[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this show that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: ytho.jpg (14 KB, 193x262) Image search: [Google]
ytho.jpg
14 KB, 193x262
Why does everybody seem to hate this and Ultimate Alien so much?
>>
Alien Force did a lot of things that divided fans. Ben and Gwen's personality were drastically changed even for a 5 year time skip, they got rid of Ben's original set of aliens, Gwen doesn't use spells anymore, Grandpa Max is no longer a main character and instead we get Kevin who is now a good guy and all of a sudden has completely different powers which brings me to my next point, Alien Force decided to make all supernatural powers just alien powers. Gwen's powers? She's an Anodite. Kevin's powers? He's an Osmosian. And some people preferred it when Ben 10 had both supernatural and extraterrestrial elements. Alien Force also went with a different artstyle which might have put some people off.
>>
>>83786770
'cause it was boring
>>
File: GT.jpg (4 KB, 263x179) Image search: [Google]
GT.jpg
4 KB, 263x179
Remember
>>
>>83787839
I don't get it
>>
>>83788108
filename
>>
Really nothing beats the OS and one of the benefits it had was establishing a good epilogue with Ben 10,000. Frankly that should have been the next logical step for the series. I personally dont care for AF, UA, or OV
>>
The first few seasons had some promises but it soon became a cash cow with no substance.

Not even Omniverse could've revive the series from the AFU fuck up.
>>
>>83788303
Honestly my first thought was the Mystery Machine.
>>
>>83788464
I wish the Nemetrix was in a better series. I just like the idea of extinct predatory aliens that counter bens
>>
>>83788464
>>83788525
i started watching Omniverse and am liking it (watched the OS and some of AF/UA), is there a big drop in quality or something?
>>
Anyone else find most of Ben 10 really visually bland? Excluding Omniverse, it felt like it lacked any sense of stylistic substance. Real muted colors, except for green, cause that was the 'thing' with the show.
>>
OS still remains the best because Vilgax was actually a good villain
>>
>>83788552
Nah, I'd say it only gets better. The series finale was a bit anticlimatic, but I enjoyed OV the most out of all 4.

Don't bother watched Ultimate Alien. It's literally the most boring and blatant cash grab out of al 4.
>>
>>83788558
UAF went for the "discount anime" design that was so hip with the kids during the early 2000's (which limited the animation from being more fluid and dynamic) and thought making the series more serious meant changing all the colors dark like Snyder does.
>>
File: Huurrrg.jpg (22 KB, 184x216) Image search: [Google]
Huurrrg.jpg
22 KB, 184x216
>>83787819
shit that really sums it all up doesn't it
>>
>>83786770
Alien Force and Ultimate Alien were the best. Omniverse sucked ass.
>>
Didn't Duffie not even seen much of the original before he got put on the show after the original writers got kicked out?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.