
>Twenty pages, and yet it costs five bucks.
there were more the 20 pages but they were useless double page spreads
so it was more like 25-30 pages

>>83806006
so people who don't pay attention to comics buy it? people who actually read comics are slamming this at worst or are indifferent to what's happening at best
i haven't seen pretty much anybody genuinely excited about what's going on
>>
File: 1465942964852.jpg (101 KB, 566x581) Image search: [Google]
1465942964852.jpg
101 KB, 566x581
>>83805659
>shilling schlock on national news

Lmao this company is beyond saving
>>
File: Mickey Mouse.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Mickey Mouse.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>>83806003
I feel kind of bad for people who work at ABC news. Not that bad, but some of them must have signed up thinking it was a real news organization and now it's barely pretending to be anything but a Disney press release factory.

I mean, lots of news organizations are like that now, but they're supposed to hide it a little better.
>>
>>83807544
this
>>
>>83805659

Wow really?

I mean Marvel is my favorite of the big 2, but who's gonna fucking watch this?

Why not use that time and money to uh I dunno? Replace Bendis?
>>
>>83806003
http://pastebin.com/NHEEixAG
Here's a transcript of the video. It's automatically generated, so you get some gems like this:

>Get there in time they discover this you humans and human society. Get a vision of the future and secret Arabs are torn. And a friendly way about. What this means.
>>
>>83806089
30 pages for 5 bucks is still too high, but it means that marvel gets a huge dollar share as their comics cost more than most. Do they have any $2.99 comics left?
>>
>>83805659
this make me sad
>>
>>83809373
>Do they have any $2.99 comics left?
Nope. Way back when Ms Marvel and She Hulk were the last ones, but they relaunched the former with a 3.99 price and cancelled the latter.
>>
>>83806459
Yup
>>
ABC is owned by disney they always put ads like this in their newscasts
>>
>>83808730
>I mean Marvel is my favorite of the big 2

Current Marvel doesn't deserve your money anon
>>
>>83806459
This
>>
>>83805659
>Marvel and ABC News are partnering for a live-stream event to discuss "Civil War II" #2 and the issue's ramifications
Oh wow...for real?
What for?
kek
>>
>>83808730
>Replace Bendis?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nigga, do you even know who you're talking about? He's the master of Marvel, the king of comics, the future Editor-in-Chief. He has 2 shows based on his creations, Powers and Jessica Jones, and someday Mile Morales will be the next Spider-man in movies or TV.

Sorry mate, but Bendis is the King of Marvel. Those on Team Bendis will guard any and all storylines created by Bendis, or expand on it. I mean look at this shit >>7786999

Once he finally runs Marvel, we will enter an era of Bendis continuity. As long as there's a franchise with a movie or TV show, it won't be safe from Bendis Continuity.

He's the future Editor-in-Chief of Marvel, and the other writers at Marvel know it. The ones that aren't with him are off doing Star Wars.
>>
>>83805659
Years ago I told my mom that the Popeye Christmas special was on, she was disappointed that it was a cg Popeye special and didn't bother watching it. When normal people see that they're talking about the comic and not the movie, they'll lose interest and change the channel.
When the comic books start having commercials? I've seen a few for Rebirth. Is Marvel going to start airing commercials for the next crossover event?
>>
>>83817892
>didn't post the picture
Bendis would be disappointed
>>
>Marvel this desperate to generate discussion
Bwahaha, god this is pathetic. At least when DC You tanked, DC wasn't desperate enough to ask papa WB to shill it even more. Even so at least some DC You titles were genuinely good.
>>
Alright I thought banner was missing and presumed "dead" after Marvel decided The Koreans needed more representation and made Cho the hulk, how did Carol find him in what looks like 6 hours when half the brains and his cousin were all unable to.
>>
File: 1349749870920.jpg (93 KB, 671x397) Image search: [Google]
1349749870920.jpg
93 KB, 671x397
>>83805659
Jesus Christ.

What the fuck is wrong with people?
>>
>>83819669
Well, she does have a battlestation that's able to read the molecular makeup of people from orbit.
>>
>Marvel called their Mom Disney
>Mom forces older brother to take Marvel with him to meet his friends
Are they really that desperate to generate literally any sort of hype for CWII?
>H-hey normie viewers, you should totally check out our hip new event. It's like totally named after that movie everyone liked.
>Please
>>
>>83806003
>>title is Superheroes collide over Real World Issues
...seriously?
>>
>>83806003
>/superheroes-collide-real-world-issues-marvels-civil-war
Ah yes, the great debate about should we as a human race believe in fortune telling. Fucking stupid.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.