[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the essential paperbacks/collections to get? Now at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
What are the essential paperbacks/collections to get?

Now at 30, after being a tmnt fan all my life, i finally wanna get into the original comics.
>>
I saw someone post this list online. These are all from the volume 1 run of the original Mirage comics. Dunno if you'd be able to find all of these in paperbacks and collections, though, but they're supposedly essential reading, while cutting out some of the more dubious issues from other people that turned the comic into a non-canon shitshow.

TMNT 1-3
Raphael 1
TMNT 4
Fugitoid 1
TMNT 5-7
Michelangelo 1
TMNT 8
Donatello 1
TMNT 9
Leonardo 1
TMNT 10-15
TMNT 17
TMNT 19-21
Tales of the TMNT 1-7
TMNT 24-28
TMNT 48-62
>>
>>83657115
Does anyone have the TMNT recommendation infographic(s)?
>>
>>83657115
Just pick up the IDW Ultimate collection volumes.
>>
Or you could get the "The Works" compilations, if you prefer them in color.
>>
>>83657115
>Volume 1 -the first 11 issues and the micro series.
>Tales of the TMNT vol. 1
>Return to New York (vol.1)
>City at War
>Volume 2
>TMNT Adventures (entire thing)
>>
>>83657115
IDW have also released Tales of the TMNT Vol.2 in paperback (and in full color) so I recommend getting that too.
>>
>Fugitoid micro rerelease never ever
Feels bad man
>>
>>83657115
For Mirage
go for the IDW Collections, since it gets all the Peter Laird/Kevin Eastman stuff
>>
>>83660791
It was released in a set with IDW's "Utrom Empire" trade
>>
>>83660791
It's in the Mirage release of the first 11 issues. Of course that set goes for $300 or something due to its rarity.
>>
>>83660824
do you think IDW will ever re-release Vol.3 from Image? and would they include the final two issues that were released by fans?

and what about the South American Turtles? Would love to see them or the Japanese Manga re-released and translated.
>>
Op here, so far the The Works collection looks the most interesting, i think imana go for that one
>>
>>83661193
If you prefer color reprints over B&W yes The Works collection is for you. You can try Classics and Tales of TMNT collection as well.
>>
>>83660994
I do not count something that cost 300 dollars

>>83660838
wait really the original mirage one?
>>
>>83662140
I think the 2nd edition with the turtles appearing.
>>
>>83662269
whats the difference just the added pages with the turtles
>>
>>83662140
>wait really the original mirage one?

Yeah. Utrom Empire was only 3-issues, so to fill out a trade they included the original Mirage Fugitoid Micro as a bonus.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.