[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pete's dragon thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10
New trailer up.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fPOamb6d_20
>>
So far this looks like its going to be a good movie
>>
>>83799471
I really like that dragon design.
>>
So this time the dragon is a dog?
>>
File: 515v8IIFAxL.jpg (57 KB, 351x500) Image search: [Google]
515v8IIFAxL.jpg
57 KB, 351x500
>>83800201
>So far this looks like a bigger flop then Through the Looking Glass

Fixed. Everything about this remake has rubbed me the wrong way. I think the best thing to come out of this project though is that Disney's releasing an artbook compiling stuff related to all of the Disney Dragons
>>
http://archive.is/4Lltr

>The dragon has to be furry. That was the first thing director David Lowery thought when he decided he wanted to remake Pete’s Dragon.

>“I said look, if you put a Game of Thrones dragon in this he’s going to be scaly, he’s going to be cold and he’ll be cool but I want this to be a dragon you really want to give a hug to and snuggle up with,” Lowery explained. “That’s because I love my cats and I was probably petting my cat being like ‘I wish this guy was 20 feet tall.’”

Fuck this guy
>>
File: 1453149456086.gif (2 MB, 331x240) Image search: [Google]
1453149456086.gif
2 MB, 331x240
Remove dragon
>>
File: csgo.jpg (69 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
csgo.jpg
69 KB, 640x628
>I want this to be a dragon you really want to give a hug to and snuggle up with
This movie is going to spawn another batch of kids like me isn't it...
>>
I don't know how I feel about this. The trailer makes me a little curious and I do kinda like the dragon design and the idea of a furry dragon as opposed to a scaly one. It seems so different from the original.

But then again, the original was kinda... hokey. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFQWRwpG6J0
>>
>>83802633
New movie just looks like a really crappy extended live-action episode of Gravity Falls
>>
>>83802633
there's nothing wrong with hokey.
>>
File: the-last-guardian.jpg (398 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the-last-guardian.jpg
398 KB, 1280x720
are we living in the era of half dog half mythical creature designs?
>>
I fail to see a problem, would you kindly spell it out for me please?
>>
>>83802757
Except TLG will be good. This will not.
>>
>>83802819
meh, it will make millions anyway, it's a disney classic for a new era of hipsters, you can already tell it will get the best picture oscar just because
>>
File: mee shee.jpg (49 KB, 262x390) Image search: [Google]
mee shee.jpg
49 KB, 262x390
>Bryce Dallas Howard

We want the Jurassic World audience
>>
If it's successful enough they may use it for something at Fort Wilderness, Animal Kingdom, California Adventure, or some area in China.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete%27s_Dragon_%282016_film%29

For years, old wood-carver Mr. Meacham (Robert Redford) has delighted local children with his tales of a fierce dragon that resides deep in the woods of the Pacific Northwest. To his daughter, Grace (Bryce Dallas Howard), who works as a forest ranger, those stories are little more than tall tales until she meets Pete (Oakes Fegley), a 10-year-old with no family and no home who claims to live in the woods with a giant green dragon named Elliott. From Pete's descriptions, Elliott seems remarkably similar to the dragon from her father's stories. With the help of Natalie (Oona Laurence), an 11-year-old girl whose father Jack (Wes Bentley) owns the local lumber mill, Grace sets out to determine where Pete came from, where he belongs, and the truth about this dragon, but Jack's brother and Natalie's uncle; Gavin (Karl Urban) is interested with capturing the dragon.
>>
Goddamn it must be nice to be Ron Howard's daughter

>Daddy, call up Uncle Steven I wanna be in the new Jurassic Park franchise! Make sure I have a lucrative reoccurring part for sequels! Daddy, call up the Disney folks! I want in on this live action remake money!
>>
>>83803175
>>83803649
Burtonland 2: Electric Boogaloo made less money then John Carter, Tomorrowland and Lone Ranger and that was a sequel to a movie that made a billion dollars and starred Johnny Depp

This thing has zero hype whatsoever and this "Clifford the Big Green Dog" design has been really polarizing to the people that have discovered that this is a thing.

I'm fully expecting a re-evaluation of the "Let's stripmine the animation library for live-action remakes" strategy after this thing. Jungle Book's probably prolonged the lifespan of this cycle, but two flops could at least get them to slow down. The world does not need a Maleficent 2 or a Emma Stone Cruella deVil movie.
>>
File: gaston.jpg (89 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
gaston.jpg
89 KB, 600x429
>>83801606
Karl Urban as gaston when?
>>
File: doc terminus and hoagie.jpg (84 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
doc terminus and hoagie.jpg
84 KB, 1920x1080
>>83799471
>No Doc Terminus and Hoagie doing the charleston
>No Gogans
>Pete is Mowgly 2.0
>No songs at all, no allusion to Candle on the Water nor Every Little Piece (I guess you can't have the female heroine pine for her lost sailor sweetheart)
>speaking of which: New girl character that is in the trailer but doesn't seem to do anything in any scene so far
>contemporary

Oh come on, movie. I wanted to love you.
>>
Pete's Dragon is an upcoming American fantasy adventure film directed by David Lowery from a screenplay written by David Lowery and Toby Halbrooks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Pan_%281953_film%29#Legacy

>Following the studio's success of live-action adaptations of Disney cartoon films including Maleficent and Cinderella, Disney announced other similar movies that are in development, including a film about Tinker Bell which will be titled, Tink.[30] Disney later announced a live action Peter Pan movie with David Lowery directing and co-writing with Toby Halbrooks.[31]

Animated Spiderman will likely be next
>>
>>83802757
He has the head of a camel, the neck of a crocodile, and the ears of a cow. He's both a fish and a mammal.
>>
>>83804136
Too bad. That guy who was Bard in the Hobbit movies is Gaston in the BATB remake. Has Josh Gad for a sidekick.
>>
>>83799471
NOT MUH
>>
>>83803789
>Emma Stone Cruella deVil movie

Good. She can't surpass Glenn Close anyway.
I know those were unnecessary remakes as well, but we don't need a re-remake.
>>
>>83804306
Those movies I mentioned are actual things in pre-production. No dates yet though.
>>
>>83804424
You lie. Please be lying through your teeth.
>>
>>83804776
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3558554/Disney-announces-Jungle-Book-Maleficent-sequels.html
>>
This looks so fucking dumb, if dragons did exist they would be warm blooded anyway, to be able to survive in high altitudes, have enough energy to fly and of course breath fire.
>>
>Dragons are herbivorous.
>No female dragons exist.
>Still kidnap princesses and sheep, because dragons have needs.
>>
File: Hyenas_2332980b.jpg (68 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Hyenas_2332980b.jpg
68 KB, 620x387
>>83802757
I don't think there's any dog in that thing
>>
>>83804776
http://qz.com/373062/why-disney-cant-stop-making-live-action-versions-of-its-cartoons/

Yesterday, the Hollywood Reporter revealed that the company is developing a live-action Mulan. That’s another Disney princess crossed off the shrinking list that live only in animated form. Update: Disney will also make a Winnie the Pooh live-action movie, according to Deadline.

Here are the live-action films Disney will make over the next few years:

2015:
Cinderella (already released)
2016:
Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass
The Jungle Book
2017:
Beauty and the Beast
TBD:
Dumbo
Mulan
Winnie the Pooh
>>
>>83806239
Familiar stories, re-imagined in live action, have proved a surefire way of making lots and lots of money with relatively small initial investments. Alice in Wonderland, not based on a Disney cartoon but on the well-loved Lewis Carroll story, made over $1 billion internationally on a budget of about $150 million. Maleficent (a retelling of Disney’s Sleeping Beauty from the villain’s point of view) made over $750 million on a similar budget. Cinderella, which brings the Disney animated princess to life, was released only two weeks ago in the US and has already made $335 million—more than three times its budget. Not only do the live-action versions seem to offer better returns on their investments, but in making them, Disney brass avoids having to take a risk on a new idea.
>>
http://deadline.com/2016/04/peter-pan-live-action-disney-film-david-lowery-petes-dragon-1201736940/

This becomes another strong project for Disney’s live-action division, run by Sean Bailey, which has generated its own list of family-themed blockbusters from past Disney properties and theme park attractions and some originals. It doesn’t get the ink accorded to sister silos Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm, but it has gotten results that should continue with the upcoming Jon Favreau-directed The Jungle Book, which is already slated to develop a sequel. The division has a Tim Burton-directed Dumbo percolating, and Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, which directors Joachin Ronning and Espen Sanberg have wrapped.

Also percolating is the James Bobin-directed sequel Alice Through The Looking Glass, a Mary Poppins sequel with Rob Marshall directing Emily Blunt and Hamilton‘s Lin Manuel Miranda, the Bill Condon-directed Beauty And The Beast with Emma Watson, Angelina Jolie in Maleficent 2, Emma Stone set for Cruella De Ville, Dwayne Johnson attached to Jungle Cruise, James Mangold developing Captain Nemo, Ehren Kruger developing Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, with a version of Tower Of Terror based on a John August idea. There is also Tinkerbell, which has Reese Witherspoon attached. Latter film is on track to happen before Peter Pan, and it is possible that there could be some crossover cast.

>Dumbo
>Mary Poppins
>Beauty And The Beast
>Maleficent 2
>Cruella De Ville
>Jungle Cruise
>Captain Nemo
>Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
>Tower Of Terror
>Tinkerbell
>Peter Pan
>>
>>83799471
neat
>>
>>83799471
Does that dragon have a pit bull face?
>>
>>83807277
>>Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
Sweet Jesus I need this.
Frog and Toad are best.
>>
>>83810160
Mr Toad's Wild Ride is the Wind in the Willows, not Frog and Toad.
>>
File: 1455655670896.jpg (5 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1455655670896.jpg
5 KB, 125x125
>>83799471
>modern trend to make friendly dragons
It failed with Eragon, it will fail here.
>>
>>83810535
You know this is a remake of an existing movie, right?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.