[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dont let your dreams be dreams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10
File: Screenshot_20160531-191857.jpg (638 KB, 1407x684) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160531-191857.jpg
638 KB, 1407x684
Bra why arn't you a real life superhero! Come on if its anything you can do it man!

Just learn some parcore and martial arts and shit!
If he can do it you can do it too brah! Dont you wanna live out your fantasy! Do it brah!
>>
>>83647573
What a couple of douchebags.
>>
>>83647637
Jelly brah!

Pheonix Jones on the right actully does make his city safer and has saved at least 1 confirmed life
>>
>>83647573
I would never do that, seeing as how sadly I do not have issues.
Also, they look like dipshits.
>>
I've pondered the thought of becoming a real life superhero though.

Thing is, it'd take resources and lots of experience, plus you'd need to be nice and /fit/. And unlike comics, the odds of actually running into a crime to stop are super low. You might go on 'patrol' for months at a time and never find anything. And if you did, you might just overcomplicate things if you get involved, or get yourself hurt.

There's no way it's worth it.

Dude on the left has a cool as fuck costume though.
>>
>>83647573
i've explained this before but i'll do it again
if it's possible to just open your door, go for a walk, and find crime to fight, then there is too much crime for you to be making a dent in it. it's like rolling a marble across your floor as a method of killing roaches
>>
File: seriously.jpg (16 KB, 402x285) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
16 KB, 402x285
> not supporting real life super heroes

I bet the people who hold this belief don't even read comics.
>>
I go "patrolling" at night with a dark hoodie on. It's really just an excuse to go jogging around campus thought. Never saw anything. 14 years of muay thai and I've never once had the chance to use it in a street fight.
>>
File: supercapd.jpg (521 KB, 1895x767) Image search: [Google]
supercapd.jpg
521 KB, 1895x767
>>83647573
>>
>>83647573
Because the biggest gangs own the police and the moment you step on a cop's revenue stream you're fucked. They'll frame you for a murder, call a manhunt, and you'll die in a "shootout".

The best you can do is go Punisher, but they'll get you before your war journal has ten entries.
>>
>>83647772
Have you not read Watchmen? I can almost guarantee Phoenix Jones and the like have deep-set psychological issues.
>>
File: FearTheFlattop.jpg (9 KB, 308x286) Image search: [Google]
FearTheFlattop.jpg
9 KB, 308x286
>>83647710
Well pheonix had his secret idenity outed and it turn out he is a very successfully MMA fighter

Pheonix on the right is the only one i see who really is good at it and does run into shit in sanfrasicsco a Lot.

A lot of times he's a mediator to break up a situation like a big brawl.

I only included the pic with the other guy on the left of op pic cus he looks cool

Example in action https://vimeo.com/30307440
>>
While Phoenix Jones does actually fight people, most real life superheroes just do stuff like charity work and neighborhood patrol.
>>
>>83647857
They're still doing the right thing. Just because you have issues doesn't mean you can't be a hero, anon. Some would say having issues is a prerequisite.

We need more heroes.
>>
>>83647857
So wanting to help people is psychologicaly mental?

What if police arn't enough?
>>
>>83647573
Someday I will
>>
File: phoenix_jones-640.jpg (46 KB, 640x422) Image search: [Google]
phoenix_jones-640.jpg
46 KB, 640x422
>>83647573
>>83647675
>>83647857
>>83647865
>>83647867
Pheonix Jones a shit
>>
>>83647940
Attaboy! Be sure to have medical supplys with you.
>>
>>83647865
>Well pheonix had his secret idenity outed and it turn out he is a very successfully MMA fighter
Precisely. If you don't have the sort of body that he does and the experience fighting people that he does, you really should not be doing the kind of thing that he does either. He does seem to somehow find an incredible amount of trouble to deal with though.
>>
>>83647960
That suit is so bad.
>>
>>83647908
>>83647917
Whilst I do think communities all over need more upstanding individuals to set an example and help those in need, I do not believe going out at night is the right way to go about it, let alone healthy.

Shit man, they talked about this shit in The Dark Knight. A hero needs a face, and he needs to be one with the community. Not somebody who wears spandex and visits bodily harm upon others. If you really want to help out, volunteer at a library, community center, soup kitchen or any such organization. Start a neighborhood watch, become a volunteer firefighter, start food drives. Become the hero your community really needs, not some masked avenger.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160531-192003.jpg (1 MB, 1429x1922) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160531-192003.jpg
1 MB, 1429x1922
>>83647960
What did you say.....punk

>pheonix jones for president
>>
>>83648038
It really does need some work.
>>
Phoenix Jones is the real deal. Watched an episode of Comicbook Men and his stories sound ridiculous

>gets shot
>removed the bullet himself
>passed out in a dumpster for a entire night

>gets body armor
>shot twice
>saved by armor
>stopped a car jacking in the process

Dudes straight up Daredevil IRL.
>>
>>83648044
He actully does do community shit
>>83648027
>implying someone can't learn
That defeatist aditude wont get you anywhere
>>
>>83648137
But why do so in a mask?
>>
File: superheroes (1).jpg (409 KB, 1059x1500) Image search: [Google]
superheroes (1).jpg
409 KB, 1059x1500
RLSHkino coming through

Seriously though, great movie. Probably my favorite of all time. I think the whole thing's on YouTube, definitely worth a watch
>>
>>83648117
Did that shit really happen?
>>
>>83648117
Dont forget the time he got stabbed and just filled it with Vaseline and went on a date.

untill halfway on the date he was bleeding from his shirt and admited to her he's a superhero

then I think she stuck with him and became Purple Rain
>>
>>83648167
So criminal scum cant hurt the people you love

And so you can become more than just a man, a symbol, an inspiration. That inspiration actully helped him create of team of other people who wanted to do what he did. He trained them, and there is like 7,8 of them now.

Also the costume is so cops are not confused him as a bad guy, as he is very popular and notorious.
>>
>>83648117
>passed out in a dumpster

Reminds me of a spiderman comic
>>
>>83647865
>very successfully MMA fighter
no he isn't

if you cant make your living fighting you arent successful
>>
>>83648587
Who said he could't make a living off of MMA fighting?
>>
>>83648117
>things that never happened
and the car jacking was confirmed staged, there wasn't actually a car jacking, it was a fake report made to the media.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (66 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
66 KB, 1280x720
>all this talk of real life Super Heroes
>no one ever mentions the real life villains
>>
>>83648630
if he could then he would, but he can't so he doesn't.
He really isn't good, he's very athletic but that's as far as it goes, his skills are shit. He wins by virtue of his opponents being more bad than he is, not because he's particularly good by any metric.
>>
>>83648674
Have you joined ROACH yet?
>>
>>83648674

Go to bed, Rex.
>>
>>83647865
>Example in action https://vimeo.com/30307440
he got charged criminally for that because he discharged pepper spray on bystanders, causing one of them to wander into traffic and get hit by a car while blinded.
>>
>>83647573
1. He's a professional fighter and Martial Artist
2. He's been to court and everyone knows his secret identity, so he endangers the lives of everybody he cares about
3. He takes his hot girlfriend with him on patrols in her own revealing, unprotected costume, putting her at risk
4. Phoenix Jones (on the right) is the only RLSH closest to a "superhero", and is probably the only one who 'fights crime'. The rest of them are fat fedoras who give water bottles to crack addicts on the side of the road while wearing cosplay.
>>
>>83648682
>he wins by virtue of his opponents being bad

By that logic litteretly noone in history has won anything cus everyone was just bad.
Im pretty sure training so he can bet better won him his fights

How would you know if he can make a living off of Profesional MMA or not?

Do you have his taxes?
Where is your proof?

This entire convo is you just making assumptions so you can be a contradictanrian faggot.
>>
>>83648674
>"villain"
>has never committed a crime or done anything evil and is just a faggot who wears a costume and wants attention from the "heroes"
>>
>>83648740
Go to bed rex

I've only seen a pic suggesting another superhero doing that, not pheonex tho.

Noone said the job wasn't going to have complications. Why are you being so contradictanrian.
>>
>>83648197
>The Asylum Presents:
>"Whoop-Ass"
>>
>>83648800
>Where is your proof?
because he isn't doing it

either you are friends with him, or you just don't know shit about MMA. considering I actually do martial arts for a living trust me when I say he isn't good, his athleticism is all he has going for him. I would happily fight him if he ever finds his way out of the small time and into an actual fight promotion people care about.
>>
My dream is to have my own ruthless terrorist organization with which I can take over the world.

Or a harem of demon girls.

Whichever is easier to obtain.
>>
>>83648917
you can see it happen in the video
>>
>>83649006
What the time on the video, i dont see it
>>
>>83649078
go to 1:45, the silver car struck the man in white
>>
>>83647710

I tell you what, you do it and I'll show up in town and be the supervillain
>>
>>83647710
It's possible to be a real hero.

But not like these clowns.

There are a lot of things you'd have to do:
>identity can't be known
>no baby shit cooperation with police
>attempt to stay unknown, urban legend at best
>highly trained, fit, well armed, master of guerilla warfare
>specifically goes after gang leaders, drug dealers, criminals who couldn't be convicted

It's extremely difficult to fight multiple people at once, even if you're a master martial artist. You'd have to use lots of subterfuge and terrorist tactics to scare people out of crime, especially if you're not killing them.

I've always wanted to write a comic about this. I think the movie Super is the closest I've ever seen to a realistic take on the concept, and even that was far from reality.
>>
>>83649152
I saw the vid. A guy did get "knocked" (not ran over) by the white car, but that man is clearly not pepper sprayed at all.

When you get pepper sprayed you are not casually walking doen the street like nothing happened, right before he get hit be bends down to pick something up he saw with his eyes, clearly not blinded or in any pain whatsoever

You litteretly just made up the pepper spray to try to make pheonix look bad.

The one to blame is the reckless driver in the white car. Pheonex had no control over that.

Summary- rex go to bed you liar
>>
>>83649327
So less like superheroics, more like terrorism aimed at criminals?
>>
File: 1462705178627.gif (1005 KB, 444x272) Image search: [Google]
1462705178627.gif
1005 KB, 444x272
>>83647573
me on the left
>>
If I were to become a vigilante, because that's what you would be, not a super-hero, because you would need superpowers for that, which I don't think I would be getting any time soon (not until I'm 30 and I become a wizard, at least).

The common thread here is that crimes don't happen regularly enough to be stopped. The truth is the worst crimes happen behind closed doors; child rape, domestic violence, violence against animals; these crimes which could be prevented if the justice system was equipped to handle it. Sadly, you need to prove these things with evidence; which for the most part is a good thing because it stops innocent people being jailed for crimes they didn't commit. But there are times when you know someone has committed the crime and you just can't prove it; at least not without breaking the law.

So, if I were going to be a vigilante, I would involve myself with work working closely with social-care, and general care of animals. Then, whenever we come up against a nasty son of a bitch who is committing a crime, and we just can't prove it, I would don a featureless black mask and go in and sort it out myself.

Fuck being a symbol. Or leaving a calling card. Get /fit/, get trained, beat the criminal within an inch of their life and get the child or animal to safety.
>>
>>83649427
>The one to blame is the reckless driver in the white car. Pheonex had no control over that.
except for the part where the guy in the car was speeding away to escape the maniac in body armor blasting him with pepper spray

ben was the direct cause of that event occurring. also stop trying to downplay someone getting hit by a car because it didn't roll over him
>>
>>83649327
He's still a superhero though

Who says spiderman never worked with the police, hell in some incarnations he's buddy buddy. Somebody post the pic of batman and someone else meeting a cop in the park a night and being like "sup dude"

>>83649446
Using that reasoning the police should just quit their job
>>
>>83649533
>Trying to upplay jones as a killer maniac

Pheonix was casually walking away when the guy went into his car and drove like crazy. He wasn't chasing him UNTILL he hit a guy in the first place. People like that drive like crazy just cus they are riled up in the first place regardless. Pheonex successfully broke up a fight in the first round that could have ended with someone's death.

2. The guy did get knocked to the side at a relatively low speed luckly. But he did not get ran "over"

Btw why did you lie about the guy getting pepper sprayed? Cant debate without lies?
>>
>>83647857
No just a innate need for attention
>>
>>83648117
>>83648212
He has a gopro camera on his head, the stuff is on youtube, most of it is boring some of it is the best reality tv I've ever seen
>>
>>83649494
> tfw I wish you would do this but I know you won't and more innocent children will be hurt

Why don't you do it anon? Why?
>>
>>83651262
Oh my god pheonix jones aka ben works with children cus he's that great of a guy.

Do you think, that he's already doing it.

Overhearing abuse by children then dawning his mask to seek justice!

Multiverse theory is real!
>>
>>83651837
U wot m8
>>
Who's the dude on the left?
>>
>>83651857
The anal clasper

Of course!
>>
>>83648674
>>83648849
real villains don't admit they're villains because it compromises their villainy
>>
>>83647960
Cant an actually costume artist make him a proper costume jeez.
>>
Phoenix Jones is a shit. He mostly just patrols around looking for drunk people to beat the hell out of. He cheated on his supportive wife. He stole money from his former crew. It's all about shameless self-promotion with him. I used to look up to him until I learned the truth.
>>
Beating the shit out of "bad guys" is still a serious crime even if they were doing bad. Have fun going to jail along side the criminal as well as getting into all the shit that comes with a violent crime charge like counseling, therapy, etc and then the lawsuit from the "Bad Victim" if you actually hurt them in any significant way.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.