[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xorn thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Xorn2.jpg (36 KB, 442x442) Image search: [Google]
Xorn2.jpg
36 KB, 442x442
I've been reading New X-Men the past few days and just finished #146.
You know. THAT part.
I never understood why it was seen as such a big deal before but having now experienced it first hand... yeah, it's fucking stupid at face value.
What was the story behind the decision again? Was it always the plan or did Grant have to do a rapid rewrite for some reason? It feels so rushed, not to mention nonsensical. We'd seen this dude's internal monologues before FFS.
I recall that Bendis added to the convolution later on but forget the details.
>>
>>83796001
It was always the plan. And yes, it turned out to be so retarded that Claremont himself retconned it right away.
>>
>>83796375
thnx
>>
>>83797898
no prob
>>
>>83796001
>What was the story behind the decision again?

It was post 9/11 and Morrison viewed Magneto as a terrorist and wanted to tear him down

Marvel editorial was always against the idea and tried to convince Morrison to not go through with Planet X. Even Morrison looking back thinks he went a little overboard, but he either lost or was losing people close to him so he was in a dark mood at the time
>>
Thought the story was that Morrison wanted to do new shit but editorial wanted it to be x-men versus magneto again so he was forced to bring magneto in and had his head removed.
>>
>>83798493

You would be incorrect

Editorial only stepped in after Morrison left
>>
>>83798398
>Morrison viewed Magneto as a terrorist

Really! And did he view water as wet, or the sky as blue? Crazy Scotsman, eh? Must be all that whisky... and acid!
>>
>>83796001
>We'd seen this dude's internal monologues before FFS.

In the form of a letter, numbnuts. Xorn's twist makes perfect sense, the entire run is building up to the reveal and literally is littered with subtle clues that you only get in retrospect.

Xorn only got convoluted when Marvel went full retarded with the backpedalling and introduced Xorn's twin and then Bendis did his shit. Morrison had built a good loophole to exonerate Magneto and considering how he once got deaged to a baby and got back from it getting killed was hardly that difficult to reverse.
>>
>>83799032
>Morrison had built a good loophole to exonerate Magneto
What was this?
>>
>>83799032
So it was magneto sitting with an old chinese man...musing about the province or whatever they came from? Or I giess the narration is a lie and it was just xorn eating noodles and like...bitching about the holocaust or something
>>
>>83799197
He was being mind controlled by Sublime, the sentient bacteria, broheim. Just like Beast in the set in the future dystopia final arc.

>>83799263
Almost the entire story is narrated by Xorn's handwritten letter to Xavier, so half of it is most likely pure bullshit there to just reinforce the narrative that he's a supercool, likable pacifist Chinaman. It's pretty devious and fucked up when you realize it's Magneto befriending his old friend via a mask by pulling his strings with all the idealist flowery lines that he knows will win Chuck's confidence, which it does because he gets his own hand selected special class to teach, who then go to become his new teenage inner circle to his new Brotherhood.
>>
>>83799585
Eh I always felt the twist came at the cost of what could have been a wonderfully realized character. Likebweighing the two I wish he'd just left xorn xorn. But that's morrisons curse. Bring in an interesting character. Then kill it. Then someone else brings it back.
Happened wit xorn, quentin quite, and damian wayne.
>>
>>83799792
but that's the beauty of the lie, you want to believe in it so much and then get stabbed in the back. And Marvel could have so easily have just said Magneto just robbed Xorn's identity and brought the real Xorn to the books instead of the idiotic twin brother bs.
>>
>>83796001
>Was it always the plan
I think so, yes. For more evidence, in D&D, from before this, a "Xorn" is a kind of monster that eats metal, so the Magneto connection was there since the beginning.
>>
>>83796001
I really enjoyed Ultimate Zorn and Xorn. They should be brought back
>>
>>83799972
Also everything he does is something that "theoretically" can be done through Magnetism.
>>
The brilliance in Xorn is that Magento, who has championed how his violent means will improve mutant kind, did more good as a humble teacher then he ever could as a terrorist.
>>
>>83800893
Is there a list somewhere?
I've heard about how his healing's actually magnets but what about the blue supernova he had going in China? Or the light show whenever he unmasks?
>>
>>83803400
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/character-related-topics/xorn-xplained/page/0/2
>>
>>83803593
cheers senpai
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.