[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /co/, I really like the OG Nick Fury, and was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5
Hey, /co/, I really like the OG Nick Fury, and was wondering what you'd reccommend. I've read the original Lee/Kirby and Steranko stuff, Ennis' MAX, and Secret Warriors, but there's gotta be more out there.

fuck Original Sin
>>
File: latest.jpg (262 KB, 1266x1854) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
262 KB, 1266x1854
>>83650971
Nick Fury vs. SHIELD?
>>
File: Fury.jpg (213 KB, 640x984) Image search: [Google]
Fury.jpg
213 KB, 640x984
>>83650971
>>83653434
And then an ongoing that follows that.
>>
>>83653434
>>83653536
Really? I heard Bob Harras' stuff wasn't that good, but maybe I heard wrong.

Also general SHIELD stuff can apply too. I found Hickman's SHIELD pretty interesting and would've loved to know more about it, but for some reason Marvel won't release the last two issues.
>>
>>83653582
I mean, if you're looking for the great stuff, you already read it. But if you're just wondering what else is out there, then the Harras' stuff is next.

I imagine you've already read Secret War, Secret Invasion, Seige, Dark Reign and all the attendant stuff when you say you read Secret Warriors?
>>
>>83653582
>Really? I heard Bob Harras' stuff wasn't that good, but maybe I heard wrong.

You heard right. I mean, Harras' stuff wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that remarkable either.

Like >>83653690 said, if you've read the Steranko stuff and the Ennis stuff, you've pretty much covered the "best of Nick Fury" catalogue.

The early Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos comic from the 1960s is worth looking into if you want to see the roots of the character and Jack Kirby drawing him in a WWII setting. There's a comprehensive overview of that series here (it suggests that the first 28 issues are the "essential" Sgt. Fury stories):

http://thegeeksverse.com/2015/02/21/leaving-proof-255-a-sgt-fury-and-his-howling-commandos-retrospective/

Also, the Wolverine/Nick Fury graphic novel "The Scorpio Connection" is a solid read. It's by Howard Chaykin (before his art style fell off a cliff).
>>
File: marvel_spotlight_31.jpg (1 MB, 2037x3055) Image search: [Google]
marvel_spotlight_31.jpg
1 MB, 2037x3055
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.