[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Grounding even a real thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
Has anyone actually ever been grounded before? I have only ever seen this shit in Cartoons and movies:

>Main character gets grounded for something that was either out of his control or completely his fault
>Parents leave all his electronic devices in his room because they forgot to take them out
>Sometimes that doesn't always happen and the main character loses all his privileges and starts bitching profusely about how bored he is
>Angles that involve him sneaking out thru his window without his parents finding out
>Places "dummy body" inside bed to trick his parents into believing "he's sleeping"
>Has to sneak into his house as to not get caught by his parents
>The angle that revolves round the parents quietly sitting on furniture so they can do the cliché of turning on the light to surprise him
>Having the main character sit in a corner as punishment
>The dunce cap.
>>
>>83676838
Yes it is. You either were a marvelous child, or had awful parenting.
>>
>>83676838
I grew up on a farm grounding would have been pointless
>>
>>83676878
Or maybe their parents just didn't ground anyone, like my immigrant parents
>>
>>83676878

I was never really "grounded" grounded because foster parents hate using that word they think its oppressive

You see foster parents use the word "Loss of Privileges" instead because according to them it sounds more "professional."
>>
Are you shitting me, anon? I got grounded all the time as a kid. So did a lot of my friends.
>>
>>83676932

You would get locked in a rape cellar instead and beat savagely with your daddy's belt in a drunken slur.
>>
I never got grounded

my parents would just beat the shit out of me, and I turned out a o-o-okay... ;-;
>>
>>83676838
I think you're confusing the dramatic and comedic premises that arise from the real world practice of disciplining children with the actual act of disciplining children.

>>83676965
and based on this you're just being a sperg over the word "grounded" since you clearly understand the concept and have even been subjected to it.
>>
>>83676962
>>83676986

My parents never grounded me and my foster parents had a type of grounding but it wasn't technically under the same definition "Isolation" was the more professional term

They'd lock you in your room and only let you out to come use the bathroom. They'd also bring your food to you and if you didn't eat it you didn't get dessert.
>>
>>83676878
How could I be grounded if I never left my room anyway?
>>
>>83677037

>That episode of Moral Orel where Orel got beat so often and so frequently with Clay's belt he developed a Masochism fetish.

>>83677038

Man I never see kids get grounded like "REAL" grounded they're always under a form of meta grounding and it only works between the ages of 5-12 because the older you get the higher chance there was you'd awol
>>
>>83677117

When your parents take all your electronics away
>>
>>83676838
Does getting locked in a closet count?

Not sure how long it was, there was just a lightbulb and clothes in there.
>>
>>83677175

Are you Harry Potter?
>>
I had a friend who had a very volatile relationship with his mother. She would remove the door to his room for weeks at time as punishment.
>>
>>83677166
This. Grounding never worked for me, though, because it would just make my depression worse until my parents realized that I wasn't eating not out of protest, but because I genuinely had no desire to live without the Internet.
>>
>>83676838
No, my parents wouldn't ground me, they'd send me to my room but if a friend came over, I'd still have to go outside with them/whatever. Grounding children pretty much teaches them to be introverts.
>>
File: 1465484894417.jpg (142 KB, 1249x684) Image search: [Google]
1465484894417.jpg
142 KB, 1249x684
>>83676838
I didn't have any friends so my parents couldn't actually ground me, since I didn't go anywhere in fear that I would get picked on. They also couldn't take away any of my games because I was only allowed to play them when we had breaks, so they were already off limits. Usually when I was caught doing something bad I'd get beat. When I was in high school I did start getting friends and going out more, but 1) I was already too old to be grounded in their eyes and 2) I got those friends through a robotics club, so they couldn't really tell me not to go because it was beneficial.
>>
>>83677002
> That embarrassing time when you got grounded and the Rape Cellar was already occupied.
>>
>>83677218

>Never being allowed to masturbate in the privacy on your own room

>>83677225

>Guilt tripping your parents this hard

Holy shit go back to /r9k/
>>
the only time my mother actually went through with a punishment was when I had been throwing cans at seagulls as they migrated over head, and the can ended up on my neighbors roof so I climbed up to get it back
then my neighbor came walking out of the house so to avoid getting caught I took a running leap from the roof to the ground and my mom saw me jump from the window.

she made me come inside for 30 minutes

although there was another time when I didn't feel like going to school and she said "if you don't go to school you don't get to sleep in the house"
so I didn't go to school and she made me sleep outside, which actually isn't a big deal because I was just going to go to the park down the street and sleep up in one of the trees. She threw a monkey wrench into my master plan by throwing my guinea pig out with me, without the cage though so I had to carry him around all night with me while I wandered the neighborhood
>>
>>83676838

Yes, grounding is a real thing.

The dummy body too, but it only works once.
>>
>>83677269

No it teaches them that rules are made to be broken because teenagers are built for the purpose of non compliance and that needs to be beaten out of their bodies via fear based tactics.

>>83677292

How the fuck do you get too old to be grounded how fucking old were you?
>>
>>83677320
Sorry I had clinical depression when I was 6 or 7? Fuck, m8, leave me alone.
>>
>>83677360

That's parental abuse. And the only thing I ever used to do was pee on my roof and or sneak across the room to see if I could jack off to the hot teenage neighbors.

>>83677374

You're suppose to lock your door or put a barricade around it.
>>
>>83677461

>Clinical depression
>at 6 or 7 years old

Please tell me your exaggerating I lived with an abusive family and my suicidal depression didn't kick in till I was 15
>>
>>83677393
16/15? Can't really remember. They said I needed to start making my own decisions, but I think it might have to do with the fact that I was too pussy to go to any parties and the likes. I mean, I was sneaking out to go to a robotics club, I wasn't exactly the type of person to come home one night completely wasted with a girl I just impregnated.
>>
>>83676838
I always thought it was an american meme, when I was disciplined at home I was put to do shit, like clean or something.
>>
>>83677573

Why didn't you just tell your parents this?

Also 15/16 they can't just throw you out of the house that's illegal
>>
>>83677204
I wish.
That little John Lennon fucker had a bed in there and I bet it wasn't as hot for him.
>>
>>83677609

That's usually part of grounding as doing extra chores. Usually its "Go sit in the time out corner"

Like when I had my privileges taken away first I was ordered to write an apology letter then clean the entire house meaning I had to do all the chores for 5 different people who lived there.
>>
>>83677671

He couldn't have slept in there forever he would have gotten too big

But then again those step parents were probably thrilled to throw him out of the house.
>>
>>83676838
Were you just an angel of a child or your parents didn't believe in punishment? Were you one of those "time out" kids?

I didn't get grounded until I stopped crying and about the beatings I got. But that really didn't matter either because I've never really had friends.
>>
>>83677493
Google it, m8. Clinical depression in children is a very real thing, especially if it runs in the family.
>>
>>83677684
>That's usually part of grounding as doing extra chores.

I see, I thought it always meant going to your room and that was it.

Another thing I find weird is american dining customs (as portrayed by cartoons and tv), like... "may I be excused?" Nigga, when I'm done I leave the table.
>>
>>83677724

Yeah but not at the age you're describing you're comically overexaggerating this.

>>83677717

I was a foster kid I got punished but it was never the same as grounding. I was never really grounded grounded because time outs are a liberal concept for faggot skinned parents to much of a pussy to implement using the belt.
>>
>>83676932
This. I only got more chores.
>>
>>83677755

I have never heard that term used in real life but we did have a version of prayer at the table

We had to stare at our food for 30 seconds and if we talked at all during that session we were forced to do it again.

It was so dumb. No one at my foster home was religious it was a legal loophole they had to follow on the off chance we would ever get a foster kid who believed in magic sky fairies
>>
>>83677768
Clinical depression can appear in a kid as early as 6 years old. Look it up.
>>
File: 1465477042762.jpg (7 KB, 261x199) Image search: [Google]
1465477042762.jpg
7 KB, 261x199
>>83677632
I meant when it came to personal life. They /really/ liked to micromanage my life before this and they sat me down one day saying that I'd need to plan when to study and everything myself. The time I snook out was before that, and again it was to go to a robotics club meeting which was around one in the morning or some shit. It was probably the worse thing I've ever done as a child.

>MFW I was never caught.

I did explain how the club I was part of did have ridiculously late meetings I wanted to attend to them after we had our talk. They were cool with it since it was close.
>>
>>83677789

When it came to chore the only chore I was good at was Trash

Man senpai give me the filthiest trash can you got I am fucking down on that

But do not fucking EVER give me dishes...I hate that chore to death right next to sweeping. I'll fucking clean bathrooms before I sweep a fucking thing.
>>
>>83677037
you're on 4chan with the rest of us, so that's debatable
>>
>>83676838
Never got grounded, I always managed to enjoy being in my room even if the took everything I liked from it, so they switched to beating the crap out of me, and emotional torture.
>>
>>83676838
I was punished similar to that in real life, but never once heard the term "grounded" used by my parents or other kids my age.
>>
>>83677813

You would have to have the world's most terrible start to life ever and to have them over not having any internet leads me to believe you're lying out your ass.

>>83677826

I feel like if you knew where the place was on foot and you could still make it back home safe and sound your parents should have been OK with it

Namely because Curfews are another liberal construct.
>>
I was a recluse as a child anyway because we had a PC and Unreal Tournament so i got hit instead.
>>
>>83676838
Are you not from America? Americans get "grounded" all the time.

>>Having the main character sit in a corner as punishment
>>The dunce cap

This shit is only in cartoons though.
>>
>>83677877

Grounded does sound a lot like a meme word doesn't it?

>>83677866

Usually when my privileges were taken away i'd work on writing stories.
>>
>>83677906

Look up Supernanny on YouTube I assure you being sit in the corner is a real thing and its ineffective as fuck

Its like sitting in the square during recess.

>>83677892

>Unreal Tournament

Proper reboot when? We already hit the right notes with the Doom reboot which is fucking hysterically fun.
>>
>>83677879
>>83677813
Not them, but just to throw some anecdotal shit in:

I was contemplating suicide at like 8 and did some self-harming behaviors when I was stressed.

I didn't have a particularly shitty childhood and my parents weren't abusive so depression seems possible in that case.
>>
>>83677461
sounds like you were heavy addicted to the net dude, are you any better nowadays with usage?
>>
>>83677892
same
>tfw you get beat with a belt then cautiously boot up a game of Starcraft when dad leaves
>>
>>83677906

Standing in the corner is a thing
>>
>>83677969

There has to be a reason you can't just wanna kill yourself for no reason at all

I wanted to kill myself because I got bullied in Junior High and High School. I'm shocked I didn't become either a drug dealer or a Columbine case with how often I got bullied

Some Chad faggot shat in my backpack on the first day of school.
>>
File: 1462732641252.jpg (53 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
1462732641252.jpg
53 KB, 500x349
>>83678002
It's even better when you have to hold 3 quarters on the wall with your fingers and nose or you get hit.
>>
>tfw never got disciplined as a child

Not seriously I mean.

Instead I got sent to a psychologist. It did nothing to help.
>>
>>83678002
>>83678075

Seriously look up "Supernanny" this bitches policy on how to deal with fucked up kids is ordering them to sit in the corner and to keep placing them in said corner until they comply

I miss the days when people just used the belt

My friend Nolan got beat with the belt every time he did something wrong and he grew up to be a weed dealer and a heroine addict
>>
>>83678003
Brain chemistry? I dunno man
>>
>>83677997

Are you South Korean?

>>83678101

I had an alleged sex offender as my therapist once. Every session he wanted me to walk on his back with my bare feet because he was a carpenter who suffered from back and neck pain.
>>
>>83678161

Were your parents heavy drinkers/smokers?
>>
>>83678170
Just a 90's kid XD
>>
File: kevintime.png (342 KB, 697x761) Image search: [Google]
kevintime.png
342 KB, 697x761
>>83677879
My family's mental health history is horrifyingly impressive. Genes are one hell of a drug, m8. And of course I'm not saying that grounding caused my depression or anything stupid like that, it just aggravated it and made it more noticeable.

>>83677978
Eh. Not in regards to the Internet, but better in terms of my quality of life. I have a long, complicated history, but I don't want to turn this into a personal blog.

But the gist of it is, I have extreme clinical depression, situational general anxiety disorder, and OCD "tendencies." I also have extreme hypersensitivity issues, particularly regarding touch and sound. Small child me had a really rough time entirely due to my own neuroses.
>>
>>83678187

I had this guy for a year and I hated going to him I was forced to see him every Tuesday after school and I was already uninterested in the very idea of being a foster kid in general
>>
>>83678219

My mom was a meth addict and my father was an alcoholic and compulsive liar

my mom also suffered from "Explosive disorder" which is when your rage is so uncontrollable you go into a hysterical fit of ultra violence.
>>
>>83678186
Not that I'm aware of.

I was never diagnosed with anything because I kept those things secret, but in retrospect it was really abnormal.
>>
Never got grounded, because there wasn't much to take away.
Had to sit in the corner a few times.
Most frequent punishment was spanking with a hand, and only a handful of times did my dad use his belt for it.
>>
>>83678263

That doesn't make any kind of fucking sense

I don't believe your accusation.
>>
>>83678272

Never got spanked. I was more Mentally and Psychologically abused then physically

I was beat with a belt more so from my mom's ex-boyfriend then I was from my actual dad.
>>
>>83678259
That fucking sucks, man. I'm sorry.
>>
>>83678308

This is probably why I was never grounded because my parents couldn't take care of themselves much less me or my Bi-Polar brother Thorton.
>>
My parents stopped grounding me when they learned that I liked being in my room because I could entertain myself by reading or something.

And they couldn't take away my books because that would look fucking awful if anyone ever heard about it with how important kids reading is, you think they'd risk me not liking reading just to discipline me? Nah.

So they eventually gave up and honestly I didn't do much to deserve it. I was the chill kid.
>>
asian here

never grounded a day in my life
>>
Grounding didn't really work for me.
>can't go outside
Okay, I'll play inside.
>can't see friends
Okay, I'll play alone
>can't play vydia
Okay, I'll play with toys
>get toys confiscated
I'll draw or read, no parents stop their kids from reading.

Checkmate atheists.
>>
>>83678305

Your dad didn't beat the mom's ex boyfriend
>>
My parents would just belt me every now and then
I'd probably do the same to my children
>>
>>83678341

You speak lies I bet you got an A- and they fucking disowned you.

>>83678333

The only way they'd ever take your books away is if they were comic books or manga

They'd never take away any books that didn't have any pictures in them.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 500x375
Never got grounded, but whipped with 'whip stick' exact 10 times per breaking rules.

Asian parenting sure is scary
>>
File: 1460573276297.png (137 KB, 302x340) Image search: [Google]
1460573276297.png
137 KB, 302x340
>tfw my parents were permissive as fuck

The only time I really remember getting punished was when me and my friend got caught throwing balloons full of chocolate syrup at some dickhead kid's house. It wasn't even a punishment, they just gave me a short talk like "you can't be doing things like that, you know better than that, etc." and that was it.
>>
>>83678282
Not accusing anyone of anything, and I haven't really researched or deeply analyzed what was going on so I'm not stating as a definite that I 100% had depression.

Just saying I did some things as a child that I sort of read as that now, especially since they've recurred at different points in my life since then.
>>
>>83678359
Not all kids respond to getting their shit slapped.

My older sister got spanked hard a single time and after that she didn't do jack shit to annoy our parents that much.

I didn't do much misbehaving of that caliber but I too got spanked once with a belt and I wised up.

My little sister has gotten so much corporal punishment it's ridiculous, it got to the point where she'd get spanked then immediately throw it back at my mom saying that she's abusing her. Just didn't work, she could get beat within an inch of her life and not learn the lesson.
>>
>>83678351

Go sit in the corner anon and think about being an oppressive little shitlord

>>83678352

Was spending a year in prison based on assault charges on my mom's ex boyfriend.

>>83678359

Fucking do it there are misbehaving little shits in real need of the belt anyway.

>>83678379

You mean the things horse racers use to make their horses run faster?
>>
>>83678378
Yeah they were all legit books, I just read a bunch so "go to your room for 4 hours!" became "cool I don't have to do chores and get to read for 4 hours".
>>
File: MrGuermo.png (152 KB, 269x473) Image search: [Google]
MrGuermo.png
152 KB, 269x473
>all those people who got the belt
My dad would just slap the smartass out of me.
>>
>>83678454
My dad used wooden spoons on my sister once. Only time she acted up.
>>
I got grounded all the fucking time.
And the funny thing is, up until a certain point in time, my dad would just pull my hair. Sometimes in the feet not touching the ground kind of way.
And I would've taken that over being grounded, every goddamn time.
>>
>>83678170
>Every session he wanted me to walk on his back with my bare feet because he was a carpenter who suffered from back and neck pain.

What the fuck.

Mine just was an incompetent fuck, he was the school psychologist and I went to private therapy with him. I don't him he gave a shit.
>>
>>83678384

You basically got a smack on the cheek for being a prick.

>>83678390

You sound like a fucking attention whore.

>>83678416

Dipshit children love challenging authority and will fight back if you let them take advantage of you

That's why you need to be the one to hit them harder till they fucking learn.
>>
>>83678424
>Fucking do it there are misbehaving little shits in real need of the belt anyway.
Yeah doesn't matter if anon's kids are little shits, when in doubt might aswell just beat them. Wouldn't want that belt going to waste would we.
>>
>>83678384
>balloons full of chocolate syrup
What the hell, man?
>>
>>83678488
I can assure you my mom and dad punished her to the maximum that wouldn't be a flagrant crime. She just never figured it out, it just made her angrier like a Hulk inside a small blonde 12 year old girl.
>>
>>83678452

My favorite book is 1984

>>83678469

My co-worker would lightly smack my head with a wooden spoon everytime I back sassed her it was hilarious.

>>83678476

You should be greatful you didn't get scalped anon.

>>83678483

I've had much better therapists since then.
>>
shit man, my mom had levels of ground. She spanked until she realized that we would "just take the pain" which would last a bit and then wear off or just get better at not getting caught. We had groundings where we didn't go out with friends or doing after school activities. even if the whole family went on a vacation trip and you were grounded, you would come along but watch everyone do shit like swimming or going on hikes. And then there was restriction which was worse. You lost your tv, radio, books, activities, and occasionally holidays. Your ass would sit in an empty room room all day only coming out to go to the restroom, or do chores. you ate your food in the room. My poor brother got restriction for three months for stealing stickers from a book at Borders. He lost Halloween, thanksgiving and Christmas.

The trick is consistency. My mom was consistent with me, my little brother and one of my little sisters, but not with the other two little sisters. Those two man.. Somehow at some point My mom was getting it in her head that by recruiting the boyfriends of my sisters into "modifying" their behavior would help her.. It just fucked things up more. One sister got knocked up in an abusive relationship with her boyfriend and the other got addicted to drugs and pulled into breaking into peoples houses with her boyfriend.
>>
>>83678424

I see

Because I have 3 kids and I've had to beat up a guy who thought he could smack my son around
>>
>>83678496

No we sure as fuck wouldn't

>>83678502

It could have been worse you could have loaded a super soaker with hot sauce and urine

>>83678514

She sounds like she would become a Social Justice Warrior
>>
>>83678560
>no books
Literally worse than prison. I hope at least you didn't get ass-raped.
>>
>>83678563

Hitting your children is your own privilege not the privilege of someone else.
>>
Is this a stealth GoAnimate thread?
>>
>>83678584
>It could have been worse you could have loaded a super soaker with hot sauce and urine
That just sounds like it would be bad for the super soaker. Who wants their squirt gun stinking of piss and tabasco.
>>
I only got grounded a handful of times, and each time I would just cry really hard until my parents felt bad/got annoyed and cut the grounding short. Usually took about 30 minutes for them to give in.
>>
>>83678384
How much of a dickhead was he, and did you get the feeling that your parents approved of it?
Like, I once bit a kid in a fight when I was 8, and my mom told me off for it, but she later (years later) told me that she only did that because she was expected to, and was glad that, if I was being forced to fight, I fought fucking dirty.
But I was a pussy, so I don't expect to get that reaction frequently.
>>
>>83678616
No it's a stealth "my parents beat me and now I'm an autist" thread.
>>
>>83678597

Look up the movie "Alcatraz" starring George Cloony

A very talented artist joyously draws self portraits on inmates to help pass the time. He even draws one of the warden. However, since the Warden is the heel he confiscates all the guys painting supplies because he gets a boner on other inmates being miserable

The guy literally ends up hanging himself because if he can't paint then prison is terrible.
>>
>>83678584
Nah she's, shit, turning 21 this year I think. She's super country, hunting, fishing, big truck, all that shit and stereotypically, a bit racist.

Pretty anti-SJW honestly though honestly she's one of the better poster girls for it because she's actually quite a bit more competent in a lot of outdoorsy stuff than all her guy friends.
>>
>>83678611

If you want to look at it that way. It was some dude thinking he could beat a 6 year old because he got milk on the table
>>
>>83678659
Wait, wasn't that parodied in some cartoon where the MC sculpted Star Wars figurines?
Probably the Simpsons?
>>
>>83678638

Its a reference to the Boondocks.

>>83678640

>fake tantrums

Next you'll tell me the Beta Uprising is at hand.

>>83678646

I used to yard tard a lot with friends and I had to wrestle a 7 year old boy. I hit him with a Sitdown Facebuster on the grass yet I somehow ended up breaking his nose.
>>
My dad would just take away whatever video game I was currently obsessed with. He'd never keep me from leaving the house, because he was definitely taking drugs and making sex tapes with my step mother when I was gone.
>>
>>83678716
>Its a reference to the Boondocks.
Oh right, Lamilton Tayshawn.
>>
>>83676838
I don't remember ever being grounded but I absolutely hated mint so my mom would threaten me with with mint drops she always kept on her. I don't think I was so much afraid of the mint as I was of the idea of her forcibly restraining me to do so.
>>
>>83678667

/pol/10 would talk about Jewish Conspiracy's with

>>83678712

That's only worth a beating if she threw a glass of milk at the wall.

>>83678713

I'm willing to bet that was Comic Book Guy
>>
>>83678597
Nah, just crippling anxiety.. although that's more to do with the very strict and high expectations she placed on us. We couldn't even associate with other kids that she deemed "not goo." often it involved their economic state. She controlled our boyfriends and girlfriends, even convincing us to break up with some because of all the nit picking she would do and "just be looking out for us because she loves us so much." there was no privacy because she would forbid you to ever close the door to our rooms. Also may read our diaries or journals or send one of us kids to snoop on the others. We were not allowed to have any grade less than a B. There was no way you can act up or do poorly in school because she was a teacher and would teach at the same school we were in, or have a network of teachers that would keep an eye on her. She would have talks with us where we would confide in her, things about how we felt and then she would use that against us. My relationship with her is better now but mostly because I have moved out and kept my distance.
>>
>>83678716
>Facebuster
>somehow ended up breaking his nose
Gee I can't fathom why.
>>
>>83676838
>being grounded
I wish I would only get grounded. My parents never really needed to discipline me very much, but when they did, there were belts, there were hangers, and at least a half hour lecture afterwords about not doing whatever I did. My brothers, however, had it much worse because they were little shits and never really learned from their mistakes.
>>
>>83678767

Nope accidentally knocked it over while grabbing a napkin. When I found out about it I was at work and my boss drove me to the boyfriends place so I could beat him
>>
>>83678747

Your dad sounds like Charlie Sheen.

>>83678764

Is this your version of being forced to take soap.
>>
>>83678775
Oh yeah, those kind of moms are a bit disturbing.
>>
>>83678812
>Is this your version of being forced to take soap.

Sort of, though my grandmother once actually washed my mouth out with soap when I said "shit".
>>
>>83678776

IT WAS ON THE GRASS!

>>83678786

Did you have to write sentences on the chalkboard over and over?

>>83678799

Was it Chocolate Milk?
>>
File: 1461443135341.png (700 KB, 1133x916) Image search: [Google]
1461443135341.png
700 KB, 1133x916
>>83678646
>How much of a dickhead was he, and did you get the feeling that your parents approved of it?

He was an obnoxious wigger kid. The kind who's scrawny and pasty as fuck but tries to talk like a Tyrone and wears baggy t-shirts and a snapback hat.

I don't think my parents approved of it, though. They just aren't the type of people who get angry.
>>
>>83678767
>>83678767
Bit more of the casual racism than /pol/ racism.

She recently finished watching the Flash and shit so I finally got to have a /co/ related chat with her where I got to reveal my full power level of Flash multiverse comic book nonsense and she was actually interested.

Felt good man.
>>
>>83678848

I think so. I was just really pissed at the guy
>>
>>83678849

I bet he sold weed.
>>
>>83678003
>>83678186
>>83678263
>>83678282
>>83678390

I dunno if this means anything, and it's anecdotal evidence, but I tried to kill myself with a razor at 6 years old because I was in a heavily religious family, I was told that suicide was a 'sin' but only Catholics believed in mortal sins, and when I inquired if suicide people still went to heaven I got an explanation that boiled down to 'yes, but it's not exactly as nice'. I then logic'd that since no one suffers in heaven, and I occasionally suffer on earth, I should kill myself so I can just go straight to heaven immediately.

It didn't work out because, since I was 6, I didn't realize there was a different between safety razors and razor blades. I just scraped off some skin and got frustrated pretty quickly.

I didn't attempt suicide again until I was like 12.
>>
>>83678848
>IT WAS ON THE GRASS!
Grass isn't magical fluffy anti-injury clouds anon. There's even stones in there.
Proof: you broke his damn nose.
>>
>>83676838
My parents would just yell at me, and I don't mean just yell about what I did wrong but straight insults about how only a retard or a complete asshole would consider doing those things and now i am a very emotionally unstable adult.
>>
My mom would effectively 'reverse-ground' me by locking me out of the house until the sun went down so I couldn't use the internet. She'd occasionally yell at me to go find other kids and play.

Usually I ended up sitting on the porch and staring at the sky.
>>
>>83678848
No, we didn't have a chalk board. But sometimes I would have to do pushups or jumping jacks for indefinite lengths of time if my dad was tired and didn't want to go for the belt.
>>
>>83678938
That seems more like encouraging you to be a healthy kid than grounding.
>>
>tfw punishment was being forced to go outside with and play with other kids
>>
>>83678968
Well it only happened when I did something bad. Usually I was such a good kid she just let me stay on the interwebs all day.
>>
>>83678872
Doubt it. He was obsessed with weed, though. At school he would talk about how he "smoked it by the pound" and whatnot, but it was pretty obvious he was a massive poser.
>>
>>83676838
My best friend got grounded all the time mostly cause he was a troublemaker

My parents just stuck to the "go to your room" until I turned 10 and then they started banning privileges
>>
>>83677218
>What happened to the door Anon?

>My parents took it down because I'm grounded
>>
>>83677037
me too, anon.
>>83677121
Happened to me. Had to put on a corpse face when someone beat my ass but my first stepdad figured it out anyway.
>>
File: spank.jpg (380 KB, 703x989) Image search: [Google]
spank.jpg
380 KB, 703x989
Did anybody here ever see their friends get punished or get into fights with their family? I slept over my friend's house a lot and he always got into these huge arguments with his mom which usually involved a lot of screaming, door slamming, and hurling objects across the room. All I could do was sit there and pretend I didn't notice.
>>
>>83676838
>I'll send you to your room where all your toys are!

good idea senpai
>>
>>83677049
>dessert

Serious question: who actually ever has dessert with a meal?
>>
Grounded for me meant no tv or no playstation, i've never been a very outdoors person
>>
>>83677493
There was once a documentary about a 5 yr old with schizophrenia, and how her parents try and deal with her condition. So, not out of the realms of fiction.
>>
>tfw I was impossible to ground due to being asocial shut-in whose idea of having fun was laying on a bed and reading some book
I miss my childhood now.
>>
>>83676838
I'm an old neckbeard wizard. But when I was a kid, my sister and I got grounded.

Back then, you didn't have computers that hooked up to the internet. No smart phones. No personal TV. You might have an old turn table to play some vinyl on (when that was the only way cheap music was played and owned) or a small portable radio.

Being grounded meant: no seeing your friends, no watching TV, no hanging out with the family, and often no radio/music cause they'd check on you. If you liked reading or doing something yourself like model building, it wasn't much of a punishment, but if you were an outgoing type, it was slow torture by boredom.

These days, for kids, getting sent to your room and not coming out for a few hours is no big deal.
>>
>>83681583
I get the joke, but really, not even books? I'm a youngfag and even I had a dozen or so books in my room almost at all times.
>>
Whenever I got grounded, it usually just meant I couldn't play video games. So I would just go over to a friend's house and play video games.
>>
I was never grounded, since I had a twin brother and being isolated in a room with him would only lead to property damage. But there were times my dad would make me stand in the corner and stare straight ahead with my hands over my ears. I suppose that's a little similar, since it still achieves sensory deprivation.
>>
I remember the first time I was grounded, I thought it just meant I couldn't leave my room. So I played with toys the whole time.
When my mom came back and found out she laughed.
>>
>>83676838
Where's the joke on that picture? That was literally what was happening in that scene.

Actually, it was Lisa and Marge talking right?
>>
>>83678514
You know, after a certain point your parents really should have figured out that beating your sister only made it worse and try something new
>>
>>83676838
It's a relic from a time when a kid's room was actually a boring place.
>>
>>83676838
I was never grounded. I don't know if anyone else I knew as a kid was or not.
>sitting in the corner
Only a punishment for little kids. Anything will piss them off as long as they're being forced to not have fun.
>dunce cap
That was actually a thing they used to do in the early 1900s. I would imagine they stopped doing it around the time one-room schoolhouses finally faded out of existence completely in the '50s.
>>
I didn't know grounding was a thing. My parents just beat me up when I got in trouble or when they had a bad day at work.
>>
>>83681986
It's not a joke, it's a feel.
>>
File: feelsbad.png (225 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
feelsbad.png
225 KB, 2400x2400
>this thread
feels bad man
>>
>>83677037
I had both. Sometimes one would lift the punishment but the assbeating was always first so even if 10 hrs later they gave me back my TV privileges or whatever I didn't have I still had that whooping from earlier in the day. A few times they found out I didn't do anything and took away the punishment saying something along the lines of it being my fault they didn't believe me and as I would walk away I would just be pisses as hell that I got the belt as well as my entire weekend taken from me when I was telling the truth about my innocence. It wasn't even a light tap either, I got whopped to the point my hands were numb to the pain. One day my dad noticed this and got me in the back of my legs so I would fall.

>>83677360
That is some sitcom shit right there, I don't even know why the hell mess with the guinea pig. Sure it kept you busy but it was just being a guinea pig.
>>
>>83677462
>You're suppose to lock your door or put a barricade around it.
I seemed to get yelled at for something or another every time my dad walked by so one I closed the door and I got yelled at for having the door closed. I always hated seeing the dummy or sneak out trick in TV or movies because I knew how impossible it was for me to pull off.
>>
>>83678799
Based boss.
>>
>>83677755
That is a television thing, most don't even eat at the same time. The few family dinners I've had we all just left when we felt unless if the dinner was due to company some would stay and talk at the table. I don't think it is a US thing either because I've seen those practices done in shows made in other countries, it just is shown Somme extra importance in stuff like family shows.

>>83677717
>get beat for something
>cry
>get yelled at for crying
>sometimes hit harder until I stopped crying, basically just holding stuff in often to the point I'm hiccuping or can barely sit still just so I won't get hit yet again
>this was somehow a logical reaction to my crying
>>
>>83676838
I got scolded and sent to my room, that was about the severity of it.
>>
>>83677755
>Another thing I find weird is american dining customs (as portrayed by cartoons and tv), like... "may I be excused?" Nigga, when I'm done I leave the table.
It's some leftover trope from the 1950s.
>>
>>83682396
>I'll give you a good reason to cry
>>
>>83682444
My father said that all the time to me as a kid, and it fucked me up in the head. How much so, you ask?

I physically couldn't cry at the man's funeral.
>>
>>83677755
>Another thing I find weird is american dining customs (as portrayed by cartoons and tv), like... "may I be excused?" Nigga, when I'm done I leave the table.
As a Euro I was thaught to do that as a kid growing up in the 1990s. When I went to a student exchange in England the people I lived at were very impressed.
>>
>>83682465
Should I kek, or be sad?
>>
I've never been grounded, and I suspect it isn't even effective anymore. It might have made sense in cities back in the '70s or earlier, when there wasn't a damn thing in the house to do without permission, but at this point, if you're so broke that you can't find anything in your to distract yourself during a glorified time-out, you've got bigger problems.
>>
I never got grounded. We lived in an apartment building so if I behaved badly my mom would throw me in the hallway or pull my hair. Pulling someone's hair is fucked up, I still don't understand how that was considered alright back in the day.
>>
>>83679397
Most of my toys were in the basement. In my old house we had a seat on the wall that had storage space so they were all in there and in our second house they were in a box in the basement. I had so many they wouldn't fit in my room except maybe one or two. If I was grounded I could sometimes be allowed to play with them but it was hard since the tv was there. If whoever was there was watching something like the lifetime network they let me stay since everyone knew I didn't give two shits about that channel.
>>
>>83682487
Kek. I'm a grown ass man, I've gotten over most of my childhood issues by now. It's just the fact that I had "Keep crying and I'll give you something to cry about!" beaten into my so much as a kid I literally can't cry, even when I DO have a reason to is kind of funny in a "Well ain't that a bitch?" kind of way.
>>
>>83676962
that's the second category then.
>>
>>83677493
it's called "retroactive self diagnosis". Doctors make people believe it work because the life time contract for pills is juicy. Same with transgender stuff, most could be helped in a few month therapy, but the surgery equals a new car for them, so, why not? castration is good for society anyway.
>>
>>83676932
Ditto: before I got my driver's license, there was no place to go. After I got my license, there was *still* no place to go.
>>
>>83678003
>There has to be a reason you can't just wanna kill yourself for no reason at all
Depression is caused by chemicals in the brain.
Internal or external reasons can be the cause of these chemical changes.

It is very possible that the chemicals in your brain change first, causing depression, and then life for the afflicted person seems terrible.
>>
>>83682444
He would say stuff like that occasionally but not all the time, it was mostly when I tried to reason with the man by either telling him I didn't do what I was accused of or telling him I'm trying to stop crying. He stopped with those kind of replies eventually because I knew talking to him was pointless. Sometimes he would still put words in my mouth though about how I thought something was funny or whatever and that he'd show me it wasn't funny. By the time I was in 7th grade I really felt like the man was just looking for a reason.

>>83682465
Mine is still alive but I'm not sure I will be able to. I haven't cried at a funeral yet. The only grandmother I knew (my moms mom died a year before I was born when my sister was one) died when I was about 12 and even though she lived with us for about 10 yrs I couldn't shed a thing, one of my aunts died about 2 yrs ago and nothing, then one of my cousins that were a 5 min walk away that I saw all the time and even babysat us a few times died in February and there was nothing there either. I've accepted this long ago but damn it feels weird to be the only one.
>>
I was never grounded because my parents instilled an overdose of fear of the outside world in me to the point that I never wanted to go anywhere or do anything and still don't well into adulthood.
>>
>>83682627
>damn it feels weird to be the only one
It's incredibly common for people not to cry at funerals. So much so that it has become a staple of funeral episodes in sitcoms.
>>
>>83682638
Tweek?
>>
>>83682676
Nah instead of being high strung I just never leave the house or want things.
>>
File: 1465069549571.jpg (98 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1465069549571.jpg
98 KB, 853x480
I never got grounded because i didnt do much other than stay in my room watching anime with or without my dad. Dad who got me into japanese stuff like anime or toku stuff and even when he is 50s he still watches seasonal anime.
>>
>>83676878
I was only grounded once when I was caught stealing money from a friend of the family's house when I was 8 or so.I had all my videogames taken away from me for a month.Not severe at all,but still left an impression on my young mind
>>
>>83676838
My parents grounded me once, I played my gameboy and didn't give a damn because I never went outside.

I had no friends, it was like grounding a jailed man, it's not like anything would happen anyways.
>>
>>83676838
My parents never let me go outside except for school, in general.

I guess I was grounded for my entire childhood.

I've become a hikki-neet and now my parents yell at me for that and call me a burden.
>>
File: Oats.jpg (32 KB, 383x416) Image search: [Google]
Oats.jpg
32 KB, 383x416
>Thinking punishing your child is okay
>Thinking beating your child is okay
>Advocating for it on a chinese imageboard

You're the kind of guys they find on To Catch a Predator.
>>
File: 1430792363611.png (510 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1430792363611.png
510 KB, 854x480
Jeezuz, This is the most depressing thread, I didn't want to have to think about the way my parents treated me
>>
File: 1431765431943.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1431765431943.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>Sister hits you
>hit her back
>Entire family claims you were in the wrong
Did anybody else experience the highest level of bullshit?
>>
>>83677493
When I was 13 and starting to hit puberty, I suddenly lost interest in anything I liked to do, and had thoughts about what the most painless methods to die would be. My life was perfectly normal though, I had no idea why I felt like that. It took me a long time to even partially gain back interest in life.
>>
>>83683107
Yes, but then I got tougher and started tanking her shit.
So she started kicking me in the dick. Dad suddenly wasn't on her side then.
>>
File: pic_2328_2.jpg (77 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
pic_2328_2.jpg
77 KB, 500x389
Did anyone else have the 'naughty hamper'?

Basically whenever I misbehaved my parents would make me sit in the washing hamper crouched down for a few hours depending on the severity of my misbehaviour and would then dump dirty clothes on to match how badly I behaved

For example if I refused to eat my vegetables, my dad would eat some broccoli, do a shit, not wipe his ass then dump his underpants into the hamper with me crouched inside. When I got a detention at school for spitting on another kid they took a bunch of clothes and soaked them ins aliva and I had to crouch in the hamper with them for 3 hours.

Honestly, it was effective. I rarely misbehaved. And when I did I misbehaved in a 'clean' way, for example I never made things dirty so I could avoid dirty clothes (though my parents always came up with something, even when I tried to be clever and misbehaved by making my baby brother drink liquid soap thinking they would throw soapy clean clothes in the hamper they didn't, they threw in my brothers vomit stained shirt)
>>
>>83683162
Meh, fucking everyone goes through that phase when they're ~13. Puberty is a bitch.
>>
>>83683168
Jesus Christ, dude. Where the fuck did you grow up?
>>
>>83683107
A friend of mine did. Then again he broke his sisters' tooth with a high kick.
>>
>>83683186
Bulgaria
>>
>>83683174
Yeah, but for like 3 years I felt like a zombie both inside and relative to other people. I feel like I could've done a lot more during those years, or at least enjoyed them a bit.

At least I lost some weight since food tasted so bland during that time.
>>
>>83683168
I think that technically counts as cruel and unusual punishment. Seriously, locking a kid in a hamper is fucked up enough (especially if it's one of those, the cloth is hard to breath through), but dropping in fresh dirty clothes just to make it worse it what pushes it to "unusual".
>>
>>83677493
Happened to me when I was 9.
Again when I started middle school.
Then highschool.
Etc.
>>
>>83678646
>sixth grade
>some girl is being a cunt to me after PE
>I give her a weak-ass limpwristed shove, more to tell her to step the fuck off than anything else
>immediately sent to principal's office and suspended
>dad gives me a long speech about how since I'm a guy, I can't go around hurting girls because their fragile delicate bodies can't take it
>this is despite the fact that I was a twiggy 140 lb. shutin and she was a member of the school volleyball team, being every bit more strong and athletic than me
>mom just agreed that the kid was a bitch and didn't punish me
>>
>>83677049
>They'd also bring your food to you and if you didn't eat it you didn't get dessert.
Shit, you should have called social services on them.
>>
It was more common before the advent of electronic devices and kids spent most of their leisure time playing outside.

I was grounded a few times when I was young, but it never bothered me because I hated playing outside. Then my parents wised up to that fact and took away my gameboy/computer when I was grounded, which actually worked.
>>
>>83676838
>The angle that revolves round the parents quietly sitting on furniture so they can do the cliché of turning on the light to surprise him
kek, my friend told me a similar story to this

>she is out
>her mum tells her to get back by midnight or some shit
>she is getting back home around 4am
>she walks into the house
>as she is walking the light is on in the living room
>she sees her mum's reflection on the black tv screen
>her mum gets up, looks at her, and goes up to sleep without saying a word
What gets me is the fact that her mum stayed up all that time to say nothing.
>>
>>83677462
>That's parental abuse
Wahhhwahhhwahhh
>>
>>83683627

>What gets me is the fact that her mum stayed up all that time to say nothing.

The silence is honestly worse than screaming, sometimes. The implication being that they're so disappointed and think so little of you that they think getting mad isn't worth it.

Of course, if you're already a shit, it has literally no impact.
>>
>>83683649
Yeah, to be honest that's a scary sight. Your mum sitting in silence at 4am, then just getting up and going to bed.
>>
>>83677049
>if you didn't eat it you didn't get dessert
You shouldn't be getting it anyway if your being punished.
>>
File: wake me up inside.jpg (272 KB, 1065x902) Image search: [Google]
wake me up inside.jpg
272 KB, 1065x902
I didn't go out a lot as a kid, so grounding me wouldn't have had much effect. My mum just stopped me going on the computer
>>
>>83676838
Yeah. I was grounded one summer after cops caught a friend and I beating the hell out of each other while trying to converse in our respective high school french and spanish on drugs at 5am.
>>
>>83677225
Faggot.
>>
>>83683107
Yep, first time I hit my younger sister back after she was smacking me repeatedly my dad came over and told me I was never allowed to hit girls in any circumstances. I get now this is possibly not a brilliantly fair rule to apply to a small child
>>
>>83677813
Did you get clinically diagnosed?
>>
File: tumblr_lu1jxgYX3E1qbjni1.jpg (99 KB, 499x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lu1jxgYX3E1qbjni1.jpg
99 KB, 499x250
>>83677906
The corner definitely is a thing, and the cap used to be a thing before people realized it was dumb and a little fucked up.

But while we're on the subject, let's talk about these creepy fuckers right here. Grandmothers are the worst for this bullshit, or doll collections in the spare room or whatever.
>>
>>83676838
My mother was absolutes shit at punishments. Seriously, one time she grounded me for about 2 weeks, it honestly didn't even last an hour.
>>
>>83683712
This for me, though it also extended to the television unless it's the nightly news
>>
>>83678351
My parents actually did take away the books. I didn't do my homework and was failing, so I came home one day to my room stripped fucking bare except for my bed and desk.

It might have worked had they been at all consistent with their punishments. They'd seem real serious about it and then lighten up after a week or two went by.
>>
>>83678003
>Some Chad faggot shat in my backpack on the first day of school
L M A O
M
A
O

underrated
>>
>>83683815
What the fuck are those?
>>
>>83678305
>abused
pussy
>>
>>83678003
>>83682578
There was a time when I thought about nothing except killing myself, but not because of depression but because I was intrigued by the subject alone. Eventually tried to hang myself in a safe manner just to see how suffocation by rope feels like.
>>
File: Sayu Raped Face.png (139 KB, 278x334) Image search: [Google]
Sayu Raped Face.png
139 KB, 278x334
>>83683065
>You're the kind of guys they find on To Catch a Predator.

Only if fucking your kids is their punishment.
>>
>>83678351
>I'll draw or read, no parents stop their kids from reading.
And that's fine, if I was a parent "grounding" my kid, I'd be fine with them reading or even honing their skills, just not doing empty bullshit. There is much better punishment than grounding for serious shit.
>>
>>83683910
Those are time-out dolls. If your grandmother was a cutesy bitch she'd have one of those standing in a corner out of some kind of nostalgia for early motherhood that would unwittingly serve to terrify her actual grandchildren when they had to be anywhere near it alone.
Try to sleep on the fold-out couch in the dark with that thing sitting in the corner. It ain't happening.
>>
I was not, but I was too afraid of my mom to do anything anyway.
>>
>>83677609
>I was put to do shit, like clean or something.

I was already put to do shit so they didn't really have anything more for me to do while I was grounded. Like I was 5 years old and helping my dad install a water heater for someone and I mean actually help, not just stand around and hand him whatever tool he asked for. I'd put in the pipes and shit.
>>
>>83682540
Nah. Grounding is hardly a punishment.

Like, wow, I get to stay in my room. Big deal.
>>
I got grounded a few times. My buddy always used to get grounded. Once he was grounded for the day and we asked him to come play kickball. He said he could sneak out Cos his mom was taking a nap. So after he snuck out I snuck back to the door and banged on it real hard to wake her up. Then I ran off And waited.

Minute later we hear guys mom screaming out his name. He dejectedly went home. Then we all went and listened at the apartment door as she beat his ass for sneaking out.
I solid snaked that shit. It was pretty nice.

I was a terrible friend to have as a kid.
>>
>>83678563
>>83678611
>>83678712
Well, maybe if you looked after your own children others wouldn't have to?

>select the pick-up trucks
kek
>>
>>83678646
Your mum's a faggot. I'd be glad if my child fought for themselves, but not biting others. You'd get chilli in your mouth for that, m8.
>>
>>83678713
Family Guy, and the film that's referencing is Shawshank Redemption.
>>
>>83677879
>Namely because Curfews are another liberal construct.

I got put in jail when I was 23 because I was caught out after a curfew set in my town and I didn't want to pay the fine. There wasn't even anything, like murders, missing persons, arsons, etc the fucking local government just thought it'd be a nice thing to have to keep kids off the street even though there's no where for kids to go and give them a reason to leave their homes in the first place.
>>
>>83676838
I was the type of kid that was forced to go outside and play
Luckily I snuck my Gameboy SP out along with me
>>
>>83677906
the corner is very real in elementary school we even had to do it outside during recess
>>
>>83678849
>They just aren't the type of people who get angry
They were just pussies you mean. You spoilt child. Because at the end of the day, you needed disciplining, and the one time they did, was just a little talk. To this day, you probably haven't realised that the kids parents cleaned your shit.
>>
>>83678170
I got sent to a "therapist" once but really it was just a preacher wannabe that didn't go all the way with it to become an actual preacher. As expected all of his solutions were "Have you tried thinking about our Lord Jesus Christ?"
>>
>>83679361
One of my best friends was like this is high school. If we wanted to hang out we had to do it at his house or not at all because his mom always needed him to baby sit. It was bullshit because it's not like he was babysitting because she had to work, she fully believed she could have two kids in a household and still go clubbing and to bars 4 times a week.He finally got pissed one night when she pulled that on him and exploded about how "The was no dad in the house so he had to be one".

Never had problems hanging out again after that though.
>>
>>83678424
>You mean the things horse racers use to make their horses run faster?

Those are called riding crops.
>>
>>83682444
>>83682465
kek
>>
>>83684202
I did this. Of course I would also ride my bike around my yard for hours, or take comics and a portable radio up into a tree and chill out thirty feet up.
>>
>>83683065
b8
>>
>>83683790
clinically yes.
>>
>>83678938
>go similar treatment, locked out of the house and told to go find other kids to play with
>nearest neighbor was 10 miles away
>>
>>83684504
Are you clinically sure?
>>
>>83684524
I'm clinically sure
>>
>>83684535
You are sure, clinically?
>>
>>83676838
I was reverse grounded.
Forced to go outside and play, I was a bookworm.
>>
>>83676838
In my culture there is no concept of grounding. It is really unnecessary.
>>
>>83683211
Y U R O P I A N R E F E R E N D U M
>>
>>83683466
>this is despite the fact that I was a twiggy 140 lb. shutin and she was a member of the school volleyball team, being every bit more strong and athletic than me
Maybe you should have worked out then.
>>
How did you people even get caught misbehaving that much? Only times I ever really got in trouble was when I was young, like elementary school and earlier. Passed that it was easy to get away with stuff.
>>
>>83684601
I went to High school right as the ability to check grades online came out. I only ever got in trouble because of grades, and it's hard to get away with it once your parents can access them from the shitter.
>>
>>83678003
>Some Chad faggot shat in my backpack on the first day of school.
Let me guess, you live in Australia.
>>
File: ...awkward.png (10 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
...awkward.png
10 KB, 429x410
>>83677461
This is a great example of how too much technology at a young age fucks you up bigtime.
>>
>>83678075
idk how people can still endorse corporal punishment when so many criminal fucks were beaten as children? clearly there are huge numbers of people who don't respond well at all
>>
>>83676932
Same, I just got my ass beat with the christmas present I gave my parents. A piece of wall trim I decorated for them.

They still laugh about how fucked up it was.
>>
>>83682573
>Why don't you get out of the house more often?
>Nowhere to go
>Nothing to do
>Nobody to go/do with anyway
>>
Yeah I never got grounded because my parents weren't home enough to make sure I didn't go outside anyway (which I did) so I either got my TV taken out of my room or a big spanking... usually the latter because it's the only punishment I truly feared. I think I got my last one when I was 8 because I forgot to take my homework to school for advanced learners and my dad was pissed I'd be so careless and "waste opportunities"...
>>
>>83683649
My parents hated me anyway, so that was just another day at home
>>
>>83684657
Lmao farmers are subhuman.
>>
>>83677493
Americans mate.
gotta sell them pills sooner
>>
>>83684646
>idk how people can still endorse grounding when so many criminal fucks were grounded as children? clearly there are huge numbers of people who don't respond well at all

The reason is consistency. With consistency and used along with other disciplining methods, corporeal punishment actually improves behaviour.
>>
>>83683107
>older sister hits me constantly from when I'm in diapers to when I'm a teenager
>finally punch back one day
>live on a farm and do farm work so I'm strong as fuck for my age and end up breaking her nose really bad
>her face is never the same afterwards
>her boyfriend that knocked her up breaks up with her over it
>him and his car just vanish one day without a single word to anyone
>she ended up having twins

At least she's not a bitch any more and we're cool now. She actually doesn't hold me responsible for that asshat breaking up with her. She figures if he's shallow enough to do that and never attempt to make any sort of contact with her, any of her family, or see his children he would have found a reason to dump her eventually.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.