[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uber
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Uber.jpg (133 KB, 413x640) Image search: [Google]
Uber.jpg
133 KB, 413x640
I really digged the historic elements and an interesting approach to full militarization of supers Plus many characters are really well-written and convincing. Which only served to make the retarded elements to trigger me worse.

Germany and Allies are saving the situation for Japan and USSR respectively by providing them with Woeden's blood and activation technology, with the entire outcome of the war largely depending on their contribution? Well let's forget to mention anything about Battleships to them! They are way too dumb to figure out anything themselves anyway!
One black nurse can run tests for a bleeding horde of black soldiers in a few evenings in a bar? The entire military machine of Soviet Union can't handle something like dripping blood in a test tube! Let's run a test that is guaranteed to kill hundreds of thousands and alienate the survivors who'll become invincible to our conventional weaponry instead! Cuz we're dumb commies - it's what we do!
One girl seems to be behind other recruits in her activation? Could it be that her powers are unique? Maybe she's one of those Battleship fellows Germans and Allies have? Or could we use her as a bodyguard or for studies at least? Nah, let's send her to camps. 'Cause that's what we do, remember? And when she escapes, we gotta be so dead-set on heaping pain on her already exiled foster-parents we don't give a shit about that we'll just keep sending priceless supertroops to try and hurt them, AT ALL COSTS!
Allies and particularly US seem as they have serious chances of actually losing the war? Why, let's shoot ourselves in the foot by not making 2 of our 3 Battleships underpowered. Cuz racism is more important to us than not getting obliterated!
What? That homo is also a sup? Oh we don't mind it at all, regardless of the previous part!

Sorry /co/, just needed to get it out of my system.

Uber thread, I guess.
>>
>>83739354
Every single time plot focuses on Soviets I just know it is going to be pure idiocy and it's killing me.

The protagonist girl takes out 2 supes with a panzerfaust and a rifle? Well she's more capable than a MILLION Soviet vets armed to the teeth with heavy weaponry, who don't manage a single kill!
So, I already happily marched once to Berlin as a regular grunt, and then lost my arm and saw almost a million of my comrades get splatted by a German sup? And entire Europe is currently getting literally burned to a crisp? Lol whatever, I'm much more angry with Stalin so I'll literally take a hike from Brest to Siberia instead of doing anything about it!
>>
any info on when the hiatus is over?
>>
>>83739354
Yes, racism was more important than GI's lifes. It's why they decided to attack dozends of fortified islands full of suicidical brownies when somebody suggested that they could just blockade the fuck outta Japan instead.
>>
>>83739824
But it's not about GI's - it's about gimping their equivalent of a nuke. US political leadership is not just wasting some lives but denying themselves the greatest military advantage and likely doubling their chances for actually LOSING war. Does it imply that they like Nazis and Commies better than niggers?
>>
>>83739995
Wars aren't about being smart, if they were no one would ever fight. There's no disputing there's a lot of dumb shit in Uber but it's no dumber than a lot of the actual stupidity that happened in the war
>>
>>83740350
>Wars aren't about being smart, if they were no one would ever fight
Conflict of interests.

> it's no dumber than a lot of the actual stupidity that happened in the war
Oh, I know a ton of amazingly stupid shit that actually happened during WWII. But when it happened, it was done due to lack of information, personal incompetence or bad circumstances, not due to an otherwise sound-minded people in possession of full information suddenly deciding to shoot themselves in the foot to get a point across.
>>
>>83739808
Gillen shills his Image Comics so hard on his social media accounts so maybe he unwittingly puts Uber's priority lower.
>>
>>83739354
My great granduncle had to kill a man with his bare hands because the US didn't give black soldiers guns. Racism totally is more important to them and they know that they aren't going to be able to stop a black Superman opposed to the little things like Jim Crow once the threat of UberNazis is out of the way.
>>
File: 01.jpg (55 KB, 523x439) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
55 KB, 523x439
>>83740839
>US didn't give black soldiers guns
Orly? Picrelated. I'd guess your granduncle got under attack when not on combat duty. There were tons of WWII vets who never held a rifle outside the boot-camp, since there is a lot more to service than fighting.

> they know that they aren't going to be able to stop a black Superman opposed to the little things like Jim Crow once the threat of UberNazis is out of the way
As of current issue, Europe outside Third Reich is barely a thing, Brits got dunked on, Japs have the nuke (and US don't), Soviets are sitting on the eastern bank of Bug, and a fleet of U-boats lead by Siegmund just surfaced near Manhattan.

Yeah, black Superman is totally much more of a pressing issue than UberNazis.
>>
>>83740947
He was WW1
>>
>>83740956
Well, Uber is WWII. That's a few decades closer to desegregation and a few orders of magnitude higher on Threat to thee Very Existence of Nation Scale.

Teebeeeich, the racism stupidity and inconsistency is one the least annoying things for me in Uber, especially compared to Stupid Evil Soviets.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.