[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He can't be a Holocaust survivor forever.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 7
File: Magneto_430.jpg (79 KB, 430x500) Image search: [Google]
Magneto_430.jpg
79 KB, 430x500
He can't be a Holocaust survivor forever.
>>
Why not? Magical deaging explains it all really
>>
he's already been deaged twice
>>
>>83756791
He usually gets magically rejuvenated by some bullshit every so often. So it's like Cap or Fury.
>>
He can. He got turned into a baby in a fight with the avengers and then aged back up to adult by his mutant allies, younger than his original age.

What he can't be is Charles Xavier's contemporary forever.
>>
File: TALES OF SUSPENSE ISH 66 14.jpg (29 KB, 249x287) Image search: [Google]
TALES OF SUSPENSE ISH 66 14.jpg
29 KB, 249x287
I agree someone needs to finish the job
>>
>>83756791
Yes he can. He have been deaged multiple times. The one that can't be whatever anyone is Xavier since he met a relatively young Magneto when they became off again and on again friends.
>>
>>83756857
I think it's three times.

>>83756905
You're not even the original Red Skull, you fucking clone. Your bullshit daughter has more right to exist than you do.
>>
>>83756928
Xavier's had his body fucked around by Shi'Ar science and used to live with Skrulls. You don't get to tell him shit about ageing.
>>
>>83756967
Xavier was like in his 30's when he formed the X-Men, eventually that's going to go away.
>>
>>83757027
Xavier has been bald since he turned 18 and he lost his legs in Egypt fighting some alien D-lister called Lucifer who's sole claim to fame is "First person to cripple Professor X".
>>
>>83756791
In 40 years, he'll have survived whatever the lgbt community decide to call the 90's
>>
File: raveneto.jpg (82 KB, 900x1165) Image search: [Google]
raveneto.jpg
82 KB, 900x1165
>>83757162
>young Erik Lehnsherr stood helpless while his adopted fathers were excited in the Pulseocaust
>they were killed for simply being different; for wanting to party
>he swears it will never happen again on his watch
>>
You can keep de-aging but at some point it's gonna be a little weird that he's a 40 year oldish man who was born in the 1920's and probably thinks rock n roll is the devil's music.

Do we really want to get into "Magneto is the oldest person on the planet" territory even if he still looks young?
>>
>>83756791
>mutant reduced ageing
Boom, there ya go.
>>
>>83756791
kill him, and replace him with someone else from a difference genocidal conflict.
darfur, or something
>>
>>83756791
He can't be, because the holocaust was faked.
>>
>>83756791
Yeah, you can't survive what didn't happen!
>>
>>83757162

but the AIDS crisis was in the 80s

>>83757438

>Do we really want to get into "Magneto is the oldest person on the planet" territory even if he still looks young?

you know this is a franchise with stupid shit like Apocalypse right?
>>
>>83757438
nah it'll be fine
>>
>>83757438
Magento isn't even close to being the oldest person on Earth in the Marvel Universe.
>>
>>83757857
X-Men Relaunch:

Magneto being so old and a Jew is one of the few people on the planet who know the truth about the Holocaust being faked.

That's the real reason why Xavier fights him. The whole X-Men mutant thing is just a ruse concocted by Xavier's Jew masters who want to destroy Magneto for defying the Elders.
>>
He got de aged by that space entity anyways
>>
>>83758312
>but the AIDS crisis was in the 80s

not in Texas

5,000 new hetero infections every year and climbing

>hurr gay problem

y'all gon die, pardner
>>
>>83758747
Nah, it's just that Texans are fags.
>>
>>83758747

That's because the majority of HIV infections are because of drugs, not sex.
>>
>>83756791
what about Karma escaping from the Vietnam war?
What about Dazzler being a disco musician?
>>
>>83759050
>what about Karma escaping from the Vietnam war?

Speaking of the 'nam, did they retcon Frank and Tony yet?
>>
>>83758834
And hilariously, the pharma companies have created a massive intravenously injected userbase thanks to their sloppy money-seeking push on literal heroin-family pills like candy

Say hello to a hell of a lot more HIV soon
>>
>>83759050
Dazzler can be a disco musician forever.
>>
>>83759094
Yes on both. Iraq now.
>>
http://endgenocide.org/learn/past-genocides/

Cambodia or Bosnia?

Might need to rework his backstory a bit but you could always change it so that he's the survivor of a different genocide
>>
>>83757453
>Jews from Soviet pogroms

Boom, good until the 1980's becomes too dated for a backstory.
>>
>>83759213

Maybe the Yugoslav wars? Not exactly genocide, but senseless ethnic conflict.
>>
Does anyone in this thread have even the slightest idea of the kind of bullshit Magneto can pull? This is like asking why Doc Strange hasn't died of old age.
>>
>>83759094

Frank got deaged in Frankencastle so they shouldn't have to.

of course Rucka did anyway
>>
File: 1394331800424.jpg (23 KB, 500x428) Image search: [Google]
1394331800424.jpg
23 KB, 500x428
Reboot the marvel universe so the holocaust happened in the 90s instead of the 30s

problem solved
>>
>>83756791
Why the fuck not?
Are we going to forget what the fucking Holocaust was anytime soon? Just give him the fucking infinity serum or have him have a second mutation that makes him effectively ageless. It's not that hard.
>>
>>83756791
Bullshit. I can always be real in his mind.
>>
>>83763064
>Are we going to forget what the fucking Holocaust was anytime soon?
personally, i am
>>
File: Trnopolje.jpg (32 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Trnopolje.jpg
32 KB, 400x240
>>83759213
>>83761492
Yugoslavia or Bosnia almost certainly. Isn't Mags already sort of generic Eastern European?

I've thought for a while now that they were going to do exactly this. The ethnic cleansing in the Balkans is PERFECT for Magneto's updated origin. It's as much a monstrous example of man's inhumanity to man as the Holocaust. This is what Mags' new origin will be.
>>
>>83763822
Nobody in America knows those things happened.
>>
>>83756791
Sliding Timescale; 616 Holocaust took place in '89.
>>
>>83761492
Oh no genocide did occur in Bosnia, it's not a bad suggestion.
>>
>>83756878
>He can. He got turned into a baby in a fight with the avengers and then aged back up to adult by his mutant allies, younger than his original age.

Exactly. When he was restored to adulthood, he wasn't restored to the same age as he was previously, but to "the prime of his life," which is presumably around 25 or so. Even given the glacial pace of Marvel time, that still means he should be physically like maybe 28 or 30 by now.
>>
>>83759050
Karma still works since her background would put her as being a member of the Degar minority, who still suffer persecution.

Dazzler's been retconned as a retropop act.
>>
>>83756791
He uses magnetism to live longer.
Bam, Done.
>>
>>83756791
Best solution I can think of is to just get the entirety of world war 2 caught up in the sliding timescale
>>
>>83756791
Well some SJWs sites wants jews and to fo fuck themselves and want Magneto to be a Malcolm X fan that witnessed the assassinartion
>>
>>83757438
>You can keep de-aging but at some point it's gonna be a little weird that he's a 40 year oldish man who was born in the 1920's and probably thinks rock n roll is the devil's music.
It worked for Steve Rogers.
>>
>>83756791
secondary mutation of a healing factor that also retards the aging process
>>
>>83763925
It's a great idea; however, given the current political climate I find the likelihood of a Muslim Magneto, well, real, real low.
>>
Did Magneto and Kitty Pride ever have a Jewish talk?
>>
>>83764943
They might be able to get away with it thanks to kamala but to do so they would probably have to ruin the one good diverse comic they have
>>
I really dont understand his hate for humans
the guy who sentenced him to a holocaust camp was not even one
>>
>>83765648
>I really dont understand his hate for humans
That's because you are assuming X-men humans are the same as humans in real life. They are not. They are retards, like those villains in Captain Planet who spend billions of dollars polluting the environment and get nothing out of it. (The creator of Captain Planet admits that he couldn't allow his villains to ever have a reason to do bad things, they had to do bad for the sake of being bad.)

For that same reason, humans in X-men are retards who are too dumb to live. Since the humans are the true antagonists, they get the villain stupidity as a whole.
>>
>>83765668
t. senator kelly
>>
>>83763017
>Reboot the marvel universe so the holocaust happened

>problem solved
>>
>>83765668
>Captain Planet
Dont remind me
I remember an episode where the villain had a shrink ray and shrank garbage because somehow thats evil and the planeteers had to stop him because by shrinking garbage it would make humans make more garbage
>>
>>83765685
to be fair thats one of the few cases that type of logic works
>>
>>83756791
It's to rebirth Magneto and make him a new more favorable minority. Make him a survivor of Rwanda.
>>
>>83765736
how?
>>
>>83756849
>>83756857
Cyclops has a great line in the "The Omega Mutant" storyline; "If you know the right mutants, anything is possible."

That's going to be used to explain a lot of things before too long. Mark my words.
>>
Retcon it so that his parents died in Munich or something
>>
>>83765762
It's a problem bandaid.
It doesn't actually fix the problem of waste, it only fixes that inconvenient symptom of mismanaging recources.
Plus, what happens when so much garbage gets shrunk that the environment is affected by that?
>>
>>83756791

Armenian genocide survivor?
>>
>>83756791
He can become a survivor of gay club shooting from Orlando.
>>
>>83765839
Its a bandaid but its still a bandaid to an uncurable wound and i dont know how the environment is affected by a landfill size garbage turned into a microscopic one
>>
>>83765852
that's made up tho
>>
>>83765905

kek

so are the comics
>>
>>83765756
>>83765798
The Holocaust is the single most significant result of human intollerance in the eyes of the world. There are other examples that are as horrid, but only the Holocaust has become shorthand for unchecked hatred.
It's important that it be referenced in a character whose motivations are only justified by an understanding of how easily that can happen again.
Granted, I myself wouldn't want to see Magneto die of old age, or this ageless issue go on without a more accessable explaination, but a retcon of this changes more than just the character's backstory.
>>
>>83765852
That happened before the holocaust
>>
>>83765929
>The Holocaust is the single most significant result of human intollerance in the eyes of the world.
>Not the great emu war
>>
>>83765905
so is the holocaust
>>
>>83765883
Imagine a world where tons and tons of stuff vanished every day, imagine months and years and decades and then centuries of mass and matter and materials vanishing from the world.
Think of what we might run out of. How much mass has to vanish before the Earth's gravity changes? I know it's silly...
>>
So, what you're saying is that we need to gas some Jews again to effectively update Magneto's origin?
I'm down.
>>
>>83763822
Nah, because you either get

>Magneto is Bosniak
And then he automatically becomes Muslim, which I doubt Marvel would do (and which would cause a huge shitfit as Jewish suffering erasure or whatever)
>Or he's Serbian in one of the counter-cleansing episodes
In which case you get a lot of morally grey "your people started the conflict you can't complain, start shit get hit" stuff

Jewish Magneto really doesn't fit in the Yugoslav wars.
>>
>>83765929
Do some sort of time warp fuckery.

Shortly after being rescued Magneto ends up flung into the future, and sees that humans are still basically shit and that his kind (mutants) live in hiding. He's upset about this, but just wants to live his life. Meets a nice lady, has a baby girl with her, mob finds out he's a mutant, burns their shit down, Magneto time.

You could even make him an anti-Cap in that way - they both witnessed WWII, but where Steve's story was one of heroism and bravery and courageous men fighting for freedom, Erik's was one of monsters and genocide and brutality. And when they reach the present(ish, I'd have Magneto wake up a few decades ago so he can still meet young Xavier and all that) they see their pasts reflected in the world - Steve sees the Avengers and democracy and civil rights progress while Erik sees bigotry and hatred and his people being hunted again.

It's a good way to stress Magneto's anti-villain status.
>>
>>83765905
Go die in a fire you turkish skum!
>>
File: Battle_of_the_Atom.jpg (174 KB, 300x455) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_the_Atom.jpg
174 KB, 300x455
>>83766188
Have we learned nothing from past X-Men time-travel shenanigans?
>>
>>83756791
Damn, wish I still had a picture I took last year of a 30-something panhandler with a sign that read "Vietnam vet - anything helps - god bless"
>>
>>83765680
So we marvel create mutie hitler to make magneto less "evil"?
>>
>>83762919
2 words: wooden bullets
>>
>>83765668
Captain Planet had this episode where the villain or two villains used a volcano as a trash incinerator

I have always thought that was a genius idea
>>
>>83757438
Works for Batman, who should be over hundred years old already.
>>
>>83766395
DC doesn't work like Marvel
Batman is in his late 20s to early 30s in urrent continuity.
>>
>>83766263
The characters certainly did not. I mean, they keep on trying even though it either does nothing or fucks up everything way worse.
>>
>>83766267
>for literally a thousand years pretty much every single European nation shat on the Jews, expelled them and called them back and then expelled them again, confiscated their property, limited their job opportunities and fostered an occasionally violent hatred
>people are surprised when this creates a very inward-looking, insular society among the Jews
>ayyy it's their fault for not integrating into a society that hated them as proof that they were wrong to fear us let's kill them all!

Flawless logic. Kill yourself.
>>
>>83765929
>The Holocaust is the single most significant result of human intollerance in the eyes of the world.

I dunno man, North America went from 100% American to 97% migrant mongrels. Jews got off easy.
>>
>>83766417
Okay, but how does DC work? I keep hearing that DC doesn't use sliding timescale but that's impossible.

Otherwise, between COIE and Flashpoint there was 25 years of stories, which would mean Batman and co should have been around 50 in 2011. Which they weren't. So how does DC get around this differently than Marvel?
>>
>>83766425
You reap what you sow, Chaim.
>>
>>83766442

If you look at a lot of Batman (or any Superhero) stories they take place over a couple of days. Now those arcs takes months to come out, but the in-story time is still only a few days.

Also, there's no reason to believe that certain stories can't be happening simultaneously with other stories. Do many stories actually show you what Batman or Superman is doing for each hour of the day?
>>
>>83766442
>Okay, but how does DC work? I keep hearing that DC doesn't use sliding timescale but that's impossible.
They do it by keeping the flow of time vague. Batman had been working as Batman for a decade, and he had been Batman for a decade for many real life decades.

Marvel explicitly move time and dates around. DC keep things vague enough so they don't have to. Marvel get in trouble with some things that can't move, like Magneto being a Holocaust survivor.

Marvel's method requires that their heroes be canonically de-aged periodically. While DC never has to because time flows but the hero's age stays the same.
>>
>>83766442
It's not really a sliding timescale as much as it is just kind of continuously compressing events to being shorter than they were before when things get too out of hand.

The only characters that are classically tied to a specific period where it gets kind of complicated are the JSA.
>>
>>83757356
underrated
>>
>>83766144
> Implying Jews don't start some kind of conflict wherever they go.

Sure thing, friend.
>>
>>83767765

Egypt during the Ptolemies. Thriving Jewish population which maintained itself throughout both the Ptolemies and the Pagan Roman Empire. They were only kicked out of Egypt because of one of the cuntier Christian Emperors.
>>
>>83764764

But the entire point of Cap is that he's a man out of his time.

The entire point of Magneto isn't that he's a Holocaust survivor out of his time.
>>
File: 1465237562289.jpg (89 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1465237562289.jpg
89 KB, 640x512
>>83757137
>"First person to cripple Professor X".
>>
>>83756791
REMEMBER 6 BILLION YOU GOYIM
>>
>>83768030
Ironically Magneto pretty much threw away his Jewish part when Mossad killed his second love.
>>
>>83767622
>Marvel's method requires that their heroes be canonically de-aged periodically
That's not true - in fact, it's the opposite: pretty much every DC cosmic reset ends up having Superman and Batman be younger, and now it's even a plotpoint.

Whereas Marvel just moves history around to fit its characters, for example Frank doesn't get deaged, but the war he fought in changes as time goes on, from Vietnam to the Gulf War to now Iraq, I think. But he still ages normally.
>>
>>83767884
Or Poland-Lithuania in the Early Modern period, where they did their own thing and lived peacefully, which is why Poland had so many Jews to exterminate.

But keep drinking the /pol/ kool-aid.
>>
>>83769154
>That's not true - in fact, it's the opposite: pretty much every DC cosmic reset ends up having Superman and Batman be younger, and now it's even a plotpoint.
Well if the entire universe gets reset, then how old characters are just don't matter no more. Chronology no longer have any relevance of the past is in a different universe all together.
>>
>>83769166
Poland here.

Agreed, we did take in Jews, but it was also for economic reasons (someone needed to do the whole trading/banking while we went and punched people and got punched).

And then after WWII when those fucking commies took over illegally (the whole voting was a large set-up), then most of the commies that were executing or imprisoning for life were Jews. And Poland has documents about it.

Of course Izrael, and especially the American Jews, will call this antisemitic.

Then again, this is not /pol/, so better leave it there.
>>
>>83765790
>"If you know the right mutants, anything is possible."
Expect healing an old lady from a gun shot. Apparently healing powers were unheard of a decade ago.
>>
>>83756791
If I was creating a cartoon/movie universe from scratch I would do this

>Erik Lehnsherr is a teenager during the holocaust
>starvation caused his powers to be too weak to do anything but nazis (Mr. Sinister) experimented with them anyway
>when the Nazis started to lose ground Sinister escaped to south america with Magneto in cryostasis
>X years before the plot begins his escapes and meets Charles in Israel where they do their thing
>staring at his own name on a holocaust memorial he vows to ensure that mutants don't suffer the same fate and begins to call himself Magneto
>>
>>83766321
You just misunderstood anon. He was simply trying to raise money for poorly animals in Asia
>>
>>83756791
What's really bothersome is that now instead of Charles and Erik meeting during their youth and bonding, Charles befriended a man 30 years older than him, so that relationship is kind of lost. No amount of deageing later on will change this.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.