[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think the katana is the best always because it was perfected
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1321137611284.jpg (57 KB, 271x262) Image search: [Google]
1321137611284.jpg
57 KB, 271x262
I think the katana is the best always because it was perfected over millions of years by the very best craftsmen, sharpeners, blacksmiths and so on... at the sharpest point it was actually less than one atom thick meaning it could cut through ANYTHING, except itself... you see, the pure finest steel was folded over itself 16,000 times, the pressure and heat became so high that it created a fission which bound the layers in such a way that it became the hardest metal known to man. these incredible blades could cut through boulders, people, trees and other metals, as if they were warm butter. the shape was designed to create a cavity of air in front of the blade, this meant that the blade itself never even touched what it was cutting, it simply forced the air around it into such a small area that it pushed matter away.
the samurai were trained from birth how to wield this masterpiece of weaponry, by age 6 they could defeat almost any adult man from other armies. they had such precision and skill that they could slice a musket ball mid flight, sometimes even blindfolded.

Now tell me katanas aren't the greatest sword ever, you dorks.
>>
Tony who let you near the alcohol again.
>>
File: 1321143847803.jpg (37 KB, 310x382) Image search: [Google]
1321143847803.jpg
37 KB, 310x382
>>83644909
I just want to talk about katanas
>>
>>83644885
Katanas were actually quite fragile as swords, you can't clash with katanas like you could western swords. They nick and break quite easily.
>>
File: 1321137705649.jpg (54 KB, 490x485) Image search: [Google]
1321137705649.jpg
54 KB, 490x485
>>83644969
BULL
SHIT
>>
>>83645004
Look it up, son. Katanas were made for quick engagements, for one fell swoop to cause big injuries. Because they were so sharp, they were ultra thin, and very brittle when too much force is applied. Additionally, sturdy metal armor was not terribly common in japan, so katanas had less to cut through in engagements typically. What western swords lacked in slicing capability they made up for with weight and power. If you clashed a european sword with a katana, the katana would likely break very quickly.
>>
>>83645143
There's a famous last stand scene for some samurai and he has like 8 swords in case of breaking
>>
Does someone have the gif or video of a European sword breaking a katana?
>>
Dammit you alky fuck you're supposed to be a genius not a goddamn weeaboo.
>>
>>83646729
Seven Samurai?

I know Kikuchiyo did something like that at the climax of the movie.
>>
File: katana-vs-broadsword.gif (2 MB, 310x191) Image search: [Google]
katana-vs-broadsword.gif
2 MB, 310x191
>>83646866
>>
>>83645004
I learned it from Usagi Yojimbo.
>>
File: katana king.jpg (85 KB, 843x477) Image search: [Google]
katana king.jpg
85 KB, 843x477
Did somebody say Katana?
>>
>>83644885
Fold it as much as you like, damascus steel wins.
>>
>>83644960
[Cult of Personality intensifies]
>>
>>83653904
IT'S IN YOUR EYES
WHAT DO YOU SEE?
>>
>>83644885

Almost none of that is true.
>>
The entire point of folding is because they were made from crappy steel and that was the only way to make decent swords from it. Any blade made from decent steel is better than even the best katana.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.