[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Steve too strong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: avx2-05.png (2 MB, 988x1500) Image search: [Google]
avx2-05.png
2 MB, 988x1500
Captain America can Spartan kick trucks hard enough to send people flying, pull military choppers down, throw motorcycles through armored hummers, and over power Spiderman. He's stronger than Ironman in the movies.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>83782268

No. "Peak human dumb Batman" Cap is pretty boring. Making him clearly more than an olympian adds a lot to the character.
>>
>>83782338
But he overpowered someone that caught a speeding SUV that's some higher tier strength.
>>
>>83782433

He didn't overpower Spidey. He outfought him. C-class superstrength + genius fighting skill > B-class superstrength + amateur fighting skills + spider sense - awe
>>
File: warpath.jpg (635 KB, 1241x629) Image search: [Google]
warpath.jpg
635 KB, 1241x629
>>83782338
he wasnt always like that. A few days ago X-Anon storytimed the first Secret Wars and Wolverine said "he is the least of us" as in, he has no superpowers at all, and Thor had to convince them to accept Cap as the leader of the hero group.

But in recent comics, Cap is clearly a superpowered being with some degree of superhuman strength, and obviously a bullshit shield that no villain takes away from him, his shield might as well be a force field.

In Avengers vs X-Men he defeated Warpath, survived Gambit making his chest symbol explode with no problems or getting unconcious, and Polaris deflected his shield instead of keeping it herself.

He is more bullshit than Batman at this point.
>>
>>83782605
>>83782268
Comic Cap isn't as strong as movie Cap dumbass.
>>
>>83782605
I love this page so much. At no point did anyone in the process realize that Captain America beating up a Native American was maybe not the best image
>>
>>83782801
What do you expect? He's Hydra.
>>
>>83782801
Avengers vs X-Men may not be the worst event ever (it is bad, but not Amazons attack or Ultimatum), but it may be the one with the worst fight scenes ever.
Psylocke ties with Daredevil because reading his mind gave her a headache, because he has super senses.

Magneto vs Iron Man was also retarded.
>>
File: captain_america_benchpress.jpg (143 KB, 610x363) Image search: [Google]
captain_america_benchpress.jpg
143 KB, 610x363
Not sure what would be considered peak human ability, but I think bench pressing half a ton might be a bit overboard.
>>
>>83782961
Look at actual bench press records dude he's less than a hundred pounds over strongmen, this is very low on "peak human" offenses
>>
>>83782915
Nah Ironman beats old Jews at they're on game all the time
>>
>>83782268
Also he didn't necessarily "over power" MCU spidey, he sorta used his weight and his moves against spidey. I think spidey is still stronger, (considering he super easily overpowered bucky's metal arm) but he lost because he was not as good as a fighter as cap. He was also not as aware of his surroundings as an experienced fighter suck as cap.
>>
File: captain america serum.jpg (77 KB, 397x205) Image search: [Google]
captain america serum.jpg
77 KB, 397x205
616 Cap is peak human, Ultimate Cap has superhuman strength

really though, it doesn't matter what his previous abilities are, since the next writer to come along will just make up whatever they want

>>83784843
>He was also not as aware of his surroundings
what is spider-sense?
>>
>>83782961
I thought that was iron man behind Cap for a minute and I'm just sitting here thinking Tony's a goddamn loony.
>>
>>83782801
Did they fought over land?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.