[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite base/hide out/ mansion/living quarters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8
What's your favorite base/hide out/ mansion/living quarters?

Also, superheroes socializing and having fun thread
>>
Vehicles allowed too
>>
I always like the mansion in Secret Six, too bad we'll never know more about it
>>
The mighty monarch flying coccoon!
>>
Probably the Fortress of Solitude.

Thing is, they never get it right in live-action and honestly they barely ever get it right in the animation as well. Fuck the crystal Fortress. Fuck the MoS version too. I don't know why the hell they always make the Fortress look so dull and lifeless. It just makes Superman and the Fortress feel so alien.

The Fortress should be comfier, colorful, and more lively. It should be filled with all sorts of cool memorabilia and shit that Superman collects, plus all sorts of other crazy shit. Because otherwise, it's just like, what would Superman even DO there?
>>
File: The-Fortress-of-Solitude.jpg (710 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
The-Fortress-of-Solitude.jpg
710 KB, 1200x600
>>83699916
>>
File: 60poster05.jpg (534 KB, 900x1246) Image search: [Google]
60poster05.jpg
534 KB, 900x1246
>>
File: Themysciran_Embassy.png (231 KB, 185x498) Image search: [Google]
Themysciran_Embassy.png
231 KB, 185x498
>>83699916
I rather like the Themysciran embassy. It's got that nice balance of modern aesthetic and magical wonders.

I mean, the resident chef is a man-bull for fucks sake.
>>
File: Wonder Woman - Earth One v1-017.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman - Earth One v1-017.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>83704705
This shit was great in Rucka's run.

Paradise Island can be really cool too. I really like the mix between the ancient Greek mythology-style architecture and the hi-tech magical super technology too. There's a real sense of wonder there.

Even when it's not all crazy like it was in the Golden and Silver-Ages, plus Earth One, the Greek mythology bent to it's pretty cool too.
>>
Ah easy. The sanctum Sanctorum. It's a big magical mysterious mansion owned by a sorcerer.
One of my fav things In Aaron's New run is how they've upped the kookiness of the house. It's just dangerous as shit now
>>
File: Doom's_Doorway_001.jpg (124 KB, 617x1005) Image search: [Google]
Doom's_Doorway_001.jpg
124 KB, 617x1005
>>83704875
Speaking of Rucka, I can only hope one of the Lies is that boring as fuck primitive Themyscira. Give us back the crazy Golden Age tech and kangas.

Also what needs to come back is Doom's Doorway. The Amazons used to be the guardians of the underworld. That was cool, dammit.
>>
>>83705013
I fucking love the big sky window with Strange's "design" on it
>>
>>83699916
I love traditional stuff like the batcave but this reminded me how much I like floating and vehicle bases. Nothing like the small van punisher used but some place you can teleport/fly to and just walk around. In real life it would be a pain (like I hated going out of my way in Assassins Creed Syndicate to find the damn train base).
>>
>>83701009
Actually we know quite a bit about the House of Secrets. It had it's own comic series.
Cain and Abel (from Sandman but originally from House of Secrets) used to hang out there a lot.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Secrets_(DC_Comics)
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.