[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Ending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: sadstartsadending.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
sadstartsadending.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
I decided to take a look onto that old cartoon, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and the final episode plus the pilot really did get to me. How did you /co/nrads react when the show started and when it ended?

Is there any more great shows that ended on a memorable high note? I wish The Simpsons had planned on taking this route and ended itself as a great show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lxST3aIs-0
>>
I remember as a kid I thought this was a horrible ending.
>>
This is one of those shows that seem good in comparison to everything else that was out a the time, and complete shit in hindsight.
>>
WOW, this show have a actually ending?
>>
>>83641744
Well, more of an Everyone Loves Raymond style ending, where it could basically be any normal episode, but with a bit of knowing finality on the end shot.
>>
File: [Dragonball Z sound effect].png (279 KB, 626x531) Image search: [Google]
[Dragonball Z sound effect].png
279 KB, 626x531
>>83640653
>the entire house was imaginary
>the entire world was imaginary
>>
>>83640653 (OP)
I should have used the actual episode instead of that video, since the thing that makes this episode sad is the ordinarity before the final parts. It felt like a definitive closing goodbye, especially that reverse intro scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjiTdm6jMe4 [Embed]

>>83641739
>>83641808
>>83641677
Do you guys know any other shows where this trope happens?
>>
I actually distinctly remember it.
>CN advertises the final four or five episodes of Foster back to back in one day
>After those five episodes they just stopped airing reruns of the show
You literally had that one chance to see the finale on tv before the show self-destructed for no reason.
>>
>>83642623
I think the Brak Show, right?
It's mostly normal up until Brak laments that he's been cancelled at the very end.
>>
>>83640653
That ending was super half assed.
>>
File: wall.jpg (18 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
wall.jpg
18 KB, 640x480
>>83642124
There's an imaginary wall in the house.
>>
File: 1422204998357.png (423 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
1422204998357.png
423 KB, 600x451
Ed, Edd n Eddy is pretty much the only show I've gotten genuinely teary-eyed at for ending, because it was just such a big part of my childhood. Foster's did get me a little sad too because it was one of the primary shows on during the summer of 2004-2005 era, and I watched it all the time. I also remember when I was old enough to realize they weren't gonna make any more Space Ghost Coast2Coast episodes. That fucked with me pretty bad, made me paranoid all my other favorite shows were gonna get canceled.
>tfw we're closer to 2020 than we are to 2005
>>
Spongebob The Movie.

Its the canon ending for spongebob and it fits so god damn well it still hurts watching it knowing that no matter how shitty the show gets, it ends on a high note in the canon.
>>
File: Shirley2.jpg (46 KB, 544x408) Image search: [Google]
Shirley2.jpg
46 KB, 544x408
>>83640653
I really enjoyed this show,but it left bit of a sour taste in my mouth because Bloo progressively got worse and more obnoxious
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.